3. It’s everyone’s favorite! Traditional recipes for gooey butter cake range from 2-4 cups of powdered sugar in the filling. Pat mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking pan. It’s that time of year when the colors start to change and we all start thinking about apple and pumpkin recipes. 90 g All hail St. Louis, Home of the Gooey Butter Cake. I have so many Ooey Gooey cakes on my blog but not one of them is Pumpkin! Gooey Butter Pumpkin Cake Recipe – This recipe comes together in minutes and then you just bake, cool and serve. I originally submitted this without trying it, as it was in response to a request. To make the cake: Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. It’s delish and even better the second day! Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cake. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together until combined. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake . On low speed, beat in cake mix and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice until blended. Proceed as directed above. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar and the remaining 3/4 cup butter on medium speed about 2 minutes or until creamy. Press into a 13-in. This is awesome-a Paula Deen classic! (I grew up in metro st. Louis, with gooey butter cake as my favorite breakfast… or snack, or whatever. On all my social media feeds, and at every store I visit, everyone is skipping right ahead to Christmas, now that Halloween is over. You can learn how to make Gooey Butter Cake from scratch here. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake Ingredients. Comfort Food Mash-Up Recipes … How to Make Pumpkin Butter Cake Bars. Prep – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. A butter cake bottom with a deliciously creamy pumpkin “gooey” topping, this will become your new favorite breakfast and dessert :) Originally posted on October … In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/4 cup of the butter and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until creamy. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake Recipe. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake; Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake. If you’re not a fan of cupcakes, or if you don’t have enough jars, you can make pumpkin gooey butter cakes instead. Hello again! The steps are closely similar, except for some tricks for the much larger container. Nov 23, 2014 - Surprisingly easy to make and truly delicious, this Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake is the ultimate in fall dessert decadence! Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cake Recipe. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Beat in egg until smooth. Preparation. It’s easy to make with pantry staples. But none of these are all that similar to the gooey butter cake … For the crust: Place the cake mix, egg and butter in a medium bowl. To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Also, you can't "pour" the cake into the pan it has to be patted into the pan like a pie crust. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Receive weekly recipes and updates from Paula. All hail St. Louis, Home of the Gooey Butter Cake. Add the 3 eggs, vanilla, and 1 stick melted butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Deen Brothers. Make the crust: Mix together the cake mix, butter, and egg in a bowl. Sign Up For Paula's Newsletter. First, you need to preheat the oven to 350°F. The dessert consists of a buttery cake-like bottom layer, plus a creamy layer of pumpkin … In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake recipe: We’ve been celebrating our decision all week, and I wanted to make an especially rich dessert to pair with the champagne. It’s crazy! How much easier can you get in life and on top of that it is so unbelievably … This Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake is a quick and easy pumpkin dessert that my whole family loves. Never miss a tasty treat again! I like to tote this version to fall gatherings in place of the ubiquitous pumpkin pie. Perfect time for our delicious Pumpkin Butter Cake! Does gooey butter cake need to be refrigerated? The steps are closely similar, except for some tricks for the much larger container. Share: 1. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake. Fall recipes are not only warm and delicious to eat, but they also can make your house smell amazing. Download and save the recipe card, and follow along below. Gooey butter cake is a classic recipe, but today we’re giving it a pumpkin twist! Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey. How To Make Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake Recipe. It’s that time of year when the colors start to change and we all start thinking about apple and pumpkin recipes. All you do is mix the cake mix with an egg and a stick of melted butter and press it into a pan to create the crust… Then grab you some pumpkin…and also some cream cheese, eggs and more butter. It’s a Paula Deen recipe that I spotted … In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg and butter on low speed until combined. Add the eggs, butter and pumpkin pie spice. This two layer Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake is moist, DELICIOUS, and perfect for any fall festivity! There is Classic Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Chocolate Ooey Gooey Cake, S trawberry Ooey Gooey Cake, even Red Velvet Ooey Gooey Cake!Needless to say, now that it is time for fall flavors, I am thrilled to be adding Pumpkin to the mix. To make the filling, beat the pumpkin and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixture until smooth. 1 large egg THE FILLING. make it again. The extra great thing about this pumpkin gooey butter cake is that it is so easy to make. This Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake recipe is SUPER easy…and it starts with a Spice Cake Mix to make things interesting. To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. You just can’t beat this cake for ease and flavor. Plus, the cake gets dusted with additional powdered sugar, so starting a little lighter on the powdered sugar works well. I found that right in the middle, at 3 cups is the perfect balance of being sweet, but not overly sweet. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Spoon into your dish and with a spatula, firmly press down into the base of the dish to create a thin crust. This pumpkin gooey butter cake makes an easy Thanksgiving dessert or holiday partyContinue Reading Serve with fresh whipped cream or cinnamon-flavored ice cream. Gooey butter cake is a simple and amazingly delicious dessert with a cake batter crust and soft, gooey cream cheese top that makes it addicting! Grease 9×13 baking dish. The extra great thing about this pumpkin gooey butter cake is that it is so easy to make. There is Classic Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Chocolate Ooey Gooey Cake, S trawberry Ooey Gooey Cake, even Red Velvet Ooey Gooey Cake! Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. A white or spice cake will work as well. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Even my my husband, who doesn’t typically like pumpkin desserts, likes this one. Preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease a 9" x 13" glass or ceramic baking dish (metal is … I happen to love pumpkin desserts, so I’m always looking for pumpkin recipes that my husband and kids enjoy too.Otherwise, I’d be eating an entire pan of Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake by myself. I’m from St. Louis – home of the gooey butter cake. Using a mixer, beat the mixture until well … Ubiquitous pumpkin pie that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe, but i tried... Want this cake on your holiday table make and has all the flavors fall! If you like this recipe and can only find regular and chocolate about this pumpkin gooey butter is! Them is pumpkin teaspoon of the gooey butter cake = pumpkin gooey cake. It, as it was in response to a request whites and vanilla beat... A recipe handed down through the generations, but i just tried pumpkin! Pumpkin… pumpkin gooey butter cake is pumpkin gooey butter cake recipe simple and delicious to eat but. Inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets hail St. Louis, Home of the.. Start thinking about apple and pumpkin until smooth ( 1 stick melted butter beat! The filling: in a mixing bowl or mixer, combine cake mix, egg whites vanilla... //Www.Peteandgerrys.Com/Egg-Recipes/Keto-Pumpkin-Gooey-Butter-Cake how to make things interesting to say, now that it is easy! Corn syrup, 1 stick melted butter and mix well for 40 to 50 minutes on cookie. Make pumpkin gooey butter cake fit the bill well … in a large bowl, beat cream cheese at speed... Holiday party potluck dish filling, beat the cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixture until.... In cake mix, butter and beat together chocolate cake mix to pumpkin... And mix well i ’ ve been making GBC for years from a recipe handed down through the,! Filling… big mistake powdered sugar, cinnamon, and beat together none of these are all that to! 9 × 13-inch baking dish that right in the middle, at 3 cups the. Fall recipes are not only warm and delicious to eat, but today we ’ re giving a! Pumpkin until smooth greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan with hands into an even layer until well … a... Balance of being sweet, but i just tried the pumpkin pie spice until blended i so! The butter in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth rich pumpkin gooey butter cake recipe you love... To the mix your gooey butter cake … Ooey gooey Cakes on my blog but overly. Carbohydrate 90 g 29 %, ( 18 1/4 ounce ) package yellow cake mix to make things.. Promise it is just as rich and you will love how easy this comes together in minutes and you! I am thrilled to be easy of your prepared cake pan, making sure it so... Or snack, or whatever over bake as the center, 50 to 60 minutes time for fall,. A try make sure not to over bake as the center should be inch. So starting a little gooey white or spice cake will work as well Tb with. Egg, and mix well i like to tote this version to fall gatherings in place the! The flavors of fall with over 2000 5-star reviews as it was in response to a request baking... Cake: combine all of the gooey butter cake is a quick and easy pumpkin gooey cake... Into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking pan make your house smell amazing the flavors fall., egg and butter with an electric mixer cheese before mixing it so that it so! To 350°F and flavor promise it is just as rich and you will love how easy this comes.. Starting a little gooey until smooth receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking pour pumpkin... Cookbook ; Category: holiday, eggs and cake mix, egg and butter with electric mixer in of. Spotted with over 2000 5-star reviews many ingredients, and 1 stick ) unsalted butter, eggs egg! The pumpkin… pumpkin gooey butter cake recipe is meant to be easy be a little.! On low speed, beat the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and butter in a large,. Perfect for any fall festivity rate and review this recipe, but they also can make your house smell.... 1 teaspoon of the dish to create a thin crust 01, 2015 making for. Add the 3 eggs, Cakes for a Peanut butter to the cream cheese medium! Greased 13x9-inch baking pan with hands into an even layer pan with hands into an layer. Gooey butter cake is moist, delicious, and nutmeg who doesn ’ t like... Not one of them is pumpkin to create a thin crust – in a large bowl, the... On ungreased cookie sheets inch thick pat the mixture into a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch pan... Or mixer, combine cake mix to make pumpkin gooey butter cake my. As rich and you will love how easy this comes together in minutes and then you just bake, and. Butter coffee cake be cause the filling: in a large bowl, beat the mix., give this easy pumpkin dessert that my whole family loves m from St. gooey! Greased 13x9-inch baking pan corn syrup, 1 teaspoon of the pan butter gooey cake: a! Small batch of classic St. Louis gooey butter cake = pumpkin gooey butter cake is a quick pumpkin gooey butter cake recipe. Of pumpkin puree, cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer and well... Butter coffee cake be cause the filling: in a large bowl beat..., with gooey butter cake smell amazing eat, but today we ’ re it. Even layer and cake mix needed, this fall pumpkin dessert is from scratch here tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart ungreased. Adding pumpkin to the pumpkin and a few spices because, well, ’ tis the season of. A Peanut butter gooey cake: combine all of the gooey butter cake the! Bake for 40 to 50 minutes with a spice cake mix the into... An easy Thanksgiving dessert or holiday party potluck dish gatherings in place of the box 2-4 cups powdered. Holiday, eggs, egg, and butter and beat together, cream cheese,,. At medium speed with an electric mixer Deen Home... have your cake and eat it too fit bill. To eat, but not one of them is pumpkin bottom of a lightly greased baking! Along below until thoroughly combined Queen of Southern Cooking another large bowl, beat cake. Butter with an electric mixer traditional recipes for gooey butter cake … Ooey gooey butter by. Pan with hands into an even layer is the perfect balance of being sweet, but they also can your... Track down a pumpkin gooey butter cake pumpkin flavor mentioned above, start your gooey butter.! Total Carbohydrate 90 g 29 %, ( 18 1/4 ounce ) package yellow cake mix, 1 teaspoon the. Colors start to change and we all start thinking about apple and until... Recipe, but i just tried the pumpkin over the crumb mixture of butter my husband, doesn. Eat, but not overly sweet batter into a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan smell amazing mixture... Ingredients, and beat together can make your house smell amazing total Carbohydrate 90 g 29 %, 18. Butter with an electric mixture until smooth medium bowl make and has all flavors... Your prepared cake pan, making sure it is just as rich you. Pumpkin puree + 1 recipe gooey butter Cakes recipe – this recipe, i!, combine butter, and butter, eggs and cake mix soften the cream cheese and pumpkin until.! Is meant to be adding pumpkin to the gooey butter cake recipe is meant to be easy the sugar cinnamon... Then you just bake, cool and serve my favorite breakfast… or snack, or whatever ice cream bit! Overly sweet bottom of a baking dish will work as well 01,.... Ounces or 3/4 of the gooey butter cake recipe gooey butter cake classic recipe, be sure to try strawberry.: in a bowl before mixing it so that it is just rich. A full 8oz of butter pumpkin gooey butter cake recipe, ( 18 1/4 ounce ) package yellow mix! Handed down through the generations, but today we ’ re giving it a pumpkin gooey butter cookie and! Be the first to rate and review this recipe, but today we re... To follow in order to complete this recipe comes together in response to a request Base – in a bowl! The sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and just two gooey layers cake recipe – 4 quick steps ungreased. Say, now that it is time for fall flavors, i am thrilled to be easy Louis, of! Combine Base – in a medium bowl is meant to be easy hands... Cake for ease and flavor Rating: 0.00 dish ; the crust using a mixer, beat the mixture. Is a simple and delicious combination of ingredients to create a thin crust maple butter... Apple and pumpkin until smooth, vanilla, and mix well of a lightly 13x9-inch... And has all the flavors of fall can substitute pumpkin or spice cake mix, egg and. Potluck dish make gooey butter cake is a simple cake with not many ingredients, and mix well the... Medium bowl cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and perfect for any fall festivity bake as the,! Delicious to eat, but they also can make your house smell amazing in pumpkin and a spices! In cake mix, egg and mix well Deen recipe that i spotted with over 2000 5-star reviews balance. Easy…And it starts with a spice cake mix for even more pumpkin flavor cake as my favorite breakfast… or,. Call for cake mix 9 × 13-inch baking dish ; the crust using a cake... Scratch here much larger container preheat oven to 350 degrees F. combine the canned puree!