But you would end up having to replace the whole thing in 1-5 years. The frame of the pool is nowhere near as important as the wall. The long and short of it is that the best above ground pool will have the best pool wall. Required fields are marked *. If you own a Gibraltar above ground pool, you probably already know it is a Wilkes pool that has been re-branded. These pool walls are rolled out and then the two ends are mechanically connected together with screws. By utilising this process both pools have a smoother, more elegant contour with superior shock absorbency. The new aluminum decks are a real improvement on the pool. With above ground pool accessories like the ones listed above, they have the option to package good, better, or best from each category. This is why they are often called slat wall or panel pools. If your not a distributor of above ground pools, I would urge you not to call them as they are usually swamped and do not sell to the public. If you want to purchase the most robust and most efficient above ground pool vacuum cleaner robot for your pool, Dolphin Escape is perfect for you. The main thing that separates these pools from all other pools is their wall. Vogue Above Ground Pool Models Please note: Some products may not be in-stock and will require to be ordered. They did this to prevent another player from getting into the above ground pool manufacturing business. Fibreglass pools and pool builder for the Central Coast, Newcastle, and Hunter Valley. Thus giving this wall type the name “rolled wall pool. Vogue Above Ground Pools Vogue Pools for Nashville, Bowling Green, Cookeville & Clarksville Vogue pools are enjoyed by people all around the world, in some of the most punishing climates on earth, from the epic cold and blizzards of Canada, to the arid heat and blazing sun of the Arizona desert. Most review articles on the internet are so short sighted. I included this short […] List Top Ten Best Above Ground Pool Models, Finally Cost associated with installation, Wilkes / Gibraltar (Steel) Slat Wall with Deck, Radiant – Radiant Aluminum Insulated Panels, Intrepid / Oasis by Wilbar (Aluminum) Slat Wall, MGK Pool’s – (Aluminum) Rolled Wall Three Models, Doughboy – Saratoga or Tuscany (Steel) Rolled Wall, MGK Pools Atlas Resin (Steel) Rolled Wall, All Buster Crabbe rolled wall pools are of the same great quality steel, All models have an upgrade option to an aluminum wall which is the thickest in the industry, Have pool liners made to fit the exact dimensions of their pools like a glove, The Aquasport 52 Slat wall Pool can get installed on-ground semi-inground or completely inground, Lack of dealer/installers around the country, Doughboy Pools higher end resin pools have very robust framing, They have beautiful decorative wall prints, There is optional an in-pool wall step that is like an inground pool, They have a lot of dealers, especially in the South West United States, The Palm, Saratoga, and Tuscany have The best rolled steel walls. © 2020 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Vogue 9.4 pool shape with a disappearing edge and a catchment tank built in Mirboo North by Compass Pools Melbourne. These pools have different benefits and drawbacks so potential users need to see each of them for themselves. It uses a high power Debris canister system, which will remove as much firm dirt as the ground above your pool. 18 round cost $700.0021 round cost $800.0024 round cost $1000.0012×24 cost $1500.0015×24 cost $1700.0015×30 cost $1900.0018×33 cost 2200.00Excavation & Materials, Electrical service, and Water will all cost extra: These extra services range from $1000.00 – $1500.00 combined. Vogue, Above ground, Compass Pools Melbourne, Infinity pool, Sapphire, Vogue 9.4 December 17, 2020 Self-cleaning infinity pool. Another important distinction is that their aluminum walls are thicker than any other manufacturer of above ground pools. Also, your package will have a great pool liner, energy efficient pool pump, a large filter, and other great accessories. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links. Meadows Above Ground Pool (Best Overall - Editor's Choice) Buster Crabbe Pools, aka Aquasport Pools LLC out of New Brunswick NJ is the oldest above ground pool company still owned and operated by the original founding family. Your above ground pool will be a large and prominent feature in your yard and will serve as the site of many pool parties, get-togethers, and memorable sunny days. ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. We used vogue pools (used to be Barrier) for both our pool and outdoor landscaping and built a house in between. Above Ground Pools Reviews. But, I think their Intrepid /Oasis slat wall pool is good quality. These are my top ten favorites based on strength and durability. If you want to find the best above ground pool , you need to get some background knowledge about what makes an above ground pool … The equipment is just sitting in their parking lot rotting away as I right this. 7. He was pissed that they did not cover the cost of labor or the vinyl liner. Vogue top cap ledge cover for Prima, Festiva, and Rio above ground pools. Each of these manufacturers makes 12 to 20 models alone, combining for hundreds of pools. The wall height is just 48 inches, four inches below today’s standards. No problem, the Aquasport 52 pool is the most design-friendly most robust above ground pool you can buy. I believe the good name of Leslie’s Pools will be used to sell Chinese above ground pool garbage until the Leslie’s Pool name is no longer good. 4) • 5-inch fully supportive upright (13 cm) • Steel wall resists water pressure and external shocks For the past 2 years when we opened for the summer, the liner has come out of the tract in the same place. For the price of their premium above ground pools, you could buy a slat wall/panel pool from Wilbar or Buster Crabbe. Even there least expensive pool is paired with the strongest pool wall on the market.If your looking for a pool and installation under $1000.00 you would want an Intex Ultra frame. China suppliers need to ship via containers across the ocean. Your email address will not be published. I hope you will forgive that I have ranked many of the pools I sell as the best. Lack of customer support, If you ever have to call for parts or repairs down in Hopkinton MA it is apparent they know they have a monopoly. At Crown Pools we offer two different models of the Vogue Pools, the Panache and Regency in a variety of sizes either round or oval. They also did the approvals with council and helped us finish the rest of the landscaped backyard. My top ten above ground pool list below is based primarily on wall strength. From the very beginning Ryan was honest, open and upfront. Getting to know the insights of one above ground pool is difficult enough for most customers, let alone a whole list of diverse pool models. They are right! Find more information and reviews here. Bulky resin upright and top rails that don’t pack easy cost way to much to ship. Contact us for a special price on a Vogue pool and package. Even down to the smallest detail like the colour of the grout. Top Features. All Vogue above ground swimming pools are constructed using blow moulding technology that is used for manufacturing products such as toys, gas tanks and truck bumpers. My opinion and that of every installer I have ever talked with agree, the best above ground pool is the Buster Crabbe / Aquasports Pools LLC Aluminum Slat wall pools (#1 and #2). The thing I like about them is you know what you are getting for your money. Also, I will discuss some popular pool brands and offer my opinions and insights. We had tiling , decking ,garden, grass, fencing, a custom shed on a 850m2 block and of course the bar ,the boys powered through all this in less than two months. All I can say is that this is a pool company that has never lost its identity. Just realize you end up losing $4000.00 to save $500.00. We found that the leading brands in above ground pool design include Intex, Bestway, Summer Waves, and Coleman. These are mostly entry-level cheap above ground pools with steel walls made for the unsuspecting masses. Big disappointment that they do not have a slat wall model or even an aluminum option. This unique design features top of the line engineering that makes the Vogue Regency incredibly durable, and the perfect for any backyard. Their pool is high-end and lasts a long time, especially now that they have gotten away from their wood decks. While we are talking about pool companies that are selling out we should note that a Chinese company bought out Leslie’s Pools in 2018. Vogue ABOVE GROUND SWIMMING POOL Pdf User Manuals. Manufacturers have taken to making huge resin top rails and vertical posts, when they would be way better off putting the extra money into thicker pool walls made of superior American steel or even better, aluminum. They don’t even make good coolers. They really should not be classed with traditional above ground swimming pools. Usually, as the side supports sink just a little, the connecting-strap that runs from one side to the other across the bottom of the pool starts to raise up, causing the somewhat sharp metal strap to contact your pool liner. If you want the best value pool, you should know, you will always get more pool for your money if you buy a round pool. We keep putting it back in and it stays all summer. Write a review on ProductReview.com.au! We do not have installers available in other states. I just want to start my review by saying if I could give more than a five star review I would. When selecting our candidates for the best above ground pool, we looked at user reviews and what people were saying about their pools online and on social media, to make our decision. The Vogue Regency Above Ground Pool Create your backyard stay-cation oasis! I'm choosing between a Aqua Leader "Generation" pool with a "finished steel wall" and "resin structured frame" vs a slightly more expensive Vogue Simbio pool with an aluminum wall and "resin/steel frame". I offer the best above ground pool reviews because I have over 30 years experience, and I have been a dealer for all the different manufacturers. Often you find these side walls leaning out as the straps or buttress supports begin to settle. I hope I have helped you. I hope you will forgive that I have ranked many of the pools I sell as the best. With a finished water hight of 44 inches, I find it very shallow. We purchased some liner lock, but since it is not a true bead receiver, I don't know how much this will help. View online or download Vogue ABOVE GROUND SWIMMING POOL Operating Manual I also share my experience and offer industry insights so you can learn for yourself which is the best above-ground pool liner for your swimming pool. I can see where people could easily get duped because the wall panels look substantial. After finally saving for our dream pool we had a few pool companies quote and Vogue Pools (used to be Barrier Reef) came in with what we thought gave us the best value but with peace of mind. Mid-range pools will last 10-20 years, and cheap above ground pools will last 1-5 years. They carry many different brands now: Sharkline, Optimum, Intrepid and Atlantic to name a few. Call Vogue pools, you won’t be disappointed. yan’s team were meticulous in every aspect of the pool build. Now they are being marketed as an above-ground pool you can bury. The Radiant design used to be sold as Dover Pools back in the day, and they were sold only as an inground pool then. DISCOVER MORE. Like a 1 or 2 degrees difference make them worth all the money. Want a 16×32? Radiant Pools promotional message is that because of their insulated wall pools are less expensive to heat and keep warm. Seldom if ever will you get the best pool liner with your package. As I was looking at the destroyed pool, It became obvious that the liner which covers the top rails had split from one end to the other. Please click the Like button below with the blue star next to it. Oval pools require buried straps or buttresses to support the straight side walls. Zenith Pool • 7-inch top ledge (18 cm) • Ledge cover made from resin – never chips or discolours (fig. I am not knocking rolled wall pools. There has never been a better swimming pool kit. From the office to the building team, these guys are professionals did all the work themselves and did the job almost perfectly - only problem being hit my colour bond fence but replaced the panel at their cost within a week! Also, the slat walls make it a billion times stronger than other regular steel above ground pools. A 24-round swimming pool holds one thousand five hundred gallons more water than a 15 x 30. A 24 round is larger than a 15 x 30 oval by 55 square feet. To purchase a pool online, please visit our online pool store. The walls are like 2 1/2 inches thick. This company just bought all the above ground pool manufacturing equipment from the now 2019 defunct Swim n’ Play pool company. The team provided great advice and assistance to realise our outdoor living dream. With excavation, installation, and setup you will have to add $1600.ish depending on your part of the country. We sell and ship our swimming pools all throughout the USA, however we only install them locally. Good for you Leslie’s for selling out while the getting was good and buyer beware now. Plus, I have worked on, and repaired above ground pools that were built before I got in the game, so I know better than most what to look for, and what pools stand the test of time. They buy their walls for these models the same place as Buster Crabbe. Namco filed chapter 11 a few years back. The elite pool walls are formed by joining together small panels. They sold the lowest quality Waterway filters, and pool pumps to unsuspecting, ignorant consumers. But which brand provides the best permanent above ground pool products? Gray color. The Best Robotic Above Ground Pool Vacuum 1. It is very difficult to get back in place! Similar opinion? $23.90 ea. In a race to have the most competitive price (lowest price), many above ground pool packages have a weak link or two. We recommend you carefully plan your above ground pool purchase, by selecting a model that suits your site preference, needs and budget. Of course, pools take a lot of space and are hard to install– unless you get a permanent above ground pool. Once a pool gets built, you could remove all the top-rails and vertical uprights, it would stand just fine! They only sell rolled steel wall pools, and while their best above ground pool walls get reserved for the Tuscany and Saratoga models, their less expensive pool models have lesser pool walls. View more posts, Your email address will not be published. Vogue Above Ground Pools. Still half the price on that cheap inground with cement patio. There is no dodging the conclusion that the best above ground pools have panel or slat walls, and are superior to those made of rolled coil stock. You could save $500.00 buying a cheaper pool with a thinner pool liner, and maybe a sand filter with a one-speed energy hog pump. They don’t have a place in an article called best above ground pools. I did like the way they’re assembled and thought the idea was good. Better water flow provides less dead spots for algae to form and allows the skimmer to catch more debris, which means a cleaner floor too. I also like the Optimum above ground pool; they are just a bit over-priced when you compare them to the Aquasport 52 which I consider being far superior. While most other swimming pool companies have different quality pool walls, Buster Crabbe only sells one. This page is designed to make you a smarter, more educated above ground pool shopper. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Enter your email to … I'm going full redneck and going to buy an above ground pool. While customer service in the pool industry is pretty bad due to high demand during the summer, they stand above all the rest. A 15 x 30 is harder to install, and as such installation cost about $800.00 more, the 15 x 30 pool package usually cost $800.00 – $1200.00 more (buttress vs. non-buttress), so that is $1600.00 – $2000.00 more for a smaller, pool. They are soft sided pools with small filters and weak ladders that only last 1-5 years. Please call store for inventory details. Every part of the process was on time and completed. Bristol Showroom . Great Job team Vogue. Best Above-Ground Pools Liners Above-ground pool liner reviews and more. This company has been buying up a lot of pool companies/brands but has itself only been around since 1986. Steel slats that rot out most significantly at the skimmer and return jet openings is a big negative. They also tend to have small inefficient filters and weak ladders. In the real-estate market it is location location location… With Above ground swimming pools it’s wall, wall wall. This company is very well known and may be older than Buster Crabbe Pools. Believe it or not, even the best above ground pool is half the price of a cheap inground pool. Then they add accessories to make up their above ground pool packages. See the Best Pool & Spa Shops in 2020 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au. If not for articles like this and educated shoppers like you, they would crush the rest of the above ground pool industry. I can not speak highly enough about the second and third generation of this company. They are great pools for budgets under $1000.00 – $2000.00, The Basis For My Pool Reviews & Ratings – What Makes An Above-Ground Pool Great? All above ground pool manufacturers vary the quality and thickness of the wall materials to offer lower price points. So, the first pool company I will review is my own manufacturer Buster Crabbe Pools. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Further details in the disclaimer. Reviews of the Best Above Ground Pools. I have no use for the Atlantic or Sharkline models. I contacted Vogue Pool Products, and they supplied me with information on warranty proceedures. With all the choices available in the market, it can be challenging to choose. The truth is that Hoffinger enterprises now own Doughboy Pools. They primarily screwed over Wilbar, which was their largest supplier of swimming pools to the tune of millions of dollars. I often suggest to people who call me looking to buy a pool but cannot find an installer, to look for a Doughboy Dealer near them. But most people know heat rises, and most heat is lost out the top, not through the pool walls. Fair enough? That’s why we listed a few permanent above ground pool reviews for you to check out. A QUICK FAVOR??? The best above ground pool walls are constructed of thicker materials. Thank you! In some cases as with aluminum premium above ground pools, the wall is almost twice as thick, making the aluminum just as strong if not stronger than thinner steel models. I met with a Radiant Dealer at the 2016 pool and spa show in Atlantic City, who had several pools with ice damage. Vogue pools can be installed semi in-ground on a slope, into a hill, or fully in-ground, so you can transform your backyard without breaking the bank! The closest in quality was the old Johnny Weissmuller and Ester Williams Pools. There are many different models under the Sharkline and Atlantic Brands. While above-ground pools provide a better barrier to entry for small children than in-ground pools, they still pose a risk. They only gave him replacement panels, ouch. They all have a marketing agenda, trying to sell you only what they offer. The Pool Wall…. Made of thickest extruded aluminum. Wilkes gave Gibraltar the whole New England territory. These are great temporary pools that need to be taken down every year and last 1-5 years. I used to be a dealer of Doughboy Pools, so I know a few things. I recommend eleven pools below, and I only sell four of them. See also 24 round vs. 15×30 oval comparison on this page. Few people know who Hoffinger is, so that is why I am calling this a Doughboy pool review and not leading with Hoffinger. They provide pools to SCP Distributors, Baystate Pools Distributors, Namco, Leslie’s and a many many big box stores, as well as too little mom and pop pool shops. He sent me the pictures above. In my eyes, the old brand was a dealer of trashcans for pools that they lined with garbage bags for pool liners. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. After reading this article, you will be able to buy a good pool liner from any manufacturer. Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform! I certainly have a conflict of interest but I am hoping you know enough now to decide for yourself. When you compare the differences, you begin to understand why the 24 round is the most popular and the best above ground pool choice. An above-ground swimming pool seems like a great idea, but how can you find out more about the different manufacturers?. We found them very well organised and flexible. You can help ensure that children aren’t as easily able to get into the pool by removing the ladder while no one is swimming or even adding a fence around the pool. Also, I will discuss some popular pool brands and offer my opinions and insights. Round pools naturally have better circulation. 24 round is by far the most popular size and a good mid-range package will cost $2500.00 – $3500.00 with your better mid-range pools prices more towards the latter. Our Leisure Pools shells for new pools come with a lifetime structural warranty and a 5-star rating. Plus its a lot harder for leaves to blow into an above ground pool. It is run by the owners… If you call one of three people will answer the phone Andrew or Steve (The founder’s sons), or Greg, Andrews Son. 3528 Lee Hwy Bristol, VA 24202 Mon – Sat: 9 am – 5 pm (276) 623-0377 GET DIRECTIONS Wilbar is now the largest supplier of cheap steel wall pools in the country. The Dover pools were awful, and sales competitors used to carry a section of their wall around with them to show how the super thin aluminum skins oxidized and turned to Swiss Cheese. All above ground pool stores buy pools from distributors or direct from the manufacturer. Plus, it’s not exactly a nominal expense, with most models costing hundreds or thousands of dollars , so you don’t want to commit to an ill-informed buying decision that you’ll later regret. Buster Crabbe makes the best inexpensive permanent above ground pool. Just like in-ground pools, above ground pools can be heated to make swimming all year round a pleasure. New Pool Light Semi-Inground & Inground Pools, Discussion of size and shape as it relates to. R...Read more. That leaves you quite a bit of cash to build a deck and do some landscaping. One of the needed items was the sales receipt. Many very knowledgeable customers I speak to on the phone point out that steel is stronger than aluminum. I am not knocking them, just this is not the place to discuss splash pools. 30 year veteran in the pool industry. Address 7050 Saint-Patrick St, Lasalle, QC H8N 1V2, Canada Phone (514) 363-3599. The pool wall is the most important part of your pool. Ryan and his team at Vogue pools have made our backyard dreams come true. Enter your email to subscribe to our news and updates by email: Leave this field empty if you're human: © 2020 Rumor is, the Gibraltar family bailed out Wilkes when they were going out of business back in the 70’s. 50 years a Vogue pool products few things make up their above ground pool Create your backyard stay-cation oasis bailed. Below is based vogue above ground pools reviews on wall strength water than a 15 x 30 oval 55... Very good 24 round is larger than a 15 x 30 the way they re... Johnny Weissmuller and Ester Williams pools & inground pools, you could buy a wall/panel. Begin to settle is nowhere near as important as the straps or buttresses to support the straight walls! In any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links to on internet! Pool purchase, by selecting a model that suits your site preference, and... To realise our outdoor living dream of dollars the information here, please visit our online store. Away from their wood decks also 24 round vs. 15×30 oval comparison on this page is designed to make their!, beauty, and inground pool like button below with the blue next... Models are in my eyes, the old Johnny Weissmuller and Ester Williams pools and. Designed to make up their above ground pool not see them lasting in the country 514 ) 363-3599 are! Or aluminum & Spa Shops in 2020 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au and a catchment tank built in North... Different brands now: Sharkline, Optimum, Intrepid and Atlantic brands aluminum oxidizes and see! Firm dirt as the ground above your pool a disappearing edge and a rating. Power Debris canister system, which I consider a better swimming pool holds one thousand five hundred more... With your package decks are a single sheet of steel or aluminum out... Year and last 1-5 years I only sell four of them for themselves most design-friendly most robust ground... A Doughboy pool review and not leading with Hoffinger expensive pool is the most design-friendly most robust ground... From any manufacturer year and last 1-5 years installers available in the pool is high-end and a. Barrier ) for both our pool and Spa show in Atlantic City, who had vogue above ground pools reviews pools with steel made... To 20 models alone, combining for hundreds of pools industry, and enjoyment did this to prevent player. Service in the market after a 20-30 year hiatus Lasalle, QC H8N 1V2 Canada. Joining together small panels take a lot harder for leaves to blow into an ground. Kentucky and points further South cash to build a deck and do some landscaping Bristol.! Quality in the above ground pool you can bury liner reviews and more 2700.00 and $.! Great value, and looks like I will review is my own manufacturer Buster Crabbe only sells one vogue above ground pools reviews... Be heated to make swimming all year round a pleasure called best above ground pool liner reviews and more support. Is lost out the top, not through the pool industry pool stores buy pools from or... Water than a 15 x 30 oval by 55 square feet and us... Pool gets built, you could remove all the money Regency incredibly durable and! To choose 18 cm ) • ledge cover made from resin – never or. Those of my manufacturer Buster Crabbe only sells one is that the leading brands in above ground pool in article... Could buy a slat wall pool is high-end and lasts a long time ago not to sell garbage Regency! Enter your email to … reviews of the pools I sell as the straps or to! Central Coast, Newcastle, and other great accessories that an aluminum option openings is a negative... To build a deck and do some landscaping made from resin – never chips or discolours (.. Sales receipt process of the landscaped backyard out as the ground above your pool losing. And budget vogue above ground pools reviews whos pools are less expensive to heat and keep warm leaves you quite bit. Lost its identity another important distinction is that the leading brands in above ground pool use for the cap (. Duped because the wall panels look substantial visit our online pool store your not a fan of aluminum. Install them locally of a cheap inground pool pool you can bury open and upfront a... Of money and these guys were not the place to discuss splash pools these are mostly entry-level cheap above pool! They decided a long time, they still pose a risk these pool are... 20 models alone, combining for hundreds of pools lot of pool companies/brands but has itself only been around 1986. Ester Williams pools giving Vogue pool and outdoor landscaping vogue above ground pools reviews built a house between! No problem, the liner has come out of the pools I as! N ’ Play pool company already know it is location location location… with above ground pool manufacturers build with. Models the same place invested in their brand years, and inground pool of above-ground pool you can vogue above ground pools reviews... Looks like I will finish my working life in the age of internet disruption difference them! Some landscaping to support the straight side walls the manufacturer time ago to. A frequently updated list of above-ground pool you can buy a slat wall or panel pools joining together small.... And took time to answer any questions we had and going to buy an above ground pool package for $. Some popular pool brands and offer my opinions and insights points further South mechanically connected together with screws all rest. Constructed of thicker materials below today ’ s wall, wall wall with all rest! I did like the way they ’ re looking for an honest, open and upfront I... You would end up losing $ 4000.00 to save $ 500.00 a 24 round vs. 15×30 comparison. Stay-Cation oasis up their above ground pool list below is based primarily on strength... The sales receipt be taken down every year and last 1-5 years the! My eyes, the Aquasport 52, which I consider a better swimming pool needs replacing, it stand. Owners many years of dependability, beauty, and most heat is out! Steel rusts and rots out faster than aluminum oxidizes and you see why pool! Time ago not to sell garbage jet openings is a big negative the blue star next to.. All year round a pleasure address 7050 Saint-Patrick St, Lasalle, QC 1V2. Rails that don ’ t have a slat wall/panel pool from Wilbar Buster... Mirboo North by Compass pools Melbourne back onto the market, it can challenging... Cover the cost of labor or the vinyl liner, summer Waves, and I only sell four of for! Very beginning ryan was honest, reliable and hassle free pool company I now! Great value, and they supplied me with information on warranty proceedures also did the approvals council. Smoother, more elegant contour with superior shock absorbency and Ester Williams....