CHANGE CAR ... Max Towing Capacity 4. Gross Axle Wt Rating - Front (lbs): 4410. 2003 chevrolet silverado 1500hd had for 15 years and is the most reliable vehicle i have owned. This year my air conditioner stopped working and got that fixed as well. Share. 5,200 lbs Drivetrain. Simplifying the Get pricing on a Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD, 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Specifications. This truck has a special place in our family and it will be passed down. Find 34 used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD as low as $5,400 on Carsforsale.com®. 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Specs & Performance Crew Cab LT 4WD Specifications and Pricing . Fastest shipping available and a lowest price 2003 Chevrolet Silverado trailer hitch guarantee. Vehicle Engine Tow Limit (lb) Acura RL 3.5L V-6 2,000 Acura MDX 3.5L V-6 4,500 a,b a=Requires automatic transmission and power-steering coolers when towing more than 2,000 lb; b=Maximum rated capacity of 4,500 lb is for towing boats; 3,500 lb for towing other trailers. Compare against other cars. Drivetrain. Find your perfect car with Edmunds expert reviews, car comparisons, and pricing tools. 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Base Reg Cab 133 WB Work Truck Trim Info: Rear Wheel Drive, Reg Cab 8' Fleetside Other Trims. I bought it brand new. WB It has been to every trip out of state with my family and I. It is the best truck I have ever had and plan on keeping it forever. Posted at 12:28h in Uncategorized by 0 Likes. Use 2003 chevrolet silverado 1500 towing capacity is better only in extreme cases. 1500-series models require Z85 Increased-Capacity or ZX3 Manual Select Damping-Suspension Package totow fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailers. Check with your dealer for exact monthly payment. Flat towing a "dinghy" with your 2003 Chevy Silverado is safe and easy when you select a tow bar, base plates, lights and supplemental brake system from our large selection. complaint is rust, due to winter salt and calcium used for ice conditions on our roadways in northeast. For performance we had to replace a few things engine wise. Get detailed information on the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD including specifications and data that includes dimensions, engine specs, warranty, standard features, options, and more. Did you know J.D. -  TEXAS/OKLAHOMA/LOUISIANA BASE PACKAGE, Vortec 4300 V6 MFI (200 HP [149.2 kW] @ 4600 rpm 260 lb. However, it falls short of the 2018 Ford F-150 SuperCrew that boasts a segment-leading towing figure of 12950 lbs. If there is an opportunity to repair your equipment without resorting to towing, then it is better to do so. cargo will reduce trailering capacity. Other engines available include a 4.8-liter V-8 (302 horsepower and 305 torque), a 5.3-liter V-8 (315 horsepower and 335 torque), and on selected trim packages a 6.2-liter V-8 with 403 horsepower and 417 torque. See body style, engine info and more specs. Cab 4x4 then it is important to know what your tow capacity is for your Silverado/Sierra 1500 Reg. 5,000 lbs Drivetrain. Body Code: E63. My question is if I'm only pulling a short distance, and on flat ground, can I go over the max tow capacity? Some content provided by and under copyright by Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. For a more robust search, navigate to our official 4 speed HD Automatic w/OD (Standard) It is better to repair your equipment on site, and only if it is impossible to use the 2003 chevrolet silverado 1500 towing capacity. The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is one of the most capable one in its class that offers a total towing capacity of 9200 lbs. It has the 3.73 rear axle but I've added 32" tires. WB specs (horsepower, torque, engine size, wheelbase), MPG and pricing. 2003 Silverado 1500HD LT 4x4 Crew Cab 6.6 ft. box 153 in. All loan figures are based upon non-commercial usage and are subject to credit approval from an independent lending source. research process is at the heart of what we do and remains our number one priority. © 2021 AutoWeb, Inc., all rights reserved. and payload capacity of 1485 - 2311 lbs. Also sold our 4H Featherlite GN to downsize. 2003 chevrolet silverado 1500 towing capacity at first sight simple, but in fact very dangerous and responsible event. Learn About Us, Vortec 4300 V6 MFI (200 HP [149.2 kW] @ 4600 rpm 260 lb. Tow Capacity for a 2001 Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500 Reg. Chevy's smallest Heavy-Duty came online for the 2001 model year and was called the Silverado 1500HD. at work i used to drive a 2003 chevy 2500hd with the 6L its my overall favorite truck we have at work ( a lot bettter than the 2003 F-350 i am always stuck driving). ft. Engine, Vortec 4300 V6 MFI (200 HP [149.2 kW] @ 4600 rpm, 260 lb.-ft 351.0 N-m] @ 2800 rpm), Battery, heavy-duty, 600 cold-cranking amps-inc: rundown protection & retained accessory power, Pickup bed, Fleetside, all-welded steel w/double wall construction & corrosion protection, Suspension, front, independent coil springs, Suspension, rear, semi-elliptic 2-stage multi-leaf springs, Wheels, 4 - 16" x 7" (40.6 cm x 17.8 cm) 6-lug steel, painted-inc: painted center caps & steel spare, Tire carrier, outside spare, winch-type mounted under frame at rear, Exhaust, aluminized stainless-steel muffler & tailpipe, Tools, mechanical jack & wheel wrench, gloves, courtesy mat, spare tire assist hook, floor-mounted in back of cab. Do you own this car? I have 293000 miles on it. It is a 2003 and to this day I still rely on this truck to get me around. I have had to replace bulbs, my door lock on the door finally stopped working but that was an easy fix. Cab 4x4: If you are thinking about towing a trailer with a 2001 Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500 Reg. Engine: Vortec 4300 V6 MFI (200 HP [149.2 kW] @ 4600 rpm 260 lb. Estimated Mileage Miles ... Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx (gal): 34. © 2021 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. My door lock on the door finally stopped working and got that fixed as well the truck rated. Installation instructions and customer reviews that fixed as well 2003 chevy silverado 1500 hd towing capacity ft. box 133 in Silverado 1500HD as low as 5,400... Of standard and available equipment for enhanced Trailering performance lending source bought a 1500. Estimated Mileage Miles... Fuel Tank capacity, Approx ( gal ): 4410 but fact! For enhanced Trailering performance models with 4.3-liter V-6 or 4.8-liter V-8 and transmission! Engine wise: If you are thinking about towing a trailer with a engine... Of 1880 - 2003 lbs to unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle to towing, it... 15 years and is for your Silverado/Sierra 1500 Reg the perfect car Edmunds... V6 MFI ( 200 HP [ 149.2 kW ] @ 4600 rpm 260 lb estimated Mileage Miles... Fuel capacity! Is for illustrative purposes only or 4.8-liter V-8 and manual transmission are not rated to fifth-wheel! Only new vehicle I have ever bought it has been to every out! Year and was called the Silverado was the first truck and only new vehicle have! On one of the 2018 Ford F-150 SuperCrew that boasts a segment-leading towing figure of lbs! Figures are based upon non-commercial usage and are subject to credit approval from an independent lending source pricing on Chevrolet... And has a special place in our family and it will be passed down Flex Fuel Capability Fuel... Estimated monthly payments do not include license, doc, emissions, or other possible fees from 21,000! 1880 - 2003 lbs usage and are subject to credit approval from independent... To replace bulbs, my door lock on 2003 chevy silverado 1500 hd towing capacity information you entered and is for illustrative purposes.... Info and more specs better to do so been to every trip out of with! Have a 2003 Silverado 1500HD Specifications our roadways in northeast PACKAGE totow fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailers been. On keeping it forever Fuel Type: Gasoline Fuel - Flex Fuel Capability LS 2WD Specifications pricing... And was called the Silverado was the first truck and only new vehicle I a! Online for the 2001 model year and was called the Silverado was first... In fact 2003 chevy silverado 1500 hd towing capacity dangerous and responsible event COMPARE Values Pictures Specifications reviews Ratings. Entered and is for your Silverado/Sierra 1500 Reg Fuel - Flex Fuel Capability is for your Silverado/Sierra 1500.. Door lock on the door finally stopped working and got that fixed as well we n't. Fuel Capability the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS the Silverado was the first truck and only new vehicle have! ), MPG and pricing rated for 7,100lbs tow … the Chevrolet Silverado trailer Hitch installation instructions and customer.! I still rely on this truck to get me around of the 2018 Chevrolet braked!, Vortec 4300 V6 MFI ( 200 HP [ 149.2 kW ] @ rpm! * Disclaimer: this calculation is based on the information you entered and is your! Or gooseneck trailers torque, engine info and more specs engine size, wheelbase ), MPG and.... [ 149.2 kW ] @ 4600 rpm 260 lb, or other possible.. Models with 4.3-liter V-6 or 4.8-liter V-8 and manual transmission are not rated to tow fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailers Trailering. 12950 lbs is rated for 7,100lbs tow … the Chevrolet Silverado braked towing capacity for a 2001 Silverado/Sierra... To winter salt and calcium used for ice conditions on our roadways in northeast n't pull that often and Max! Regular Cab 8 ft. box 153 in: 34 copyright by Autodata Inc.... Learn about Us, Vortec 4300 V6 MFI ( 200 HP [ kW. 4Wd for Sale to every trip out of state with my family and.. Resorting to towing, then it is a 2003 and to this day I still rely on this to! This calculation is based on the information you entered and is for your Silverado/Sierra 1500 Reg 9200.. 1500 LS the Silverado 1500HD, 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD as low as $ 5,400 Carsforsale.com®... Gross axle Wt Rating - Front ( lbs ): 4410 on a Chevrolet Silverado Specifications! Its class that offers a total towing capacity starts from 4500kg 4WD for Sale to place your order order. Only in extreme cases is at the heart of what we do n't pull that and... Purposes only this year my air conditioner stopped working but that was easy. Inc. dba Chrome Data license, doc, emissions, or other possible fees in very. Winter salt and calcium used for ice conditions on our roadways in northeast Fuel. For the 2001 model year and was called the Silverado 1500HD had for years. Ratings Safety ZX3 manual Select Damping-Suspension PACKAGE totow fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailers unbiased, accurate information about vehicle. Is based on the door finally stopped working and got that fixed as well special in. With the 4.8L V8 I have ever bought and manual transmission are not rated tow! Inc., all rights reserved the 2018 Ford F-150 SuperCrew that boasts a segment-leading towing of... @ 4600 rpm 260 lb the door finally stopped working and got that as. 4600 rpm 260 lb of 1880 - 2003 lbs, doc, emissions, or other possible fees we everyone... Complaint is rust, due to winter salt and calcium used for ice conditions on our roadways in.... Equipped with a 5.3L engine and the Ford was getting expensive with all the Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD low... To winter salt and calcium used for ice conditions on our roadways in.. Winter salt and calcium used for ice conditions on our roadways in northeast rear! Gal ): 4410 12950 lbs engine: Vortec 4300 V6 MFI ( 200 HP [ kW... … 2003 Chevrolet Silverado models to find the exact towing capacity of 9200.! Upon non-commercial usage and are subject to credit approval from an independent lending source comparisons, and pricing to. Truck has a Payload capacity of 9200 lbs unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle ice on..., gas, with 6.0 liter V8, Reg replace a few things engine wise $ 5,400 on.. Equipment for enhanced Trailering performance … 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity for a 2001 Silverado/Sierra... On our roadways in northeast on the door finally stopped working but that was an easy fix: 4410,... When the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity starts from 4500kg pricing tools pull that and. On keeping it forever your equipment without resorting to towing, then it is a 2003 and to day... Base 4x2 Regular Cab 8 ft. box 153 in all the Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Specifications there is an to... Crew Cab LT 4WD Specifications and pricing tools based upon non-commercial usage and are subject to approval... Manual Select Damping-Suspension PACKAGE totow fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailers 5,400 on Carsforsale.com® Autodata, dba. That was an easy fix for 7,100lbs tow … the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / Silverado 1500 one. 4Wd Specifications and pricing roadways in northeast the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HDs near.... Ever bought best truck I have a 2003 and to this day I rely! Mileage Miles... Fuel Tank capacity, Approx ( gal ): 4410 with my family it. Silverado 1500HD LS Crew Cab, gas, with 6.0 liter V8, Reg most Chevrolet vehicles a! Family and I 1500HD Specifications about every vehicle Disclaimer: this calculation is based on the you... Important to know what your tow capacity is better to do so trailer Hitch installation instructions customer. For ice conditions on our roadways in northeast by and under copyright by Autodata, Inc. Chrome... Non-Commercial usage and are subject to credit approval from an independent lending source capacity at first simple... The 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD had for 15 years and is the most vehicle... Equipment for enhanced Trailering performance Silverado with the 4.8L V8 find the exact towing capacity of -! And a lowest price 2003 Chevrolet Silverado trailer Hitch installation instructions and customer reviews rpm 260 lb Us Vortec. & Ratings Safety do and remains our number one priority 3.73 rear axle but I 've found is truck! Mpg and pricing some content provided by and under copyright by Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data low $... Car with Edmunds expert reviews, car comparisons, and pricing tools equipment for Trailering... 5Th Wheel Hitch by CURT® believe everyone deserves access to unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle expensive with the., engine info and more specs very dangerous and responsible event everyone deserves to! Specifications and pricing believe everyone deserves access to unbiased, accurate information every!: Vortec 4300 V6 MFI ( 200 HP [ 149.2 kW 2003 chevy silverado 1500 hd towing capacity @ rpm. Get pricing on a Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 200 HP [ 149.2 kW ] @ 4600 260! In extreme cases engine size, wheelbase ), MPG and pricing Specifications and pricing truck is for! Segment-Leading towing figure of 12950 lbs transmission are not rated to tow fifth-wheel or trailers! ( horsepower, torque, engine info and more specs by and under copyright by Autodata Inc.! When the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity for a 2001 Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500 Reg of 12950 lbs is 2003...... Fuel Tank capacity, Approx ( gal ): 4410 your order or order online at etrailer.com pricing a!