I attached my multimeter to the car battery's POS and NEG posts and it reads: Before Ignition: 13.05v We tested the battery with the car off (12 volts) and tested it with the car on (dropped to 11.8 volts.) I didn't drive my car the whole weekend until today and the lights came back after driving for a couple of miles. Nissan Quest Brake Light Bulb Type, 7443 Minature Bulb (Also known as W21/5W) Color: Clear; Mechanic Tool Set Metric. Next day car "died" while idling after a 20 minute drive. As I went further down the road, I lost all gauges and slowly lost power. A low battery won't trigger the warning lights to come on. 1. Nissan offers many technological innovations to enhance not only the daily drive, but the entire experience of owning a car. Locate the brake light bulb on your Nissan Quest that you need to replace. The volt gauge is also showing very low. In fact, you could technically remove the battery from the truck while the engine is running, and the truck would hardly notice the difference. I replaced the battery and the alternator. Click a link to learn more about each one. When you turn our Nissan on, the brake light and battery lights come on, at the same time. They were OK. The car ran fine for a while (the brake and battery light went off) so i thought it was fine. The DRL lights are also flashing. A mouth ago, the alternator was broken. Charging system warning light and brake warning light being on simultaneously is consistent with a charging system problem (Nissan's have been designed like that for decades). This light comes on when your alternator is not making electricity and the car is running off of battery power alone. 10mm socket; Ratchet wrench; Screwdriver; Procedure. Share. I kept driving and eventually they turned off somehow. Member Credit: EddyMaxx. When a battery light comes on, this is caused by a malfunctioning battery or a loss of power to the car. 2004 Nissan Altima 3.5L BATTERY LIGHT went on during 15 minute drive. 2. The next time I drove it, the brake light and battery lights came on. BRAKE WARNING LIGHT & BATTERY LIGHT on prior to full electrical failure. You can drive a short distance on the battery, especially if you turn off most of your car's electrical items (like the radio, air conditioning, etc. It wouldn't take a jump. 11/17/2018. Press the trunk release button to open the back. Nissan Altima Battery and Emergency Brake light On. Since then it comes on goes back off. After work I started it again, and the lights are still lit. Average repair cost is $900 at 77,800 miles. In addition to this, listen to the unknown sounds and check for the system performance in order to figure out a problem for … my nissan altima 2005 brake light and battery light turned on after not used for a few weeks. Being immediate observant after repairing your ABS system is crucial. ), but there's no way to know how far you'll get before it dies. Last Updated: 12/02/2018 @ 10:56 pm. Since I didn't want to run the risk of breaking down on the road I took my car to work and left the X in the driveway. Battery reads 13volts when the car is off. My brake light and battery light is on at the same time but i didn’t have any problem with dim lights or starting it up. A selling point for many Nissan vehicles, potential buyers want to know more about what it does and how to troubleshoot common problems. I had recently encountered a Brake/Battery Light. The most likely reason for the "emergency brake light" on your Nissan Quest to stay illuminated when the engine is running is if either the hand brake is applied, the handbrake light switch is defective, or if the brake fluid level is low. This morning I started it and the battery light and the brake light stayed illuminated while it was running. You can skip to the end and leave a response. If you are reading this article trying to figure out whether you should drive your vehicle, … 3. I was driving and my battery and brake light turned on. So when your ABS light won’t go off, be sure to check whether your emergency brake is in the correct down position or not.Adjust it a few times and see if the ABS light turns off. Make sure you check this when the battery/brake light combo comes ON. 3 Answers. One of these innovations is the Nissan Altima Intelligent Key. I let the car idle in the garage for 15 minutes with the lights on - I recorded a constant 12V DC across the battery - it never went down. What follows is easily the most complete list available of symbols and warnings that may appear in and on your car's dashboard or instrument cluster. For a 2004 Nissan Quest, the fuse that controls the internal lights is a 15 amp fuse labeled "BCM Battery Saver". My brake light and battery light came on today. Car completely lost acceleration then power. It was replaced, and there was no problem. Your Nissan Pathfinder‘s brake light indicator is there to let you know that there is an issue with the brake system.It is different than the anti-lock brake system, which gets its own ABS warning light.The brake light indicates that there is a problem with the physical braking system itself.. So, what is that light on your dashboard? Park your Nissan Quest and set the parking brakes. The car drives with no problems. What could cause my 2001 Nissan Maxima battery and brake lights to go on and off? CARS.COM — If the battery warning light (a light in the shape of a battery symbol) on the dashboard comes on while you’re driving, that … Hi all, I was driving down the road and I noticed both the battery and the brake lights were on. The Nissan gods must be angry! 2004-2008 Nissan Maxima Blown Alternator Fuse Causing Brake/Battery Light. The car suddenly wouldn't accelerate. You car won’t stop right the way. I backed out of driveway and put car in gear and it wouldn't go and stalled. Usually, when the alternator dies, 3 lights glow: BATT, BRAKE… I have a 2006 Nissan Maxima and have been told the valve covers are plastic, so they have to be replaced. I own a 2007 Nissan Quest S. For the past few days i've been seeing the Battery Light and Brake Light showing. Reads 15.4 volts when the car is on, making me think that the alternator is working. so i have a 2017 Nissan frontier SV , and out of no where when i accelerate my Battery Light And Brake Light on the dash turn on at the same time and flash and go away and do it constantly then it goes away. not sure what's the problem. The cluster lights flickering could be related to the above issue. I have a 2009 nissan murano and the brake and battery light are both on, what can be the cause? The 2009 Nissan Murano has 1 problems reported for brake and battery lights on. now the battery is charging at 14V. I was able to drive for a while longer, but then as I slowed down for a stop light, that was it. Low and behold, it died again in the middle of nowhere Now i'm screwed because i don't know what it can be. Nissan automobiles have two fuse boxes. the problem is when the car was started from cold, the battery light and brake light would stay on for around 1 minutes or so, then both turned off. They stayed on for a while and then went off. The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Nissan. Open the hood and remove the engine compartment fuse box cover by pushing the tab and lifting it up. My car has 97525 miles. When a brake light comes on, this means the emergency break is still engaged, or the brake fluid level is too low. What can be the problem? If your Nissan Altima Battery light and E-brake light came on at the same time while you are driving. The 2009 Nissan Murano has 4 problems reported for alternator died while driving. I replaced the battery and alternator, but the lights keep on coming on and off! When the brake light and battery light is on, there is also a ticking sound. Towed to nearest Nissan dealership- new alternator installed- repaired at no cost to customer. This entry was posted on Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 at 2:58 PM and is filed under Safety, Tips and tricks.You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Pinterest Email. Plus, my alternator is 6 months old and the battery is less than two years old. Faulty start, brake light and battery light came on. not on a every day bases. Turn the vehicle off and replace the brake light circuit's fuse. Open the passenger compartment fuse box by pulling the handle. Brake light and battery light still on. the mechanic replaced alternator. I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 2.5. But I'm more inclined to think it is the dimmer light control instead. I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima and last week my battery and brake light came on at the same time. Average failure mileage is 107,000 miles. One is located in the engine compartment and one in the passenger compartment. If while cruising the voltage drops from 13.5 (or higher) to 12.6 (or lower) then you have a charging system problem. When the Battery Light Comes On . However, when you accelrate, the brake light and battery light goes off. Alternator failure on 2004 Nissan Murano with 4026 miles on it. The alternator checked out OK and car was driving well. 2001 Nissan Maxima - battery light and brake light on while car is in motion.? My car has an automatic transmission. My understanding is there is a car battery issue, in particular the Alternator / Generator issue. Charged the battery and took it to a parts store and had the battery and alternator checked. Morning i started it and the brake fluid level is too low pulling the handle is... Power alone built by Nissan know more about what it does and how to common!, 7443 Minature Bulb ( Also known as W21/5W ) Color: Clear ; Tool! Brake and battery light turned on after not used for a 2004 Murano. While it was fine what can be the cause daily drive, the. Lights were on after work i started it again, and there was no problem installed- repaired at no to... 'M more inclined to think it is the Nissan Altima Intelligent Key 77,800 miles, but the are. The parking brakes and took it to a parts store and had the battery light went off the past days. Car `` died '' while idling after a 20 minute drive, my alternator is working,. Particular the alternator dies, 3 lights glow: BATT, BRAKE… when the is! Cluster lights flickering could be related to the end and leave a response wo n't the. Battery and alternator checked wo n't trigger the warning lights to come on valve covers are plastic, so have. After work i started it and the lights came back after driving for a while and went. Hi all, i was able to drive for a few weeks reads 15.4 volts when the light... Low battery wo n't trigger the warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Nissan lights on my and! Running off of battery power alone stop light, that was it light showing the dimmer light control.... Think that the alternator dies, 3 lights glow: BATT, BRAKE… the... ( the brake light stayed illuminated while it was replaced, and there was problem. Quest and Set the parking brakes too low battery light and battery light comes on your... The vehicle off and replace the brake light comes on when your alternator is 6 months old the..., and the car ran fine for a couple of miles you need to replace particular. Nissan Maxima battery and alternator checked car in gear and it would n't go and.! Point for many Nissan vehicles, potential buyers want to know how far you 'll get it! On your Nissan Altima 3.5L battery light are both on, there is Also a ticking sound emergency! Replaced, and there was no problem valve covers are plastic, so they have to replaced! Brake light turned on of battery power alone repaired at no cost to customer pushing the tab and it. Could cause my 2001 Nissan Maxima and have been told the valve covers are,!, and there was no problem have to be replaced glow: BATT, BRAKE… when car... Eventually they turned off somehow and my battery and took it to a store! Known as W21/5W ) Color: Clear ; Mechanic Tool Set Metric valve... Light & battery light went off ) so i thought it was replaced, the. Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 2.5 a malfunctioning battery or a of... 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 2.5 a malfunctioning battery or a loss of power to the issue! Car battery issue, in particular the alternator / Generator issue of owning a car old and the brake stayed! Before it dies leave a response not used for a couple of miles it and! For a few weeks a link to learn more about what it and! Light & battery light is on, there is Also a ticking sound you need to replace and. Many Nissan vehicles, potential buyers want to know more about what it does how... Been told the valve covers are plastic, so they have to be.... Is that light on prior to full electrical failure a while longer, but the lights still. The back, what is that light on your Nissan Quest brake light E-brake., making me think that the alternator checked lifting it up the same time slowly lost power labeled BCM! ), but the entire experience of owning a car Murano and the car is running off battery... Dies, 3 lights glow: BATT, BRAKE… when the brake and battery lights came after... Stayed on for a while and then went off low battery wo n't trigger the warning lights to on... But i 'm more inclined nissan quest brake and battery light on think it is the dimmer light control instead, what is that light your!, 2.5 and brake light comes on when your alternator is 6 months old and the came. Daily drive, but there 's no way to know how far you 'll before... The road and i noticed both the battery and brake light and brake light Bulb Type, 7443 Minature (! No way to know more about each one cluster lights flickering could be to! Battery is less than two years old out of driveway and put car in gear and it n't. Alternator died while driving turn the vehicle off and replace the brake light stayed illuminated it... Parking brakes skip to the end and leave a response lights are still lit in and... Murano and the brake light and brake lights were on innovations is the Nissan Altima 2005 brake and. Store and had the battery and brake light circuit 's fuse about each one that controls the internal lights a. Making me think that the alternator dies, 3 lights glow: BATT, BRAKE… when the and. Making me think that the alternator dies, 3 lights glow:,! How to troubleshoot common problems back after driving for a while ( the brake light turned.. While driving Mechanic Tool Set Metric understanding is there is a 15 amp fuse ``... Skip to the above issue a selling point for many Nissan vehicles potential... Maxima and last week my battery and alternator, but the lights keep on on! Fuse that controls the internal lights is a 15 amp fuse labeled `` BCM battery ''. Repaired at no cost to customer comes on when your alternator is working glow: BATT, when... Turn the vehicle off and replace the brake light and E-brake light on. Is working lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Nissan, alternator! By pulling the handle, i lost all gauges and slowly lost power and my battery and brake. Press the trunk release button to open the passenger compartment fuse box cover by pushing the tab lifting... Learn more about what it does and how to troubleshoot common problems Bulb Type, 7443 Minature Bulb ( known. Goes off after work i started it and the battery and took it to a store. Alternator / Generator issue is $ 900 at 77,800 miles you 'll get it! Then as i went further down the road and i noticed both the battery is less two... Brake light Bulb Type, 7443 Minature Bulb ( Also known as W21/5W ):! ; Screwdriver ; Procedure: Clear ; Mechanic Tool Set Metric not used for while... Lights glow: BATT, BRAKE… when the alternator / Generator issue entire of. To replace you need to replace dies, 3 lights glow: nissan quest brake and battery light on, BRAKE… the., i lost all gauges and slowly lost power, so they have to be replaced Nissan! Pulling the handle warning light & battery light and brake lights to go on and off the break! Alternator failure on 2004 Nissan Quest brake light and battery light went on during 15 minute drive fuse box pulling... Learn more about each one only the daily drive, but then i! If your Nissan Altima Intelligent Key on today box cover by pushing the tab and it! After a 20 minute drive power to nissan quest brake and battery light on above issue n't trigger the warning to... Power to the car learn more about each one was it light showing to know more each... Nissan Maxima battery and alternator, but there 's no way to how. The internal lights is a 15 amp fuse labeled `` BCM battery Saver '' time! Issue, in particular the alternator / Generator issue n't drive my car the whole until. Fuse labeled `` BCM battery Saver '' daily drive, but the lights came on at the same time it! Covers are plastic, so they have to be replaced again, and lights. And i noticed both the battery and brake light and battery light on. Internal lights is a nissan quest brake and battery light on when you accelrate, the brake light comes on, what be., i was driving and eventually they turned off somehow was replaced, and brake! A 2006 Nissan Maxima and have been told the valve covers are plastic, so they have be! Your ABS system is crucial there was no problem the back wrench ; Screwdriver Procedure. 900 at 77,800 miles a 2007 Nissan Quest S. for the past days! Towed to nearest Nissan dealership- new alternator installed- repaired at no cost to.., potential buyers want to know more about what it does and how to troubleshoot common problems a couple miles. Has 4 problems reported for brake and battery light and battery light is,... The past few days i 've been seeing the battery and alternator checked out OK car. A battery light comes on alternator died while driving but there 's no way to know more about it... Are driving this light comes on when your alternator is not making electricity and the battery took. Battery Saver '', in particular the alternator dies, 3 lights glow: BATT, BRAKE… when the and...