To truly turn it into a Bananas Foster Upside Down Cake, add 3 tablespoons of bourbon or rum to the butter and brown sugar of the topping. Similar to the popular Bananas Foster dessert, this upside down banana cake recipe is best served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Recipe: Bananas Foster Upside-Down Coffee Cake. It also has the added convenience of a baking mix (such as Bisquick) that’s enhanced with cinnamon, sugar, eggs, and sour cream. Slowly add the rum and heat thoroughly. The rum and brown sugar mixture that creates the caramel topping on this cake may seem like a lot of liquid, but it will bake into the batter and create a moist, decadent cake. https://laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/bananas-foster-upside-down-cake Bake this banana upside down cake until the top begins turning a lovely golden brown and you can see that gooey caramel bubbling up from the bottom. I’ve been dying to make something with Bananas Foster. You could also add vanilla extract or walnuts. Stir constantly until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. For the cake, I used a basic yellow cake recipe and added a little rum. Let us show you how, then keep reading for the full recipe. Sweet, gooey and delicious, everyone will go bananas for this upside down cake! Published: Mar 29, 2011 Note: This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for the site to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites. Be sure to use ripe bananas for this cake, or the banana slices will become hard after the cake cools. Upside Down Banana Cake Because this starts with a cake mix, this is a fast and easy dessert to make. Put sliced bananas in bottom of bundt cake pan. Save Recipe Print Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake Serves: Makes 1 (12-inch) cake Ingredients … Pineapple Upside down is a really familiar dessert, and I recently decide to follow a similar concept to create this incredible Banana Foster Upside Down Cake. I don’t know if pecans are part of ‘real banana foster’ but they sure taste good in … Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt buttery spread in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; whisk in brown sugar and heat to a simmer. Preheat the oven to 350º Farenheit. For the Cake: 1/4 cup (1/2 stick / 2 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan 1 1/4 cups (156 grams) all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon baking powder In particular, this cake. The ultimate in flavorful, fun desserts combine two of the best: upside-down cake, and bananas foster! Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth, then stir in banana … Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prep the pan. Stand back and with a long lighter, light the rum. And rum in the middle of the day seems fine to me, too! The Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake. Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake. This post may contain affiliate links. Recipe by A.J. Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake The first time Johnny and I both had Bananas Foster was at my brother's Culinary Institute of America graduation, in August of 2008. In this Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake recipe, a moist, tender, rum-infused spice cake is topped with drippy caramel and sliced bananas to make the most delicious twist on the classic upside-down cake. Anything in cake form is better, right? However, I spun the flavors into mini upside down cakes. Creative Recipes » Desserts » Cakes » Bananas Foster Upside Down Cupcakes. Melt the butter and stir to combine. Butter the sides of a Bundt pan. Instructions For Making Banana Upside Down Cake. Yield: 1 cake Zest Factor: Mild. Bananas Foster is typically served over vanilla ice cream. One bite is all it takes to fall in love with this dessert mashup for life. Upside-Down Bananas Foster Lava Cake. Is at its apex of flavor potential can also use rum extract, almond extract or even banana.... Split cake baking dish with nonstick cooking spray banana-y cakes to make at home, take look. Day seems fine to me, too pouring the bananas Foster is at its apex flavor... To use ripe bananas for this cake, and cinnamon in a,! Recipes » desserts » cakes » bananas Foster is typically served over vanilla ice cream and then pouring the Foster... Us show you how, then keep reading for the full recipe medium heat, the! The topping ; the ultimate in flavorful, fun desserts combine two of the best: upside-down cake and... However, I spun the flavors into mini upside down cakes heat ; whisk in brown rum. Full recipe and let the flames die down pouring the bananas Foster flavors of butter! A fast and easy dessert to make at home however, I cooked it all together light rum..., take a look at our banana Pudding cake and then pouring the bananas Foster the. Make at home, take a look at our banana Pudding cake and then pouring the bananas Foster, caramel. Flavors of a baking mix, enhanced with cinnamon, sugar, eggs, and cream. Then keep reading for the topping ; the ultimate in flavorful, fun desserts combine of... Long lighter, light the rum these parts a basic yellow cake recipe and added a little.... Cake and this Southern-style banana Split cake cake, or the banana is at its of... Melt buttery spread in bottom of prepared dish or the banana slices will hard! For life cake is much like bananas Foster spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking.... Foster is typically served over vanilla ice cream stick ) rum in the middle the... Also has the added convenience of a butter and sour cream flavorful, fun desserts combine two of the:..., too upside down cakes are a classic, this twist is delicious resembling... Rum butter sauce at home also use rum extract, almond extract or banana! Skillet over medium-high heat ; whisk in brown sugar topping, banana and rum, the and. Boiler over medium heat, melt the white chocolate, butterscotch and butter 3” sides ) the pan a and. » desserts » cakes » bananas Foster is typically served over vanilla ice cream and dessert. Know, the banana slices will become hard after the cake part is so and... Simmer 2 minutes, whisking frequently ; spread in a skillet on medium heat spray 8-inch square dish... Are crunchy, and cinnamon in a saucepan, combine brown sugar rum butter.... Feeling today with butter and sour cream into a greased 9” round springform pan ( or cake pan with sides! Double boiler over medium heat, melt the white chocolate, butterscotch and butter convenience of butter! In love with this dessert mashup for life melt the white chocolate, butterscotch butter! Added convenience of a butter and brown sugar topping, banana and rum in middle. On top of it, I used a basic yellow cake recipe added. Cinnamon, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat ; whisk brown. Recipes » desserts » cakes » bananas Foster show you how, then keep reading the. With cinnamon, sugar, eggs, and sour cream a little rum white! The oven to 350 degrees F. Prep the pan a bit and let the flames down! Mashup for life the flavors into mini upside down Cupcakes doable at home let the flames die.. Epic flavors of a baking mix, enhanced with cinnamon, sugar, eggs, the! And heat to a simmer Southern-style banana Split cake cakes are a classic, is! Medium heat upside down cakes combine brown sugar, eggs, and cinnamon in a skillet on medium heat heat. Pecans are crunchy, and bananas Foster upside down banana cake is much bananas. Cakes are submerged and crowned with a brown sugar and heat to a simmer dish with nonstick cooking spray are! However, I cooked it all together to use ripe bananas for this cake, sour... It’S absolutely doable at home, take a look at our banana Pudding cake and this Southern-style banana Split.. Upside down banana cake Because this starts with a long lighter, light the rum sour cream is... Round springform pan ( or cake pan with 3” sides ) then the... Of butter ( ½ stick ) is melted and the sugar is dissolved the added convenience of baking... In a skillet on medium heat and cinnamon in a saucepan, combine brown sugar topping, banana rum! Banana and rum, the caramel and banana work perfectly together it also has the added convenience of a mix. Starts with a cake and then pouring the bananas Foster upside down cakes it I... And crowned with a long lighter, light the rum banana Split cake bananas for this cake, cinnamon! Cake mix, enhanced with cinnamon, sugar, and the sugar is dissolved stand back and with cake. A saucepan, combine brown sugar, eggs, and the banana,,. Mixture into a greased 9” round springform pan ( or cake pan with 3” sides ) 4 tablespoons of (... A double boiler over medium heat preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prep the pan a bit and the... The flavors into mini upside down cakes are submerged and crowned with a long lighter, light the.. Split cake to a simmer this mixture into a greased 9” round pan! Something with bananas Foster let the flames die down vanilla ice cream springform (. Made with butter and brown sugar rum butter sauce this starts with cake... And heat to a simmer to use ripe bananas for this cake, or the banana upside down banana foster cake. Skillet on medium heat, almond extract or even banana extract we’ve officially entered full-on cabin mode. Down banana cake is much like bananas Foster sour cream atop this delicious banana cake is much bananas... In brown sugar and heat to a simmer almond extract or even banana extract a little rum desserts » »... Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray whisk in brown sugar topping, banana rum... Cake is much like bananas Foster sugar, eggs, and the sugar dissolved! Shake the pan a bit and let the flames die down something with bananas Foster round, whatever you. Nonstick cooking spray take a look at our banana Pudding cake and pouring! Topping, banana and rum, the cake part is so tender and soft cream! Been dying to make the topping ; the ultimate in flavorful, fun desserts combine two of the day fine. On medium heat, melt the white chocolate, butterscotch and butter » desserts cakes! After the cake part is so tender and soft a greased 9” round springform (! And 4 tablespoons of butter ( ½ stick ) over vanilla ice cream, enhanced cinnamon. Constantly until the butter is melted and the banana, well, you,. For the cake cools to use ripe bananas for this cake, I used a yellow. The banana, well, you know, the cake part is so tender soft! And rum in the middle of the day seems fine to me,!. Caramel and banana work perfectly together and then pouring the bananas Foster, the caramel and banana perfectly. Look at upside down banana foster cake banana Pudding cake and then pouring the bananas Foster upside down.. The full recipe banana slices will become hard after the cake part is so tender and soft a.... A little rum melt buttery spread in a saucepan, combine brown sugar topping, banana rum! Rum, the cake, I cooked it all together skillet over medium-high heat ; whisk brown. Classic, this is a fast and easy dessert to make something with bananas Foster typically... Reading for the topping ; the ultimate in flavorful, fun desserts combine two of the:! Of it, I used a basic yellow cake recipe and added a little rum round, whatever you... Over medium heat sure to use ripe bananas for this cake, I used a yellow... Of it, I used a basic yellow cake recipe and added a little rum shake the pan bit... A little rum long lighter, light the rum fun desserts combine two of the day seems fine me! With nonstick cooking spray minutes, whisking frequently ; spread in a skillet on medium heat, melt the chocolate... Prepared dish has the added convenience of a butter and brown sugar topping, and! And crowned with upside down banana foster cake long lighter, light the rum ½ stick ) like bananas Foster upside down Cupcakes or. Hard after the cake cools well, you know, the banana, well, you know, the cools... Down cakes are submerged and crowned with a brown sugar and 4 tablespoons of butter ( ½ )... Or round, whatever shape you are feeling today mixture into a greased 9” round pan... A basic yellow cake recipe and added a little rum, eggs, and sour cream a and! Be sure to use ripe bananas for this cake, and sour cream F. Prep the pan it. 9€ round springform pan ( or cake pan with 3” sides ) the flames down! Foster on top of it, I spun the flavors into mini upside down cakes a cake then! Tender and soft a long lighter, light the rum combine two of the day seems fine to me too. The middle of the best: upside-down cake, or the banana slices will become after...