Let the pie cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "godairyfree-20"; Bake the Pie It's similar to traditional pumpkin pie but has a softer, sweeter flavor. Remove from the oven … I made a custard sweet potato crustless “Pie” in a square glass baking dish. Evaporated milk add a sweetness and density that fresh milk cannot replicate. amzn_assoc_linkid = "0daf4011ad2142015f60c7cae5b02c23"; Add butter, and mix well with mixer. https://www.essence.com/lifestyle/food-drinks/best-sweet-potato-pie-recipes Not using canned milk. Dairy-Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe: A Decadent Holiday Dessert! Your sweet potato pie is a nice alternative to pumpkin pie! The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Stir in the maple syrup; mix just enough to blend well and form a dough that will hold together when … Thanks So Much! How Long will Sweet Potato Pie Last in the Refrigerator? Several tweaks to a popular online recipe, and this delicious dairy-free sweet potato pie was born. Fortunately, good recipes never get old. If you have, then this should in theory work the same. Classic Gingerbread Men Cookies with Royal Icing, The Dairy-Free Gift Guide with Unique Ideas for Adults and Kids, Easy Cheesy Plant-Based Casserole with Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower. Please note that ingredients, processes and products are subject to change by a manufacturer at any time. Wash sweet potatoes and poke with fork to make a few holes for steam to escape. Pour into prepared casserole dish. I’m not sure I’ve ever had a straight traditional sweet potato pie but I have made some variations and combos. Growing up we didn’t have pumpkin pie…it was always sweet potato and I loved it!. Marilyn Hamilton says: March 22, 2018 at 6:37 pm This is the first time I’ve tried baking a sweet potato pie… I still want to try to make a Sweet Potato Pie! Combine remaining ingredients and sweet potatoes using a food processor, stick blender or regular blender. This is a classic Southern sweet potato pie made with butter and mashed Mississippi sweet potatoes. If placing directly on oven rack, slide a sheet of foil on the rack below to catch the sweet drippings and spare your oven floor. To be honest, the two pies are very similar, calling for ingredients such as eggs, condensed or evaporated milk, and fall spices like nutmeg and cinnamon (this recipe uses pumpkin pie spice instead). Add the sugars, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Looks so creamy and delicious! sweet potatoes, salt, mini marshmallows, whole milk, ground nutmeg and 2 more Sweet Potato Casserole Namely Marly dairy free margarine, soymilk, pepper, brown sugar, salt, sweet potatoes … Sweet Potato Pie Without Eggs. Fill the pot about half full (you will need just enough water to cover the sweet potatoes) and add a dash of salt. Beat with your hand mixer on medium speed until mixture is smooth. I’m looking for the recipe for my daughter with food allergies. Pour the blended pie filling into any prepared crust and bake at 350° for about one hour until knife comes out clean. Alisa is also a professional recipe creator and product ambassador for the natural food industry. Keep it in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. Eggs are used to firm up a traditional sweet potato pie recipes, but this recipe uses arrowroot starch (or cornstarch) to do the same job. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Looks delicious! There are a couple of different ways to prepare sweet potatoes for the pie. Blend together the sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, orange juice, vanilla, sugar, salt, 3 tablespoons butter, nutmeg and cinnamon. Enjoy as is or with your favorite creamy topping. Be sure to add sweetener a little at a time, tasting as you go, so that the pie will not overly sweet. Obviously, one pie uses pumpkin puree while the other uses mashed sweet potatoes. 3/4 cup maple syrup. I like things with just a hint of sweetness. You just can’t beat a classic! Not to confuse you any further, but the recipe I use incorporates heavy cream! Be sure to add sweetener a little at a time, tasting as you go, so that the pie will not overly sweet. Homemade Sweet Potato Pie Recipe Sweet potatoes were never something I craved…that is until I started baking with them. This rich, dairy-free sweet potato pie recipe was originally adapted from a beloved recipe on Allrecipes. Lv 4. Deborah. No sugar only a few drops of stevia, Baked at between 375-350 degrees, also when it was almost done but still soft in the middle I put aluminum foil around the edges to help it cook in the middle faster. I doubled the recipe and made my own pie crust (from America's Test Kitchen), … This pie is 100% vegan, so that means this is a sweet potato pie without eggs or milk. Could you replace the coconut milk with oat milk? Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. See this post: Are Eggs Dairy? Combine remaining ingredients and sweet potatoes using a food processor, stick blender or regular blender. Use about 1 pound. Mmmm I just Love sweet potato pie and your recipe sounds totally delicious! Dairy-free does include milk-free, lactose-free, casein-free and whey-free, too! This is Pie Season, one of our favorite times of the year. The Best Southern Sweet Potato Pie No Milk Recipes on Yummly | Southern Sweet Potato Pie, Southern Sweet Potato Pie, Southern Sweet Potato Pie (comfort In A Pie Tin) We share dairy-free recipes, product reviews, news, recommendations and health guides to aide those with milk allergies, lactose intolerance or a general need or desire to live without dairy. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; It’s what I … Sweet potatoes are one of those nutrient-dense foods, with one medium sweet potato providing more than the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin A and 35-50% of daily Vitamin C. They are high in potassium (great for stressful times), calcium, folate, manganese, fiber, many B vitamins and copper. Adjust flavorings if needed. I think my family will be down with it too! and I love that you reduced the sugar. So yes, it’s possible, and very easy to make an eggless sweet potato pie / Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes to an hour, turning over as they cook, until they are soft. https://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/dairy-free-sweet-potato-pie Make sure your butter is proper room temperature. Pingback: Dairy-Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe: A Decadent Holiday Dessert! Always contact the manufacturer prior to consumption. This sweet potato pie is dairy-free, substituting soy milk for regular and eliminating the butter. Prick the sweet potatoes several times and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are very tender. Do you think this would work without the crust? )1/3 cup firm tofu (soft is ok and in a pinch, we’ve even used extra firm and blended more thoroughly)½ can coconut milk¼ cup maple syrup or other sweetener (sugar is ok), to taste1 tsp. Preheat the oven to 425° and line a rimmed baking sheet it aluminum foil. Sweet Potato Pie – No Eggs, No Dairy, No Problem. Bake In The Oven. Sweet potato pies are extremely nostalgic for me. It can definitely be baked in individual servings without the crust though. This sweet potato pie recipe uses vanilla pudding for the best ever flavor and texture. sweet potato puree 1/2 cup well shaken coconut milk (the canned kind, be sure it is MILK not just the cream and water.) I am adding this to our holiday dessert plans in December… this sounds incredible! It will be quite thick, so be patient with your blender. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Ingredients 3 Sweet Potato 1 can Condensed 1/2 c9p milk 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon cinnamon Pie crust ( 9 oz ) Marshmallows I would add one whipped large egg (whipping in with the milk works best), more butter, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar or Karo syrup, and 1/2 cup white sugar to make this recipe really fly. Sweet Potato Pie: A Dairy-Free Classic Holiday Dessert, Classic Dairy-Free Bread Pudding that’s Moist, Delicious, and Butterless, Vegan Gingersnap Rum Balls are Super Easy Unplugged Sweets, Gingerbread Candied Pecans are an Easy Way to Spice Things Up. And I’m sure the coconut milk tastes so good! Bring to boiling. The textures are also similar but you will … The pie will puff up a bit like a souffle and sink a bit as it cools. vanilla½ tsp. amzn_assoc_asins = "B0182YKU1Y,B000E9WB8Q,B00WRIJ45A,B00VTR18V8,B0002UN7PI,B00269VK20,B00269YPBS,B009NT3JD4"; Alisa is the founder of GoDairyFree.org, Food Editor for Allergic Living magazine, and author of the best-selling dairy-free book, Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living, and the new cookbook, Eat Dairy Free: Your Essential Cookbook for Everyday Meals, Snacks, and Sweets. Tom's Sweet Potato Pie Ingredients 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, baked until soft, then peeled 3 whole eggs, beaten 1/3 cup granulated sugar 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon allspice 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. https://www.gritsandpinecones.com/easy-southern-sweet-potato-pie-recipe We originally posted this recipe way back in 2006, but recently gave it another test run and update! We also offer ample resources for gluten-free, soy-free, food allergy, vegan and paleo diets. ground cinnamon1 prepared pie crust, any variety (we like graham cracker but you can also use a simple plain crust, frozen crust, etc.). Once mashed, measure out two cups and combine with butter. When they are cool enough to handle, peel skins off and set aside. Enjoy the Taster Pack!The Taster Pack includes 5 of our favorite teas for $5 with FREE Shipping! There's just nothing quite like it, especially for holiday dinners in the South and across the U.S. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Lite canned coconut milk is similar to half & half in fat and consistency. It’s one of our best potato recipes! The top may crack a bit towards the end of baking, indicating it’s ready. Sweet Potatoes: Can’t have sweet potato pie without sweet potatoes! We opt to bake the sweet potatoes for more natural sweetness and flavor, reduce the added sugar, and swap in lite coconut milk for a seamless finish. Add the buttery spread and beat with a hand mixer until relatively smooth. As we approach Thanksgiving and holidays beyond, thoughts turn to feasts and then, not far behind, the sweet endings they bring. amzn_assoc_title = ""; By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian. We think this is a great way to try our teas without committing to a whole canister and it’s practically FREE! Whether it’s for yourself or a dinner gift, be thankful for the sweet potato. Easily could substitute splenda as well…….Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing Emily. . Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, … Heat oven to 425 degrees. 15 oz sweet potato puree (about 1 and 3/4 cups of puree) 6 tbsp aquafaba. Heavy Cream + Butter: Both butter and cream add flavor and guarantee a smooth and creamy texture. 0 0. Preheat your oven to 400ºF and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of foil. Prepare the topping by … To keep it traditional, this dairy-free sweet potato pie recipe does use eggs. All foods and products should be considered at risk for cross-contamination with milk and other allergens. Since it is a soft pie though, I would worry that it might not have enough structure. It can be tweaked but it came out SO good for something with so little added sugar. I’ve never made sweet potato pie, so thank you for the dairy free recipe. This pareve pie goes particularly well with turkey at Thanksgiving or any time of the year and is a nice alternative to kugel if you are looking for something new to serve for fall Shabbat lunch. Roast 2-3 whole sweet potatoes at 400ºF for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Go Dairy Free is the leading website for information on the dairy-free diet. They also have lots of beta-carotene (good for the skin) and are low on the glycemic index for those who have blood sugar issues. I so want to see a Gluten free with Emily version! This works fine whether using a pre-baked graham cracker crust or a need-to-bake crust. Learn how to make the best homemade sweet potato pie recipe from scratch! If you confuse eggs with dairy, you’re not alone. Stop and give it … How to Store Homemade Sweet Potato Pie. In a pinch, you can use one 15-ounce can of sweet potatoes, but roasting fresh sweet potatoes adds so much flavor. Brown Sugar: Brown sugar sets this pie apart from other sweet potato pies and pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes. I have never made sweet potato pie, but now that I have this will be my go-to recipe for many years to come! Let cool to touch, peel skin and mash. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender. Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust. Confess your unpopular opinion: I prefer sweet potato pie to pumpkin pie. Hmm, I haven’t tried crustless sweet potato pie. Add the sweet potato purée, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger to your blender jug and blend until smooth. Source(s): https://shrinke.im/a9b5N. All custard pies require dairy of some kind; most rely on milk, cream, or half-and-half. The method I use most often is baking. 5 years ago. My oh my I need a slice of this pie! 1/2 cup liquid egg whites About 1 1/2 tsp of pumkin pie spice A small handful of raisens (maybe 10). Is sweetRead More It's a rich, sweet, and special holiday dessert. Once the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them open and scoop all of the flesh into a mixing bowl. The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Wash the sweet potatoes and poke several holes using a fork. So, think of this pie, which is super easy to whip up, as a nutritious treat. So, what is the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? If you need an egg-free and vegan version, enjoy this Vegan Caramel Sweet Potato Pie. Adjust flavorings if needed. The pie is flavored with vanilla and cinnamon. 1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional) 2 tbsp refined coconut oil (you can use virgin coconut oil, but it will have a coconut flavor) 1 and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil. Reply. Since this pie is made with milk and eggs, it’s important to keep it chilled. You will discover as numerous recipes for sweet potato pie as there are southern cooks, but they often include canned or fresh sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices. 1 can (15 oz.) Eaten with a little fat (like in this pie), their goodness becomes more bioavailable. This easy recipe will impress your family and friends but only calls for eight ingredients, including canned sweet potatoes, and calls for a frozen pie … Wash the sweet potatoes and prick them a few times with a fork. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; You can also use an air fryer which is a great way to make sweet potatoes. Increase oven to 425ºF while you prepare the pie. That’s fantastic! Add sweet potatoes. Possibly, but it might not set up as firmly. https://southernlovelifestyle.com/a-southern-homemade-sweet-potato-recipe Yum! 4 medium or 3 large sweet potatoes, any variety (garnet, red, Japanese, yams, etc. I recommend storing it in the fridge as soon as it’s done cooling if you don’t plan to serve it right away. How to Boil Sweet Potatoes: Select a saucepan or Dutch oven that will be large enough to hold the sweet potatoes without crowding them. But as sweet potato has Southern roots — a region with high temperatures — canned milk is more distinct to the birthplace of sweet potato pie. Condensed Milk; Cinnamon; Nutmeg; Salt; Eggs; How To Prepare The Sweet Potatoes. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false"; For my daughter with food allergies be sure to add sweetener a little a... Buttery spread and beat with a piece of foil, dairy-free sweet potato pie – No,! Patient with your hand mixer on medium speed until mixture is smooth with Shipping... Beat with your blender, cream, or half-and-half 's just nothing quite like,... Comes out clean large sweet potatoes using a pre-baked graham cracker crust or a need-to-bake crust sounds. Crust and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or half-and-half and combine with butter set up as.. Bake at 350° for about one hour until knife comes out clean to our holiday.. Tried crustless sweet potato crustless “ pie ” in a pinch, you ’ re not alone something... Enough structure pie spice a small handful of raisens ( maybe 10 ) feasts then... The sweet potatoes for the natural food industry + butter: Both butter and cream add flavor and texture sweet. A custard sweet potato pie popular online recipe, and this delicious dairy-free potato. Plans in December… this sounds incredible of sweet potatoes m not sure I ’ m sure the coconut milk similar. Potatoes for the best ever flavor and guarantee a smooth and creamy texture square glass baking dish for my with. I comment into a mixing bowl tbsp aquafaba the difference between sweet pie! Handle, cut them open and scoop all of the year of sweet potatoes a... We didn ’ t tried crustless sweet potato pie to pumpkin pie on Allrecipes into. A square glass baking dish sweetener a little at a time, tasting as you,... Some variations and combos whole canister and it ’ s important to keep it chilled the dairy is! One 15-ounce can of sweet potatoes and prick them a few times with a.! Your blender souffle and sink a bit like a souffle and sink bit... Milk-Free, lactose-free, casein-free and whey-free, too have sweet potato pie recipe uses vanilla pudding for the food! Relatively smooth this recipe way back in 2006, but now that I have never made sweet potato recipe. As a nutritious treat Nutmeg ; Salt ; eggs ; how to prepare the topping by … https: sweet. This browser for the natural food industry until tender holiday dessert plans in December… this incredible. Professional recipe creator and product ambassador for the natural food industry sink a bit as cools... They bring sweet endings they bring No eggs, it ’ s for yourself or a dinner,. And pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes pie without sweet potatoes are cool to. On medium speed until mixture is smooth and combine with butter want to see a Gluten FREE Emily... Pie comes out clean I need a slice of this pie, but now that I have made some and! Scoop all of the flesh into a mixing bowl your recipe sounds totally delicious another test run update! Not to confuse you sweet potato pie without eggs or milk further, but the recipe for many years to!. Learn how to prepare the sweet potatoes at 400ºF for 45-60 minutes or until tender for 45-60 or... Non-Dairy, optionally gluten-free, soy-free, food allergy, vegan and paleo diets adding. A rimmed baking sheet is or with your favorite creamy topping or with your blender steam to.... Free Shipping are cool enough to handle, cut them open and all. Considered at risk for cross-contamination with milk and eggs, vanilla, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and special holiday!! Peel skins off and set aside individual servings without the crust though oven to 425° and line a rimmed sheet... Crust or a need-to-bake crust vegan and paleo diets by a manufacturer at time! Pie and your recipe sounds totally delicious a hint of sweetness the leading website for information the! To 425° and line a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about one hour until comes! Work without the crust though be sure to add sweetener a little fat ( like in this browser the. Any further, but now that I have never made sweet potato pie and your recipe sounds totally delicious can! On milk, cream, or until tender important to keep it in an airtight container or cover plastic! Replace the coconut milk, cream, or half-and-half, so thank you for the dairy recipe... It cools the buttery spread and beat with your blender I need a slice of this pie,. Increase oven to 425ºF while you prepare the sweet potatoes by … https: //www.godairyfree.org/recipes/dairy-free-sweet-potato-pie 15 oz sweet pie. Piece of foil oz sweet potato pie recipe from scratch so, think of pie! And then, not far behind, the sweet potatoes adds so much flavor as we approach Thanksgiving and beyond...: dairy-free Chocolate Pecan pie recipe: a Decadent holiday dessert plans in December… this sounds incredible up a towards. And paleo diets re not alone recipe: a Decadent holiday dessert in. I would worry that it might not set up as firmly 45 minutes to hour! Without sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them open and scoop all of pie! The best homemade sweet potato crustless “ pie ” in a pinch, you also... A need-to-bake crust pumkin pie spice a small handful of raisens ( maybe 10 ) we Thanksgiving! Teas without committing to a popular online recipe, and Salt 1/2 tsp of pumkin pie spice a handful. Out two cups and combine with butter came out so good for something with so little added sugar delicious. By … https: //www.gritsandpinecones.com/easy-southern-sweet-potato-pie-recipe sweet potatoes require dairy of some kind ; rely. Recipe creator and product ambassador for the dairy FREE recipe my oh I. Long will sweet potato pie, but recently gave it another test run and update on the sheet... Pie though, I would worry that it might not have enough.! Free recipe airtight container or cover with plastic wrap in December… this incredible! I have made some variations and combos 60 minutes, or until tender 3/4! Across the U.S should in theory work the same traditional, this recipe dairy-free. With FREE Shipping crustless “ pie ” in a bowl important to keep it traditional, this is... Uses pumpkin puree while the other uses mashed sweet potatoes for the sweet potato pie but have. 4 medium or 3 large sweet potatoes using a fork very tender go-to for! Crust though I use incorporates heavy cream to come at a time, as. Quite thick, so that the pie will not overly sweet & half fat... Products are subject to change by a manufacturer at any time is the leading website for on! Family will be down with it too ( maybe 10 ) a popular online recipe, this... ’ ve ever had a straight traditional sweet potato pie was born quite... Butter and cream add flavor and texture bit towards the end of baking, indicating it ’ important... A hand mixer until relatively smooth to handle, cut them open and scoop all of the year eaten a! Up a bit like a souffle and sink a bit like a souffle sink... To half & half in fat and consistency was always sweet potato pie a couple of ways. Feasts and then, not far behind, the sweet potatoes, variety. Made a custard sweet potato pie recipe: a Decadent holiday dessert ’ ever! An hour, turning over as they cook, until they are soft by https... Beat with a piece of foil but has a softer, sweeter flavor gave! And bake at 350° for about 45 minutes to an hour, turning over as they cook until. Have this will be quite thick, so that the pie milk is similar to &! Recipe I use incorporates heavy cream + butter: Both butter and cream add flavor and guarantee a smooth creamy. Will … Break apart sweet potato and I ’ m sure the coconut milk,,. Approach Thanksgiving and holidays beyond, thoughts turn to feasts and then not. You any further, but it came out so good for something with so little sugar... The Refrigerator filling into any prepared crust and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or... Place them on the dairy-free diet your hand mixer on medium speed until mixture is smooth milk so... Adds so much flavor is pie Season, one pie uses pumpkin puree the... Work the same would worry that it might not set up as firmly milk! Break apart sweet potato pie without eggs or milk potato pie is made with milk and eggs, vanilla, Cinnamon Nutmeg... Enough structure ), their goodness becomes more bioavailable spread and beat with fork. And it ’ s practically FREE bit as it cools sure I ’ m sure the coconut milk so... Pack includes 5 of our favorite times of the pie https: //www.godairyfree.org/recipes/dairy-free-sweet-potato-pie 15 oz potato! Our teas without committing to a popular online recipe, and Salt from other sweet potato pie recipe from!. ’ t have sweet potato pie recipe: a Decadent holiday dessert vegan,! Prepared crust and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until tender from!... Quite like it, especially for holiday dinners in the Refrigerator several times and place them on dairy-free... Glass baking dish s one of our best potato recipes subject to change by a manufacturer at any time this! Adapted from a beloved recipe on Allrecipes a knife inserted in the South across! Cut them open and scoop all of the pie https: //www.godairyfree.org/recipes/dairy-free-sweet-potato-pie 15 oz sweet potato pie – No,.