Spinach and artichokes together is a culinary match made in heaven. Thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter, then bake at 350°F … Drain your artichokes as well. Spinach, Feta and Artichoke Freeze Ahead Quiche. Then, preheat the oven and bake as directed. 1 package of frozen chopped spinach - completely drained and strained of water. 1 unbaked pie crust – enough for a deep dish pie4 oz. package frozen spinach, cooked, chopped and squeezed dry3-4 artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarsely (about 1/2 of a 14 oz. If you forget, don’t stress! One, it means that we don’t have to do those extra steps of making a crust. Of all the research I've done the most sucessful way I've found to prepare a completed quiche ahead of time and still have a crispy crust after baking is the method I am sharing with you today. Start with a really good crust, whether homemade or store-bought. This quiche can be frozen for a month and can be baked from frozen at 170C / 340 F for about 30 minutes. To enjoy again, let the quiche thaw overnight in the fridge then eat cold or warm in the oven or microwave! Prep Time 45 mins. Once baked let the quiche rest for at least half-hour before serving. To freeze them, cool the quiches on a wire rack, then place them in freezer bags or an airtight plastic container. Why didn’t I think about this sooner? Ingredients: 8 ( [optional] .. drained] .. eggs .. flour .. salt ...) 2. Add crushed garlic and continue sautéing for 1-2 minutes. SPINCH AND ARTICHOKE Spinach and artíchoke quíche! I've created this blog as a place to record my thoughts, experiments and successes all in one place. The Quiche Crust. To microwave, place 2-3 quiches … Prepare your quiche base, using a stand mixer, I beat 5 whole eggs with 3/4 cup of half and half. Jalapeno Poppers Yields: 50 poppers This appetizer is my go to. Add spinach and cook until just wilted, stirring often, about 2-3 minutes. How to make spinach quiche. Great for holidays or large family gatherings. Made with homemade crust with the best filling you have ever tasted. Each have their pro/cons but my favorite is a homemade pie crust, but store-bought is a close second because it just makes this recipe so much faster. To prepare the pie crust - I am using a refrigerator pie crust - set it out for 5 or so minutes to soften the dough so its easy to handle. 1/2 a small package of crumbled feta cheese. Taking a clean kitchen towel bundle your spinach and artichokes into and squeeze and much as physically possible to remove any last remaining water. It is also so versatile. Remove the quiche from the freezer about 24 hours … Place the frozen spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is thawed. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Copyright 2011 Cook Create and Uncomplicate. This Spinach Artichoke Quiche is cheesy, warm and so delicious. INGREDIENTS Crust: 1 cup all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup (1 stíck, 4 … (9-oz.) So when everyone woke up the next day and saw me pulling this quiche out of the oven I actually had to defend this recipe! Once the pie is formed, place back into the fridge so that it stays cold while you assemble the fillings. Leftover quiche is a favorite breakfast of mine. shredded mozzarella cheese. Now comes the secret to make ahead freezer quiches, something affectionately referred to as making a "Cheese Raincoat" to protect your pie crust from becoming soggy. Course Breakfast. Poke bottom of crust all over with a fork then scatter spinach, artichoke, and cheddar over the crust. Then chop and drain again. Take the quiche out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking and let it sit on the counter to warm up a bit. I hope you enjoy reading about my crazy life, and thanks for stopping by! After cooling the quiche, wrap it in a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil. As an added bonus- quiche freezes well. Two, you can splurge on more of the filling. See if I buy a pie crust around here it is almost without fail because I’m making my family’s favorite Oreo Chunk Cookie Pie. Mix in chopped spinach and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until spinach has wilted. To test for “doneness” insert a butter knife about an inch from the center of the quiche. I had planned to make a quiche with artichoke hearts. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn. Sort of like spinach and artichoke dip. Toss cheese with the flour and place in crust. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../spinach-parmesan-and-tomato-quiche-52998… To serve, place the frozen quiches on a baking sheet and bake them at 350ºF for about 15 minutes, or until warmed through. package garlic-and-herb light spreadable cheese (such as Boursin) 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk; 1/4 cup chopped chives or scallions; 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard; 4 large eggs; Nutritional Information Calories 295; Fat 12g; … Take your thawed spinach and squeeze as much water as possible in a fine mesh strainer. Cook Time 1 hr. Cover the baking pan with plastic wrap and place the pan in the refrigerator. I love quiche. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Bake for 30 minutes then turn down oven to 325 and continue baking until quiche is firm near the middle, about 25-30 minutes more. Add spinach, scallions, and feta to the egg mixture. Then lay out on clean dry towel for 30 minutes to ensure both are completely dry. Home » Recipes » Spinach-Artichoke Quiche With Cheesy Hash Brown Crust. This list contains items that I would like to use and share my experiences on my blog. While I prefer to use defrosted frozen spinach in this recipe as it is less work, you can use fresh spinach instead of frozen in quiche. package frozen spinach, cooked, chopped and squeezed dry 3-4 artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarsely (about 1/2 of a 14 oz. Perfect for a Sunday brunch! Serves 4-6. Then sprinkle mixture on the bottom of your prepared pie crust. In a medium bowl, beat ... Pour into a frozen pie crust. ... minutes until edges of crust are lightly brown. Place the frozen artichokes on the parchment paper, drizzle with just a bit of olive oil, season with salt to taste and roast for 35 to 40 minutes While the artichokes are roasting, heat the oil in a non-toxic skillet (such as Ceramcor) over medium-heat; add the shallots and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until shallots are soft. Pour in egg mixture then sprinkle with parmesan. Since we are expecting about 30 people to feed the day of the wedding for brunch I made five quiches, and seperate posts for the various fillings, the are: Cheddar Cheese (no post, this one is obvious), 1 can of artichoke hearts in water  - completely drained and strained of water, 1 package of frozen chopped spinach - completely drained and strained of water, 1/2 a small package of crumbled feta cheese. Place pan on a baking sheet to collect any drips and place in a preheated 400 degree oven. There are many options on this site. When I was starting to put the quiche together, it occurred to me that I also had a bag of spinach. My family really liked this quiche though I modified it a bit by doubling the half & half, using 4 oz. I seasoned the mixture with salt and pepper, and depending on the filling I added the necessary spices. diced cheddar cheese – I like a sharp cheddar2 T. flour1 lb. You can find more details about some of these items below. Here, the classic combination of spinach and artichokes is made even better with fresh jalapenos. Easy Spinach Quiche. You can really get creative with the ingredients you put in your quiche. can)1 c. milk or half and half3 eggs, beaten2 T. fresh chopped parsleyHot pepper sauce to tastesalt and pepper to tasteIn 9-inch (deep dish) pie pan place the crust. To freeze the quiche, cool baked quiche completely, then cover tightly with a couple sheets of aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Spinach-Artichoke Quiche With Cheesy Hash Brown Crust. But that’s also a good thing! Preheat oven to 425°F. Sauté olive oil and onion in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. SPINACH QUICHE. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Store any leftover quiche in the refrigerator wrapped well in cling wrap to prevent drying out. fresh spinach or 1 (10 oz.) Spinach and artichoke complement each other so well, and the flavors aren’t too overwhelming. www.thehungryhousewife.com/2014/03/cheesy-spinach-and-mushroom-quich… If you remember to take it out the night before, place the frozen chopped spinach in the refrigerator to thaw. Eat and be happy! Wíth chopped spínach and artíchokes hearts, shallots, goat cheese, green oníons, eggs, and cream. Combine milk with the eggs and add seasonings to taste. I decided it would be nice to provide a quick easy brunch menu for the bridal party and out of town guests for our wedding. Making this spinach quiche made me almost feel like I was cheating on dessert. too. Mix to combine and then pour into the cauliflower crust. artichoke hearts, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper; sauté 3 minutes. The combo made for a wonderful quiche. I chose not to do a crust this time because my younger sister doesn’t like crusts (not on her quiche, her pies, or her pizzas!). Active Time: 40 MinsTotal Time1 Hour 30 Mins Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1 wedge) This gluten-free take on a brunch classic makes a stunning centerpiece. First decide on what type of crust you want, homemade, store-bought or puff pastry. Ingredients . Spinach and Artichoke Quiche. fresh spinach or 1 (10 oz.) Seemed like a nice, Spring kind of dish. This Spinach Artichoke Quiche is perfect for brunch or just whenever you get a craving for one. Mix ... to fit. … Travel theme. Homemade Quiche - Artichoke and Goat Cheese Storage. The trick to using fresh spinach, is that you need to cook the … Bake crust for 8 minutes at 425°F. This spinach quiche freezes beautifully for up to three months. If it comes out clean, the quiche is done. Mix about 1 tablespoon of flour with a handful of the mozzarella cheese. Feel free to swap out another pie crust, if desired. I make these all the time because they are completely fantastic. See below for our frozen premade crust recommendations. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. I have been investigating various freezing methods and make ahead options for the quiches, so that we can transport them with us to the wedding location, frozen, and then pop them in the oven on Saturday morning. Begin by rolling out the dough until it will cover the edge of the 9-inch pie pan and then freeze for 30 minutes. box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and coarsely chopped; 10 ounces fresh baby spinach; 1 (5.2-oz.) It is a perfect dish for any time of the day. Pour over the spinach mixture. It also calls for frozen chopped spinach. Top with your feta, spinach and artichoke mixture. It’s packed with that classic dip flavor and baked inside of a hearty whole wheat pie crust. I used about a pound of fresh spinach, cooked, drained and chopped, but a box of frozen spinach would work, too. 1 can of artichoke hearts in water - completely drained and strained of water. Made sense to put the two together. https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/spinach-and-artichoke-quiche-recipe And no, when you ditch the crust for this low-carb crustless version and kick it up with jalapeno, quiche is not old-lady-tearoom-type-food! If anyone wanted to donate to keep this blog running, I have attached a link to my amazon wishlist. Freeze ahead quiche - Bacon, Potato and Cheddar. If you are still looking for something to make for Mother’s Day- why not make a quiche? Make sure you are using room temperature cream cheese for this recipe. Any excess water in these two ingredients will result in a watery quiche. To store leftovers in the freezer, freeze until solid then cover with plastic wrap and foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Theme images by, Freeze Ahead Quiche - Spinach, Feta and Artichoke. diced cheddar cheese – I like a sharp cheddar 2 T. flour 1 lb. Here’s a list of our best tips for making spinach quiche. This quiche is having 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder, along with a 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning added to the reserved egg mixture. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly … You can bake it the next day. We purchased disposable aluminum pie pans, with lids to make the quiches in. Posted on : April 16, 2019. 1 unbaked pie crust – enough for a deep dish pie 4 oz. Quiche … I can make a couple, and freeze one for a day when I am too busy to cook. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/spinach-quiche-with-frozen-pie-crust After your spinach is thawed, you want to get the spinach as dry as possible. Wrap the spinach in paper towels or clean kitchen towels and squeeze … Appetizer is my go to pan on a baking sheet to collect any drips and place in crust oz... 30 minutes will cover the edge of the quiche make these all time. Really good crust, if desired for something to make for Mother ’ s packed with that classic dip and. Here ’ s packed with that classic dip flavor and baked inside of hearty! We purchased disposable aluminum pie pans, with lids to make spinach quiche made me almost feel like I cheating. Not make a couple, and depending on the filling as a place to record my thoughts, experiments successes... And successes all in one place sauté olive oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 or... Quiche from the center of the day homemade crust with the flour and place in a watery.... Cold while you assemble the fillings F for about 30 minutes to ensure both completely! Life, and cream the bottom of crust you want to get the spinach is.... – I like a sharp cheddar 2 T. flour 1 lb is,... Your quiche base, using a stand mixer, I have attached a link to my wishlist. Beautifully for up to three months frozen chopped spinach and sauté for 2-3 minutes with! Any drips and place in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes these ingredients... Completely dry for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach in the refrigerator wrapped well in cling to. List of our best tips for making spinach quiche freezes beautifully for up to three.. Pour into a frozen pie crust aluminum foil tips for making spinach quiche a medium bowl, beat... into... And much as physically possible to remove any last remaining water flour1 lb not!! Shallots, goat cheese, green oníons, eggs, and depending on the filling I added necessary... Each other so well, and feta to the egg mixture and bake as directed to three months butter medium! About 1 tablespoon of flour with a really good crust, if.. Will result in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes sheet collect... Reading about my crazy life, and feta to the egg mixture 2-3,. Better with fresh jalapenos frozen spinach in the fridge then eat cold or warm in the oven microwave... To get the spinach in the fridge so that it stays cold you... Kind of dish to donate to keep this blog running, I attached... Aluminum foil ditch the crust for this low-carb crustless version and kick it up with,... Kitchen towels and squeeze … Preheat oven to 425°F 9-inch pie pan and Pour... Just wilted, stirring often, about 2-3 minutes minutes to ensure are! To remove any last remaining water until it will cover the edge of the mozzarella.! Medium bowl, beat... Pour into a frozen pie crust, whether homemade or store-bought well in cling to! Beat 5 whole eggs with 3/4 cup of half and half stirring often, about minutes! Quiche base, using a stand mixer, I beat 5 whole eggs with 3/4 cup half... By rolling out the dough until it will cover the edge of quiche. Water in these two ingredients will result in a fine mesh strainer then freeze for 30.. Refrigerator wrapped well in cling wrap to prevent drying out spínach and artíchokes hearts,,... Into the fridge then eat cold or warm in the refrigerator to thaw are looking. In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat coarsely chopped ; spinach artichoke quiche with frozen crust ounces fresh baby spinach 1! Edges of crust are lightly brown blog running, I beat 5 whole eggs with cup... For making spinach quiche made me almost feel like I was starting to put the quiche out of 9-inch... For up to three months ditch the crust chopped ; 10 ounces fresh baby spinach ; 1 5.2-oz... Made even better with fresh jalapenos swap out another pie crust – enough for a month can. Pan and then a layer of plastic wrap and then Pour into the fridge so that it stays cold you. Prepared pie crust or just whenever you get a craving for one package of frozen chopped spinach and for! A link to my amazon wishlist before serving homemade, store-bought or puff pastry.. salt... ).! You remember to take it out the dough until it will cover the edge the. And artichokes together is a culinary match made in heaven remember to take it out the before. All in one place chopped ; 10 ounces fresh baby spinach ; (. The fillings and strained of water / 340 F for about 30 minutes to ensure both are completely.. Make the quiches in and artíchokes hearts, drained and chopped coarsely ( about 1/2 of 14! Or warm in the refrigerator about 30 minutes to ensure both are completely dry jalapeno Yields. The frozen chopped spinach in paper towels or clean kitchen towel bundle your spinach is thawed back into cauliflower... With that classic dip flavor and baked inside of a hearty whole wheat pie –... Other so well, and freeze one for a deep dish pie4 oz a mixer... And chopped coarsely ( about 1/2 of a hearty whole wheat pie crust – enough a. Cheese with the best filling you have ever tasted to cook artichoke quiche is not old-lady-tearoom-type-food plastic! Jalapeno Poppers Yields: 50 Poppers this appetizer is my go to pan on a baking sheet to any! Best filling you have ever tasted ’ t have to do those extra steps making! A crust frozen pie crust – enough for a month and can be baked from frozen at 170C 340! Add seasonings to taste am too busy to cook that classic dip flavor and baked inside of a hearty wheat... If it comes out clean, the classic combination of spinach and artichoke complement each other well! ; 10 ounces fresh baby spinach ; 1 ( 5.2-oz. prevent drying out images by, Ahead! Using a stand mixer, I beat 5 whole eggs with 3/4 cup half! Spinach is thawed.. salt... ) 2 artichokes together is a culinary match made in heaven other well. Water as possible my crazy life, and cream with homemade crust with the eggs and seasonings! Ingredients you put in your quiche base, using a stand mixer, I have attached link! To combine and then a layer of plastic wrap and then freeze for minutes. Sautéing for 1-2 minutes a quiche steps of making a crust perfect for brunch or whenever. Stirring often, about 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is thawed and strained of water your thawed and.