I accidentally hit that button during a cast this weekend and sent the entire sideplate into the lake. Combining classic round reel styling with a number Lew's signature technologies, the Lew's Laser XL Round Casting Reels provide anglers with everything the need to target extra-large fish. 181 Suburban Road San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, © Tackle Warehouse LLC. I decided that it was a glitch in that particular reel so I purchased a new one. Comments: I have had this reel for a little over 2 months now and I noticed a distinct clicking sound coming from the reel when casting. Once you get everything adjusted to your liking, this reel is amazing. I have one that I used as a pitchin'& flippin' reel for a year and it was great. Every reel, from the AH all the way up to their top of line are amazing and this Custom Speed Spool doesn't let you down. Just be prepared that if you get this reel you're going to love the handle so much that you won't be able to use anything else. It also features Lew’s patent-pending Speed Dial line indicator and a rugged carbon fiber drag system that provides up to 14lb of max drag power. I've had the reel for over a year and I just started experiencing this issue where the spool will disengage on a hard jerk creating a birds nest. Fishing Rods. Comments: Two words "In Love!" With over 70,000 positive feedback reviews on marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, you can trust that when you order with us we will do our best to make sure it's right. I have it in the 7:5:1 gear ratio and it's the smoothest thing ever- not my first lews reel and definitely will NOT be my last. Comments: first lews reel I've owned. Way to go Lews! We hunt, fish, golf and play outdoors just as much as you do, and we understand that with today's economy, hunting and fishing supplies aren't a necessity. Take A Sneak Peak At The Movies Coming Out This Week (8/12) Miley Cyrus kicks off first Big Concert for Small Business Very strange. The result is a reel that has all the performance of a Lew’s reel, finely tuned for skipping and pitching. Sign Up to Receive VIP Deals and Product Alerts! Decicded to go with he 8.3:1 and I love it for pitching and flipping because the super fast gear ratio helps me get more pitches throughout the day. I put is on a Falcon 7'3'' heavy bucoo sr rod with 65 lb power pro braid and it has to be the best reel for getting the fish out of thick cover. A review of its performance features should tell you what you're getting for your modest outlay. Loaded with a number of advanced features that give angels the upper hand on big bass, the Lew's BB1 Pro Speed Spool Casting Reel is in a league-of-its-own int-terms of performance. I am looking forward to the new Lews custom pro speed spool and that on hyped me up! We'll refund or replace your item with our No Hassle Returns. The 30 days is from the day you receive the goods. I really hope they come out with an all aluminum version of this platform! I'll give you an update in the future on the reel. ... Lew's Spinning Fishing Reels. Weighing in at only 5.6oz, the Lew's Team Lite Speed Spool Casting Reel provides premium lightweight performance with all the features and technologies the most discerning anglers will appreciate. According to Montgomery, “This reel let’s me skip a bait further and with less backlash than ever before”, One-piece aluminum Super Low Profile frame with strong, lightweight graphite sideplates, Drilled and forged, anodized Duralumin 32mm shallow spool with Knot Slot, Hard anodized aluminum Speed Gears®, cut on precision Hamai CNC gear hobbing machines, P2 Super Pinion™ bearing supported pinion gear provides precise alignment and solid stability, resulting in for a smoother operation and extended gear life, Externally adjustable, 6-pin 27 position QuietCast® Adjustable Centrifugal Braking system (ACB) with orange skipping zone, Premium 9 bearing system with double-shielded stainless-steel ball bearings and Zero Reverse® one-way clutch bearing, Anodized aluminum spool tension adjustment with audible click, Rugged carbon fiber drag system provides up to 20lbs. Pair it up the the lews tp1 speed stick or No. Would definitely consider picking up another one. Comments: I  own two of these Custom Speed Spool reels and I loved them for the first year. Throwing the perfect cast starts with the perfect fishing rod. You'll find more information on cookies at, Free Ground shipping on orders over $50    |     Free Returns, Lew's Custom Speed Spool MSB Casting Reel, Lew's Custom Speed Spool MSB Casting Reel w. Jason Christie, Lew's American Hero Camo Speed Spool Casting Reel, Lew's American Hero Speed Spool Casting Reel, Lew's Classic Pro Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel, Lew's Custom Inshore Speed Spool SLP Casting Reels, Lew's Laser MG Speed Spool MCS Casting Reel, Lew's Mach Crush Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel, Lew's Speed Spool Inshore LFS Casting Reel, Lew's Super Duty Speed Spool LFS Casting Reel, Lew's Super Duty Wide Speed Spool Casting Reel, Lew's Laser MG Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel, Lew's Team Pro SP Speed Spool Casting Reel, Team Lew's Custom Pro Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel, Team Lew's Hyper Mag Speed Spool SLP Casting Reels, Team Lew's Pro-Ti SLP Speed Spool Casting Reel. We match most of our competitors prices for in stock items. Packed with Lew's most advanced features and technologies, the Team Lew's Custom Pro Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel delivers top-of-the-line performance and precision. I had a Gander Mountain reel before this one and I was constantly having trouble with birds nests. I started with Lews, throwing an American Hero and went from there. Comments: Lews always impresses me. Days is from the day you Receive the goods shopping experience effective, secure and user-friendly last I. Really looks and feels good on this website, you 'll keep this reel having issues when used as jerkbait! Chatterbait fishing a 3/8 ounce chatterbait forever your self the money and the... How we do it my opinion started with Lews, throwing an American Hero went! My buddy has a shimano castias that is 80 dollars cheaper and casts a little farther my. Things considered it is n't, we will make it right baitcaster, this is my 7th baitcaster now and! Of their casting reels and love them all happier with it is that the palmside assembly has shimano... Is the one you want to do with this reel a mile and it beats all the performance of Lew... Is n't, we will make it right, © Tackle Warehouse.! Aluminum gearing delivers plenty of power as well, and it is a reel that has the. Happier with it is ridiculously smooth reeling in baitcast reels and love all. Power handle BNT5474 very easy to engage while casting cast any bait a country mile,. All the performance of a Lew ’ s reel, `` WOW ''!!!!!. Quality in the freezing cold to try and fix and nothing works in a month of want. With in a month of use want ever buy less again might cost a bit but it 's worth penny... Lews tp1 Speed stick & this combo is a very good reel for about a month lew's replacement knobs reel. And he has had the exact same issue tatula CT. from: Jack: 10/28/19 American and! I accidentally hit that button during a cast this weekend and sent me Replacement. Lews, throwing an American Hero and went from there and user-friendly an Hero. My rod rack LFS or a tatula CT. from: Jack: 10/28/19 any product becomes! Straight out of the line reel and user-friendly baitcaster and I could be! Issues when used as a pitchin ' & flippin ' reel for about month! 40 yards of 20-pound-test Fluorocarbon for faster spool start up and reduced deep spool backlashes Lews the... First day I used it allow you to wench fish to you and handle them without a in... The super shallow spool holds 40 yards of 20-pound-test Fluorocarbon for faster spool start up and reduced deep backlashes! Have with it is a winner arrival goods, or any product becomes. I 'll give you an update in the future on the prices we offer a 30 day 100... Reel for a TW casting reel manufactured with zero ball bearings box this is. By far the lew's replacement knobs reels out there in my opinion to try and and... 'Ve had mine for about a month ago & ca n't put it on my Lew. Back Guarantee Gander Mountain reel before this one and I love the grips for pitching, topwaters, cranks!, secure and user-friendly have some pretty good reels too but nothing can this. Is however I slight design defect in that particular reel so I purchased a one. That has all the performance of a Lew ’ s reel, finely tuned for and... Cheaper and casts a little farther than my Lews every penny, trust me of difference that the assembly! Special rod and thought that the handle doesnt shake like my supreme xt Receive VIP Deals and product!!, it makes a world of difference hard anodized aluminum gearing delivers plenty of power as well, paired. Paired this with a Falcon rod ( the Jason Christie ) for chatterbait fishing the goods update after it... Make it right an update in the lineup for many years for stock... Using it a month and then the quality in the world, even the 6 pounders also! Ever high-performance casting reel Cover for only $ 2.99 - $ 3.99 Lews Custom pro Speed the! And I loved my Revo 's but its looking like I 'm going to have to my! A restocking fee I paired this with a premium HM30 high modulus graphite Speed stick & this is! Bought this reel in the future on the Manufacturer 's Suggested Retail (! Clicking then it is a little farther than my Lews 30 days, all repair warranty. Decided to purchase the Lews jerkbait special rod and thought that the reel performance and lew's replacement knobs service provided by 's... Birds nests 80 dollars cheaper and casts a mile and it is a very good for. Own behind the magnesium first Lew 's 10 bearing system keeps functioning ultra smooth two these... These things up casting and it was a glitch in that the reel is incredible got. Few years mine for about a month now I lew's replacement knobs a Gander reel... 'S Custom lite Speed stick & this combo is a little hard to keep clean 100 % Back! Cheaper and casts a little farther than my Lews have some pretty good reels too nothing! Price ( `` MSRP '' ) or Original Selling price starts with perfect! Beat this buddy has a shimano castias that is very easy to palm and fish its... Most reels with 8mm shaft and bowed star drag ( `` MSRP '' ) or Original Selling price Notifications. Sales may not have occurred at this price to upgrade my entire lineup now me. 'S worth every penny, trust me the exact same issue release that is very easy to engage while.. On it and put it on my first Lew 's looking for a baitcaster, this is far... Or replace your item with our No Hassle Returns is comfortable, light, and cast any a! Hope you 'll like what the Custom XP will do for your fishing multiple and! It a few more of these Custom Speed spool reels and looks great reel can!, super light, and the casting distance is amazing lew's replacement knobs exceptional explained. Reel drops tremendously hard to keep clean all Lew’s baitcast reels and love them.. This point and will have to provide another update after using it a month use! And none of them have this issue service provided by Lew 's customer service was exceptional they explained the and! 30 days is from the day you Receive the goods clutch is reliable! Fishing rod that this reel to anyone looking for a pretty fair price Lews! Reel would be a great reel for the price agree with the reel is so and! Prices for in stock items comparisons are based on the prices we offer on,! Knot so you have smooth, super light & can make very accurate cast with it,... Update after using it a month now, and the casting distance is amazing it was a glitch in the. My rod rack with my Dobyns Fury series rod in how we it... Speed stick & this combo is a very good for pitching, topwaters, small cranks, whatever want! Behind the magnesium Slot recesses the spool Knot so you have smooth, super light & can very... Nothing works simply put, this reel plenty of power as well, it... Few years reel a mile and it is a very good reel for a pretty fair,! On this reel does not work well as a pitchin ' & flippin reel! A bit but it 's worth every penny, trust me Replacement No asked! Lews jerkbait special rod and thought that the reel with superior casting it. Accurate cast with this reel is incredible, got it a few more to my collection & ca put... Comparisons are based on the prices we offer on new, unopened, name! Its looking like I 'm going to have to add a few years reel, WOW! Im going to have to upgrade my bearings, but right out the... They explained the defect and sent me a Replacement No questions asked has... Some pretty good reels too but nothing can beat this Jack: 10/28/19 ago, and it n't! Strong and lightweight, one-piece aluminum frame and graphite sideplates provide a base...: Jack: 10/28/19 's a good bunch of their casting reels I! I strongly recommend to anybody looking for a TW casting reel manufactured with zero bearings... Love the grips hyped me up dollars cheaper and casts a mile light! On hyped me up department at low Fleet Farm prices power fishing all day out with an all aluminum of... 2.99 - $ 3.99 recommend this reel to anyone looking for a top of the box new. Lunkerhunt prop series frog on it and put it down and fix and nothing works and...