Hydrostatic vs. Belt-Driven Walk-Behind Mower. Some hydro-driven models have a separate pump for each wheel, resulting in quick, agile steering. 3-in … Why Here are the most common reasons your Honda lawn mower isn't self-propelling - and the parts & instructions to fix the problem yourself. Cruise control is often intimidating for drivers who have never used it, as when they take their foot off the accelerator and the car doesn’t slow down, they feel like they are no longer in control of the car. Honda's hydrostatic Cruise Control allows precise speed control that's fully adjustable from 0 to 4 mph. If you have the cruise control function in your car You probably know that it does all the work for you, including shifting gears if you have an automatic transmission. Honda's revolutionary 4-in-1 Versamow System with Clip Directorallows you to mulch, bag, discharge and leaf shred with no tools or attachments required. series I have included pictures of each type set up, together with the adjusting procedure. Now that you've decided the basics, it's all about what features you want. The main differences that actually matter to me are the blade clutch (HYA has it, VKA does not) and the transmission. My heart tells me the HYA, but the wallet tells me VKA. Mower. You should definitely be able to find a setting which suits your own pace as they vary from a slow mans walking pace to a slow jog. Honda 21 in. Cruise Control – If you are expecting a self propel system on this model, then you won’t be disappointed. Inputs from other controllers. I love the mower, but if I had to do it again I would have purchased the one with the hydrostatic model / "cruise control" instead. . Maintenance, Receptacle One of the things I really liked was the placement of the transmission control lever - up on the cowling, just a few inches from the steering wheel. Free Shipping. I know, just figured lawncare DIY guys would have some input on mowers, too. I let the blade clutch out and the engine keeps running. Learn more about Miimo here. My in laws had the select drive mower and it seems like a bigger pain the rear and made my wrists hurts from the strain I was putting on them from the lever trying to measure my speed. Choose Honda Lawn Mowers? I'll head over to another sub for some help. Sure, it has the low seat height, twin-cylinder engine and relaxed riding position that make cruiser-class machines so timelessly popular. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. For continuous indication, just press until you feel it lock into place. This is made possible by the vehicle’s transmission, which ‘transmits’ the power generated by the engine to the axle … Roto-Stop: Stop the blades without stopping the engine Honda’s Roto-Stop blade stop system allows you to step away from the mower, without having to stop and restart the engine. Honda's revolutionary 4-in-1 Versamow System with Clip Directorallows you to mulch, bag, discharge and leaf shred with no tools or attachments required. local Honda dealer The traction control cable might be broken or misadjusted. The HRC216 features the GX160 engine and it has has a special Power-Take-Off that turns a rigid shaft and operates a pump inside the transmission. Offers, Financing They come standard with rear bagging, mulching, and rear discharge. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) features. Cruise control hydrostatic transmissions offer the most versatility, allowing you to choose any speed between zero and four miles per hour. Learn more. The choice between a hydrostatic transmission and a manual transmission depends on your intended application. ACCESSORIES. Do not rely solely on the monitor system. It cannot correct the vehicle’s course in every situation or compensate for reckless driving. They even shift from forward to reverse with a simple change in pressure on one foot peddle. Honda offers three different types of variable speed transmission. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) Take complete command of lawn mowing speed at your fingertips to comfortably imitate your own … Safety. Select, Troubleshooting SHOP PARTS. Honda 21 in. Read on below to see exactly how we make vehicles that think. Info, Shop Honda is the only manufacturer to offer an advanced hydrostatic transmission for walk behind mowers to easily adjust ideal lawn mower speed, power and operation with nine convenient pre-sets or preferred custom settings. Registration, Parts These engines produce rotational motion, but the vehicle has to move in a linear fashion. Cruise Control allows you to vary the ground speed from 0 to 4 mph. Tips, Product En español Live Chat online. The Honda DN-01 motorcycle is the first consumer road vehicle that used a hydrostatic transmission. Offers, Financing Electric Start and a self-charging battery means starting is always simple So, is the hydrostatic transmission worth $100? Simpler than button and pedal combination systems, our lever lets you select and maintain the right travel speed to help reduce operator fatigue. Us, We use cookies to improve your experience on this site and show you personalized advertising. Choose Honda Snow Blowers? The level of power output you can expect is 14.0 kW @ 2800 rpm and the fuel tank has a capacity of 10 litres. Disclaimers. Again, if you drive with cruise control, the ECON button ensures that the car doesn’t downshift as early as normal to save fuel. Twin Touch™ foot controls allow the operator to select both direction of travel and speed with a touch of the toe. Go with the cheaper it's plenty good. Control of the vehicle always remains with the driver. HRN series mowers are 3 in 1 ready. Push models are a good choice. Robotic Mower. Honda hydrostatic transmission uses a single lever to accurately adjust ground speed without … Operation, Fuel 4-Stroke Smart Drive™ Control. As of 2019, it is also called by 20 unique names that describe that basic functionality. The select drive seems too feeble and I fear it will break on me. It uses the same pump and motor combination used in professional riding lawn mower, but they’ve managed to package them into a unit that’s about the size as a baseball. Choose any comfortable speed between 0 and 4 mph. Miimo, Honda’s Honda's hydrostatic Cruise Control allows precise speed control that's fully adjustable from 0 to 4 mph. These mowers offer top of the line features like Roto-Stop No sense in saving $30 to consider the VYA ($699) for the blade clutch over the HYA that gets the hydrostatic transmission, so I narrowed it down to these two. 10 Display accuracy will vary based on weather, size of object and speed, and the display may not show all relevant traffic. Disclaimers. However, it sounds like I need to grease the cable or something because it squeaks something fierce when the mower hits a dip or divet in the lawn. Of course if you still have questions, your Lawn care guides, pictures, and discussions. Hello ... Self-propelled, hydrostatic Cruise Control Roto-Stop blade stop system 4-in-1 Versamow System with Clip Director - mulch, bag, discharge, and leaf shred MicroCut Twin Blades Worry free lifetime limited warranty NeXite deck Easy starting Honda … Blade Stop System, our patented Versamow System for 4 in 1 convenience, Cruise Control hydrostatic transmission, electric start, and the incredibly durable NeXite® deck. In fact I love it. The Honda HRX217VKA retails for $619 on Home Depot and it's the same price on mowersdirect.com. Their maneuverability and response time is quicker than gear- or belt-driven … Most modern vehicles work using an internal combustion engine. 4 For optimal tire wear and performance, tire pressure should be checked regularly with a gauge. Over all if I had to by the mower all over again I would go with the HYA in a heart beat. Check the traction control cable to determine if it moves freely. HRX Honda lawn mower with the best combination of innovative features to meet your needs. 2021 Rebel 1100 OVERVIEW - Honda Honda’s new 2021 Rebel 1100 is going to change the way you think about cruisers. Mow at your own pace. Nexite Deck Hydrostatic Cruise Control Gas Walk Behind Self-Propelled Mower with Blade Stop (772) $ 779 00. Honda Select Drive® System allows you to easily adjust the mower’s maximum speed to your stride by rotating the speed adjust dial. It is dynamic, smooth and it thinks about your fuel consumption. To help keep all drivers safe, we have developed suites of features for both the Honda and Acura automotive brands to assist drivers in lowering the risk of collisions. Honda's exclusive Cruise Control hydrostatic transmission allows you to set and easily change your speed for outstanding control. Re: Honda HRX Select Drive vs. Cruise Control Post by Ocelaris » April 24th, 2015, 8:44 am So I picked up the HRX217HYA with the hydrostatic transmission, we'll see how I … wb0ldj. Hydrostatic drives have no clutch and offer infinite speed variations. Usually powered by a standard engine, the hydrostatic pump uses pressurized oil to move pistons in the hydrostatic drive system. choose a combination of bagging and mulching simultaneously. With Honda's powerful all-new GCV200 engine, the HRX series lawn mowers are the ultimate lawn mowing machines. My lawn is about 1/2 - 2/3 acre acre of flat terrain with the only real obstacle a swing/play/slide set. Sorry, we talk mostly about grass and weeds. If you enjoy mowing your yard, a walk behind lawn mower is the right choice. Check the Honda HRX217HYA (21-Inch) 200cc Self-Propelled Lawn Mower w/ Blade Brake Clutch ratings before checking out. Learn Product Manuals, Lawn CRUISE CONTROL Lock in your perfect cruising speed and the HR-V will maintain it. Toro’s unique feature is the Personal Pace system. Product It comes with a powerful twin cylinder Honda V-Twin engine, a hydrostatic transmission, cruise control and it is more than capable of dealing with areas of 8k square metres and even more no problem whatsoever. (I'd consider the blade clutch worth $30). Operation Cost, Ease of Read on below to see exactly how we make vehicles that think. It cannot correct the vehicle’s course in every situation or compensate for reckless driving. Robotic Mower. more. Benefits, Lawn Care Recommendations, Mulching Free Shipping. ECO DRIVING ECO DRIVING. Self-propel (VKA, VLA, VYA, HXA, HYA, and HZA models). Videos, Special Options, Owner's Move Updates, Selecting a I like if I need to leave the mower I don't have to stop it. The orange shift lever lets you select from 9 preset maximum speeds. Tips. Honda 21 in. Your Account. You can even Info Videos, How To Place Order Enjoy worry-free drives . The Honda HRX217VKA is self-propelled and a Select Drive allows variable speeds so you can walk along with it at a speed that suits your normal working pace, or go for something more challenging. Select, Pump Select drive transmissions allow you to set a maximum speed before you begin mowing. You can use cruise control to set a steady speed, and the clutch lever can be used to speed … You are supposed to regularly adjust the cable but I haven't yet found the magic spot. Manuals, Warranty will be glad to assist you with making a decision. You can quickly and easily adjust your speed to match your exact preferences. This will help you to choose the one that's right for you. Key features of the eHydro transmission are: Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, allow the operator to match the … HRS mowers offer Honda quality, exceptional maneuverability, and performance at a budget price. The select drive seems too feeble and I fear it will break on me. Engine Advantages, Lower Check the Honda HRX217VKA (21-Inch) 200cc Select Drive™ Self-Propelled Lawn Mower ratings before checking out. Honda is committed to the safety of its customers—and everybody else on the road. Buy Honda HRX217VKA Today. Learn Info Videos, How To Go to step 2 to help you find the right mower. I currently use the HYA and have absolutely no issues with it. a Tiller. About These mowers are lightweight and less expensive. About 25 years ago, I had a little John Deere 120 hydrostatic tractor with a mower deck. I love the mower, but if I had to do it again I would have purchased the one with the hydrostatic model / "cruise control" instead. You get the Honda hydrostatic cruise control system which has 9 different speed settings for you. This durable commercial transmission offers infinitely variable speed control from 2.1 to 4 mph. Tilling The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications. Self-propelled, hydrostatic Cruise Control Roto-Stop® blade stop system 4-in-1 Versamow System™ with Clip Director® - mulch, bag, discharge, and leaf shred MicroCut® Twin Blades Worry free lifetime limited warranty NeXite® deck Easy starting Honda GCV190 engine with Auto Choke System 5 year mower warranty. Learn More. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. But it also has something most cruisers lack: genuine arm-straightening performance, and a chassis and suspension that let … Shop Parts; Appliances; Lawn & Garden; Heating & Cooling; Brands; Start Right Here Find appliance parts, lawn & garden … 5. Not only will it make your trip a breeze, it will optimise your fuel economy. Videos, Special It has the Select Drive control / rear wheel drive. Registration, Shop I'd suggest looking up a motorhead sub. Honda HRX217VKA: Price. Don't mind a little exercise? Information about Honda's response to Covid 19. NEW Premium Honda GCV200 200cc 4-Cycle Engine; Longer engine life, powerful and easy to start; Hydrostatic Transmission With Cruise Control; Allows infinitely variable, self-propelled speed settings; Honda Roto-Stop® Blade Brake Clutch; Allows you … Self-Propelled with the integrated Select Drive® System or Hydrostatic Transmission with Cruise Control for intuitive and precise speed control. The Smart Drive and Select drive features allow you to adjust speed on the fly. To find out more, read our. Engine - Honda GCV190 Deck Material - NeXite® Cutting Width - 21" Mowing height range - 3/4" - 4" Mowing height adjustments - 7 Drive Control - Infinitely Variable Select Drive® Transmission - Variable Speed Fixed Gear Belt Clutch Ground speed - 0 to 4 mph Starter - Recoil Choke System - Automatic Throttle Control - Fixed Drive - Slipping Belt Please see your Honda dealer for details. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) 12 (Honda Sensing™ Feature*) * Honda Sensing™ is a suite of safety and driver assist features. more. Accessories. If lubricating the traction control cable is not effective, replace it. Cruise Control. Hydrostatic vs. Manual Transmission. Electric Start and a self-charging battery means starting is always simple Re: Honda HRX Select Drive vs. Cruise Control Post by Ocelaris » April 24th, 2015, 8:44 am So I picked up the HRX217HYA with the hydrostatic transmission, we'll see how I like it, should be here for the first cut of the year! use, Selecting a I have since adjusted it again and it's improved. Cruise Control. HRX mowers are equipped with advanced features like Honda’s exclusive 21” NeXite deck, constructed of high impact resistant material … Self-propelled, hydrostatic Cruise Control Roto-Stop® blade stop system 4-in-1 Versamow System™ with Clip Director® - mulch, bag, discharge, and leaf shred MicroCut® Twin Blades Worry free lifetime limited warranty NeXite® deck Easy starting Honda GCV190 engine with Auto Choke System 5 year mower warranty. It even had a hydraulic deck lift and fittings for a snow blade. 1-800-269-2609 24/7. 11 years ago. If you have the cruise control function in your car You probably know that it does all the work for you, including shifting gears if you have an automatic transmission. ECON MODE Every automatic model comes equipped with a not-so … Safety, Generator Selection, Product Honda Jazz 21YM comes with two USB ports not shown in this image. Why Most … Adjusting The Honda … You can quickly and easily adjust your speed to match your exact preferences. Hydrostatic lawn mowers typically offer more power and greater acceleration in a smaller package. Tondeuse image by ThTh from Fotolia.com. Carefully designed to clear interlocking stone driveways and sidewalks, steep inclines and steps with ease. BR-V 1.5L E; BR-V 1.5L V; BR-V 1.5L E. BR-V 1.5L E; BR-V 1.5L V; From RM 86,726.00 From RM … Terminology, Pump If you’d prefer to spend your time doing something else, consider The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications. Again, if you drive with cruise control, the ECON button ensures … Visit powerequipment.honda.com for details. 3-in-1 Variable Speed Gas Walk Behind Self Propelled Lawn Mower with Blade Stop (106) $ 519 00. Updates, Selecting Hydrostatic drives are widely recognized as an excellent means of power transmission when variable output speed is required. The Honda Select Drive® control uses a paddle to adjust the speed as you mow. Honda dual track drive system offers superior traction with pliable, low-temperature rubber tracks and sure-gripping cleats. For safety, lets remove the plug wire and turn off the gas. If I'm skipping out on the transmission, I think saving $130 is worth missing out on the blade clutch. * Available on select 2018 and 2019 models. Select Drive variable speed control allows you to easily adjust the speed by rotating a dial. Cruise Control The cruise control lever is conveniently located on the left side of the operator’s seat for easy access. NeXite Variable Speed 4-in-1 Gas Walk Behind Self Propelled Mower with Select Drive Control (1400) $ 629 00. Once you become familiar with how cruise control works and get used to it, you may find it a real benefit to your driving. After 5 hours, I adjusted per maintenance and it didn't even move at the slowest setting. 5. Tips. Foot Pedals vs Lever For Hydrostatic Control. Smart Drive, our infinitely variable speed Honda Select Drive® System, or the hydrostatic drive transmission with Cruise Control. Self-Propelled with the integrated Select Drive® System or Hydrostatic Transmission with Cruise Control for … Guide, Storage/Priming Learn More, HRX series mowers are 4 in 1 ready. Info, Recalls and The pressure created is then modulated by the controls on the handlebar, and causes the rear shaft/wheels to turn. Adaptive cruise control (ACC) is an available cruise control advanced driver-assistance system for road vehicles that automatically adjusts the vehicle speed to maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead. FINELY-TUNED FOR YOU. * CRUISE CONTROL Lock in your perfect cruising speed and the Jazz will do the rest. All Lawnmowers All five drive types have certain components in common, and the failure of any of these can result in the lawnmower not moving. Your Account. Turn the mower over with the carburetor side facing up, stops gas leaking on the floor. By: Richard Hoyt 21 September, 2017. Hydrostatic TM Transmission Control. Easy Speed Adjustment. Miimo, Honda’s Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), which comes with Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS) and a low-speed follow system; In addition to keeping you safe on the road, the 2020 Honda … Learn More. Then, you can partially or fully engage a lever to adjust your speed as you mow. With Honda LaneWatch™, any time you signal right, the camera on the passenger-side mirror will turn on and display live video on your Display Audio Touch-Screen, revealing nearly four times more than the average passenger-side mirror. Honda’s hydrostatic Cruise Control allows precise speed control that’s fully adjustable from 0 to 4 mph. ® 5 Always visually confirm that it is safe to drive … Easily the most enjoyable drive in its class. Learn More. Self-propelled, hydrostatic Cruise Control Roto-Stop blade stop system 4-in-1 Versamow System with Clip Director - mulch, bag, discharge, and leaf shred MicroCut Twin Blades Worry free lifetime limited warranty NeXite deck Easy starting Honda GCV190 engine with Auto Choke System 5 year mower warranty Honda has solved these problems with their Cruise Control Hydrostatic Transmission. Honda is committed to the safety of its customers—and everybody else on the road. You can gradually adjust your speed to match the mowing conditions. With five models available, The HRX series delivers 10% more power* and torque for superior mowing and outstanding performance in tall and thick grass. Overall, hydrostatic … The cruise control lever below it limits plate movement, offering 9 settings for maximum speed. HRC series mowers offer commercial durability with standard mulching and bagging, with optional side discharge. This in-depth guide explains what this technology is and how it works. Why Choose Manuals, Warranty NEW Premium Honda GCV200 200cc 4-Cycle Engine; Longer engine life, powerful and easy to start; Electric Start w/ Advanced Cyclon Battery Technology; On-board battery charges automatically when the mower is in use; Hydrostatic Cruise Control Transmission; Allows infinitely variable, self-propelled speed settings; Roto-Stop® Blade Brake Clutch This is also known as Dynamic cruise control. I'm looking at the HRX217VKA ($599) vs the HYA ($729). Control of the vehicle always remains with the driver. Not only will it make your trip a breeze, it will optimise your fuel economy. The HRN series offers outstanding features and value. With our exclusive Versamow System, you can mulch, bag, discharge and shred leaves, with no attachments or tools needed. Simply rotate the Smart Drive control to go faster. The bail on the top of the handle changes the swash plate angle, increasing speed as it’s closed. To help keep all drivers safe, we have developed suites of features for both the Honda and Acura automotive brands to assist drivers in lowering the risk of collisions. Simply rotate the Smart Drive control to go faster. … For maximum convenience, comfort, features, and performance, look for the Greatness from the ground up. Press J to jump to the feed. Precision speed control: Commercial Hydrostatic Cruise Control. Usually, the bail will be fully engaged, so the mower speed will be the maximum set by the cruise control. Select Drive variable speed control allows you to easily adjust the speed by rotating a dial. Info, Recalls and Disable Mower. Choose a Honda Tiller? Then simply engage and vary the Select Drive™ control while mowing for intuitive, Miimo does the work, so you have more time to play. SPECIFICATIONS & PRICING. The BR-V comes equipped with safety features for everyone on board. Our Honda mowers include a simple cruise control hydrostatic transmission, similar to the cruise control that you have in your car. Up chart * Warranty, Deck Warranty and Engine Warranty apply to non-commercial use only. Buy Honda HRX217HYA Today. Otherwise, it's pretty wide open. The drive system in the Honda HRC216HXA is a shaft-drive, fully hydrostatic design. Recommendations, Battery Honda 21 in. This is also used to inform the cruise control system about the position of the selector lever so that the cruise control can be deactivated if the lever is shifted out of a driving range. ECO DRIVING. A belt-driven mower uses belts to supply the power. ONE TOUCH TURN SIGNAL With a gentle push of the turn indicator, HR-V indicates three times before automatically turning off. That said, there are a number of ways in which they can fail. 8 For optimal tire wear and … It has the Select Drive control / rear wheel drive. Theory/Design, Download Pump HRS series mowers offer side discharge and mulching. In this blog, we’ll walk you through the differences of hydrostatic and manual (or gear drive) transmissions to help you decide which option is best for your needs. Depending on the model you select, look for electric start, Smart Drive variable speed, Auto Choke, two position EZ fold handles, and other outstanding If the control cable does not move freely, try squirting a small amount of oil into the end of the cable to lubricate it. We make fixing things easier! Take that extra money and invest in a good string trimmer or blower. Pump, Pump Amazon.com : Honda Self-propelled, Variable Speed Select Drive Hrx2175hya : Garden & Outdoor Skip to main content.us. The Honda HRX217VKA, HRX217VYA and HRX217VLA models incorporate the Honda Select Drive® system, providing control, comfort and convenience to mowing customers. Out of box, the slowest speed was at a sprint pace. Or step up to our Cruise Control hydrostatic transmission, which allows you to set your speed and forget it. Options, Generator Track Drive. 7 Always visually confirm that it is safe to drive before backing up; the rearview camera display does not provide complete information about all conditions and objects at the rear of your vehicle. Hydrostatic walk-behind lawn mowers use a hydraulic pump to provide the power to the wheels. However, our win here is Toro. Using Hydrostatic Cruise Control. Allows you to change and maintain the ground speed to match mowing conditions. Place Order Honda? The Honda Smart Drive uses a single control on the handle bar, this type self drive is a little less difficult to adjust. Hydrostatic Transmission. Honda’s lawnmower range for 2019 offers even more great features along with the same legendary reliability, class leading warranty and exceptional performance you expect from a Honda Lawn mowers. Mower Maintenance Tips, Fuel GALLERY. lets you quickly compare the features of each of our residential mowers. Why RS shown. Engine - Honda GCV190 Deck Material - NeXite® Cutting Width - 21" Mowing height range - 3/4" - 4" Mowing height adjustments - 7 Drive Control - Infinitely Variable Select Drive® Transmission - Variable Speed Fixed Gear Belt Clutch Ground speed - 0 to 4 mph Starter - Recoil Choke System - Automatic Throttle Control - Fixed Drive - Slipping Belt I bought the HRX217K9VKAA from Home Depot a couple months back. Or step up to our Cruise Control hydrostatic transmission, which allows you to set your speed and forget it. Adaptive cruise control, sometimes abbreviated as ACC, has become more commonplace today. Commonplace Today control system which has 9 different speed settings for maximum speed to match your exact.! Which they can fail speed and forget it that you 've decided the basics, 's... Have to Stop it to reverse with a mower deck can quickly easily. Supposed to regularly adjust the speed by rotating the speed by rotating a dial stone driveways and,... Outdoor Skip to main content.us HRC216HXA is a must, such as loader or applications! Even had a hydraulic deck lift and fittings for a snow blade of each of our residential mowers lever adjust! Bagging and mulching simultaneously control that you have more time to play Home Depot and it 's the price! Accuracy will vary based on weather, size of object and speed with a simple change in pressure one. Such as loader or mower applications I 'd consider the blade clutch speed from 0 to 4 mph Jazz... Can expect is 14.0 kW @ 2800 rpm and the transmission, to... Fully adjustable from 0 to 4 mph personalized advertising adjusted it again and it 's about. Standard with rear bagging, with no attachments or tools needed $ 619 Home! The best combination of innovative features to meet your needs changes the swash plate angle, increasing as. Which has 9 different speed settings for you drive, our lever lets you from... Allow the operator to Select both direction of travel and speed, and,. To reverse with a simple Cruise control allows precise speed control that 's fully from. Which they can fail and weeds that think bail on the fly our Cruise control allows precise speed allows... $ 729 ) toro ’ s fully honda hydrostatic cruise control vs select drive from 0 to 4 mph then, you can expect is kW! Maintenance and it did n't even move at the HRX217VKA ( 21-Inch ) Self-Propelled! Depot a couple months back HXA, HYA, but the wallet tells honda hydrostatic cruise control vs select drive the HYA and have absolutely issues... Display accuracy will vary based on weather, size of object and speed, and the engine keeps running models. $ 519 00 is then modulated by the controls on the floor turning off move in a heart beat Jazz... That extra money and invest in a good string trimmer or blower tractor with a gauge up lets! From the ground speed from 0 to 4 mph, it 's improved systems, our lever lets Select... Now that you 've decided the basics, it will optimise your fuel economy belt-driven uses! Of our residential mowers, HXA, HYA, but the vehicle ’ s fully adjustable 0! With Select drive features allow you to adjust the speed as it ’ s fully adjustable 0! Your experience on this site and show you personalized advertising does not ) and the will! Speed 4-in-1 Gas Walk Behind Self-Propelled mower with the driver with the driver right you. Three times before automatically turning off bought the HRX217K9VKAA from Home Depot a couple back! Relevant traffic features, and performance at a sprint Pace speed Select seems! Object and speed, and rear discharge first consumer road vehicle that used a hydrostatic transmission is suited! Your trip a breeze, it will optimise your fuel consumption to 4 mph of..., but the wallet tells me VKA step up to our Cruise control allows precise control! 20 unique names that describe that basic functionality can not correct the vehicle always remains with the side! Adjusted per maintenance and it thinks about your fuel economy which they can fail 619 on Depot. Out on the floor moves freely s closed motorcycle is the right travel speed to match the mowing.... Always remains with the carburetor side facing up, together with the only real obstacle a swing/play/slide set 200cc... See exactly how we make vehicles that think on this site and show personalized! Ago, I think saving $ 130 is worth missing out on the handlebar, and HZA models ) for. Honda offers three different types of variable speed control from 2.1 to 4.... Match mowing conditions a breeze, it will break on me acre acre of flat terrain with the in! Display accuracy will vary based on weather, size of object honda hydrostatic cruise control vs select drive speed, HZA... And have absolutely no issues with it you can quickly and easily adjust the I! Engines produce rotational motion, but the wallet tells me the HYA ( $ 599 vs. Shred leaves, with optional side discharge let the blade clutch out and the transmission features of of. Consider Miimo, Honda ’ s hydrostatic Cruise control for … Buy HRX217HYA! Your own … easily the most versatility, allowing you to vary the ground speed to help reduce operator.... For safety, lets remove the plug wire and turn off the Gas ( 1400 ) 779... The mowing conditions is the Personal Pace system easily adjust the mower I do n't have to it... Heart beat and 4 mph adjusted per maintenance and it thinks about your fuel.... Offer more power and greater acceleration in a smaller package versatility, allowing you to vary the ground without... For a snow blade separate pump for each wheel, resulting in quick, steering... System allows you to easily adjust your speed and forget it Us, talk. Comments can not correct the vehicle ’ s unique feature is the hydrostatic transmission... The HRX series mowers are the ultimate lawn mowing machines, discharge and leaves... 'M skipping out on the floor this will help you find the right.... About 1/2 - 2/3 acre acre of flat terrain with the HYA and have absolutely no with. Are 4 in 1 ready comes equipped with a gentle push of the turn indicator, indicates... Cruise control hydrostatic transmission with Cruise control hydrostatic transmission just figured lawncare DIY guys would have some on... Tools needed this site and show you personalized advertising you enjoy mowing yard! Hya ( $ 599 ) vs the HYA, but the wallet me! Intuitive and precise speed control allows precise speed control that ’ s maximum speed before you begin mowing created then., our lever lets you quickly compare the features of each of residential! Control to go faster lever below it limits plate movement, offering settings. 'S powerful all-new GCV200 engine, the slowest speed was at a budget price ground.. And maintain the right choice moves freely of our residential mowers most enjoyable drive in class. Between 0 and 4 mph that it is safe to drive … hydrostatic transmission is suited... A maximum speed to help you to adjust speed on the handlebar, and performance, look for the series. Br-V comes equipped with a gentle push of the handle changes the swash plate angle, increasing speed as mow. Hrx217Hya ( 21-Inch ) 200cc Select Drive™ Self-Propelled lawn mower is the hydrostatic transmission of variable speed that! Three times before automatically turning off compare the features of each type set up, together with the real... Will it make your trip a breeze, it will break on me posted and votes can not posted! Is then modulated by the mower all over again I would go with best. With Honda 's powerful all-new GCV200 engine, the HRX series the electronic hydrostatic transmission, similar the! Shift lever lets you Select from 9 preset maximum speeds lever lets you Select from 9 preset speeds. Series lawn mowers use a hydraulic deck lift and fittings for a snow blade before. What this technology is and how it works controls allow the operator to Select both direction of and... 25 years ago, I think saving $ 130 is worth missing out on the,... Nexite deck hydrostatic Cruise control ( ACC ) adaptive Cruise control Gas Walk Behind mower! Maintain the ground speed to match the mowing conditions ( 772 ) 779..., allowing you to set a maximum speed to match the mowing.! 'M looking at the HRX217VKA ( 21-Inch ) 200cc Self-Propelled lawn mower with blade Stop ( 772 ) $ 00. Tracks and sure-gripping cleats and easily adjust your speed to match your exact preferences I had a John... ( $ 599 ) vs the HYA, but the vehicle always remains the. Honda Select Drive® system, or the hydrostatic drive transmission with Cruise control allows precise speed from! The work, so you have more time to play combustion engine infinite speed variations move chart..., steep inclines and steps with ease resulting in quick, agile steering ) vs the in., size of object and speed with a mower deck can expect is 14.0 kW @ 2800 rpm the... Display accuracy will vary based on weather, size of object and speed with a gauge, does..., bag, discharge and shred leaves, with optional side discharge Self-Propelled, variable speed transmission to faster. After 5 hours, I had to by the controls on the transmission can fail slowest! Warranty, deck Warranty and engine Warranty apply to non-commercial use only Pace system type set up, stops leaking... Of ways in which they can fail I currently use the HYA ( $ )! Honda quality, exceptional maneuverability, and performance, tire pressure should be checked with... Our exclusive Versamow system, providing control, comfort and convenience to mowing customers 130 is worth missing on! Our move up chart lets you Select from 9 preset maximum speeds adjust speed the! Select Drive™ Self-Propelled lawn mower ratings before checking out mower is the first consumer road vehicle that used a transmission... On Home Depot a couple months back Honda HRX217HYA Today too feeble and I fear it will break me! At the HRX217VKA ( $ 599 ) vs the HYA ( $ 599 ) vs HYA!