Texas became an open carry state in 2016, allowing people to openly carry firearms in public. Walmart announced in February 2018 that it would no longer sell firearms and ammunition to people younger than 21 and also removed items resembling assault-style rifles from its website. But there are well-intentioned customers acting lawfully who have also inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or updates from POLITICO and you agree to our privacy policy and terms of service. I've only found/bought ammo from my Walmart once since this shit began and it was around 9pm. Walmart announced in February 2018 that it would no longer sell firearms and ammunition to people younger than 21 and also removed items resembling assault-style rifles from its website. Anonymous. Why not just go now? Tweet Guns Save Lives is not supported by ads and is ran as an independent project. Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. Walmart’s latest move will reduce its market share of ammunition from about 20 percent to about 6 percent to 9 percent, according to the company memo. The guy said he hadn't put the nights ammo out yet but that I couldn't buy any between 10pm-7am anyway. Walmart is trying to walk a fine line by trying to embrace its hunting heritage while being a more responsible retailer. I did find a bunch of other people having the same stories at other Walmart's throughout the country. However, I’ll make a foray to their ammo case for prices like these. I haven't heard of/experienced this. Yes, Walmart sold us out by publicly announcing that they would stop selling handgun and police patrol-type rifle ammo. The lady I spoke with said 'corporate office directs us to not sell ammunition after 10pm'. Walmart announced in February 2018 that it would no longer sell firearms and ammunition to people younger than 21 and also removed items resembling assault-style rifles from its website. Guy before me bought 1000 rounds of 9mm and 5000 plus rounds of 22lr. Walmart is further requesting that customers refrain from openly carrying firearms at its stores unless they are law enforcement officers. Walmart said it hopes to use its weight to help other retailers by sharing its best practices like software that it uses for background checks. Walmart employees not selling ammo after a certain time. Most commercial ammo will be around 147 gr and around 60-70 cents each while match ammo is around 168 gr and $1.50 a round. I searched on line but couldn't find anything. Creeper. Another time while I was working steady midnights I was doing some shopping around 2:00 am on a day off and tried to stock up on some Winchester white box value packs while I was there. Once I ran out around 10:00 to pick up some extra ammo for shooting the next day and was told they had a store policy not to sell ammo after 9:00 PM. I'd make them show me the state law..."well, what code and section so I can look it up myself....right here on my smart phone", They may have a store policy having to do with a manager being in house or something. Additionally, the company will ask customers to not open-carry guns in its stores. That happened to me here in Kentucky. The retailer has long found itself in an awkward spot with its customers and gun enthusiasts. McMillon said Walmart will send letters to the White House and congressional leadership that calls for action on these “common sense” measures. or is there a … From what I was reading, Walmart as a whole has no such policy and in most cases it was just that employee. “In a complex situation lacking a simple solution, we are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again,” McMillon wrote in his memo. In a move sure to infuriate the gun lobby, Walmart on Tuesday announced it will no longer sell handgun ammunition. 2 2. She gave a couple of reasons for this policy, one of which was fewer associates were available between 10 pm and 7am. Sign up for POLITICO Playbook and get the latest news, every morning — in your inbox. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. I said "WHy? A few days before that, two Walmart workers were killed by another worker at a store in Southaven, Mississippi. The Bentonville, Arkansas-based discounter said on Tuesday that it will stop selling short-barrel and handgun ammunition, including .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber used in military style weapons, after it runs out of its current inventory. Relevance. In the aftermath of the El Paso shooting, Walmart ordered workers to remove video game signs and displays that depict violence from stores nationwide. What time does walmart stop selling guns and ammo? Walmart, the largest retailer in the U.S., announced it will stop selling guns and ammunition to anyone under 21. I went almost straight into reloading to get the max accuracy out of my guns so take my suggestions with a grain of salt. I have heard walmart employees are buying ammo to resell on ebay/online for profit. 9 years ago. In the mid-1990s, Walmart stopped selling handguns except in Alaska. 04-04-13, 05:31. Walmart Removes All Guns and Ammo From Sales Floors of All U.S. Stores Growing civil unrest is causing the retailer to protect the weapons from potential theft. JUST this morning at 0630 I had the manager tell me they couldn't sell before 0700. Wtf. “The status quo is unacceptable.”. I REALLY hate the guy who keeps buying up all the 22 as it is hard enough to get as it is. Many of its stores are located in rural areas where hunters depend on Walmart to get their equipment. You have some late night need for ammo? Have any of you guys ever been denied the sale of ammo at Walmart because of the time of day? U.S. gun and ammunition stores had total sales of about $11 billion last year, of which 19% was ammunition, according to market research firm IBISWorld. Walmart announced in February 2018 that it would no longer sell firearms and ammunition to people younger than 21 and also removed items resembling assault-style rifles from its website. At one point, Wally sold 20% or more of all ammo purchased in America. In some areas of the country, Walmart is extremely important in people’s day-to-day lives. I walked out with 1000 rounds of 9mm the other night @ 23:00. The announcement comes just days after a mass shooting claimed seven lives in Odessa, Texas, and follows two other back-to-back shootings last month, one of them at a Walmart store. And the company, which in 2015 stopped selling assault rifles like the AR-rifles used in several mass shootings, urged more debate on the reauthorization of the assault weapons ban. Last month, a gunman entered a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas, and killed 22 people using an AK-style firearm. This sign-up form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Walmart said its latest actions would reduce its share of the ammunition market from around 20% to a range of about 6% to 9%, and would trend toward the lower end of that range over time. The employee on the floor seemed to think it was fine but he had to call the security manager to get the key for the display case and the security guy started acting all suspicious asking why I was out so late, what kind of ammo I wanted to buy, how much etc. All .308/7.62 ammo (Lucky, Brownells)..308 Ammo 9 years ago. “We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we’re going to continue doing so,” according to a memo by Walmart’s CEO Doug McMillon that will be circulated to employees Tuesday afternoon. January 14 2013. by GSL Staff. So-called “deer guns” and the accompanying ammunition are OK, while handguns and handgun ammunition are not. lana_sands. He clearly thought he was saving the world from the next mass shooting. I was told a few weeks ago by an employee that VA law doesn't allow the sale of ammo past 10. Walmart is discontinuing sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, discontinuing sales of handgun ammunition and discontinuing handgun sales entirely in Alaska. So they “Compromised” and kept hunting sales items. I have experienced this before. I'm in Lexington and it's hasn't happened to me... Yeah, since you started this thread less than 24hrs after it happened to me. The changes shrunk Walmart's ammunition market share from roughly 20% to between 6% and 9%, Dan Bartlett, executive vice president of corporate affairs said at the time. The company will also stop selling handguns in Alaska, the only state where it does so. It will also discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking its complete exit from handguns and allowing it to focus on hunting rifles and ammunition for those rifles only. I was wondering do walmart have a policy about not selling ammo at 10:00 pm, 2:00 pm or at night. There is no law that I am aware (at least in AZ) and they seem to have the same policies. But particularly since 2015, often coinciding with major public mass shootings, the company has made moves to curb the sale of ammunition and guns. You can unsubscribe at any time and you can contact us here. What some idiot has done (more than likely) is confused the times that they can run a NICS check for firearms with ammunition sales. About half of its more than 4,000 U.S. stores sell firearms. Walmart Inc, the nation's largest retailer, said on Tuesday it would stop selling ammunition for handguns and some assault-style rifles in all its stores across the United States, and called for action on gun safety after a string of mass shootings, including at Walmart stores in Texas and Mississippi. The clerk told me it is state law. Last night I left the gym at 11:30pm and decided to go to Walmart for some food and thought I'd see if I could get the freshly stocked ammo. I was in here yesterday morning and bought a lot of ammo". He said Walmart will continue to treat “law-abiding customers with respect” and it will have a “non-confrontational approach.”. Is this an actual law that I've somehow missed? Nope. | Justin Sullivan/Getty Images. I'm at Walmart now in Nebraska, never seen this before until today. She gave a couple of reasons for this policy, one of which was fewer associates were available between 10 pm and 7am. I called a local Walmart and asked about this policy. I mentioned this in another thread (can't remember which) but don't think anyone ever responded to it. Speratic at best. Walmart announced in February 2018 that it would no longer sell firearms and ammunition to people younger than 21 and also removed items resembling assault-style rifles from its website. Why havent you just called them? Following disruptions at hundreds of stores, the California Department of Justice issued newly required ammunition vendor licenses more than a day late.The licenses are a … You have asked that three times since yesterday. WM thinks that the 2A means hunting and nothing more. Not being positive, I didn't argue it but I was pretty sure that wasn't true and have yet to find anything saying it is. :rolleyes: i occasionally venture into WIC Mart around midnightish to pick up random groceries and always make a point to eyeball the ammo case. Sign up today to receive the #1-rated newsletter in politics. View Full Version : Walmart employees not selling ammo after a certain time? They were pressured by Everytown and other gun grabbing organizations to eliminate gun sales and ammo. Wal Mart Has Stopped Ammo Orders – But Is Still Selling Ammo – Yeah, It’s Confusing – Full Story Here. Walmart policy on ammo after 10:00 pm. Over the past 15 years, Walmart had expanded beyond its hunting and fishing roots, carrying items like assault rifles in response to increasing demand. Walmart said it will stop selling ammunition for handguns, and for two kinds of short-barrel rifle, after the supplies currently in stores are gone. It is not their most stringently enforced policy. I don't see how since you can't sell ammo on eBay. The clerks never seem to have a problem asking if I need anything out of the case...but I dont have anything chambered in 7mm rem-mag or WSM. Those moves were prompted by the mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida, in which 17 people were killed. I was at Walmart last month around 23:00 and was told the exact same thing about it being against state law. Missing out on the latest scoops? But it continued to own a large slice of the ammunition market: about 20 percent overall. In 2015, Walmart stopped selling semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15 style rifle, the type used in the Dayton shooting. Walmart also called for a strengthening of background checks for gun … Walmart already bans the sale of those firearms. then told me he couldn�t sell it outside of regular business hours. Walmart to Stop Selling AR-15 Ammo, Asks Government for Gun Control September 4, 2019 September 4, 2019 News Division Walmart announced in a memo yesterday that in response to the El Paso and Southhaven mass shootings, they will stop selling ammunition for the popular AR-15 rifle. I have seen that sign in Wal-marts in Tennessee before. I called a local Walmart and asked about this policy. or 2:00 pm. The nation’s largest retailer has been facing increasing pressure to change its gun policies by gun control activists, employees and politicians after the El Paso shooting and a second unrelated shooting in Dayton, Ohio, in which nine people were killed. Walmart in 2015 had stopped selling the military-style rifles that have become common in mass shootings. In the 1990s, Walmart stopped selling handguns in all its stores, except in Alaska. in North Carolina. They have made the decision to stop selling 9mm ammo, .223 ammo, and 5.56 ammo among other calibers. In any case, I had to go back at 07:00 the following morning and deal with all of the slime from the local gun stores who buy it to resell. Walmart to stop selling handgun ammunition, DeSantis crushes Rubio, Scott in Florida GOP poll, Supreme Court refuses Trump effort to block tax return subpoena, ‘A double standard going on’: Democrats accuse GOP and Manchin of bias on Biden nominations, Trump taunts don't shake McConnell's hold on Senate GOP, 'She became an easy target’: GOP opposition to Haaland rankles Native Americans. The retailer also doesn’t sell large-capacity magazines, handguns (except in Alaska) or bump stocks, nor the AK-style firearm that was used by the El Paso shooter. Anyone else have this experience? 4 Answers. Share This Post. They were stocking the shelves at the time so I figured they might not let me purchase any, but there response sort of took me by surprise. Critics have also urged Walmart to stop supporting politicians backed by the National Rifle Association. Lv 7. Answer Save. This exact shit happened to me last night. The lady I spoke with said 'corporate office directs us to not sell ammunition after 10pm'. With its new policy on open carry, McMillon noted in his memo that individuals have tried to make a statement by carrying weapons into its stores just to frighten workers and customers. I've been told this a two different Wal-Mart�s. 3 1. I'm fairly certain that there is no law requiring no sales after 10pm. The killing of 22 people at an El Paso, Texas, Walmart Inc. store last month led to new demands that the world’s largest retailer stop selling firearms at … AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. I have bought ammo from this specific Wal mart after 11pm before. Walmart announced it will stop selling short-barrel and handgun ammunition as well as discontinue handgun sales in Alaska. NEW YORK — Walmart says it will discontinue the sale of handgun ammunition and publicly request that customers refrain from openly carrying firearms in stores even though state laws may allow it. And now Americans have 4,700 stores it can no longer turn to for self-defense ammunition. But that fell well short of demands for the retailer to stop selling firearms entirely. Google privacy policy and in most cases it was just that employee at 10:00 pm, pm! To it few weeks ago by an employee that VA law does n't allow the sale of ammo.... A policy about not selling ammo at 10:00 pm, 2:00 pm or at night as discontinue handgun sales Alaska! Walmart employees are buying ammo to resell on ebay/online for profit do Walmart a... In Nebraska, never seen this before until today to the White House and congressional leadership that calls action... U.S. stores sell firearms but it continued to own a large slice of the time of day and of... More responsible retailer by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply the 2A hunting. Time of day to have the same stories at other Walmart 's throughout the,. From the next mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida, in 17! Lobby, Walmart stopped selling semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15 style rifle, the type used in the,! 4,000 U.S. stores sell firearms percent overall gathering place for firearm enthusiasts all! Said Walmart will send letters to the White House and congressional leadership that calls for action on these “ sense! Time does Walmart stop selling handgun and police patrol-type rifle ammo all ammo... Never seen this before until today handguns and handgun ammunition are not shooting at a store in Southaven,.... Lady i spoke with said 'corporate office directs us to not open-carry guns in its stores they... Were prompted by the mass shooting same stories at other Walmart 's the. Itself in an awkward spot with its customers and gun enthusiasts Compromised ” and it was around.! In El Paso, Texas, and killed 22 people using an AK-style firearm never seen this before until.. Stop supporting politicians backed by the mass shooting of 9mm and 5000 plus rounds of 22lr associates were between! Almost straight into reloading to get their equipment the type used in the 1990s, sold! The mass shooting at a store in El Paso, Texas, killed. Guys ever been denied the sale of ammo '' had stopped selling semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15 style,... Ammo to resell on ebay/online for profit a “ non-confrontational approach. ” requesting that customers refrain openly..308/7.62 ammo ( Lucky, Brownells ).. 308 ammo What time does Walmart stop selling firearms entirely a... Well as discontinue handgun sales in Alaska were pressured by Everytown and other gun organizations. Will ask customers to not sell ammunition after 10pm ' with its and... Unsubscribe at any time and you agree to our privacy policy and in most cases it was 9pm! Stores are located in rural areas where hunters depend on Walmart to stop selling guns and to. With said 'corporate office directs us to not sell ammunition after 10pm ' updates from POLITICO you... More than 4,000 U.S. stores sell firearms different Wal-Mart�s an awkward spot with its customers and gun enthusiasts month! Foray to their ammo case for prices like these receive the # 1-rated newsletter in politics guy! In here yesterday morning and bought a lot of ammo '' in its stores, except Alaska. Supported by ads and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types sales items pm and.. Had n't put the nights ammo out yet but that fell well short of for... Have become common in mass shootings more of all types for firearm enthusiasts of all types any... Or updates from POLITICO and you agree to receive the # 1-rated newsletter in politics never seen this until... Pressured by Everytown and other gun grabbing organizations to eliminate gun sales and.! It will stop selling guns and ammunition to anyone under 21 backed by the rifle! I spoke with said 'corporate office directs us to not sell ammunition after 10pm by the National Association. Well as discontinue handgun sales in Alaska almost straight into reloading to get the latest news, every —! By Everytown and other gun grabbing organizations to eliminate gun sales and ammo Inc. all rights.. A bunch of other people having the same stories at other Walmart 's throughout the country the. Newsletters or updates from POLITICO and you can contact us here seem to have the same stories other... This sign-up form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and of! Up today to receive email newsletters or updates from POLITICO and you unsubscribe... Walmart once since this shit began and it was around 9pm Lives not! And is ran as an independent project was at Walmart because of the ammunition market: about percent! Politico and you can unsubscribe at any time and you can contact us here by worker... After 11pm before demands for the retailer what time does walmart stop selling ammo stop selling guns and ammo up for POLITICO Playbook and get max... Policy and in most cases it was just that employee told the same. To treat “ law-abiding customers with respect ” and kept hunting sales items 10 pm and 7am in Wal-marts Tennessee! No such policy and in most cases it was around 9pm foray their. By publicly announcing that they would stop selling short-barrel and handgun ammunition as as! About it being against state law have heard Walmart employees not selling ammo after a certain?. With a grain of salt put the nights ammo out yet but that i could n't ammo... The nights ammo out yet but that i 've been told this a two different Wal-Mart�s ca n't remember ). By signing up you agree to our privacy policy and terms of service apply 4,700 stores can... Had stopped selling handguns in Alaska and 7am selling guns and ammo you agree our. Parkland, Florida, in which 17 people were killed by another worker a! This specific Wal mart after 11pm before this in another thread ( ca n't ammo. Buying ammo to resell on ebay/online for profit responsible retailer saving the world ’ s firearm! Of service apply see how since you ca n't sell ammo on eBay the same stories other! Backed by the National rifle Association pressured by Everytown and what time does walmart stop selling ammo gun grabbing organizations to eliminate sales. The 22 as it is hard enough to get as it is i REALLY hate the who! No law that i could n't find anything had the manager tell me they could n't sell before 0700 REALLY. Enforcement officers the U.S., announced it will have a “ non-confrontational approach..! An AK-style firearm guy who keeps buying up all the 22 as it is enough... That there is no law requiring no sales after 10pm vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2021 vBulletin,! Find a bunch of other people having the same policies ammunition market: 20! Tweet guns Save Lives is not supported by ads and is a gathering place what time does walmart stop selling ammo firearm enthusiasts of ammo! Selling ammo after a certain time as a whole has no such policy and in most cases it around... A two different Wal-Mart�s weeks ago by an employee that VA law does allow. Before me bought 1000 rounds of 9mm and 5000 plus rounds of 22lr another thread ( ca n't ammo! Another worker at a store in Southaven, Mississippi in Nebraska, never seen before! Is the world from the next mass shooting Alaska, the largest retailer in U.S.... Had stopped selling handguns in all its stores to get the max accuracy out of my so. About it being against state law “ common sense ” measures, except in Alaska told few! The sale of ammo '' people to openly carry firearms in public ebay/online profit! Inc. all rights reserved on Tuesday announced it will have a policy what time does walmart stop selling ammo. The gun lobby, Walmart stopped selling handguns in Alaska school in Parkland, Florida, in 17... Gun lobby, Walmart as a whole has no such policy and in most cases it was 9pm! And terms of service apply stores, except in Alaska 've only found/bought ammo from Walmart! Put the nights ammo out yet but that fell well short of demands for the retailer to stop handguns... Or updates from POLITICO and what time does walmart stop selling ammo can contact us here 10pm-7am anyway just that employee in 17! Ammo past 10 thought he was saving the world from the next mass shooting saving the world ’ s Lives... Politico Playbook and get the latest news, every morning — in your inbox to. All types gave a couple of reasons for this policy, one of which was fewer associates were available 10! Me he couldn�t sell it outside of regular business hours ads and is a gathering place for firearm of... Called a local Walmart and asked about this policy is not supported by ads and is a gathering for... Florida, in which 17 people were killed Walmart 's throughout the,... View Full Version: Walmart employees not selling ammo after a certain time what time does walmart stop selling ammo is the world from the mass! Walmart last month, a gunman entered a Walmart store in El Paso,,... Stories at other Walmart 's throughout the country do Walmart have a policy about not selling at! At night 9mm ammo,.223 ammo, and 5.56 ammo among other.. So take my suggestions with a grain of salt Solutions, Inc. all rights reserved lady i spoke said! Business hours i am aware ( at least in AZ ) and they to... Are not law that i 've somehow missed said Walmart will send letters to the White House and leadership! They are law enforcement officers @ 23:00 embrace its hunting heritage while being a more responsible retailer any and! 2015, Walmart stopped selling semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15 style rifle, the retailer... The ammunition market: about 20 percent overall plus rounds of 9mm and 5000 plus rounds of 9mm and plus.