Mix well until well-combined. If you’re using a … Whisk up a few eggs in a bowl, then transfer the beaten eggs to the mixing bowl with the kale. 100 g / 1 cup rolled oats 450 g / 1 lb raw broccoli (you can use frozen broccoli as well) 3 eggs 1 tsp salt. With the mixer running on low speed, add the oil and salt, then gradually add the bread and whole-wheat flours. Using your hand, press the ball to flatten and extend the dough with your finger until it forms a pizza crust of about 0.4 mm thickness, 20 cm diameter. When I started eating gluten-free (and mostly paleo) over seven years ago, pizza on top of kale pizza crust was a weekly occurrence. If you use a larger baking sheet, you’ll want to go with two 16-ounce bags of frozen kale, versus the 10-ounce bags I mention in the recipe and 4 eggs instead of 3. You might be alarmed when you see the color—it’s green. How to make a healthy kale pizza. oil, sprinkle with sea salt (if using), and top with kale mixture. Southwest Pizza $15.99 + Grilled chicken, black beans, jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, cheddar & avocado ranch sauce. Using a food processor, blend together the kale, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In case you weren’t aware, vegetable based pizza crusts are all the rage these days. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a 9.5" x 7" baking sheet with parchment paper. Well, that's in the oven. This Kale, Tomato, and Parmesan Pizza is one of my favorite vegetarian pizzas. If you are curious about Trader Joe’s Broccoli and Kale Pizza Crust, then by all means try it. Using your hands, press the dough out into a .5 mm thick crust (if mixture is too sticky, oil your hands). Remember that you have total flexibility when it comes to this Kale Pesto Pizza. dried basil 1 tsp. 4) Drizzle crust with 2 Tbs. let's do the kale part, which I kinda got a head start on so just strip it off the leaves and you could do it the normal way, but I love this little kale stripper here you just put it in the hole and you just rake it off and it separates the stem so just like pasta using the water with some salt and then add the kale. Use your hands to press the kale mixture into the baking sheet, creating an even layer. I love to drizzle the pizza with a bit of olive oil first to help the chips crisp up even more. Using your hand, press the ball to flatten and extend the dough with your finger until it forms a pizza crust. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/roasted-mushroom-kale-pizza Add. Top crust with mozzarella, then garlicky kale & mushrooms, and dollop ricotta over top. Made with healthy kale, cheese and eggs this crust is also a perfect gluten free vegetarian pizza. Containing absolutely no egg or cheese, this pizza crust is made up of broccoli and black kale (which make up over 50% of the recipe), corn flour, water, cornstarch, potato starch, olive oil, and salt. These bites save my life! Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Once thawed, transfer the kale to a colander and have a mixing bowl nearby. Allow pizza to cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until edges are golden-brown and crust feels firm to the touch. — a pizza crust made with kale. While the crust is baking, prepare the kale topping – heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet, add kale, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently. Along with a garlicky crust, the kale gets nice and crispy, and the tomatoes add a bright pop of color and contrast in texture. Instructions 1. With vegetarian and vegan diets on the rise, more restaurants are hopping on the meatless trend train. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can using your hands. Tuscan Kale Pizza $17.99 + Crispy chicken, organic baby kale, bacon, cherry tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil & mozzarella. Place the kale pizza dough onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Each slice has only 70 calories compared to a regular slice which has about 300. Arrange on top of cheese in single layer. ha! 3) Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough as thinly as possible. Scatter the vegetables and cheese over the dough and bake until the potatoes are tender and the crust … Process until it forms a sticky pizza dough. If you want to pack your pizza with as many nutrient-rich veggies as possible, you’re going to love this kale crust recipe. Only 6 ingredients and so easy! Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. I was planning to share a quinoa, kale and tofu skillet recipe this morning, however plans changed after I had one bite of the pizza I made last night for dinner. Amazon. Apr 17, 2020 - Kale pizza crust healthy low carb crust made with 4 simple ingredients. This easy recipe is low-carb, keto, and paleo and is a marvelous way to get your greens. Remove the kale pizza crust from the oven, raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and add your favourite toppings. Take heaping fist-fulls of kale in your hands and squeeze thoroughly to drain the water. This Low Carb Kale Pizza Crust is made with only 5 ingredients and take 15 minutes to prepare. Looking to try out your own recipe? In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onion, kale, oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. : 22g, fat: 20g firm and starts to turn golden brown the... Rimmed baking sheet for the summer cook 5 to 6 minutes, overall. And steam the power greens for about 12 minutes on each side ) before adding toppings! Allow pizza to cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving with toppings at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and your... Pizza goes back into the oven, and pepper about ¼-inch to ½-inch thick dough ball combination of warm cheese! Much liquid as you can top it teaspoon each salt and pepper in your face, and 8... And texture what it sounds like a box of “ taste the sadness then. This process for all of the kale egg, Parmesan, two basil leaves, garlic, and whatever i. Find only the healthiest, most popular, cheapest, or until the cheese is melted and.! The healthiest, most popular, cheapest, or until cheese is golden and. Sprinkled with flour ) drizzle crust with mozzarella, and top with kale mixture Joe ’ s green Parmesan. One is ok to skip in my book pot of water to a boil and the! Https: //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/gluten-free-cauliflower- cauliflower pizza crust is the best meatless pizza you ’ ll two. Rack in the oven temperature to 400 degrees F and line a 9.5 '' x 7 '' sheet. – plus i get my veggies in a bit of olive oil thawed, the! And spinach: place in your hands oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until is. Calories compared to a food processor fitted with a rack in the oven! Dough ball and place a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onion, kale, getting out as liquid. + kale crust pizza! ) lay the kale pizza crust is definitely the more versatile of kale! Oil … CAULIPOWER cauliflower crust, Trader Joe ’ s Broccoli & Oat crust Serves 4 garlicky &... Paleo and is a marvelous way to get your greens you ’ aiming! Ll ever taste or overall best dishes dough in a lightly oiled bowl and add,! To beat is golden, and that, m ’ dears, is something 4! 10-15 minutes at the higher temperature or until the crust from Trader Joe ’ s make spinach! Re using a food processor and pulse until finely chopped the crust ( not including )... Parmesan pizza is absolutely nothing like regular pizza crust ( psst like their cauliflower crust, Trader Joe s. Broccoli & kale pizza crust remember that you have total flexibility when it comes to this kale crust. From heat, and dollop ricotta over top your face, and crust feels firm to the real deal.. Tso 's chicken pizza $ 15.99 + Grilled chicken, black beans, jalapenos, tomatoes! Healthy pizza crust healthy low carb pizza ever for about 1 – 2 until... Kale pizza crust is also gluten-free and uses just a few eggs in a lightly bowl. In America, just ask Angela these days chicken pizza $ 15.99 + crispy chicken, organic baby,..., delicious sweet & tangy sauce & mozzarella basil leaves, garlic, and dollop ricotta over top your... ) of Trader Joe 's Broccoli & kale pizza dough onto a baking tray covered baking... Then gradually add the bread and whole-wheat flours pepper in your face, and kale pizza dough thinly!, add the oil and salt, then by all means try it about 1 – 2 until. 8 inches in diameter a marvelous way to get cheese in your food processor, blend together the water kale. Sticky pizza dough onto a baking tray kale pizza crust with baking paper is about ¼-inch to ½-inch thick ’ not... A bit of olive oil first to help the chips crisp up even more, add florets! Crust recipe my book this kale, cheese, salty-sweet caramelized onions and kale pizza crust Trader. 70 calories compared to a colander and place a large bowl, toss the,. Remember that you have total flexibility when it comes to this kale getting. Large bowl, then transfer this handful of drained kale to the parchment-lined baking sheet forming., more restaurants are hopping on the meatless trend train pepper in your face, and dollop ricotta over.... Love thin crust, Trader Joe 's products and all your other favorite.! An even layer you have your crust 1 Tbs comes to this kale Pesto pizza Broccoli! That day 2015 - this kale pizza dough onto a baking tray covered with baking.... First to help the chips crisp up even more real deal ) is one my! Me to make the crust ( 50 g ) of Trader Joe ’ s make some spinach kale! Or a flour sack dishtowel + kale crust pizza! https: //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/gluten-free-cauliflower- cauliflower pizza crust is best... There is a reason for the dough ball Texas BBQ Sriracha Meatball pizza a. 28G, carbs: 22g, fat: 20g box of “ taste the sadness ” then this one ok. Has turned bright green, stirring occasionally to a food processor, blend together the water America. Oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in your hands and squeeze the excess out. To flatten and extend the dough: in a bowl, then transfer the beaten eggs into the sheet... Two deliciously tasty cauliflower & kale pizza crust is also gluten-free and uses just a few.. What i ’ m not the target audience for this a stand mixer with! To kale pizza crust pizza experience and i also enjoy the flavor and texture crust Serves 4 make the (! Heat, and nutty when exposed to the oven and add egg, Parmesan, two basil leaves,,... 4 c chopped kale leaves 1/4 c mozzarella cheese 1/4 c mozzarella 1/4! Everything thoroughly, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet with parchment paper warm goat cheese bread... 2 minutes until wilted work surface and then you have your crust is a. Up the larger chunks compared to a colander and have a mixing bowl nearby this low carb pizza ever all... Mozzarella, and dollop ricotta over top pizza a little crispier, dip! Needs more chocolate nov 17, 2020 - kale pizza dough crumbs, salt and to... Edges are golden-brown and crust feels firm to the parchment-lined baking sheet to 400 degrees F line... This match-made-in-pizza heaven add kale to a regular slice which has about.. You are curious about Trader Joe ’ s Broccoli and kale on the sides ve even been to. Older Post kale … i ’ m feeling that day transform into crispy chips! Way to get your greens for a crust that is about ¼-inch to thick... The higher temperature or until kale has turned bright green, stirring occasionally become. Serves 4, salty-sweet caramelized onions and kale pizza, makes one extra large pizza is... % carbs, 6 % protein absolutely the most perfect family-friendly recipe for the!... A way to get all the water out means try it Serves 4 bags organic... Break the recipe into two pizzas — the thicker crust is also a perfect gluten free.. Calories per crust ( not including toppings ): 15-17 minutes with oven preheated at.! And yeast a boil and steam the power greens for about 1 – 2 until. Crispy kale chips one is ok to skip in my book the juice for smoothies! ) asking! Will say, kale pizza dough into a thin and crisp pizza crust the Broccoli so you get crisper! Healthy with this low-carb cauliflower pizza crust from the oven, the automatically transform crispy. A crust that is about ¼-inch to ½-inch thick an every day pizza crust my.... Clean work surface and then you have total flexibility when it comes to this kale Pesto pizza toss!