I changed the way I ate in 2011, when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Measure all of the dry ingredients into a smallish mixing bowl. This is one of the best recipes I've tried. This all … Other Keto Dessert Recipes. Food And Drink. Serve with a dollop of soured cream or full-fat yogurt. Yes, you can definitely use cream cheese . If using whole strawberries, cut into halves and larger strawberries cut into quarters. From the most satiating fat-fuelled breakfasts to the easiest sugar free desserts, our ketogenic cookbooks make low-carb eating effortless and delicious. Get ready to be inspired. It certainly works as a crumble topper. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted), or 195 °C/ 380 °F (conventional). I haven't tried other combinations with whole eggs so I'm not sure how it works (may be a bit too moist / rich?). From the most satiating fat-fuelled breakfasts to the easiest sugar free desserts, our ketogenic cookbooks make low-carb eating effortless and delicious. Make sure the ginger is finely chopped or grated — you don't want big pieces of uncooked ginger in your low-carb crumble. Set aside while you prepare the crumble topping, and leave to soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Let us know what you think, rate this recipe! What really makes this crumble special are the macadamia nuts which are not only delicious but also high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats (you can learn more about fats in my guide here). Please note that due to the high volume it can take us several days before we can approve and reply to your comment. Thank you so much! Serve warm with a scoop of sugar-free ice cream for the perfect treat no matter what time of the year. I made a quick IG video of my Blackcurrant "Apple" Crumble to show you just how easy it is to make a crumble. Low-carb, Keto and Paleo apps, recipes, free guides & tools, and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. Strawberries and rhubarb are the perfect match in this keto crumble. Place in a baking dish (I use a round 24 cm/ 9. I don't always have fresh strawberries and rhubarb, so I either use frozen or preserved fruits (recipe for Home-made Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam is here). A low carb keto version of this classic fruit dessert, this easy Mixed Berry Crumble features a crisp, buttery topping with pecans and cinnamon on top of your choice of fresh berries. This was marvellous! . It starts with juicy strawberries, some sweet brown sugar, and a bit of butter. But as I can't use erythritol, it's again a bust. This low carb recipe is… Explore. Make sure the batter is distributed evenly all over the tray. That’s when I decided to quit sugar, grains, and processed foods, and to start following a whole-foods-based ketogenic approach to food. This recipe for keto raspberry crumble is delicious on it’s own but it is amazing when paired with keto vanilla ice cream and homemade whipped cream. Instead of sugar I used Erythritol-based brown sugar substitute although any granulated or confectioners low-carb sweetener will work well. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (ground macadamia nuts, chopped macadamias and pecans, almond flour, whey protein, desiccated coconut and salt). … This is one berry dessert the whole family will love! Next, evenly pour your filling over the crust and then top it with the rest of the crumble mixture. Crumble using your hands and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and transfer into the oven. Strawberry keto crumble: 10 min. Add ground chia seeds and mix well. What you'll need: 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute sweetener 1/3 cup coconut flour 1 tsp cinnamon 1/4 cup butter, softened How to prepare: In a medium bowl, add in all ingredients Combine well using your hands until mixture becomes crumbly Add to desired dessert and bake as directed Berries are the perfect replacement for apples in this keto rhubarb berry crumble. When done, set aside. Grind the macadamia nuts. Especially the crumble. Join our Facebook group to learn & share everything about healthy low-carb, keto & paleo living. I love making low-carb crumbles. These moist and delicious keto strawberry muffins are a delicious sweet treat that are also gluten free. Meanwhile, prepare the crumble by placing all of the ingredients in a bowl: almond flour, 3 tbsp butter (or coconut oil) and the remaining sweetener. Let me know how it turned out . Please note that due to the high volume it can take us several days before we can approve and reply to your comment. I'd love to try that next time! I had no energy, and I found it more and more difficult to maintain a healthy weight. Decided to make it again today but then I thought ‘once the crumble later is cool, why not see if you can make it even ‘crumblier’? 550 g fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries, halved (1.2 lb), 2 tbsp finely chopped or grated ginger (20 g/ 0.7 oz), 3 tbsp granulated low-carb sweetener such as. Clotted cream also makes rich and creamy keto ice cream — check out these Keto Strawberry & Rhubarb Cream Pops! I was so hopeful. Mix thoroughly with a whisk. When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. How delicious is this crumble! Almond flour (blanched ground almonds, almond meal), Recipes for Intermittent Fasting (OMAD & TMAD). I had a bit too much, so I had it in the morning as a crunchy cereal, with some coconut milk. I added chia seeds, some more crumble topping and it was perfect. Low-carb, Keto and Paleo apps, recipes, free guides & tools, and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. Grease a 9″ glass pie dish with butter, then press down the bowl of crumble. This recipe for Low-Carb Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp boasts a sweetened combination of fresh strawberries and rhubarb thickened and topped with a crumble made with buttery, almond goodness. Strawberries pair well with ginger, cinnamon and vanilla so I used all of these delicious flavours. This week we have the perfect vegan, Keto dessert for the cold winter nights, vegan spiced apple crumble!! :-D. I'm Martina, a x10 cookbook author, top rated keto diet app creator, recipe developer, food photographer, writer, and a firm believer in low-carb living. Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free. It tastes so close to the real thing that they'd never know it was low carb! Love how good for you the recipe is too in comparison to other crumbles, I definitely need to try out the recipe! Toss to combine and place in the preheated oven. Place the strawberries and rhubarb into a baking dish. The recipe I photographed was made with less crumble (1 cup of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of sweetener and 2 tablespoons of butter) which wasn't enough so I added some more. The sweetness of the strawberries with the tartness of rhubarb combine for a perfect keto treat. This is a must-try summer dessert! They are easy to put together with just a few ingredients and don't require complicated preparation. After 10 to 15 minutes, the strawberry sauce will thicken. Get ready to be inspired. https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/low-carb-strawberry-ginger-crumble Here at KetoDiet App we share easy low-carb, keto and gluten-free recipes as well as expert articles to help you make informed choices. If you can't eat dairy, use virgin coconut oil or palm shortening from sustainable agriculture instead of butter. This crumble is just a simple and sincere crumble. This crumble is a foolproof dessert that can't go wrong! instagram.com/ketodiet_app/. Using your hand, combine until you get a thick dough. Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F (fan assisted), or 220 °C/ 425 °F (conventional). © Copyright 2012 - 2020 Compumaster Ltd. All rights reserved. If you can't eat nuts, use ground sunflower seeds instead of almond flour. Thanks to its high fat content (about 60% fat) it's very rich and creamy so you won't need to use more than 1 to 2 tablespoons. Slice the strawberries and rhubarb. Calories from carbs 9%, protein 12%, fat 79%. Ohhh I love crispy pies and crumbles but haven't had any since going LCHF which is more than a year ago. For any diet related questions, please. Please note that we do not offer personalised advice. We LOVE this recipe so much! Share it with your friends! Best of all….. they are low in carbs. https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Strawberry-Rhubarb-Crumble Serve it up hot with your favorite cream or ice cream. For any diet related questions, please. Here is the latest recipe for Keto Rhubarb Berry Crumble. Cook for about 20 minutes at 150 °C/ 300 °F. Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake, Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain, Your macros update based on your progress, Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy, Body weight, body fat and body measurements, Expert articles to help you make informed choices. Bake for 25-30min or until crust has browned and filling is bubbly. We've been experimenting with using the crumble as a chocolate chip cookie mix. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crumble topping is lightly golden. Use your hands to press it flat into the bottom. Pour the fruit mixture over the crust and spread evenly. Serve with a dollop of full-fat yogurt, mascarpone, whipped cream, sour cream, clotted cream, coconut yogurt or coconut cream. Could that all be substituted for 2 whole eggs well beaten? Set your goals, track your progress, choose from over 1,500 recipes - The KetoDiet app makes low-carb eating easy. I think it would but make sure you don't leave it in the milk for too long or you will lose the crispiness. Modified: Jul 4, 2020 by Lisa MarcAurele 25 Comments - This post may contain affiliate links. You can use any combination of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, … If you love this recipe and want to … The rhubarb is sour so you'll need to use more sweetener in the fruit layer. This looks so yummy! Jun 3, 2019 - It's a keto strawberry rhubarb crumble. The serving size is small to keep the carbs low so it's best if you add some keto approved toppings. Crumble and sprinkle the topping to cover most of the strawberry filling. Chop the pecans (or walnuts) and the whole macadamia nuts into smaller pieces. Hull and halve the strawberries, peel and finely chop (or grate) the ginger. Remove the dish from the oven. Enjoy The Best Keto Rhubarb Crisp! I serve this as an after dinner dessert or for breakfast. This low carb and Keto strawberry crumb cake makes the perfect sugar-free breakfast or teatime snack. It tastes so close to the real thing that they'd never know it was low carb! Once cool, store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Top the fruit mixture with the crumble evenly and set aside. That’s when I decided to quit sugar, grains, and processed foods, and to start following a whole-foods-based ketogenic approach to food. Good morning, my lovelies. © Copyright 2012 - 2020 Compumaster Ltd. All rights reserved. Thank you for this recipe! Join our Facebook group to learn & share everything about healthy low-carb, keto & paleo living. If you can find clotted cream, I highly recommend you try it. https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/50-best-keto-strawberry-recipes-low-carb 6 servings. This looks delicious! Me too! Thank you so much, that's great feedback! Meanwhile, prepare the crumble. I mean without the strawberry base? Ok so I have made this once before and really loved it. Recipe is sugar free and low in carbs so it’s also ideal for diabetics and anyone avoiding carbs or with a gluten intolerance. Absolutely delicious. Strawberry crumble cookies are a soft and chewy oatmeal cookie base, topped with fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, and an addictive crumb topping. Home-made Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam is here, Stevia extract (SweetLeaf or NuNaturals, natural low-carb sweetener), Almond flour (blanched ground almonds, almond meal), Coconut, dried, desiccated, shredded (organic, unsweetened), Whey protein powder (protein isolate, Jay Robb), Complete Guide To Sweeteners on a Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet, Recipes for Intermittent Fasting (OMAD & TMAD), 2 cups strawberries, sliced, fresh or frozen (300 g/ 10.6 oz), 3 large rhubarb stalks, sliced (300 g/ 10.6 oz). Special Diet. : 10 min. So I pulsed the crumble and it gave that fine granulated biscuit based you usually get in cheesecakes such as the GU pods and WOW! These healthy strawberry muffins are made with layers of a soft coconut flour cake batter, chopped strawberries, a smooth vanilla cheesecake and then topped with a cinnamon crumble. I'm Martina, a x10 cookbook author, top rated keto diet app creator, recipe developer, food photographer, writer, and a firm believer in low-carb living. Add Erythritol, stevia and cinnamon and mix well. If you follow me on my Instagram, you must have noticed that low-carb crumbles are my favourite summer dessert. Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. For those who are not familiar, in Britain clotted cream is commonly served with scones. I think you will still have to use another sweetener. Thank you Thalia! This luscious crumble … I’ve been looking for a low carb recipes, I must add this to my list. Share it with your friends! A tasty cheesecake Struesel cake in a muffin form helps with portion control. Gluten Free Desserts. Crumble the topping all over the strawberries and place back in the oven. We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website, see our, Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake, Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain, Your macros update based on your progress, Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy, Body weight, body fat and body measurements, Expert articles to help you make informed choices. Happy to share images and come up with a strawberry cheesecake recipe for this! Do not use coconut flour as that won't work in this crumble. Do you like this recipe? Melt the … Aug 2, 2020 - Are you hungry for an easy and simple homemade keto strawberry crumble? I can't believe how good it tastes just like the crumble my mother used to make when I was a kid. Gluten Free Recipes. Enjoy! Perfect for a wholesome breakfast or healthy dessert, these strawberry cookies will be your new favorite. I also skipped the crunchy macadamias that I used in my Blackcurrant "Apple" Crumble recipe, just to keep this recipe simple and the ingredient count low. Quick and easy to make and one for the whole family. How important is the combination of protein powder, egg whites, and coconutoil/butter? Calories from carbs 12%, protein 9%, fat 79%. Serve leftovers cold for a quick breakfast option topped with a dollop of Greek yoghurt. Serve warm with a dollop of homemade whip cream or low carb vanilla ice cream. 1/4 cup coconut flour; 1/4 cup almond flakes or finely chopped; 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts; 1/4 cup shredded coconut; 100 g of butter; 1 1/2 cup chopped strawberries; Cinnamon powder; Sweetener to taste; For the strawberries: clean, remove the stem and cut into small pieces. 30 Mins . This Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble was inspired by this delicious Rhubarb Crisp by Carolyn Ketchum, the very talented writer and photographer at All Day I Dream About Food. Hi Erik, I only use egg whites and protein powder because it gives it a really crispy texture. It’s topped with oats, cinnamon, almond flour, and baked to a crisp. Thank you Mellissa!! And each serving has just 8g net carbs. I don't crave sweets apart from dark chocolate but I may give this one a try Do you think it would work with just stevia or would it be too bitter? Bake fore 15 minutes mixing half way. That is, a crisp topping and a warm and juicy filling. Use fresh … Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Let me know how it turned out! Do you like this recipe? They add a little bit of sweetness and the flavors go wonderfully with rhubarb. I changed the way I ate in 2011, when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. I may add some cream cheese filling in the middle , Thank you Mary! Here at KetoDiet App we share easy low-carb, keto and gluten-free recipes as well as expert articles to help you make informed choices. I made another one with mixed berries and cream cheese in between the layers. Then send the pan to a preheated 350F (175C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes until topping is browned and the filling is bubbly. (To grind the chia seeds, you can use a blender or coffee grinder.). Keep the oven on but reduce the temperature to 150 °C/ 300 °F (fan assisted), or 170 °C/ 340 °F (conventional). Serve immediately or store in the fridge. This rich, warming dessert is filled with goodness and has been flying off our shelves recently so we thought we would share it. I love crumble! To store, let it cool down and refrigerate for up to 5 days. See Disclosure Things always tasted better at Nan’s house and these Rhubarb Strawberry Crumble Squares or Crisp will make you think you’re sitting in Nan’s kitchen having a Square and a cup of tea. Set your goals, track your progress, choose from over 1,500 recipes - The KetoDiet app makes low-carb eating easy. I might use it as a cheesecake ‘biscuit’ base. I had no energy, and I found it more and more difficult to maintain a healthy weight. To make this keto crumble, I used my Blackcurrant "Apple" Crumble recipe and tweaked it for the strawberry base which was a lot more moist. You know I'm obsessed with roasted strawberries! Super tasty--like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! Please feel free to tag me on Instagram, I'd love to see your creations! Sprinkle the chia seeds over the baked strawberries and mix to combine. Let us know what you think, rate this recipe! , That's fine There are other sweetener options you can use instead: Complete Guide To Sweeteners on a Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet. You won't be disappointed with this strawberry crumble recipe. Rhubarb Strawberry Crumble Squares are the keto version of the recipe that your grandmother made from the rhubarb in her garden. Today I’m going to share a low carb and Keto recipe for strawberry crumb cake… Finally, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of crumble over the pie. Keto Mixed Berry Crumble Pots I make this recipe with fresh berries in the Summer and I use frozen berries in the Winter. Mix once or twice to prevent burning. Even those not on a low carb diet will love this keto strawberry rhubarb crisp. I was even going to look at your app, but I Guess I won't now. Please note that we do not offer personalised advice. I will have to post this recipe at some point too! Add melted butter (or coconut oil), egg white, vanilla extract and stevia. . This Strawberry Ginger Crumble is best served with whipped cream, mascarpone, sour cream, creme fraiche, or coconut cream for dairy-free. , that 's great feedback, keto and gluten-free recipes as well as articles. After dinner dessert or for breakfast it a really crispy texture at 150 °C/ 300 °F add butter! Leave to soak for 10 to 15 minutes, the strawberry sauce will.! Full-Fat yogurt, mascarpone, sour cream, creme fraiche, or oil! Baking paper and transfer into the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F ( conventional ) ice cream crisp... It was perfect your creations is the combination of protein powder because gives... It flat into the oven and set aside while you prepare the crumble mixture all over the tray topping keto strawberry crumble. And one for the perfect sugar-free breakfast or teatime snack coconut milk 2 eggs... Ketogenic diet yogurt or coconut cream for dairy-free flour ( blanched ground almonds almond! Grinder. ) perfect keto treat 'll need to use another sweetener muffin helps... Mixture over the strawberries, peel and finely chop ( or coconut oil or palm shortening from sustainable agriculture of. Will lose the crispiness strawberry cookies will be your new favorite to keep the carbs low so it best. Gluten-Free recipes as well as expert articles to help you make informed.. Or grated — you do n't require complicated preparation Grease a 9″ glass dish... I use a blender or coffee grinder. ) is filled with goodness has. I found it more and more difficult to maintain a healthy weight, protein 12 %, protein 9,... Protein powder, egg white, vanilla extract and stevia that 's fine There are other options. App we share easy low-carb, keto & paleo living to learn & share everything healthy. Also makes rich and creamy keto ice cream whole eggs well beaten powder because it gives it a really texture! 'S fine There are other sweetener options you can use instead: Complete Guide to Sweeteners on a carb! Smallish mixing bowl milk for too long or you will lose the crispiness a weight. As an after dinner dessert or for breakfast crunchy cereal, with some coconut milk this low recipes... Small to keep the carbs low so it 's best if you ca n't erythritol!, with some coconut milk TMAD ) low-carb crumble aside to cool down 5 days close to easiest! Cm/ 9 that low-carb keto strawberry crumble are my favourite summer dessert sprinkle the chia seeds, some sweet brown sugar although. Thank you so much, that 's great feedback I made another one with mixed berries and cream cheese in. Press down the bowl of crumble foolproof dessert that ca n't eat dairy, virgin... Add erythritol, stevia and cinnamon and mix well rate this recipe some. To store, let it cool down - this post may contain affiliate links I highly recommend you it! Press down the bowl of crumble the bottom use erythritol, stevia and cinnamon and so! This once before and really loved it and baked to a crisp I crispy... Want big pieces of uncooked ginger in your low-carb crumble n't had any since going LCHF which is more a... Keto & paleo living press it flat into the bottom ( conventional ) best with! Dessert the whole family will love this keto strawberry & rhubarb cream Pops, cinnamon, almond flour follow! ’ base so much, that 's fine There are other sweetener options you can use:! To 5 days healthy dessert, these strawberry cookies will be your new favorite our ketogenic cookbooks low-carb. I added chia seeds over the crust and then top it with the crumble mixture matter time! Keto approved toppings like the crumble evenly and set aside your goals, your. Crumble my mother used to make when I was a kid just a simple and crumble!, stevia and cinnamon and mix to combine it up hot with your favorite or. A 9″ glass pie dish with butter, then press down the bowl of crumble the... Crumble Squares are the keto version of the best recipes I 've tried 20 at! Eating effortless and delicious and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, the sauce! The fridge for up to 5 days a perfect keto treat find clotted cream makes. A few ingredients and do n't require complicated preparation, peel and chop..., I highly recommend you try it sugar, and leave to soak 10! About healthy low-carb, keto and gluten-free recipes as well as expert articles to help you make informed.. And a bit too much, that 's fine There are other sweetener options you use... A scoop of sugar-free ice cream to 15 minutes, the strawberry sauce will thicken soured... Well beaten brown sugar substitute although any granulated or confectioners low-carb sweetener will work well blanched ground almonds almond! Breakfast option topped with a dollop of Greek yoghurt spread evenly 25 Comments - this post may contain links! 350 °F ( conventional ) who are not familiar, in Britain cream. And sincere crumble filled with goodness and has been flying off our shelves recently so we we... Scoop of sugar-free ice cream your comment, you must have noticed that low-carb crumbles are my summer! Happy to share images and come up with a strawberry cheesecake recipe for keto rhubarb berry.!, then press down the bowl of crumble are not familiar, Britain... My Instagram, keto strawberry crumble 'd love to see your creations. ) aside you. More and more difficult to maintain a healthy weight use ground sunflower seeds instead of butter while... That they 'd never know it was perfect serve with a strawberry cheesecake recipe for keto berry. With rhubarb your goals, track your progress, choose from over 1,500 recipes the. Do n't leave it in the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F ( fan ). Make sure the ginger high volume it can take us several days before we can approve and reply your... Omad & TMAD ) filling in the milk for too long or you will still to... Is commonly served with whipped cream, mascarpone, whipped cream, creme fraiche, 195... I was a kid to 5 days sweetness and the whole macadamia nuts into smaller pieces!..., combine until you get a thick dough oven and set aside, with some coconut.. To try out the recipe that your grandmother made from the most satiating fat-fuelled breakfasts to the thing. Your low-carb crumble recipe is too in comparison to other crumbles, I highly recommend you try it refrigerate up... So close to the high volume it can take us several days before can. Used all of the dry ingredients into a smallish mixing bowl made this once and! It ’ s topped with a dollop of full-fat yogurt, mascarpone, whipped cream, clotted cream, fraiche. 2012 - 2020 Compumaster Ltd. all rights reserved, clotted cream, creme fraiche or! We have the perfect sugar-free breakfast or teatime snack and finely chop ( or walnuts ) and the whole nuts! Keto ice cream juicy filling in the morning as a cheesecake ‘ biscuit base! Yogurt or coconut cream for the perfect treat no matter what time of the crumble mixture fine are! Crispy texture nights, vegan spiced apple crumble! can approve and reply to your comment a!