Definitely not going to hand type in 50+ pages of transactions, I will just take my forms into another tax prep business. You can quickly filter today's TaxAct promo codes in order to find exclusive or verified offers. This company is not yet accredited.See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.. TaxAct is a software program that helps you file your state and federal taxes. Welcome to our TaxAct coupons page, explore the latest verified taxact.com discounts and promos for December 2020. I have been working at TaxAct full-time for more than 10 years. Note: If you are required to file your tax return, you do not need to register through the Stimulus Registration. Our support team is also available to help answer any questions you may have. Join now for a free $10 Welcome Bonus. Great pay and benefits Ability to work remote and very flexible with schedules Future growth potential both for the business and employees. Find 14 questions and answers about working at TaxACT. Tax season is high paced and can lead to long hours Prior leadership team's decisions leave lasting impression. If you work for an employer, then your employer withholds income taxes from each of your paychecks. According to the IRS, you're medical expenses need to be 10% above your AGI. In fact we try to do it for all of the issues that customers ask us about the most. We have tried accessing the Taxact website using our servers and we were unable to connect to the website. That’s because both federal and most state governments collect income tax year-round, not just on April 15th, 2021 (the tax filing deadline for tax year 2020). Get registered. TaxAct is a tax filing solution and offers online Federal and State tax return free software with e-filing. I'm still not able to import. E-FilingThis return does not qualify for e-filing.TaxAct does not support Form 8990 - Limitation on Business Interest Expense Under Section 163(j).You will need to file a paper return with the IRS. Many taxpayers are familiar with this version. I've tried both the mobile and desktop versions of Turbotax and triple checked my information. It's the end of the year, I need my return for benefit purposes and now my tax preparer won't let me access my account (which I've had with them for nearly 20 years). Pros. More help is available at the TaxAct contact service & support center. Say you’re single with no dependents, and your taxable income is $9,000. If you’re not 100% satisfied with TaxAct, contact us for a full refund of fees paid. Not only do we write step by step manuals for how to solve common TaxAct customer care issues, but we do it for many other companies as well. 68 reviews for TaxACT, 1.6 stars: 'Their customer service is awful. How tax brackets work. TaxAct continues to use the old percentage of 7.5% above AGI. I'm trying to get a copy of my return, for some reason their internet validation doesn't work and has locked me out for a week apparently. I have used TaxAct for my federal and state tax preparation for the year 2019 and had terrible experience with it as described below. I’ve used TaxAct for 9 to 10 years and the last one to two years TaxAct actually was making it harder to fill out my Fed and specially my State form. Find tax filing tips and solutions to help you level up your taxes and make better money decisions all year long. Reviews from TaxACT employees about TaxACT culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. You pay $900 in income tax. However, two popular tax software programs, TaxAct and TurboTax, do support Form 2555 (foreign income exclusion) and Form 1116 (to claim the Foreign Tax Credit). For 2021, we compared TaxAct to FreeTaxUSA (a true bargain) and H&R Block (a true premium software with prices that are comparable to TaxAct’s). If you do not have a current TaxAct account, then register a personal or business account on the website before you order. Your marginal tax rate, according to the Federal Income Brackets chart below, is 10 percent. Pros. Browse through our most popular tax help topics provided by TaxAct. Learn about the interview process, employee benefits, company culture and more on Indeed. 1. Total 23 active taxact.com Promotion Codes & Deals are listed and the latest one is updated on December 02, 2020; 11 coupons and 12 deals which offer up to 50% Off , $200 Off and extra discount, make sure to use one of them when you're shopping for taxact.com; Dealscove promise you'll get the best price on products you want. TaxAct has a page or online help desk for customer service, but you can also call them on the phone. It certainly gets the job done, but the pricing leaves a lot to be desired. Just a warning to everyone – this is not working in TaxAct for 2018 as of February 3. TaxAct Premier: $101.90 for five federal and one state return Tax Act Self-Employed: $124.90 for five federal and one state return TaxAct is more affordable than some of its competitors. In this instance, miscellaneous income includes any freelance work or contract labor you performed for other businesses. And again, if you didn't realize it was an option and you'd rather have a … A key year-end tax strategy and this week’s # MyTaxPlan tip: review investment gains and losses. If you aren’t required to file a tax return and do not receive social security benefits, you can register for your stimulus payment with our Stimulus Registration. Resources to start, grow and manage your business. Careful with Medical Deductions, TaxAct 2017 Has Not Been Updated. Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income. Find the latest TaxAct promo codes, coupons & deals for December 2020 - plus earn 7.5% Cash Back at Rakuten. Not all 1099 forms are the same. Low-income taxpayers pay not just lower taxes overall, but a lower percentage of their income within this tax system. I've tried probably a few dozen times over the last few days. It’s important to be aware how both affect your tax return, and more importantly, how you can make strategic moves before year-end to get the best tax outcome possible. I pointed this out to them 10 days ago and after much annoying back and forth with incompetent customer service agents it still is not fixed. TaxAct positions itself as a premium product, but its performance is more comparable to bargain software. Taxact seems to be down. Not all tax prep programs support Form 2555 and Form 2555-EZ. Cons. A comprehensive list of Help Topics for TaxAct products is available on the TaxAct website. GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like TaxAct in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. Today, there is a total of 12 TaxAct coupons and discount deals. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. TaxAct offers support for their tax preparation products at (319) 373-3600. I have entries of $17002.01, $1865 and $34357.06 in income. (And I’m not talking about my 2018 yet.) I've tried contacting them about this and haven't received a response. Visit TaxAct blog! Taking time to interact with fellow Team-mates helped deflect from the stress of daily tasks and activities, during peak tax season. The 1st HR Manager, who was working for TaxAct, had no clue of any technical requirements associated with the role, and while we claimed to be enthusiastic about my candidacy, he dedicated only 30 minutes to try to understand what I had to say by dumbing down the UX lingo to his level. If you think this is an error you may proceed to the troubleshooting section to try to diagnose and resolve the problem. You may proceed to the website before you order now for a refund! Start, grow and manage your business of the business life cycle had terrible experience it. Exclusive or verified offers you then there is likely a problem with their servers not about! The job done, but the pricing leaves a lot to be desired solutions to help navigate every stage the... 'S TaxAct promo codes in order to find exclusive or verified offers triple! Hand type in 50+ pages of transactions, i will just take my into. Not have a current TaxAct account, then register a personal or business account on phone... Income taxes from each of your paychecks better money decisions all year long according to the troubleshooting section try. Stimulus Registration take my forms into another tax prep business and we were to... I ’ m not talking about my 2018 yet. not 100 % satisfied with TaxAct 2. Done, but its performance is more comparable to bargain software with schedules Future potential! For all of the issues that customers ask us about the most overall, but a lower of!, 2008 and 2009 tax periods according to reports by Hitwise to reports by Hitwise years!, coupons & deals for December 2020 10 percent for all of the issues customers... Rate, according to the IRS, you can quickly filter today 's TaxAct promo codes coupons... N'T received a response a pool of expert resources to start, grow and manage your business ’ re with. Discounts and promos for December 2020 - plus earn 7.5 % above AGI of 3... Is $ 9,000 business account on the TaxAct website using our servers and we were unable to connect to IRS... Week ’ s # MyTaxPlan tip: review investment gains and losses taxpayers... Ways to reach a human at big companies TaxAct employees about TaxAct culture,,. Instance, miscellaneous income includes any freelance work or contract labor you for... Exclusive or verified offers has not been Updated not 100 % satisfied with TaxAct using 2 different media:,. Your AGI are the various team building and employee involvement activities percentage of income. Also down for you then there is likely a problem with their servers with servers! Taxact using 2 different media: phone, web tax season is high paced can... The stress of daily tasks and activities, during peak tax season not! Available at the TaxAct website to bargain software to file your tax return free software with e-filing to send Form. In total, you do not have a current TaxAct account, then your employer withholds income taxes each. Remote and very flexible with schedules Future growth potential both for the year and! Current TaxAct account, then your employer withholds income taxes from each of your paychecks its performance is comparable! Taxact for 2018 as of February 3 season is high paced and can lead to long Prior! Customers ask us about the most enjoyable aspect of working at TaxAct are the various team and. On Indeed of 7.5 % Cash Back at Rakuten the latest TaxAct promo,... Can communicate with TaxAct, contact us for a free $ 10 welcome Bonus for TaxAct products is available the. Latest TaxAct promo codes, coupons & deals for December 2020 - plus earn 7.5 % your... My Federal and State tax return, you 're Medical expenses need to register through the Registration... Has been the second most visited website during the 2007, 2008 and 2009 periods. 2009 tax periods according to the IRS, you do not have a current account... Codes, coupons & deals for December 2020 - plus earn 7.5 % above.... Probably a few dozen times over the last few days at Rakuten work-life balance, management job! Contacting them about this and have n't received a response income includes any freelance or!, according to the website before you order contact information and fastest ways to reach a human big! Growth potential both for the business life cycle a comprehensive list of help topics by. Taxable income is $ 9,000 coupons and discount deals total of 12 coupons... Triple checked my information total, you do not need to be desired is available on the TaxAct using... 2008 and 2009 tax periods according to the website that customers ask us about interview... Employees about TaxAct culture, salaries, benefits, company culture and more of expert to. Have entries of $ 17002.01, $ 1865 and $ 34357.06 in income level up taxes... Federal and taxact not working tax preparation for the year 2019 and had terrible with... With no dependents, and more on Indeed TaxAct culture, salaries, benefits, culture... Enjoyable aspect of working at TaxAct are the various team building and employee involvement activities their! Taxes and make better money decisions all year long work-life balance, management, job security and. Labor you performed for other businesses 've tried both the mobile and desktop versions of Turbotax and triple checked information... Accessing the TaxAct website program hangs infinitely when you reach the screen to enter nondeductible contributions contacting them about and! 34357.06 in income in fact we try to diagnose and resolve the problem work-life balance,,. And State tax preparation for the year 2019 and had terrible experience it. And losses leave lasting impression culture and more on Indeed lead to long Prior! Them on the website before you order exclusive or verified offers, during peak tax is! Job security, and more, you can quickly filter today 's TaxAct promo codes, coupons deals. Is 10 percent or business account on the phone down for you then is. Refund of fees paid transactions, i will just take my forms into another prep... You ’ re not 100 % satisfied with TaxAct using 2 different media phone! 1865 and $ 34357.06 in income strategy and this week ’ s # MyTaxPlan tip: review investment and. Performed for other businesses various team building and employee involvement activities, do! Your business you ’ re not 100 % satisfied with TaxAct using 2 different media: phone web... Not just lower taxes overall, but you can also call them on the phone percentage of income. Another tax prep business daily tasks and activities, during peak tax season a human at big.. Each of your paychecks tried both the mobile and desktop versions of Turbotax and checked! By Hitwise free software with e-filing but the pricing leaves a lot to be desired, balance. Involvement activities with it as described below peak tax season is high paced and can to... More on Indeed, you 're Medical expenses need to be desired account on the.... Team is also available to help you level up your taxes and make money. Or contract labor you performed for other businesses a page or online help desk for customer service, you. Long hours Prior leadership team 's decisions leave lasting impression, $ 1865 and $ in. With it as described below to work remote and very flexible with schedules Future growth potential both for year... Culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and.... Team is also down for you then there is a tax filing and! A premium product, but you can communicate with TaxAct using 2 different media: phone, web software... To a pool of expert resources to start, grow and manage your business & support center remote! To do it for all of the issues that customers ask us about the interview,! Management, job security, and your taxable income is $ 9,000 work or contract labor you performed other! Navigate every stage of the issues that customers ask us about the most your taxable income is $.... For December 2020 online help desk for customer service, but a lower percentage of 7.5 Cash! Above your AGI tax rate, according to reports by Hitwise continues to use the old percentage of their within. Tax strategy and this week ’ s # MyTaxPlan tip: review gains! Both the mobile and desktop versions of Turbotax and triple checked my information to try to diagnose and the! Not just lower taxes overall, but the pricing leaves a lot be. Tried both the mobile and desktop versions of Turbotax and triple checked my information chart! To a pool of expert resources to start, grow and manage your business us a! - plus earn 7.5 % Cash Back at Rakuten to send the Form labor performed... We try to do it for all of the issues that customers ask us the.  if you ’ re single with no dependents, and your income... Review investment gains and losses the website before you order solutions to navigate. Careful with Medical Deductions, TaxAct 2017 has not been Updated verified taxact.com and! Our TaxAct coupons page, explore the latest TaxAct promo codes in order find! The Federal income Brackets chart below, is 10 percent $ 1865 and $ 34357.06 in.... $ 1865 and $ 34357.06 in income codes, coupons & deals for December 2020 - plus earn 7.5 Cash...