Seriously, perfectly roasted meats & poultry every single time! ~John Besh, You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients. German Chocolate Cake. Welcome to some good ole, down home southern cooking. Even my husband, who typically does not like chocolate, said it was great. Leipzig Larks A pastry from Saxony made with a short crust, almonds, brandy and apricot jam, originally shaped like birds to satisfy the Saxon appetite for small fowl. DISCLAIMER: This is a recipe site intended for entertainment. Your baking best friend! I would like to make it for him for his birthday, does anyone have a recipe for an old fashioned german chocolate cake that they could please share. I just fire up the stove, and things start to fade away. As an Amazon Associate, Deep South Dish earns from qualifying purchases. Old fashion German Chocolate Cake, from scratch, is the all time favorite of Mz. Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mats. How to make Old Fashioned German Chocolate Sheet Cake: Step 1. Lightly grease 3 (9-inch) round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper, and lightly grease paper. Step 2. One of my favorite kitchen tools, I use this handheld vacuum sealer everyday for deli meats, cheeses, veggies and more! A classic, homemade German chocolate cake, except instead of spreading the traditional coconut pecan frosting all over the cake, I've added a new twist of chocolate ganache. Set … German carrot cake with chocolate frosting, a 19th century specialty made with carrots, almonds, rum and cinnamon. Some Food that Elvis Presley Would (Probably) Love... Mardi Gras King Cake with Pecan Praline Filling. Tried this recipe this weekend and I have no doubt this is the recipe I’ll be using for every birthday in the future. Step 2 Microwave chocolate baking bars and 1/2 cup … (ad), Classic German Chocolate Cake ... with a Slight Twist. I just made the cake, and it's been a very long time since I made a scratch cake. I made your German Chocolate Cake recipe for my father-in-law’s birthday, after finding out it was his favorite type of cake. ~Ninny Threadgoode. German Chocolate Cake Recipe. Pull up a chair, grab some iced tea, and, Instant Pot Green Beans, Potatoes and Andouille. German chocolate cake is an old-fashioned classic recipe. Stir in 4 egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Place the baker’s chocolate and water into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat at 30-second intervals until completely melted. You can also try our strawberry shortcake delight! This old fashioned Hershey’s chocolate cake recipe is smooth in texture, melts in the mouth instantly, and an excellent dessert to satisfy your sweet buds! I’ve had many requests for this German Chocolate Cake … A cake recipe I’ve been putting together since I was a teen. It’s a must-try, moist and decadent cake for the chocolate lovers! SHARE ME ON ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA:If you want more Saturday Meals, and watch the full duration of vid Please.Follow Me At:Twitter: https://goo.gl/4EGycLInstagram: https://goo.gl/DN8MF0Facebook: https://goo.gl/SlbtREWebsite: https://goo.gl/Ypw3yCheck Out My Latest Video'sPizza Dough: https://youtu.be/vxP_dsxXx9Uhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx1imB8HkJ4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhGTwXSqaohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zy0M7gdoXgCheck Out My Gadgets: Eurocast Professional Cookware: http://amzn.to/2fZDnNYDough Press Set :http://amzn.to/2vTmvhqpastry brush; http://amzn.to/2x7nwB9Please Check Out \u0026 Subscribe:Mayhembeauty: https://goo.gl/vRHTbEYouTube Online Course: https://goo.gl/w7MJsRInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/mayhembeautyinc/?hl=enPlease Check Out \u0026 Subscribe to these channels:Carli Wells: (Cooking With Herbs)https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHSB_o7hAP7o6YCWhR3z-2wCheck Out my YouTube Son:HookedUpEntertainment: https://goo.gl/zHDsCECheck Out Lila Arce:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-wupgxkNZKl_0NKGe4M3fwCheck Out: Jocelyn Williams (Life Coach)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOf5IUS6OG0Check Out Lila Arce:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-wupgxkNZKl_0NKGe4M3fwWant to send me mail: 1305 Krameria St, #120Denver, Colorado 80220 Here I will show you how to make it,Just make your cake batter up and put them into a round cake pan or 13 x 9 pan, bake on 350 degree oven for about 45 min, let them cool. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of softened margarine with 2 cups of sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Ever since I was a little kid standing on a vintage red stool in my grandma’s kitchen helping her bake cookies from her vintage cookbook , baking has been one of my favorite things to do. I love it! Carli Wells, I have to make this cake every year all most in the end of the year.This homemade German chocolate cake recipe is so so easy to make and it freeze very well. In a small saucepan, heat over medium heat evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, margarine to a boil. No more searching for recipes, this is it. Beat in 1 … Old fashion German Chocolate Cake, from scratch, is the all time favorite of Mz. This was my first experience making a German Chocolate Cake from scratch. When my dad was a little boy, his grandmother would make him a german chocolate cake -chopping the chocolate and everything- completely from scratch. Give me a shoulder or a piece of chuck, and I'll give you something that's really rich in flavor." Now get a sturdy circle corrugated cake sheets ,put one the cake sheet and wrap it up with plastic wrap and the same with the other, please wrap it about three times. By using this site and these recipes you agree that you do so at your own risk, that you are completely responsible for any liability associated with the use of any recipes obtained from this site, and that you fully and completely release Mary Foreman and Deep South Dish LLC and all parties associated with either entity, from any liability whatsoever from your use of this site and these recipes. (ad), With coarse salt, herbs and spices, garlic and onion, I have become a big fan of this seasoning! Healthy and Delicious High Fiber Pancakes. Love, love! ~Julia Child. I needed to add milk to the frosting recipe, maybe as much as 2-3 tablespoons to get the right consistency. 8 cup Pyrex, what I use for steeping tea bags for iced tea! Articles on this website are protected by copyright. And when you want a cake their you go, You have one. If you're a fan of air fryers like I have become, these are the absolutely perfect sprayers. ~Rick McDaniel, Food Historian, I think no matter what the occasion may be, you can never go wrong by showing up at the dinner table with a hot plate of fried chicken. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Thank you! Friends were stunned by how rich, moist, and flavorful this cake was. Cake in Oven Step Eleven: Baking German Chocolate Cake Put the cakes in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Love, love! One pull is only about 1/4 teaspoon too. Why Southerners Eat Black Eyed Peas and Greens, When I finally got an Instant Pot branded electronic pressure cooker, how could it not be this one from Pioneer Woman?! (ad), It took me a little while to get on the bandwagon with air fryers, but now I have 3 and. Stick a tooth pick in your cake after baking. Oftentimes what makes a recipe southern, is as much a state of mind as it is a matter of geography - Southerners simply decide a particular food is southern, and that's that." Do not open the oven until the cake has been in for the required time, if you do it will fall in the middle. See full disclosure for details. It is a 4 ounce … Instead, it was simply a reader submitted recipe to a local Dallas newspaper back in 1957. Stir together chopped chocolate and hot coffee in a medium microwavable bowl; microwave on HIGH until melted and smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring mixture after 30 seconds. According to my husband, this is the best German chocolate cake recipe in the whole world. 4 ounces or 1/4 pound package German’s sweet chocolate (You can get this at most groceries in the baking section. Best friends. ~Paula Deen, Cooking has always brought me a happiness that I didn`t think was available. One of my favorite kitchen tools, I use this handheld vacuum sealer everyday for deli meats, cheeses, veggies and more! Stir constantly at a boil until thickened and the color changes to light brown, approximately … The classic southern plate for supper is made up of meat and three, cornbread or rolls & a tall glass of sweet iced tea. These old-fashioned cake recipes need to make a comeback. As I remember my mom's delicious meals, this dessert was always the perfect ending. You can be thin & wrinkly, or you can have another bowl of banana pudding and fluff that stuff out! Toasted chopped pecans and chocolate curls, Hey Y’all! THANK YOU DR. SAX LOVE for the wonderful and great Jazz Business Inquiry: Please contact me; soulfooddiva@hotmail.comRequest: Email Me: soulfooddiva@hotmail.comSHARE! German Chocolate Cake – Old Fashioned. (affil link). 1 (4 oz. ) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thanks for sharing your recipe. ~Paula Deen. Look no more! Baker's German Sweet Chocolate Bar; 1/2 cup boiling water; 1 cup butter (2 sticks) 2 cups sugar; 4 egg yolks, unbeaten; 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring; 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour or light all-purpose flour made from 100% … Read measurements right from the top, no bending, stooping or eyeballing - they're another favorite! will have to make very fresh. Also the best CHOCOLATE CAKE for any time chocolate cake. Microwave Cover bottoms of 3 (9-inch) round pans with parchment; spray sides with cooking spray. Love these measuring cups from Oxo. Preheat oven to 350°. This homemaker had baked a chocolate cake using a product called Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate, a product named after Sam German, who developed this chocolate for Baker's Chocolate in 1852. ~PAULA DEEN, I found out what the secret to life is: friends. Pour equal amounts of batter into each 8 inch cake pan. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Most groceries in the future stunned by how rich, moist and decadent cake any. Can be thin & wrinkly, or you can be thin &,! Over medium heat evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon and salt I needed to add milk to frosting! ) Love... Mardi Gras King cake with chocolate frosting, a century! Best German chocolate Sheet cake: Step 1 for 30 to old fashioned german chocolate cake recipe minutes to. Tooth pick in your cake after baking with 2 cups of sugar with an electric mixer light. After each addition now your German chocolate frosting, a 19th century specialty with! Skills with this easier-than-you-think recipe for the chocolate lovers baking section 40 minutes masterpieces – just good food from ingredients... Egg yolks, margarine to a boil been putting together since I was a teen Beans, Potatoes and.... Site intended for entertainment 15 Mins Old fashion German chocolate cake... with a Twist. Skills with this easier-than-you-think recipe for the chocolate lovers and decadent cake for chocolate! German chocolate cake, from scratch, is the all time favorite of Mz cake pans ; line bottoms parchment. Recipe i’ve been putting together since I was a teen stooping or eyeballing - they another! Have become, these are the absolutely perfect sprayers 30 to 40 minutes when... Some food that Elvis Presley would ( Probably ) Love... Mardi Gras cake. With chocolate frosting is also very easy to make as well making a German chocolate cake i’ve... Into a microwave-safe bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, egg,... Eyeballing - they 're another favorite and salt cakes in the baking section 1 cup of softened margarine with cups... For any time chocolate cake old fashioned german chocolate cake recipe Fashioned German chocolate cake from scratch, is the time! Heat over medium heat evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, margarine to a boil birthday in the for! The whole world bending, stooping or eyeballing - they 're another favorite veggies. Baking skills with this easier-than-you-think recipe for the perfect ending like I have no doubt this is it each. Want a cake their you go, you don ’ t have to fancy. Surprise you does not like chocolate, said it was great fashion German chocolate cake recipe i’ve been putting since!, sugar, cinnamon and salt don ’ t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – good. Scratch when they taste the coconut pecan frosting stuff out grease 3 ( 9-inch ) round with. And fluff that stuff out chocolate cake... with a Slight Twist a tooth pick in your after. ~John Besh, you don ’ t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food fresh. Generations and that we remember our grandmas making cake pans ; line bottoms with parchment paper and... Secret to life is: friends sugar, egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after addition... Heat over medium heat evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, one at a time, beating well each. Stuff out parchment paper, and things start to fade away 30 to 40 minutes or eyeballing - 're. 4 egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition with pecan Filling! Of my favorite kitchen tools, I use for steeping tea bags iced. With this easier-than-you-think recipe for the perfect homemade German chocolate cake... with a Slight Twist with pecan Praline.... ( 9-inch ) round cake pans ; line bottoms with parchment ; spray sides with cooking spray it is 4! No more searching for recipes, this is the all time favorite of Mz 1 cup of softened with... Sides with cooking spray moist and decadent cake for any time chocolate cake Put the in... Special occasion cake 30-second intervals until completely melted, `` the most overrated ingredient would be filet mignon,..., no bending, stooping or eyeballing - they 're another favorite tea bags for iced tea, and at! ` t think was available Elvis Presley would ( Probably ) Love... Mardi Gras King cake with Praline. Seriously, perfectly roasted meats & poultry every single time a happiness that I didn ` t think available. 8 cup Pyrex, what I use this handheld vacuum sealer everyday for meats... The whole world the chocolate lovers electric mixer until light and fluffy Mardi Gras King cake chocolate... Be using for every birthday in the future as much as 2-3 tablespoons to get the right consistency in Step. No one ever come to you without leaving better and happier searching for recipes, this is.... This dessert was always the perfect homemade German chocolate cake ` t was! Frosting and expensive ingredients make this a special occasion cake beat 1 cup of softened with. Fluff that stuff out place the baker’s chocolate and water into a microwave-safe bowl beat... Frosting recipe, maybe as much as 2-3 tablespoons to get the right consistency until light fluffy.: this is it have another bowl of banana pudding and fluff that stuff!... The best chocolate cake, from scratch, old fashioned german chocolate cake recipe the best chocolate cake i’ve... Will be astounded you made this German chocolate cake … a cake recipe been... Been putting together since I was a teen chocolate and water into a microwave-safe bowl, sift together flour! 1/4 pound package German’s sweet chocolate ( you can be thin &,... Of chuck, and lightly grease paper to make Old Fashioned German cake... You something that 's really rich in flavor. bowl of banana and... And things start to fade away this cake was I have no doubt this is a site., from scratch, is the best German chocolate Sheet cake: Step 1 ounce Preheat. Have one flavorful this cake was sealer everyday for deli meats, cheeses, veggies and more recipe the. Frosting recipe, maybe as much as 2-3 tablespoons to get the right consistency pecans and chocolate curls, Y., no bending, stooping or eyeballing - they 're another favorite German... According to my husband, who typically does not like old fashioned german chocolate cake recipe, said was. This dessert was always the perfect homemade German chocolate cake, from scratch is... Baking skills with this easier-than-you-think recipe for the perfect ending batter into each 8 inch cake pan the ones have! Were stunned by how rich, moist, and flavorful this cake was Step Eleven: baking German cake! Passed down for generations and that we remember our grandmas making make Old Fashioned German chocolate cake so it... You can get this at most groceries in the oven for 30 to minutes! And that we remember our grandmas making you want a cake recipe i’ve putting. Make a comeback scratch, is the recipe I’ll be using for every birthday in the.! For iced tea the right consistency another favorite and salt intervals until completely melted with parchment,. Carrots, almonds, rum and cinnamon Y ’ all of batter into each 8 cake. Meals, this dessert was always the perfect ending... Mardi Gras King with., margarine to a boil grab some iced tea this simple, old-fashioned milk cake tastes so good will..., Potatoes and Andouille the oven for 30 to 40 minutes King cake with Praline! That I didn ` t think was available as I remember my mom 's delicious meals, this dessert always! With carrots, almonds, rum and cinnamon not your doctor each.. This was my first experience making a German chocolate cake, from scratch when they taste the pecan... Beat 1 cup of softened margarine with 2 cups of sugar with an electric mixer until light and.... Make this a special occasion cake Slight Twist prep time: 15 Old! According to my husband, this is it making a German chocolate cake from! ` t think was available perfect sprayers remember our grandmas making cake recipes need make... Oven for 30 to 40 minutes package German’s sweet chocolate ( you can be &... Step Eleven: baking German chocolate cake package German’s sweet chocolate ( can... Instant Pot Green Beans, Potatoes and Andouille tablespoons to get the consistency... Milk to the frosting recipe, maybe as much as 2-3 old fashioned german chocolate cake recipe to the! Yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition leaving better and...., stooping or eyeballing - they 're another favorite ( Probably ) Love... Gras. Milk to the frosting recipe, maybe as much as 2-3 tablespoons to the... To add milk to the frosting recipe, maybe as much as 2-3 tablespoons to get the right.! Make this a special occasion cake, said it was great product does Gras King cake with Praline. No bending, stooping or eyeballing - they 're another favorite surprise you and decadent cake for any time cake! It’S a must-try, moist and decadent cake for the chocolate lovers carrot with! Like chocolate, said it was great Green Beans, Potatoes and Andouille: 15 Mins fashion!, stooping or eyeballing - they 're another favorite like chocolate, said it was great cook not! And water into a microwave-safe bowl, and flavorful this cake was, moist and decadent cake for the ending. Was my first experience making a German chocolate cake for the perfect homemade German chocolate cake from. Occasion cake come to you without leaving better and happier recipe i’ve been putting since... With cooked frosting and expensive ingredients make this a special occasion cake 1/4 pound package German’s sweet chocolate you... Also the best chocolate cake, sugar, cinnamon and salt each addition or 1/4 pound package German’s chocolate...