A review of Alitalia Magnifica Class on a Boeing 777. My first international premium cabin experience was in June 1997 from JFK to FCO on an Alitalia MD-11. To The Point. On the Ground: I was eager to experience Alitalia’s Magnifica Class. In economy class, you’ll have a standard seat in the economy cabin. Molto bene! Canada. passion-flower5. Flight Review: Alitalia (777-200) Business Class From New York to Rome Zach Honig. At the end of the day, however, Alitalia’s product is not as innovative when it comes to the competitive transatlantic business class market. High Point – flight to Barcelona on Alitalia Magnifica Class – we were able to snag seats using Kevin’s frequent flyer miles. Magnifica class seats have 43.5 inches in pitch and are 21 inches wide. We were still in front of Terminal 1 with the engines off, when the Captain informed, “we are number one in line for takeoff”. Confirmation of Poltrona Frau’s leadership in the sphere of collaborations with international companies in the Aviation sector. Alitalia business class, sometimes marketed as “Magnifica”, is in a 1-2-1 configuration across all their long haul aircraft. COMFORT AND ADVANTAGES. Design e comfort per regalarti un’esperienza di viaggio indimenticabile. I am hearing mixed reviews. View of the Alitalia’s Magnifica cabin. 2:33:21. On the Ground: I got on the road from Philadelphia early enough to arrive at IAD two hours prior to my flight. Discussions similaires avec celle ayant pour titre «Alitalia Magnifica 777»: - Préciser/modifier votre recherche. Playing next. Poltrona Frau confirme son leadership dans la collaboration avec des entreprises internationales du secteur de l’aviation. The red-eye flight was 09:45 hours long with a non-stop service on-board. Photo: Getty Images Economy . Share This. BEST FOR: Convivial service, great food and wine and a comfortable overnight PRICE: Roundtrip Magnifica class fare started at $10,830 FLIGHT TIME: 8 hours 45 minutes CONFIGURATION: 1-2-1 CONTACT: alitalia.com BACKGROUND While Alitalia’s financial situation has … Low point – the ship was delayed 24 hours due to weather. Jul 1, 2019 Airlines. It is the same seat as Etihad business class but Alitalia have a distinct color and use Poltrona Frau leather. These lie-flat seats were great and I could fit comfortably when laying down. GLOBAL TRAVELER AWARDS. Oct 5, 2017. Say what you will about Alitalia, but for many of us Italian Americans, memorable trips to the “Old Country” began and ended with Alitalia. Magnifica is Alitalia’s renowned brand name for its Business Class on long-haul flights, offering full-flat bed seats in Poltrona Frau leather, equipped with a massage function and free Wi-Fi (50 MB). Alitalia, Magnifica Class. Flight: AZ674 Aircraft Type: B777-200ER Class: ‘Magnifica’ Business Class (older generation) Route: FCO-GRU Flight time: 11:12 Seat: 3A Date: September 2015 www.alitalia.com Best for: European one-stop travellers who are happy to connect in Europe for more affordable fares. Alitalia Magnifica Business Class seat reviews and Alitalia Business Class seat comfort reports by Alitalia passengers. Alitalia; Search “Magnifica class cabin” Review of Alitalia. The colors of the interiors are those following the 2015 renewal when Etihad entered the share capital of Alitalia. And, in my experience, the onboard service in Magnifica Classe was always excellent. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. The crowd: Even though this is a very established route, the passengers seemed almost entirely Italian. Reviewed July 12, 2017 . Alitalia offers four different classes of air travel. This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. 2019-06-02T15:37:12-04:00. by Dan Booth. Alitalia offers four classes with increasing levels of comfort and service. Alitalia Magnifica Class Dec 1, 2012 2012. The aircraft feature Alitalia’s updated Magnifica business class which includes fully flat leather seats (duvets and pillows provided), 1-2-1 seating, Bulgari amenity kits, 15.4 inch screens with on-demand entertainment, USB charging and play-back, quality noise-canceling headphones, an external camera, and excellent food. Though the product can be found on other airlines, Alitalia’s product is slightly better. After Singapore Airlines it was the turn of Alitalia. These are Classica (Economy Class), Classica Plus (Economy Plus), Ottima (short- and medium-haul Business Class) and Magnifica (long-haul Business Class). Alitalia’s business class is a lie-flat product that isn’t very easy on the eyes. Alitalia Airbus A330-200 Magnifica Class . Magnifica class cabin . We are taking Aliatalia Magnifica class in 2 weeks from LAX to Rome and wonder if anyone has done this lately? Magnifica Class Alitalia. They recline to a fully horizontal lie-flat bed. Alitalia a reçu cette année deux prix de la part de l'influent magazine mensuel américain Global Traveler : pour la première fois, le « Best Business-Class Seat Design » et pour la neuvième édition consécutive, le « Best Airline Cuisine » .Les avis ont été exprimés par plus de 20 000 frequent flyers qui ont évalué les services à bord des compagnies aériennes du monde entier. This year, Alitalia has received two awards from the respected American monthly magazine Global Traveler. We began our pushback at 4:40 pm, 25 minutes ahead of the schedule. Washington Dulles – Rome Fiumicino. Seats are staggered, with even-numbered seats being “true” window seats. - See 19,947 traveler reviews, 3,906 candid photos, and great deals for Alitalia, at Tripadvisor. Alitalia Magnifica Class Flight 609 New York-Rome – Review. Alitalia Romes Back To Milan Bergamo Anna Aero Meticulous attention to service quality fleet maintenance and passenger assistance make alitalia italys leading airline group. On the 3rd of January, I had one of the best flights I have ever had in Business Class – a flight with Alitalia from Johannesburg to Rome with their A330 “Magnifica Class”. Les meilleures offres pour ALITALIA airline brochure Classe Magnifica Business Class product promo pics ax sont sur eBay Comparez les prix et les spécificités des produits neufs et d'occasion Pleins d'articles en livraison gratuite! They are significantly better than flying on a US-based airline. Browse more videos. Dimensions 20 x 13 x 4 Weight 176 grams. Alitalia is one of those airlines that I have always watched closely but have never had the chance to fly. Report. Tweet; Share; It’s 1969 and Alitalia is launching jet service from New York to Rome. Thanks to the 1-2-1 configuration of seats, each traveller has direct aisle access. The business class is separated into 2 cabin, one in forward and one just behind door 2. Alitalia offers four classes of service depending on the route and aircraft. You can opt for economy, premium economy, Business Class Medium Haul, or the top tier Magnifica Class. 13 7. Rome, November 5th, 2014 - Alitalia introduces new menus in Magnifica, its business class on intercontinental flights. The seats on the 777 that I had flown were the old-school recliner seats which I didn’t find to be uncomfortable for a day flight, but the new seats are definitely a big improvement. Class Magnifica (Business Class) 1-2-1 seating with direct aisle access. Alitalia A330 - Magnifica Class . Alitalia B777-200ER New Magnifica Business Class FCO-JFK The aircraft features Alitalia’s updated Magnifica business class which includes fully flat leather seats (duvets and pillows provided), 1-2-1 seating, Bulgari amenity kits, 15.4 inch LCD screens with on-demand entertainment, USB charging and play-back, power plugs, quality noise-canceling headphones, and excellent food. By Jonathan Spira on 25 April 2014. Having never flown out of Dulles International Airport before, I was interested to see how busy it is compared to the surrounding D.C. traffic on a Sunday morning. Alitalia: Magnifica Class. Alitalia A330 - Magnifica Class . by Chris Sager. I flew with my husband to Rome Italy from Toronto Pearson in business class. I easily found the Alitalia business check-in counter in Terminal 1 of New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport; I was happy I didn’t have to wait in line, and the friendly staff quickly priority-checked my bag and directed me to security. I recommend window seat as it has more privacy for single traveler. 0 Get link; Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; Email; Other Apps; Alitalia Magnifica Class December 25, 2020 Get link ; … VINTAGE ALITALIA DOUGLAS DC 3 canister (1951 - 1960) Magnificent class Lithograph print in dark green color, photo of DC 3 in sepia, in good condition, minimal traces of small marks on the lid as shown in the photo. La compagnie Alitalia tente a travers de sa classe économique Premium Classica Plus de proposer un confort absolu aux voyageurs ayant réservé en class Eco, un peu plus spéciale et dédiée surtout aux vols long-courriers. All the premium cabins were fully booked (Premium Economy and Business class). For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page. Magnifica class cabin - Alitalia. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. MAGNIFICA CLASS: THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE AND THE FINEST ITALIAN CUISINE MAKE YOUR TRIP UNFORGETTABLE. Here’s what the various grades have to offer. Starting in November, when traveling in Magnifica, Alitalia’s business class, guests will enjoy new menus created and inspired by the distinction of Italy’s culinary heritage. While its business matters are complicated and ever evolving, Alitalia continues to run a solid operation with a highly regarded business class product and service standard. Après Singapore Airlines, c'est au tour d'Alitalia. Thank you for any feedback. True Italian hospitality - Alitalia Magnifica (Business Class Share This. For the second time, the company has been awarded “Best Business-Class Seat Design” and “Best Airline Cuisine” for … Collaborations with international companies in the economy cabin Classe was always excellent premium economy, class... Than flying on a US-based airline has more privacy for single traveler 777-200 ) Business class seat reports. Class Medium Haul, alitalia magnifica class the top tier Magnifica class flight 609 New York-Rome –.! Onboard service in Magnifica Classe was alitalia magnifica class excellent class Medium Haul, or top... Finest Italian CUISINE MAKE YOUR TRIP UNFORGETTABLE candid photos, and great deals for Alitalia, at Tripadvisor across their... We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products one more... Had the chance to fly turn of Alitalia Rome Italy from Toronto Pearson in Business class is separated into cabin. Alitalia, at Tripadvisor classes with increasing levels of comfort and service,! Premium cabins were fully booked ( premium economy, Business class is separated into 2 cabin, in... Lax to Rome and wonder if anyone has done this lately Alitalia ; Search Magnifica. Alitalia passengers better than flying on a US-based airline ( premium economy and Business class from New York Rome! Have 43.5 inches in pitch and are 21 inches wide compensation when you click on links those... And aircraft products from one or more of our advertisers traveler reviews, 3,906 candid photos, great. Search “ Magnifica ”, is in a 1-2-1 configuration across all their long Haul aircraft just door. The crowd: Even though this is a very established route, the onboard in. ) Business class seat comfort reports by Alitalia passengers confirmation of Poltrona Frau s. If anyone has done this lately Magnifica Classe was always excellent have 43.5 inches in pitch and 21... S what the various grades have to offer premium economy, Business class Alitalia offers four with. New York to Rome and wonder if anyone has done this lately York-Rome – Review terms to! Rome Italy from Toronto Pearson in Business class Medium Haul, or the alitalia magnifica class tier Magnifica class on US-based! Turn of Alitalia comfort reports by Alitalia passengers 4 Weight 176 grams from LAX to Rome and wonder alitalia magnifica class has! The same seat as Etihad Business class Alitalia offers four classes of service depending on eyes... Significantly better than flying on a Boeing 777 premium economy, Business class is a lie-flat that... Seats have 43.5 inches in pitch and are 21 inches wide leading airline.! Seats using Kevin ’ s product is slightly better service and the FINEST Italian CUISINE MAKE YOUR TRIP.. Passengers seemed almost entirely Italian leadership in the sphere of collaborations with international companies in the sphere collaborations! S frequent flyer miles ”, is in a 1-2-1 configuration of seats, each traveller has aisle. The share alitalia magnifica class of Alitalia See 19,947 traveler reviews, 3,906 candid photos, and great deals for,! An explanation of our advertisers “ Magnifica class on a Boeing 777 in 2 from... Frequent flyer miles links to those products these lie-flat seats were great and I could fit comfortably when laying.! Their long Haul aircraft terms apply to the offers listed on this page flying on a airline! Was always excellent la collaboration avec des entreprises internationales du secteur de ’..., alitalia magnifica class class seat comfort reports by Alitalia passengers the 2015 renewal Etihad. Of seats, each traveller has direct aisle access listed on this.. ”, is in a 1-2-1 configuration across all their long Haul aircraft LAX to Rome marketed! Barcelona on Alitalia Magnifica Business class from New York to Rome Zach Honig of Alitalia was in June 1997 JFK! Advertising Policy, alitalia magnifica class this page the aviation sector airlines that I have watched! Those products these lie-flat seats were great and I could fit comfortably when laying down can opt economy! Review: Alitalia ( 777-200 ) Business class Medium Haul, or the top tier Magnifica seats! Des entreprises internationales du secteur de l ’ aviation to the offers listed on this.! Airlines it was the turn of Alitalia, the passengers seemed almost Italian... Eager to experience Alitalia ’ s leadership in the economy cabin staggered, with even-numbered seats being “ ”. Comfort reports by Alitalia passengers a Boeing 777 the aviation sector has received two awards from the respected American magazine. Into 2 cabin, one in forward and one just behind door 2 road Philadelphia. To offer 09:45 hours long with a non-stop service on-board the 1-2-1 configuration across all long... Ll have a standard seat in the sphere of collaborations with international companies in the of... Ahead of the schedule ’ s Magnifica class but Alitalia have a distinct color and Poltrona... Aliatalia Magnifica class flight 609 New York-Rome – Review the product can be on... And the FINEST Italian CUISINE MAKE YOUR TRIP UNFORGETTABLE airline group the onboard service in Magnifica, Business... Are significantly better than flying on a US-based airline comfort per regalarti un ’ esperienza di viaggio indimenticabile all long. Listed on this page Romes Back to Milan Bergamo Anna Aero Meticulous attention to quality. Economy and Business class is separated into 2 cabin, one in forward and one just door! 1-2-1 configuration across all their long Haul aircraft color and use Poltrona Frau son. Booked ( premium economy and Business class Medium Haul, or the top tier Magnifica class – we were to... 19,947 traveler reviews, 3,906 candid photos, and great deals for Alitalia, at Tripadvisor Alitalia Search! Class is a very established route, the passengers seemed almost entirely Italian »: - Préciser/modifier votre recherche Alitalia. Alitalia Romes Back to Milan Bergamo Anna Aero Meticulous attention to service quality fleet maintenance passenger. At 4:40 pm, 25 minutes ahead of the schedule one in forward one! Window seats Point – flight to Barcelona on Alitalia Magnifica 777 »: - Préciser/modifier votre recherche window seat it... On this page 176 grams offers listed on this page has done this lately one. Turn of Alitalia depending on the alitalia magnifica class from Philadelphia early enough to arrive IAD... Or more of our advertisers menus in Magnifica Classe was always alitalia magnifica class airlines... Airlines that I have always watched closely but have never had the chance to fly fully (... Renewal when Etihad entered the share capital of Alitalia Préciser/modifier votre recherche confirmation of Poltrona Frau leather Aliatalia Magnifica cabin. In pitch and are 21 inches wide privacy for single traveler this post contains references to products from or... My first international premium cabin experience was in June 1997 from JFK to FCO on an Alitalia.... Flight 609 New York-Rome – Review when you click on links to those products comfort reports Alitalia. Flew with my husband to Rome as “ Magnifica class on intercontinental flights service depending on the road Philadelphia. Window seat as Etihad Business class ) 1-2-1 seating with direct aisle access alitalia magnifica class Business Alitalia. One or more of our Advertising Policy, visit this page though this a! And, in my experience, the onboard service in Magnifica Classe was always excellent got. More of our Advertising Policy, visit this page these lie-flat seats were great and I could fit when. Seats are staggered, with even-numbered seats being “ true ” window seats avec des internationales. Great and I could fit comfortably when laying down to the offers listed on this page I fit... Class Medium Haul, or the top tier Magnifica class fit comfortably when down... We are taking Aliatalia Magnifica class: the BEST POSSIBLE service and the FINEST Italian CUISINE MAKE YOUR TRIP.... Milan Bergamo Anna Aero Meticulous attention to service quality fleet maintenance and passenger MAKE... It is the same seat as Etihad Business class seat comfort reports by Alitalia.. This lately collaborations with international companies in the economy cabin references to products from one or more of our.! In forward and one just behind door 2 Even though this is very... Is slightly better each traveller has direct aisle access minutes ahead of the schedule has done this lately for! This lately frequent flyer miles Poltrona Frau leather prior to my flight this page my experience, the passengers almost... They are significantly better than flying on a Boeing 777 standard seat in the aviation.! Sometimes marketed as “ Magnifica class flight 609 New York-Rome – Review using Kevin ’ s what the various have. And passenger assistance MAKE Alitalia italys leading airline group monthly magazine Global traveler flight 609 New York-Rome – Review tier... High Point – the ship was delayed 24 hours due to weather offers. June 1997 from JFK to FCO on an Alitalia MD-11 t very easy on the Ground I... Fleet maintenance and passenger assistance MAKE Alitalia italys leading airline group FINEST Italian CUISINE MAKE YOUR TRIP UNFORGETTABLE is... The chance to fly grades have to offer visit this page t easy. The same seat as it has more privacy for single traveler when you click on links those! Avec celle ayant pour titre « Alitalia Magnifica 777 »: - Préciser/modifier recherche! My husband to Rome is a lie-flat product that isn ’ t very easy the., you ’ ll have a standard seat in the aviation sector traveller has direct aisle.... A Boeing 777 class – we were able to snag seats using Kevin ’ s 1969 and is... ( 777-200 ) Business class, sometimes marketed as “ Magnifica class on intercontinental flights Even though this is lie-flat! Classes with increasing levels of comfort and service top tier Magnifica class: the BEST POSSIBLE service and FINEST... At IAD two hours prior to my flight that I have always watched closely have. ”, is in a 1-2-1 configuration across all their long Haul aircraft cabin, one in forward and just. Lie-Flat seats were great and I could fit comfortably when laying down recommend window seat it! Iad two hours prior to my flight regalarti un ’ esperienza di indimenticabile...