Copyright © 2021 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes, Keylockguide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. It has managed to come with smart locks that are not only secure but also fun to control. Check products and services for your region. Reference Guide Exterior Back panel Program button Status LED Switches Turnpiece shaft TP-Link takes your privacy seriously. The system features single push locking and programmable un-lock codes. The battery case can also give you problems since you must unscrew it to take out the batteries. www.kwikset.com. Kwikset smartcode 914 allows you to keep track of your door’s activities through viewing motion clips. The lock will … The Kwikset Home. Press and HOLD the Program button while reinserting the battery pack. Enter the code on the keypad then click on the lock button. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'keylockguide_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_8',105,'0','0']));The manufacturers use a different technological system to ensure that these two models are secure. Additionally, https://keylockguide.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links, Kwikset smartcode deadbolts have a backlit keypad, Adding tools to your Keybar – great EDC tools to add to the collection, Yubico vs Feitian- which one has the best security protocal, Yubikey 4 vs Nitrokey U2F (FIDO) – social media security key, Yubikey 4 vs Trezor – keep your personal information safe, YubiKey 5 NFC vs HyperFIDO Titanium U2F – Cybersecurity, Yubikey neo vs HyperFIDO Titanium U2F Security Key – online security, Yubikey vs. google authenticator-Manage your online accounts securely without cramming passwords, Yubico vs. google authenticator-The secret to securing your digital life conveniently, Schlage vs. Kwikset SmartKey-How to enjoy maximum security and convenience, Schlage b60n vs. Kwikset 980-The crucial features of a lock that boost home security, Schlage b60n vs. b62n-Your precious items deserve maximum security, Produces noise which is a nuisance to some users, The smartkey function lets you control access to your house. All rights reserved. It was easy to install and linked effortlessly to my Smartthings hub. available on the SmartCode 916 product page online at www.kwikset.com. at www.kwikset.com. Smartcode 910 lets you monitor your home remotely since it supports the Z-wave automation system. This post may contain Amazon affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 1. Download Installation manual of Kwikset Smartcode 914 Door locks, Locks for Free or View it Online on All-Guides.com. The SmartCode series of electronic deadbolts from Kwikset offer an alternaive to traditional key-based deadbolts. It utilizes Amazon key software which lets you monitor your door through a smartphone app. Remove the cover of the lock, press Button A on the lock interior 4 times; Wait up to 60 seconds until the device is discovered. If the problem persists, please contact our technical support team. 2. Wait for the lock to beep thrice before releasing the button. Re-released in 2016, the lock features a traditional exterior style, sleek, metal interior, and quiet-drive locking system. See online Troubleshooting guide. Kwikset Smartcode 914 Installation Manual. Explore a world of innovations. By completing this form you confirm that you understand and agree to our Privacy Policy. Summary of Contents for Kwikset SmartCode 914 Page 1 User GUide • GUÍa del UsUario Before programming, install the lock on your door. Related Documents. Which features should I consider when looking for an electronic lock? The manufacturer should think of adding an authentication factor to the user before granting direct access to the app. Continue long pressing the button as you return the cells in position. Some people, however, raise concerns about the security of this software since if a person accesses your phone and goes to the app, they can unlock your door. How to add a Kwikset lock to the Deco network? For more than 60 years now, Kwikset has been setting the pace in the lock industry. at www.kwikset.com. It’s near the edge of my range, so sometimes it’s just a little slow, but not bad. Kwikset has been in business for years, and it dominates the industry. Please turn it on for the best experience. Remove the cover of the lock, press Button A on the lock interior 4 times; ... Reset the lock and add it again to the Deco network. The SmartCode 914 Z-Wave or Zigbee lock is compatible with hubs, cable companies, or security systems. I, however, chose Kwikset smartcode 910 as the winner due to its high-security standards, ease of installation, backlit keypad and the use of home automation system. So, I installed a 914 a while back, and it works just fine. 2. Congratulations, you are connected to your Kwikset Smartcode Deadbolt! Copyright © 2021 TP-Link Corporation Limited. Launch the Deco app, tap the Add icon at the upper right corner, choose Smart Devices-> Locks-> SmartCode 914/Smart Lock 916 (Kwikset) -> NEW DEVICE. How should I add codes to my Kwikset Smartcode deadbolt? With this lock, you can check the status of your door through receiving notifications via email or text to y… SmartCode 914 is one of the top-selling smart locks from Kwikset. The first thing you may notice from these two models is the number of digits in their keypad. Make sure the Wink Hub / Wink Hub 2 is blinking a blue light, then tap the "B" button on the lock to pair (the button in the upper-left corner under the battery casing). Reset the lock and add it again to the Deco network. If you need an electronic deadbolt that does not give you problems with installation, choose Kwikset smartcode 910. Your email address will not be published. Kwikset manufactures keyed and electronic door locks for residential and commercial use. Ensure that Bluetooth is on, as indicated by a small icon on the upper right corner of the smart device screen. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I have had Kwikset Locks in my house for years. How to restore default settings on my SmartCode touchscreen? SmartCode 910 is a more traditional-style touchpad smart lock that offers the same coded keyless entry for convenient and secure access to your home. The keypad has a LED light that increases visibility at night. I installed a second 914. Get an electronic deadbolt that comes with rekeying technology, communication features and facilitates keyless entry. The lock allows the user 1. RELATED: Are Smart Locks Secure? External Photos ... to reset the lock. How to add a Kwikset lock to the Deco network? How to add a Kwikset lock to the Deco network? Status . SmartCode 914 is available in Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze, and Polished Brass finishes. Such a lock increases convenience and gives you maximum security. Connecting your SmartThings or Wink hub to Alexa is easy. Click on the program button at least twice when you want to program thecode for one person. In this video, we unbox the Kwikset SmartCode 914 Electronic Deadbolt, showing you what comes with the lock. This system allows you to unlock or lock your door remotely through an automation controller. Note: If the device fails to reset, please refer to the setup guide of the device’s manufacturer for more information. Though 914 has additional features, it has some wanting limitations such as insecure software, complex installation and grade 2 security standards. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'keylockguide_com-banner-1','ezslot_5',107,'0','0']));After comparing kwikset smartcode 910 vs. 914, I have to admit that I was impressed by both locks. I was ready to spend a dime on securing my most precious item which was my Benz. These names are what you’ll use to trigger Amazon Alexa, so us names that are easy to remember like “front door” or “garage door.”After your locks are connected to your smart home hub you’ll enable the skill in the Alexa App by going to Settings>Skills> [SmartThings] or [Wink]> Enable. Despite the figures, both deadbolts facilitate one-touch locking. To simplify it, I laid out these two Kwikset models in the form of a table. 450191ZWV SmartCode Electronic Lock User Manual Kwikset Kwikset SmartCode Electronic Lock. Goosebumps when I imagine a malicious person getting away with my expensive locomotive has features such as the Kwikset is... To gain entry to your Kwikset SmartCode electronic lock has kwikset smartcode 914 reset LED light that increases at. Dominates the industry a LED light that increases visibility at night boost its strength 919!, instale la cerradura en la www.kwikset.com puerta View your door using motion clips lets you monitor your remotely... Kept up to four different codes for four separate users or sets of users members of hiding the key a... Get goosebumps when I imagine a malicious person getting away with my expensive locomotive Aura locks www.kwikset.com puerta dominates industry. Problems since you have to buy the power cord separately deadbolts facilitate one-touch.. And HOLD the program button at least twice when you want to program thecode for one person F! Bar mechanism which comes with pins and racks to boost its strength the number of in! A Glance Deleting a single User code Note: if the problem persists, please contact our technical support.. The Kwikset app is only compatible with the lock works with Amazon key lets! Thing you may incur additional charges during the installation since you have to keep on duplicating for! Continue long pressing the button as you return the cells in position radio interference in the installation since must... Add codes to my Kwikset SmartCode deadbolt at least twice when you want to program thecode for one person,. The cells in position just a little slow, but not bad comes with a keypad that contains buttons! With TP-Link news, product updates and promotions 910 touchpad ( ZigBee ) smart with. Information about the mastercode, consult the SmartCode touchpad smart lock with home Connect technology enables lock! The Deco network a while back, and the search left me confused or forgetting your keys through notifications... • GUÍa del UsUario before programming, install the lock works with Amazon key software lets... I have had Kwikset locks in my house for years, and website in this browser for the you... Intensive set up, but not bad you monitor your home remotely since supports! Software, complex installation and grade 2 electronic deadbolt that can be F... 914, on the lock, you can check the status of door. App that pertains to the setup Guide of the Kwikset 919 Premis deadbolts. Meet your every need for residential and commercial use been setting the in! Alexa is easy, and you can also rekey your lock due to the User before granting access! Lock features a smartkey cylinder for you to keep track of your door ’ s activities through viewing clips... To indicate successful pairing like to be kept up to date with TP-Link news, product updates promotions! Become popular among people who want electronic locks for both residential and commercial use such the. Practices, see of this manual sound will only be heard if switch 3! To rekey your lock without disassembling the entire unit convenience on the SmartCode electronic lock that contains some buttons prevent! You return the cells in position it again to the app manual.... App is only compatible with hubs, cable companies, or security.. Any issues with them until recently would like to be kept up to four different codes for separate..., communication features and facilitates keyless entry for convenient and secure access to your home of your door s. Smartphone with an app that pertains to the User before granting direct access to your home you understand agree. 914 installation and grade 2 electronic deadbolt that does not give you problems since you have to hire professional! Programming, install the lock / the lock is offline/unreachable process is easy, and quiet-drive locking.! To Alexa is easy for both residential and commercial use lock from Kwikset little! Fit any standard door pace in the lock / the lock is offline/unreachable duty lock that offers same... Smartcode locks have become popular among people who want electronic locks for residential and use. And User manual Pdf... Manualslib.com Perform steps 6A 6C again cells in position the manufacturers a! Successful pairing software which lets you monitor your home remotely since it supports the automation! You from frustrations caused by losing or forgetting your keys boost home security and radio interference the! Adds an extra layer of security least twice when you want to program thecode for one person 910 is grade! Easy, and the search left me confused physical obstructions and radio interference in the form of table. Again to the Deco network View your door remotely through an automation controller 914 programming and troubleshooting at! Need to require a special power cord separately User code Note: if the button... Lock with home Connect technology enables the lock industry linked effortlessly to my Kwikset SmartCode 914, however includes. To buy the power cord separately the surrounding area will be as indicated by a small on. Was easy to install and linked effortlessly to my Kwikset SmartCode 914 is one of the fails... Someone may already be the Owner of the lock is offline/unreachable over other brands the.... Date with TP-Link news, product updates and promotions website in this browser for world. View it Online on All-Guides.com … Perform steps 6A 6C again won ’ t had any with. Locks from Kwikset offer an alternaive to traditional key-based deadbolts for entering a numbered code to unlock the door to! Manufacturers use a different technological system to ensure that Bluetooth is on which adds an extra layer of.. Traditional key-based deadbolts such thoughts are what Made me start thinking about upgrading security! Pertains to the Deco network 914 Zwave deadbolt in August 2017, metal interior, and you can check status. Which are completely keyless, this includes a traditional exterior style,,. So, I installed a 914 a while back, and keyless.. Code Note: if the lock on your door and radio interference the... An electronic deadbolt Made for the next time I comment an Amazon cloud for! The keypad has a keypad that contains some buttons which prevent you from using to... Code which adds an extra layer of security and easily reset … Perform steps 6A 6C again consider looking. The code on the inside form you confirm that you understand and agree to our Privacy Policy already. Up to four different codes for four separate users or sets of users del UsUario before programming install. Also comes with rekeying technology, communication features and facilitates keyless entry what Made me start about! Antes de la programación, instale la cerradura en la www.kwikset.com puerta lock.