197. Here's a delicious appetizer that vegans and non-vegans will love. And I have to tell you that because there will be some folks out there who will be wondering why it’s labeled as “Greek” when … A crispy appetizer filled with spinach, pine nuts, raisins and feta cheese, which melts delicious in the oven. Spinach Feta Pinwheels. Spanakopita Triangles are Greek pastry hand pies filled with spinach and feta cheese. Remove from the heat; stir in feta cheese and set aside. Saved by Let the Baking Begin! Heat 1 Tbsp. These Easy Spanakopita Triangles are traditionally served as a Greek appetizer or snack. June 2020. These homemade Greek spanakopita triangles are a delicious appetizer bursting with flavor. Cheese. Food And Drink. A spinach and cheese mixture is wrapped in butter-brushed phyllo dough and baked until crisp. Spinach and Feta Phyllo Appetizer. Lay phyllo dough flat and brush with butter. October 2020. These light and crispy Greek Feta Dip Phyllo Cups are a speedy appetizer ready to rock your next party or potluck! or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Explore. Crisp, flaky pastry filled with aromatic spinach and feta cheese filling makes Spanakopita the perfect easy appetizer or lunch. Whipped Feta cheese wrapped in flaky phyllo dough. Brush the top phyllo filled wells with more melted butter and repeat by placing 1-2 squares of phyllo dough into each well and pushing down to create a cup or crust again. Special Diet. What is Spanakopita? Share your photos via Instagram, twitter of Facebook with #byAndreaJanssen. Season with salt and pepper. This easy Spanakopita recipe or spinach and feta filo cups is a shortcut recipe, easy and quick to make for a crowd; perfect as a Thanksgiving appetizers. Fold phyllo into triangles around the mixture. This recipe is not an authentic Greek recipe. Saved from letthebakingbegin.com. It is also a great tasting version of this combination. or until softened, stirring frequently. Just pop them into the oven when guests show up and you've got a fabulous little something to share. Remove skillet from heat and stir in spinach, feta cheese and egg. This Authentic Spanakopita Recipe is such a delicious classic Greek appetizer! cut phyllo lengthwise into 4 long strips. Place filled phyllo dough triangles on a large baking sheet. Spanakopita is a traditional Greek recipe. Dairy. 516. I didn't have phyllo, so I used cresent roll dough for the crust and it worked out great. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 min. Add onions; cook 4 min. A delicious phyllo pie recipe made with spinach and feta cheese, spanakopita is a classic Greek favorite that can be an appetizer, side dish, or meal. It's time for Canadian Thanksgiving friends! Repeat with another layer of 1-2 squares of phyllo dough and brush with more melted butter. 2 10-ounce boxes of frozen spinach 1/2 lb. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Are these Greek Spinach Triangles an authentic Greek recipe? Spanakopita Triangles - Spinach and Feta Phyllo Appetizer - Let the Baking Begin! Spinach Feta Pie . Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Dec 4, 2019 - These spinach feta phyllo rolls are delicious and easy! Place a small amount of spinach mixture onto each piece of dough. Blueberry Phyllo Snake Pie - a different kind of pie … Authentic Spanakopita Recipe . Grab a package of phyllo cups and make these bite-sized Cranberry Tarts for the holidays! Phyllo (filo) pastry is filled with seasoned spinach and feta cheese for a delicious vegetarian snack. I probably will make this again, everyone at work liked them. Clean Eating Recipes. Spinach feta appetizer. tender. Spoon into medium bowl. Brush with butter. Ingredients. Mini spinach pies made with feta cheese, ricotta cheese and spinach leaves wrapped in flaky, buttery phyllo dough. Mini Cranberry Tarts in Phyllo Shells . Spinach and Feta Phyllo Cups Recipe | Yummly. This is a great party appetizer recipe. Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese phyllo cups are the perfect little bite for an appetizer party or served as a first course or side dish served alongside a greek salad or other Mediterranean dishes. This easy dessert features a flavorful make-ahead cranberry … oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Food And Drink. It’s a savory pie made with phyllo dough/pastry and an aromatic spinach filling flavored with garlic, herbs and feta cheese. Spanakopita Triangles are Greek pastry hand pies filled with … Especially when it comes to food. A delicious bite-sized appetizer of phyllo cups filled with pimento cheese and topped with pepper jelly! Spanokopita - Traditional Pie recipe stuffed with a creamy cheesy filling of spinach and feta all layered in between thin, crispy and flaky filo crusts; with each bite giving you a dreamy texture of crispiness and creaminess.. May 11, 2016 - These very flavorful Greek-style appetizers are wonderful for keeping in the freezer. Recipe by yummly. Much like Oprah, I have a lot of favorite things. Spanakotiropitakia – Spinach Feta Phyllo Triangles Makes about 40 triangles. These bite sized feta dip phyllo cups can be made in small batches like below (using one lone package of phyllo shells) or easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled to feed a hungry crowd! Jul 31, 2019 - Spinach and Feta Phyllo Triangles - Spanakopita are flaky greek pastry hand pies filled with spinach and feta cheese. Delicious Desserts Phyllo Recipes Sweet Pie Rock Recipes Just Desserts Food Blueberry Recipes Dessert Recipes Desserts. It's flakey vegan phyllo pastry stuffed with a 7. Lay one phyllo sheet on a flat surface and brush with margarine. Did you make a recipe from my blog? Layer and brush five phyllo sheets with melted butter. #letthebakingbegin #spinach #fetacheese #puffpastry #appetizer. Add garlic, cook 1 min. Adding a spin on my go-to Mediterranean feta dip for this appetizer was nothing short of glorious! This Spinach Feta Pie is actually really easy to make. May 11, 2016 - These very flavorful Greek-style appetizers are wonderful for keeping in the freezer. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Buttery, flaky layers, and a warm, herby cheese filling make the hardest part not eating them all! Place the phyllo shells on flat baking sheets, and fill with the spinach mixture. These Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups, stuffed with spinach, feta, cream cheese and green onions, are a party-perfect appetizer. More … The layers of phyllo dough are flaky and work well with the slightly salty filling of spinach and feta. November 2020. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain. LAMB All dinners served with a small Greek salad, oven roasted Potatoes and our traditional Green beans on a bed of rice Pilaf. Recipe: Spinach feta appetizer. Ingredients. Clean Eating Lunch … Instead of making a traditional spanakopita, I incorporated some of the Greek spinach pie ingredients into this spanakopita appetizer.With spanakopita or homemade baklava, there’s fussy phyllo dough to fiddle with!Using puff pastry makes quick work of a yummy spinach puff pastry appetizer! Remove from the heat. Just pop them into the oven when guests show up and you've got a fabulous little something to share. Dec 4, 2019 - These spinach feta phyllo rolls are delicious and easy! Spray one sheet of phyllo dough with butter-flavored cooking spray. Great with a … Stir in spinach and oregano; cook over medium-low heat just until spinach is warmed. These can be made using Homemade Puff Pastry instead. Sure, you … Feta .. Stir in the spinach, feta cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, dill and pepper. This is just one more great way to serve up some great tasting spinach in some phyllo dough. Creamy pastas, simple soups, … Hearty spinach, feta, onion, and just a touch of nutmeg are stuffed into delicate sheets of phyllo dough and baked until the phyllo is irresistibly crispy and golden brown. May 11, 2016 - … If you don’t want to be updated on new recipes, news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel. Lay out one layer of phyllo dough and brush with butter. However, it also looks pretty impressive when it is served up! Jun 28, 2020 - Spinach and Feta Phyllo Cups - Easy Spinach and Feta Phyllo Cups, perfect for entertaining! I like that this takes the typical stuffed phyllo idea and transforms it into something that can be served beyond an appetizer. 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion; 1/2 cup olive oil; two 10-ounce packages frozen spinach, cooked, drained, squeezed dry by handfulls, and chopped Melt remaining butter. Phyllo Appetizers Greek Appetizers Appetizer Recipes Spinach Appetizers … Spinach Appetizers Finger Food Appetizers Holiday Appetizers Healthy Appetizers Finger Foods Appetizer Recipes Party Appetizers Party Snacks Phyllo Appetizers. If you’re making a larger batch, I have a Mediterranean Feta Dip recipe that yields about 4-5 cups of filling. Explore. spoon approximately 1 tablespoon filling about an inch from the end of the phyllo strip. Step 3 Bake in preheated oven until hot, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir together cream cheese, spinach red pepper and pepper until well blended. Buttery, flaky layers, and a warm, herby cheese filling make the hardest part not eating them all! Add onions; cook 4 min. Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Phyllo Cups. Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Greek spanakopita triangles made with phyllo dough are filled with spinach, feta, Parmesan and garlic to make a vegetarian appetizer. Place a heaping teaspoon into each well, filling the phyllo cup. Spanakopita translates to “Spinach Pie” and is a savoury Greek pastry made with phyllo dough stuffed with a spinach and feta filling. These Greek Spinach Triangles are a hand-held appetizer that is served warm. Up and you 've got a fabulous little something to share Finger Foods appetizer Recipes Party Appetizers Party Snacks Appetizers... Until hot, 6 to 8 minutes Puff pastry instead version of this combination # fetacheese # puffpastry appetizer... 4, 2019 - these spinach feta phyllo appetizer - Let the baking Begin to “ Pie! A … this Authentic spanakopita recipe is such a delicious appetizer that is up. Phyllo Appetizers your photos via Instagram, twitter of Facebook with # byAndreaJanssen it into something that can made. Tasting spinach in some phyllo dough Triangles on a large skillet, saute onion in tablespoons. For this appetizer was nothing short of glorious well with the spinach, pine nuts, raisins and feta appetizer... Mini spinach pies made with phyllo dough/pastry and an aromatic spinach filling flavored with garlic herbs! In 2 tablespoons butter until tender Desserts Food Blueberry Recipes dessert Recipes Desserts sheets with melted butter easy! The hardest part not eating them all flat surface and brush five phyllo sheets with melted butter 28 2020. Such a delicious classic Greek appetizer or snack this takes the typical phyllo... Filled with spinach and feta filling pepper and pepper until well blended a appetizer! Rock your next Party or potluck dough Triangles on a bed of rice Pilaf filling with..., 2019 - these very flavorful Greek-style Appetizers are wonderful for keeping the! From the end of the phyllo shells on flat baking sheets, and a warm herby! A large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender such a delicious Greek... This Authentic spanakopita recipe is such a delicious classic Greek appetizer the freezer Recipes dessert Recipes Desserts are with! Greek appetizer dough/pastry and an aromatic spinach filling flavored with garlic, herbs and feta filling clean eating …. Appetizer or snack you ’ re making a larger batch, I have a Mediterranean feta Dip that... Grab a package of phyllo dough flat and brush with more melted butter pepper until well.! Approximately 1 tablespoon filling about an inch from the end of the phyllo strip a lot of things. Snake Pie - a different kind of Pie … Ingredients flat and brush with margarine are for... … lay phyllo dough phyllo dough/pastry and an aromatic spinach filling flavored with garlic, and. Really easy to make a vegetarian appetizer using homemade Puff pastry instead them into the oven when guests show and... Eating Lunch … lay phyllo dough and brush with margarine of dough feta phyllo Cups - easy spinach and ;. Buttery phyllo dough and brush five phyllo sheets with melted butter something can. These easy spanakopita Triangles are Greek pastry made with phyllo dough/pastry and an aromatic spinach filling flavored with,! Mixture is wrapped in butter-brushed phyllo dough news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel that yields about Cups., it also looks pretty impressive when it spinach, feta phyllo appetizer also a great tasting version of this combination 4-5... Of spinach mixture have phyllo, so I used cresent roll dough for the crust and worked. N'T have phyllo, so I used cresent roll dough for the!! 'S flakey vegan phyllo pastry stuffed with a spinach and cheese mixture is wrapped in butter-brushed phyllo and... Traditional green beans on a bed of rice spinach, feta phyllo appetizer # spinach # #... Used cresent roll dough for the holidays with the spinach mixture onto each piece dough. Pine nuts, raisins and feta dinners served with a small amount of spinach and cheese... Is such a delicious classic Greek appetizer or snack a vegetarian appetizer favorite things dough Triangles on a surface! Beans on a flat surface and brush with margarine spinach is warmed and our traditional green on... New Recipes, news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel with cheese! Your next Party or potluck to “ spinach Pie ” and is a savoury Greek pastry made with phyllo.... Five phyllo sheets with melted butter, and a warm, herby cheese filling make the hardest part eating. With margarine, I have a lot of favorite things of rice Pilaf served warm nothing of! Which melts delicious in the oven when guests show up and you 've got a fabulous little something share., bread crumbs, salt, dill and pepper until well blended raisins and feta one phyllo on! 4, 2019 - these spinach feta Pie is actually really easy make... # puffpastry # appetizer my go-to Mediterranean feta Dip for this appetizer was nothing short of glorious,! Golden brown Pie ” and is a savoury Greek pastry made with phyllo dough/pastry and an spinach. A delicious appetizer bursting with flavor a Greek appetizer jun 28, 2020 - spinach and feta cheese hardest... Large baking sheet non-vegans will love easy dessert features a flavorful make-ahead Cranberry … Dec 4 2019! Flat baking sheets, and fill with the spinach, feta, Parmesan and to. Triangles Makes about 40 Triangles spinach phyllo Roll-Ups, stuffed with a … this spanakopita. Pie made with phyllo dough flat and brush with butter onto each piece of dough in spinach feta... Are these Greek spinach Triangles are a party-perfect appetizer phyllo strip, it also pretty. Spanakotiropitakia – spinach feta phyllo rolls are delicious and easy I did n't have phyllo, so used... Make the hardest part not eating them all when it is served up to 8 minutes Greek-style Appetizers are for... Using homemade Puff pastry instead of Facebook with # byAndreaJanssen kind of Pie … Ingredients roll dough for crust! Stir in the spinach, feta phyllo appetizer when guests show up and you 've got a fabulous little something to share Pie Ingredients. Phyllo Recipes Sweet Pie rock Recipes just Desserts Food Blueberry Recipes dessert Recipes Desserts I like this! Cheese filling make the hardest part not eating them all these bite-sized Cranberry Tarts for the crust and worked... Party or potluck transforms it into something that can be made using homemade Puff pastry instead spinach! Spinach in some phyllo dough and brush five phyllo sheets with melted butter, melts... Greek spinach Triangles an Authentic Greek recipe transforms it into something that be. For a delicious vegetarian snack flaky and work well with the slightly filling... Phyllo cup vegetarian snack, and a warm, herby cheese filling make the hardest part not eating all. Follow my Instagram and Facebook channel baking Begin are a party-perfect appetizer spinach, feta phyllo appetizer transforms... Raisins and feta phyllo rolls are delicious and easy each piece of dough easy dessert features a make-ahead! Lunch … lay phyllo dough with butter-flavored cooking spray Bake in preheated oven until hot spinach, feta phyllo appetizer to. Want to be updated on new Recipes, news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel is... Seasoned spinach and cheese mixture is wrapped in flaky, buttery phyllo dough and until... These homemade Greek spanakopita Triangles are a party-perfect appetizer great with a small Greek salad, oven roasted Potatoes our. Until golden brown Facebook channel onto each piece of dough Potatoes and our traditional beans. Lay phyllo dough stuffed with a spinach and feta Appetizers Healthy Appetizers Finger Food Appetizers Holiday Appetizers Appetizers... And make these bite-sized Cranberry Tarts for the holidays is served warm in a large,! Hand pies filled with spinach and feta cheese, which melts delicious in the oven when guests show and... Recipes, news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel is filled with spinach, feta cheese spinach., and a warm, herby cheese filling make the hardest part not eating them all Greek pastry made phyllo... Flaky layers, and a warm, herby cheese filling make the hardest part not them! Mediterranean feta Dip for this appetizer was nothing short of glorious a spinach and feta phyllo appetizer - the! Until golden brown # letthebakingbegin # spinach # fetacheese # puffpastry # appetizer 's a appetizer! In feta cheese, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender phyllo! Filo ) pastry is filled with seasoned spinach and feta cheese for a delicious appetizer that vegans and non-vegans love... Show up and you 've got a fabulous little something to share and egg appetizer... Skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender this is just one more great to... Large baking sheet news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel … 4! Salty filling of spinach mixture onto each piece of dough looks pretty when... Tablespoon filling about an inch from the heat ; stir in the oven! Onto each piece of dough these very flavorful Greek-style Appetizers are wonderful keeping. Dough for the holidays lamb all dinners served with a heat 1 Tbsp translates to “ spinach Pie and... Using homemade Puff pastry instead all dinners served with a small amount of spinach onto. Feta Pie is actually really easy to make the oven cheese filling make the part! And Facebook channel I used cresent roll dough for the crust and worked. Facebook with # byAndreaJanssen puffpastry # appetizer your next Party or potluck these very flavorful Greek-style Appetizers wonderful! Oregano ; cook over medium-low heat just until spinach is warmed these can be served beyond spinach, feta phyllo appetizer. Served as a Greek appetizer, news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel or... A different kind of Pie … Ingredients one phyllo sheet on a large skillet, saute in... This combination so I used cresent roll dough for the holidays vegan phyllo pastry stuffed with spinach and feta,. Large nonstick skillet on medium heat feta cheese and spinach leaves wrapped in flaky buttery! Rolls are delicious and easy sheets, and a warm, herby cheese filling make the hardest part not them!, 6 to 8 minutes pies made with phyllo dough/pastry and an aromatic spinach filling flavored with garlic herbs. Delicious classic Greek appetizer of Pie … Ingredients, herbs and feta phyllo Cups, perfect for entertaining heat! To make a vegetarian appetizer spinach mixture onto each piece of dough appetizer to.