Course: Side Dish. Cream Cheese – Instead of using flour, the cream cheese is used to help thicken the sauce Heavy Cream. If your spinach in releasing a lot of water when sauteeing, we suggest draining it off before adding the butter and cream. I used a 12" after eyeballing the bag, and it still fell over the edges of the pan onto the stove, and made it impossible to stir until I put a lid on it to start the wilting process! It’s perfectly cheesy with just a bit of nutmeg and can accompany your favorite chicken, steak, pork, or seafood entree. Just can’t come close to getting it in a 10.5" pan. Stir in the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, heavy cream and Parmesan. So here’s the truth, we had all of our posts for, #KETO CREAMED SPINACH - and the best you'll ever h, After spending close to $700 at the vet this morni, Holiday staple for sure! I love spinach and I have always loved spinach even as a kid. Use fresh or even frozen spinach to take this nutrient packed cruciferous vegetable to the next level! Cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Add the spinach, cover, and cook over medium until the … Looking for something lighter? This creamed side dish recipe made with a few simple ingredients. Add spinach, and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Place in a ramekin, top with some cheese and bake at 375 F, until the cheese is bubbly. Keto Creamed Spinach. Stir. Home » Recipes » Keto Creamed Spinach – Easy Side Dish. You’re not supposed to add any water. Added provolone cheese to the hub’s portion – broiled it until bubbly and golden brown. I going to cook spinach separately in pot of water for a few minutes and wring out on cheesecloth. This creamed spinach makes an excellent Keto side dish – perfectly paired with chicken, pork, or fish. Keto Homemade Creamed Spinach Written by TeamKeto. Parmesan Cheese . Keto Creamed Spinach is a simple gluten-free creamed spinach recipe combining steamed spinach, butter, heavy whipping cream, and mozzarella and parmesan … He’s slowly starting to like keto , without the serving size the nutrition info is fairly useless. Popeye the Sailor Man was my favorite cartoon, and he was strong to the finish ‘cuz he eats his spinach. Prepared in just 20 minutes! Friday night plans so dunkable, these #keto p. We’ve seen our #Keto Charcuterie Chalet starting. FACT CHECKED. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. And can I use a combination of both? A perfect side dish for any keto lunch or dinner recipe. Creamed Spinach Keto Recipe that’s loaded with cream cheese. I even included it as part of a complete meal in my upcoming Beginner's KetoDiet Cookbook that will be out in April 2018 and is available to preorder!. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. What’s your favourite spinach dish? Hi Ed, the number of servings is listed at the top of the recipe card. Add in the heavy cream and cream cheese, cook until the spinach is very wilted then stir in the parmesan, a pinch of nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simply reheat on the stovetop with a little extra cream. Spinach is packed full of magnesium, folate, and manganese especially when compared to other leafy greens. This Keto Spinach Gratin recipe is the perfect low carb side dish that you never knew you needed. One Christmas I even asked Santa for a can of spinach (I just realized how I must have sounded like an Appalachian Oliver Twist to the mall Santa) but I needed the spinach to go along with my temporary anchor tattoo and bubble pipe to complete the ensemble. Blanching helps to release liquid from the spinach to ensure you don’t end up with a watery sauce. Everybody loves spinach Spinach is one of the hero veggies in the keto diet. Vegan, Keto, Low-Carb Instant Pot Creamed Spinach recipe tastes just like steakhouse style creamed spinach. Thank you! Kale gets all the spotlight, but spinach is an amazingly delicious (and often undervalued) superfood. https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/keto-creamed-spinach You’ve got your creamy, cheesy spinach dip. Creamed spinach is the way to get non-veggie, non-spinach loving fans to eat their greens. Defrost the frozen spinach in the microwave and drain the excess water. Looking for more delicious Keto Side Dishes; try our; To make a larger batch of this Keto Creamed Spinach recipe adjust the servings above. 1 serving has 2g net carbs. This recipe will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Joanie Robach's Keto Creamed Spinach . #KETO CREAMED SPINACH - and the best you'll ever h. After spending close to $700 at the vet this morni. Serve with low-carb chips or veggies. Add the spinach, salt and pepper, and saute until wilted, then add the butter and cream. Had it with fresh yellow squash and baked catfish fillets. Furthermore, this creamy, decadent, and cheesy spinach … What is the quantity for one serving? I found it goes great in my Keto shepherd’s pie and also in my Keto chilli con carne. what serving size did you use for the nutrition info? Last night I poured it on top of skillet cooked chicken fillets (cooked with a little butter, white wine, and capers). Keto Creamed Spinach is a decadent side dish that is naturally keto friendly. These #Keto Little Smokie, Friday night plans so dunkable, these #keto p, We’ve seen our #Keto Charcuterie Chalet starting, Well, it's December and we had our first snow yest, Thanksgiving may look a little different this year, Now this, this is the type of skillet dinner we li, The Health Benefits of Spinach – BBC Good Food, Spinach Nutrition: The Vitamin K Powerhouse – Dr. Axe. The result is the best Keto creamed spinach. If you are being extra tight with your carbs, you can also cut … Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. This Keto creamed spinach is keto-friendly and low carb. This Keto Creamed Spinach is the perfect low-carb side dish to any meal! Easy creamed spinach, the perfect side dish to accompany a hot or cold entree. Remove the spinach from the pan and let it drain. Our Keto Creamed Spinach is a quick and easy side dish that goes perfectly with grilled steak! Add the spinach, salt, and pepper, and saute until wilted, then add the butter and cream. For more information on how awesome spinach is, check out the links below: It’s a super simple ingredient list but makes the best creamed spinach you’ll ever have! It's not hard to spice up this keto-friendly veg. Is Spinach Keto? You can serve this Keto creamed spinach as an appetizer or a side dish. A simple spinach side dish that does not get any easier and serves well with crackers, milk buns, and baguettes. I had it along with your recipe for cast iron steak – which was also spot on! Print Pin Rate. This recipe is one of my favourite sides. Your email address will not be published. I will definitely be making this again! Statements have not been approved by the FDA. The best keto creamed spinach recipe! Packed with nutrition and flavor, this rich, decadent keto/low carb side dish takes only 20 minutes to prepare. Cook 3-4 minutes … This website is for informational and educational purposes only. This was so good. Spinach – It is one of the most popular leafy greens consumed while on Keto. Keto Side Dish. Don't despair. Add in the spinach and cook 3-4 minutes until it's reduced in size. If the pan is too full to stir at first, cover it for a … Heat the butter in a 10.5" cast iron skillet, once hot add in the garlic and onion. These #Keto Little Smokie. While the classic recipe calls for flour to thicken the sauce, flour is completely unnecessary. Keto Creamed Spinach is rich, creamy, and full of flavor! It goes great with steak. This steakhouse classic makes adding greens to your diet a ludicrously … Use olive oil to sautee the spinach, some garlic to flavour it and then coconut cream to finish it and maybe some fresh coriander or basil to finish it off with. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet or health program. Mix it with watercress and avocado. Sauté until the spinach is wilted. How to Make Keto Creamed Spinach. Gluten-free, low carb, keto side perfect for holidays or weeknight dinner! I’d go 12" with high edges, at a minimum–Or maybe a Dutch oven? It is still just as rich and creamy - … AuthorTeamKeto Rating Difficulty Beginner. We recommend making this recipe fresh, but you can store leftover Keto Creamed Spinach in the fridge for up to 2 days. I am starting my Keto journey tomorrow for the first time – and this meal was perfect to set me off on the right track! Cook, stirring, just until heated … 1 pound of fresh spinach is about 10 cups. This creamed spinach recipe is a great keto side dish that is approved on the keto diet with a net carbs of 4 grams. Creamed spinach is the perfect low-carb side to go with pork chops, roast chicken or fish. 5 from 3 votes. I also love using spinach in many other recipes. Alex – this spinach is outstanding! Anyway, whether or not you are a fan of spinach this recipe makes an excellent side dish. – How long does it take to get into ketosis? Vegetarian. Keto Creamed Spinach for Two is quick and easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until the cream has thickened, then add the parmesan. I cooked this today and it was wonderful. We use freshly grated, I haven’t tested it with the container style but I assume if it’s just cheese and no additives it would work fine! Heat the butter in a 10.5" cast iron skillet, once hot add in the garlic and onion. Any grilled protein is delicious with this but you can also use the creamed spinach as a filling for salmon or chicken! You may need to press it in a colander to remove all of the excess moisture. Add the spinach to a pan along with garlic, salt and pepper to taste, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and Parmesan. Try pairing it with silky sour cream and some tangy parmesan for a low-carb creamed spinach. This Keto Creamed Spinach is a staple recipe you’ll turn to again and again, we promise! Garlic & Onion – If you are counting carbs then only use a small amount of both of these ingredients. Spinach is a great vegetable to enjoy on the keto diet! And, you can do it the way I’ve done it here, with fresh baby spinach, … I literally eat this multiple times per week. Wonder why the spinach made it watery? Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan and cook the shallots over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until … For extra decadence, use Mascarpone instead of cream cheese. Your email address will not be published. Thank you! We’re talking a creamy, cheesy, never-eat-spinach-any-other-way kind of meal, and it’s super easy to make! Try it, it’s delicious! Spinach is not just low in carbs — it's one of the most nutrient-dense keto foods you can have. It’s got zero carbs raw and only 3.9g net carbs per 100g cooked, and it packs a punch in Vitamins, A, C, K, E, B2, B6, folate, calcium, iron, manganese, potassium. Served with steak the first time. It’s very low in carbs, but high in vitamins and nutrients. Find out how to make this epic low carb side with fresh or frozen spinach, cream cheese, butter, and garlic topped with a layer of Parmesan cheese & pork rinds! Our recipes are inspiring! Saute for 2 to 4 minutes, until wilted. The blanching step of this recipe is crucial – so don’t skip this part! Thanks. This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page. Drizzle on some lemon juice, avocado oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper for a keto-friendly salad rich in Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. All nutritional information is estimated using an online program, it is the user’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of this information. Well, it's December and we had our first snow yest. However, with that being said, just as with any food, creamed spinach, even when made to be 100% keto friendly, can really add to your daily calories if you eat a huge amount of it. How did you get all that spinach into a 10.5" pan? Cast Iron Keto is a resource for folks who want to live their best life through low-carb, high-fat recipes that fuel epic adventures! Delicious keto creamed spinach recipe thats a combination of creamy and cheesy. Cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Print Ingredients. Hands down, the best creamed spinach I've ever tasted! Keto Spinach Gratin. Spinach is great for a keto diet lifestyle because it is loaded with nutrients and is very low in carbs. It’s loaded with potassium and great for getting in those essential electrolytes. Thank you! Keto Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Instant Pot Recipe. This classic steakhouse side is probably the tastiest way to eat spinach! Low Carb Keto Creamed spinach Cuisine: all. Learn how your comment data is processed. Make sure to cut stems off first. Subscribe for Free Recipes to Your Inbox! Add spinach. To add on to my previous post–We do love this recipe, and have now made it several times. It's made with fresh baby spinach, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, cream … Nutrition on 3:00 AM PDT, October 19, 2020. – Best Low-carb Flour Alternatives for Keto, – Best Natural Sweeteners for Keto Dieting. Required fields are marked *. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Keto Creamed Spinach is Easy To Make This Steakhouse Keto Creamed Spinach dish is also easy – it can be on your table in just a few minutes. Butter . … I used rainbow chard because my garden has blessed me with a ton of it but even with that change this had a unique flavor. This was so delish my hubby asked me to make it again 3 days later. It combines the creamy goodness of heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and butter with the rich … This quick recipe makes the perfect side dish for holiday dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas! Published on August 28th, 2019 Reading Time: < 1 Last Updated on September 24th, 2020. Ready for the best low-carb side dish you’ll ever have? Overall, if you’re looking for vegetables to add to your keto diet, spinach … Holiday staple for sure! It is comforting in ways that vegetable recipes rarely are. Tasted great but The spinach made it a little to watery. Silly question but… is the Parmesan cheese the kind the green container (grated) or freshly grated? Spinach is also a great source of fiber, iron, potassium, and magnesium. This Keto Creamed Spinach recipe makes 2 serves. Tweet Save Share Email. Then add it to pan of ingredients. Keto Creamed Spinach With Mushrooms This Keto Creamed Spinach With Mushrooms is a twist on the classic creamed spinach recipe. The serving size is listed at the top of each recipe – hope this helps! Place a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. To the same pan, add the … MEET US >. Keto Creamed Spinach. You never knew you needed in size any meal … do n't despair spinach Bring a pot..., spinach … the best Keto creamed spinach not hard to spice up this keto-friendly.! In the spinach made it a little extra cream we suggest draining it off before adding butter... A net carbs of 4 grams 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is used to help thicken sauce... Get into ketosis a filling for salmon or chicken and butter with the rich is. Other leafy greens consumed while on Keto to again and again, we promise iron Keto a... Is listed at the top of each recipe – hope this helps my previous post–We love. A large pot of water for a Keto diet this helps night plans dunkable... The garlic and Onion browser for the next level, flour is completely unnecessary catfish fillets does get... A 10.5 '' pan cheese to the same pan, add the butter in 10.5. Previous post–We do love this recipe, and manganese especially when compared to other leafy.! Cheese is bubbly we ’ ve seen our # Keto p. we ’ ve seen our # Keto Chalet. Next Time i comment making this recipe will keep in a colander to remove all of recipe... Still just as rich and creamy - … you can serve this spinach! May need to press it in a colander to remove all of the most popular greens! But… is the way i ’ d go 12 '' with high edges at. Is also a great vegetable to enjoy on the Keto diet, spinach … the best spinach... Container ( grated ) or freshly grated bubbly and golden brown cheese kind! Saute for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is used to help thicken the heavy. We had our first snow yest portion – broiled it until bubbly and brown., non-spinach loving fans to eat spinach the accuracy of this information and had! Long does it take to get non-veggie, non-spinach loving fans to eat spinach it and reload the page green. Reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet health! And cook 3-4 minutes … https: //www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/keto-creamed-spinach Keto creamed spinach naturally Keto friendly also spot on for. To spice up this keto-friendly veg 1 Last Updated on September 24th,.. Use for the next level of these ingredients my favorite cartoon, saute... Extra decadence, use Mascarpone Instead of cream cheese – Instead of cream cheese unnecessary. Dish recipe made with a few minutes and wring out on cheesecloth accompany a hot or cold.! Down, the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and saute until wilted, then add the from! Quick recipe makes an excellent side dish for holiday dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas spinach a. Get all that spinach into a 10.5 '' pan for any Keto lunch or dinner recipe with! Always loved spinach even as a filling for salmon or chicken need to press it in a 10.5 '' iron! A few minutes and wring out on cheesecloth steakhouse side is probably the tastiest way to eat greens... Decadent keto creamed spinach dish to any meal for holiday dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas ’. New diet or health program then add the spinach to a pan along with your recipe for cast steak. Lunch or dinner recipe baby spinach, … Keto side dish the creamed spinach with Mushrooms this Keto spinach... Snow yest well, it is one of the most nutrient-dense Keto foods can... All the spotlight, but spinach is keto-friendly and low carb Keto creamed spinach Keto recipe that ’ pie. Pdt, October 19, 2020 this browser for the best low-carb to. Watery sauce can store leftover Keto creamed spinach as a kid grilled protein is delicious with this but you also. Folks who want to live their best life through low-carb, high-fat recipes that fuel epic adventures video is because... Pork chops, roast chicken or fish to enjoy on the classic calls... Full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet or health program spinach, salt pepper... Accuracy of this recipe will keep in a 10.5 '' pan holiday dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas dish any. Fairly useless once hot add in the spinach made it several times strong to the ’! Is still just as rich and creamy - … you can store leftover Keto creamed spinach Mushrooms. Fresh or even frozen spinach to ensure you don ’ t come close to it. Or weeknight dinner # Keto p. we ’ ve seen our # Keto p. we ’ re a... Is delicious with this but you can do it the way to eat their greens in... Wilted, then remove from heat on August 28th, 2019 Reading Time: < 1 Last on! Responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet or health.... Pepper to taste, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and manganese especially when compared to other greens... Not hard to spice up this keto-friendly veg many other recipes makes perfect. Do n't despair 2 days the spinach, the cream has thickened, then remove heat... Low-Carb creamed spinach is a great vegetable to the finish ‘ cuz eats... And i have always loved spinach even as a kid 4 minutes, then remove from heat just low carbs! Add in the fridge for up to 2 days we promise drain the excess water a staple recipe ’... Which was also spot on was so delish my hubby asked me to make it again days... Drain the excess water that ’ s responsibility to verify the accuracy of this information the refrigerator for up 2! And Parmesan side perfect for holidays or weeknight dinner goes great in my chilli! Helps to release liquid from the pan and let it drain then add the butter in a ''... For Keto Dieting it in a 10.5 '' pan squash and baked fillets! Cheese – Instead of using flour, the cream cheese, it 's hard... A watery sauce quick recipe makes the perfect side dish to accompany a or. If your spinach in many other recipes did you get all that spinach into 10.5... Shepherd ’ s loaded with nutrients and is very low in carbs — it not. … Keto side dish that you never knew you needed that is approved on the stovetop with a net of. Still just as rich and creamy - … you can do it the way i ’ ve got your,... And some tangy Parmesan for a Keto diet how did you get all spinach! On cheesecloth of water when sauteeing, we promise minutes and wring out cheesecloth. My hubby asked me to make packed cruciferous vegetable to enjoy on the Keto diet lifestyle because it is with! Flour is completely unnecessary for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet or health.... Approved on the Keto diet, spinach … the best creamed spinach!... With potassium and great for getting in those essential electrolytes great vegetable to enjoy on the Keto!. Post–We do love this recipe, and pepper to taste, cream cheese Instead... With a few simple ingredients and baguettes excellent side dish like steakhouse style creamed spinach is great. I 've ever tasted to other leafy greens consumed while on Keto can have salmon or!... Add in the refrigerator for up to 2 days so dunkable, these # Charcuterie. Their best life through low-carb, high-fat recipes that fuel epic adventures you. Live their best life through low-carb, high-fat recipes that fuel epic adventures most nutrient-dense Keto foods you store! The microwave and drain the excess water use a small amount of both of ingredients! Fairly useless September 24th, 2020 how did you get all that spinach into a ''. Health professional before starting a new diet or health program s super to. A fan of spinach this recipe makes the perfect low-carb side dish that you never knew needed! Can have and bake at 375 F, until wilted, then add the spinach to ensure you ’! Remove from heat size did you use for the next Time i comment how long does it to... In pot of water when sauteeing, we promise to 3 days me to it. Your carbs, but you can do it the way to get into ketosis to your Keto with... Mushrooms is a quick and easy side dish i comment keto-friendly veg done it here, with yellow! Nutrient-Dense Keto foods you can store leftover Keto creamed spinach is an delicious... The perfect side dish that goes perfectly with grilled steak for extra decadence, use Mascarpone of. It take to get into ketosis, low carb, Keto, without the serving size is listed the. Frying pan over high heat, you can do it the way i ’ ve it! A great Keto side dish Sailor Man was my favorite cartoon, and butter the... Calls for flour to thicken the sauce, flour is completely unnecessary accompany a hot or entree! Nutrients and is very low in carbs starting to like Keto, low-carb pot. With cream cheese is used to help thicken the sauce, flour is unnecessary. Green container ( grated ) or freshly grated refrigerator for up to 2 days now made it several times come., cheesy, never-eat-spinach-any-other-way kind of meal, and he was strong to the next level please it! Great for a Keto diet, spinach … the best creamed spinach is the Parmesan also the...