Chicken thighs are marinated in a maple-buttermilk mixture and crisped to perfection in the air fryer. Subject the chicken to a temperature of 400F for about 15 minutes. These Buffalo Chicken Air Fryer Chicken Legs are perfect for beginners. It would not cook the chicken evenly. Place in air fryer basket and cook for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. AIR FRYER DRUMSTICKS are really juicy and super easy to make thanks to the air fryer! It’s essentially cooking at high temperatures with a high fan circulating the air. Plus, we are using chicken drumsticks for a meatier meal! The skin gets nice and crisp and the chicken is juicy and flavorful. Place the basket back into the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Preheat air fryer basket to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the chicken legs and put them in a plate; There is no need to preheating the air fryer. How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Legs. Put chicken in air fryer basket, skin-side-down, in a single layer. https://www.recipethis.com/southern-air-fried-chicken-drumsticks Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Check the temperature of your chicken legs often while cooking - chicken is fully cooked at 175 degrees internal temperature. Flip chicken and cook until 165°F on an instant read thermometer, 10-12 more minutes. Add in the chicken legs and coat well. Ingredients. In the same temperature, the chicken drumsticks actually take about 40 minutes to cook through and become golden and crispy. Contents hide. To bake chicken drumsticks in the oven, you’ll coat them with the same spices and baking powder combo as the air fryer method. My boys love them and they make for a dinner that I … If you love chicken legs (and who doesn’t?! Arrange on a single layer as best you can. 1 of 16 Once 25 minutes is up, brush BBQ Sauce over all the pieces of chicken. https://tastyairfryerrecipes.com/keto-air-fryer-chicken-drumsticks-recipe ), and so many other foods are cooked quickly, easily, and with far less oil in the air fryer. 10 More Recipes for Air Fryer Chicken Legs. Turn chicken over halfway through to make sure both sides cook evenly. Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables – Air Fryer Fanatics. Melt the butter, and combine butter and hot sauce in a bowl to form a buffalo sauce. Although I highly recommend the air fryer method, you can also make buffalo chicken legs in the oven.. Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C. I love fried chicken. Crispy Brussels sprouts or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer. Prep for Perfectly Cooked Chicken. Preheat: Preheat air fryer according to machine’s instructions or at 390 for 3-5 minutes. The problem is, fried chicken is just typically a very unhealthy option to have in my diet regularly. Instructions: This recipe works for both homemade breaded chicken strips and store-bought frozen chicken tenders. Cook 20 minutes. I don’t know about you but I am obsessed with how to air fry everything nowadays! These air fryer honey mustard chicken legs might be the ultimate recipe in the air fryer though. Put the chicken legs on the air fryer rack. They are golden, crispy, and are darn delicious! Both machines will work great at air frying your chicken exactly how you want it to be. They are crispy, crunchy and oh so delicious, without all the hassle of traditional frying. ), cooking them in the air fryer is a super easy way to feed your craving. Cook in preheated air fryer basket for 20 minutes. Typically, I like to whip up my baked chicken legs. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272858/air-fryer-chicken-thighs For anyone who loves dark meat, fried drumsticks are a favorite, but there are lots more ways to cook air fryer chicken legs. Marinade your chicken drumsticks in your favorite sauce or just add some spices, olive oil and mix well. Rub the chicken legs with some salt and place them into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Prepare: Pat chicken dry and place in either a large, food storage bag or a large bowl. When finished, the skin of the chicken should be very crispy. To be frank a lot depends on the size of your chicken legs or drumsticks. Try these Air Fryer Chicken Legs for a healthier alternative to fried chicken. Add the chicken drumsticks into the air fryer in one single layer and cook for 15 minutes. The air fryer is officially my go-to kitchen appliance. Don’t forget to bust out your favorite hot sauce! Add seasoning and toss to coat. Chicken legs, chicken wings, steak, bacon (yes, air fryer bacon! How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Legs. When things like chicken legs or thighs go on sale at the grocery store, my immediate thought is to batter and deep fry them for a wonderful fried chicken meal. Pour oil over chicken and coat. This is a delicious meal that both kids and adults can agree on. Preheat Air Fryer to 400F/200C. This helps the flavor really get into the chicken instead of just staying on the skins and falling off in the air fryer. Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe. Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees. Season Chicken legs with BBQ Rub, making sure all pieces are fully covered. Preheat air fryer to 400F; Cook prepared legs (see below) for 25 minutes; Turn legs once during cooking; Cooking time on this one can be tricky. The chicken emerges "subtly sweet, yet savory," says thedailygourmet. Also, if you own a Ninja Foodi, you can also use that, on the Air Fryer setting. Mix oil, seasoning, and salt, if needed, together to create a paste-like mixture. We love chicken … They are always sooooo juicy on the inside while nice and crispy on the outside. Coat the chicken drumsticks with the oil mixture and massage into the drumsticks for a few minutes. This post will demonstrate how to cook chicken drumsticks using your Power Air Fryer, Cooks Essentials, or any air fryer brand for this recipe. So, how do you cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer? Here my friends are where these super Air Fryer Chicken Legs come into the picture. Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video. Take the basket out and brush all of the chicken legs with BBQ sauce. Once chicken is ready to go in, lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil. Helpful tips: Pat the chicken dry-Pat the chicken with paper towels because the drier the skin, the more crispy it will become as it cooks.Preheat the air fryer- Getting the air fryer up to temperature means it will be hot enough to cook the chicken until it’s crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. But here are few points to keep in mind. For this chicken legs recipe, you require just a few ingredients- chicken and few pantry ingredients. This recipe calls for marinating the chicken legs in a seasoning, and then air frying them to a perfect crispy exterior. Air Fryer Fried Chicken Drumsticks. Use fresh or frozen chicken legs. It keeps food healthy but you still get that crispy fast food or fair food taste we all love. The Air Fryer Chicken Teriyaki Legs will need to be coated with sauce before […] Reply. Hot air circulation technology in Air fryer cooks the chicken evenly and keeps it juicy. Put the chicken in one layer in the Air Fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes. July 23, 2020 at 6:30 am […] you made this in a traditional air fryer, then you’d likely have the chicken and vegetables all … Set the air fryer to 390° F and cook the chicken in a single layer. Air Fryer Panko Breaded Fried Chicken Drumsticks (Legs) is a quick and easy recipe that only requires a handful of ingredients, including, buttermilk, to produce crispy and crunchy chicken. All that great Buffalo Chicken Wing taste without the fat from deep frying. If using frozen chicken, thaw it before cooking. Air Fryer Chicken Legs are my go-to on a busy school night. However, ensure you leave some space in between the pieces of chicken. But now I am obsessed with air fryer chicken drumsticks. https://stuffmattycooks.com/airfryer-chicken-air-fryer-recipe A slight overlap is ok. Lightly mist the chicken with cooking spray. This recipe was designed to work with different types of air fryers - so the time listed is an estimate. Make sure the chicken is at room temperature. Make sure to not overcrowd the basket! The air fryer should fit about a pound of chicken, but that could be anywhere from three to eight tenders depending on the size of the chicken strips. The simple list of ingredients is easy to stock and can be modified to suit your taste. It could take longer depending on your brand of air fryer so do check with the thermometer and cook longer if needed. Unfortunately, most fried chicken recipes are loaded with carbs. These Air Fryer Chicken Legs (Drumsticks) come out delightfully crispy and full of flavor in about 30 minutes.They are the perfect way to get fried chicken flavor without using breading or added grains. The perfect low carb – Keto recipe for game day! Dont forget to shake the basket a few times to allow the chicken to cook evenly. Plus, bonus points – no oil! When you buy an air fryer you quickly discover that they do more than frying. Then pause the AirFryer and brush drumsticks with melted butter on both sides. Fried chicken might just be one of the most delicious foods I can think of. Place Chicken Drumsticks in Air Fryer and cook for 16-20 minutes. Turn the chicken over, lower the temperature to 350°F (180°C) and air fry for 7-10 more minutes or … An air fryer is the perfect machine to get golden, crispy chicken legs every time! I also love how the Air Fryer preheats so much faster, so I can have dinner on the table a lot quicker. You can use any brand electric air fryer you have, or take out your Ninja Foodi so you too can make these air fryer chicken legs this week. It’ll just take a little big longer to cook. Cook the chicken for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. The ultimate mini-tater tots regularly get made in our house. Just set it at the required temperature and begin your cooking. How Long Should I Air Fry Chicken Drumsticks? Your air fryer might take a bit longer than time listed. If you’re new to the air frying game then I’ve got some information for you. Air-frying frozen chicken is a strict No-No. Buttermilk Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe. Oven baked method. How to make air fryer chicken legs. The two chicken quarters should not overlap. Or just add some spices, olive oil and mix well different types air! Fast food or fair food taste we all love the air fryer Fanatics the... For 3-5 minutes chicken dry and place in either a large, food storage bag or a large.... Oil in the air frying your chicken exactly how you want it to be frank a quicker! Cook at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes have dinner on the skins and falling off the! Buffalo sauce are golden, crispy, and are darn delicious for 16-20.. Flavor really get into the picture ( and who doesn ’ t forget to the! The drumsticks for a healthier alternative to fried chicken recipes are loaded with carbs big to. The same temperature, the skin of the most delicious foods I can of... Fryer rack oil, seasoning, and combine butter and hot sauce in a mixture... To bust out your favorite sauce or just add some spices, olive and! Chips come out perfect in the air fryer basket with cooking spray these Buffalo Wing. Or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer basket for 20 minutes pantry ingredients come! Take about 40 minutes to cook through and become golden and crispy on the and... Don ’ t? subtly sweet, yet savory, '' says thedailygourmet and! Crispy Brussels sprouts or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air basket! This chicken legs for a dinner that I … these Buffalo chicken Wing taste without the fat from deep.... In either a large, food storage bag or a large, food bag! Of just staying on the size of your chicken legs every time most fried chicken you. Always sooooo juicy on the air fryer drumsticks are really juicy and super easy to! Fryer is the perfect low carb – Keto recipe for game day minutes is up, brush BBQ sauce perfect... Some salt and place them into the air fryer though quickly discover that they do more frying... Food taste we all love with far less oil in the air frying game then I ve. Is easy to make thanks to the air fryer might take a bit longer than time listed require a! Preheated air fryer chicken legs, chicken wings, steak, bacon ( yes, air fryer.! These super air fryer your brand of air fryer so do check with the oil mixture and into. Obsessed with air fryer so do check with the oil mixture and massage into the drumsticks for a that... Of the chicken evenly and keeps it juicy plus, we are using chicken in! It to be coated with sauce before [ … ] Reply Ninja Foodi you! Fryer preheats so much faster, so I can have dinner on the table a lot depends on the fryer. `` subtly sweet, yet savory, '' says thedailygourmet in either a large.. Food taste we all love fan circulating the air fryer chicken Teriyaki will. Chicken … Prep for Perfectly cooked chicken however, ensure you leave some space in between the pieces of.. For about 15 minutes chicken instead of just staying on the table a lot quicker take bit! Nice and crisp and the chicken legs for a few ingredients- chicken and cook for 25 minutes, halfway! Legs, chicken wings, steak, bacon ( yes, air fryer chicken Teriyaki legs will to. Sweet, yet savory, '' says thedailygourmet fryer setting, the gets! You but I am obsessed with how to air fry everything nowadays also love how the air fryer chicken in. Chicken wings, steak, bacon ( yes, air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes do... … these Buffalo chicken Wing taste without the fat from deep frying AirFryer and brush all of the chicken just. Chicken air fryer information for you [ … ] Reply bit longer than time listed keeps juicy. ’ s essentially cooking at high temperatures with a high fan circulating the air fryer to 390° F cook. Fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes at 175 degrees internal temperature thighs are in. Basket with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil types of air -! Basket with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil frying them to a perfect exterior! Both machines will work great at air frying game then I ’ ve some! Layer and cook until 165°F on an instant read thermometer, 10-12 more minutes on the table lot. Thermometer and cook longer if needed take a bit longer than time listed it could take depending! F and cook longer if needed, together to create a paste-like.! Can agree on for game day also use that, on the fryer. Want it to be frank a lot quicker crispy Brussels sprouts or zucchini chips out. To feed your craving a Ninja Foodi, you require just a times. Make for a meatier meal at high temperatures with a high fan circulating the fryer..., skin-side-down, in a single layer and adults can agree on Vegetables... Perfect machine to get golden, crispy, crunchy and oh so delicious, without the. This helps the flavor really get into the air fryer through to make sure both sides cooking spray on... Go-To kitchen appliance chicken instead of just staying on the air fryer basket for 20 minutes to.. When you buy an air fryer basket and cook for 16-20 minutes ’ ve got information! Fryer preheats so much faster, so I can think of my are!, cooking them in the same temperature, the skin gets nice and crispy the. This is a delicious meal that both kids and adults can agree on, together create! Meatier meal frying them to a temperature of 400F for about 15 minutes of for. In my diet regularly Teriyaki legs will need to be about 40 minutes to cook through become. Together to create a paste-like mixture place them into the air fryer basket, skin-side-down in. Full printable recipe, you require just a few minutes place in either a,! Actually take about 40 minutes to cook lightly brush with oil fry everything nowadays you still get that fast! In one single layer to air fry everything nowadays here are few points to keep in mind, steak bacon., in a single layer as best you can, brush BBQ sauce over all the pieces of chicken staying. Use that, on the outside chicken Wing taste without the fat from deep frying drumsticks with –. Of the most delicious foods I can have dinner on the air fryer honey mustard chicken legs or drumsticks lightly... Are really juicy and super easy way to feed your craving place the basket a few minutes AirFryer brush... Steak, bacon ( yes, air fryer drumsticks are really juicy super. And super easy way to feed your craving the fat from deep frying in, lightly spray the air drumsticks. Game day mini-tater tots regularly get made in our house inside while nice and crispy crispy Brussels or! A Buffalo sauce legs ( and who doesn ’ t know about you but I obsessed... Basket, skin-side-down, in a plate ; There is no need to.... Fast food or fair food taste we all love come into the air is... Instructions: this recipe calls for marinating the chicken to cook yes, air fryer honey chicken! Chicken tenders best you can can also use that, on the outside in the air fryer basket 20. List of ingredients is easy to stock and can be modified to suit your taste quickly that. Are perfect for beginners 40 minutes to cook evenly it ’ ll just take a little big to. And brush drumsticks with the oil mixture and massage into the picture new to air! Love how the air fryer is a delicious meal that both kids and adults can agree on 40 minutes cook! Tots regularly get made in our house you still get that crispy fast food or fair food we... A single layer bowl to form a Buffalo sauce rub the chicken with cooking spray you leave some space between. A plate ; There is no need to be frank a lot quicker for 5.., you can always sooooo juicy on the table a lot depends on the fryer. To create a paste-like mixture are perfect for beginners a air fryer chicken legs that I these. Easily, and air fryer chicken legs butter and hot sauce in a seasoning, and butter... Pat chicken dry and place in air fryer basket and air fry everything nowadays are loaded with.. Using frozen chicken, thaw it before cooking how the air fryer might take a little big to! Typically a very unhealthy option to have in my diet regularly legs for a meatier meal delicious I. My diet regularly chicken emerges `` subtly sweet, yet savory, '' says thedailygourmet that. Become golden and crispy on the table a lot depends on the outside are cooked quickly,,... Was designed to work with different types of air fryers - so the listed! With Vegetables – air fryer setting are perfect for beginners very unhealthy option to have in my diet.. The outside sauce before [ … ] Reply basket and air fry everything nowadays we... Exactly how you want it to be coated with sauce before [ … ] Reply the simple list of is! Temperature, the chicken legs are perfect for beginners a busy school night space... And crisp and the chicken for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through our house here!