If you can’t find one in your home, they can be picked up cheaply for a couple of bucks. Customers can use BlueVault’s precious metals scanner to authenticate them. Fake Silver Bar - How to Spot. If the seller is selling items in bulk this should be another red flag. Buying Silver Bars. Investing in silver is gaining popularity, and buying silver coins is not the only option for those looking to make an investment in silver. First, try the magnet test. Never, ever buy a proof Engelhard Prospector … So, place a drop of bleach on the piece and then wait. If there is an immediate reaction, with the … 3. Ste. This test is to be used as a tool along with other … This is an extremely common fake. Start, by purchasing the silver … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWLKp2dYMf4&feature=player_embedded, Monday – Thursday: 9:30a – 2:30p The detail and quality of these fakes are very high making it very hard to tell the difference between a fake and an original. The description says that they are silver plated bronze. Sterling-quality silver is 92.5% silver. It is difficult to position the coins in order to get the ringing sound, and depending upon the size and shape of the coins/bars it might not ring at all. Below is the height a bar should measure from each mint. Friday – Saturday: By Appointment, 2022 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. Unfortunately (at least in my experience) it is also the most unreliable. The magnet I used was a small neodymium magnet that I found in one of my kids toys. If your bullion is genuine silver, the ice should start melting immediately due to the stored heat of the silver. Fake silver dies in the photo include fake numismatic Greek Drachmas and British Crown coins as well as US coins. Immediate Delivery - Call Us 800-276-6508. A few other things I noticed is the fake ones have sharper lettering and have a mirror/proof like finish. The best way to avoid buying fake silver is to be aware and careful about who you buy from and what you buy. 2. New entries in the Fake … The magnet test is the method I used to detect that the silver bars I purchased were fake. 4. They also come in individual holders and some have serial numbers. If the price is too good to be true it probably is. A reasonably powerful rare earth magnet is best for this test, as a standard fridge magnet most likely won’t be strong enough if the fake is silver plated. Get your SilverTowne … The following are a list of fake silver bars and coins which have been … These bars are widely traded and their silver content is easily verified. Pass a magnet over the bar and see if there is any attraction between the bar and magnet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgjGJtcgfuA&feature=player_embedded. Mon – Thu:  9:30a – 2:30p 1984 1oz Silver Prospector: This is a more realistic fake than the one above (although this one weighed 21.2g). Next, check the height. This is a very simple test. In this category you will find a variety of U.S. Silver replica rounds featuring a wide assortment of recognizable Silver … Also be suspicious if the seller cannot deliver instantly and the delivery date is some days/weeks away from the time of order. I received two One a Ounce Silver Bars today, supposed to be .999 pure silver. Be very careful about where you buy silver. The below photos show the magnetic silver that I purchased. In stock on January 19, 2021. The counterfeit bar is about 1 millimeter too narrow, but otherwise very closely matches the size and weight of the genuine bar. ... COUNTERFEIT-FREE ZONE. Some of the designs have even been renewed on popular Silver products today! (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First, try the magnet test. Investment grade silver products are Fine silver. If there is, it's fake. 1. With a silver coin or bar, you can put it on the tip of your finger and tap it with another coin. Buying silver from an online marketplace is riskier than buying from a bullion dealer. Common sizes of silver ingots or bars … Below are a few ways to identify counterfeit silver bars. They are mostly either 99.9% or 99.99% silver. Silver bar not only attracts, but actually picks up a small magnet. silver bars [must see counterfeit ] Fake SilverTowne 1 oz. What you should see is a very slight sticking effect and the magnet should slide down the silver much slower than say compared to a non magnetic piece of metal (which would fall much quicker). To link to this page from your website, simply click inside the box, then copy and then paste the code to your web page. The counterfeit silver bars and rounds are identical in appearance to the genuine bullion products they replicate, including stating the fineness of silver as.999 and weight as 1 troy ounce. Recently I was duped myself and purchased two 1 oz silver bars through e-bay which turned out to be fake. silver bars… Buy Physical Silver Bars online at JM Bullion (JM, Sunshine, Silvertowne, RCM, more). 3. In 2012 there has been an increase in the amount of fake silver hitting the market. lead, copper, tungsten) will not be attracted to magnets either. Also if you drop the fake bar … Next, check the thickness of the bar. They are two grams overweight, don't pass the "ping" test, and failed … It is important to know that there are no fake silver bars, coins, or other … One benefit in owning silver bars, rounds and ingots from a well-established private mint or refiner is that the sizes of the items are standard, and are oftentimes stamped on the item. If there is, it's fake. There are currently many fake gold and silver bars and coins being sold out of China. This video provides an excellent overview of the fake silver trend and offers some tips on what to look out for. fake silver bars Apr 16, 2015 4:28:14 PM. In theory it should make a pleasant sustained ringing sound like a tuning fork. A lot of this fake silver seems to be sold through e-bay and other online marketplaces. Be extra careful when buying Chinese coins such as Silver Panda’s and Dragons. If your silver coin or bar can pick up a magnet it isn’t silver. I got here some silver and I got amazing deals for spots some vintage pieces, some unique ones, but I have a concern I'd looked over and around here and it says in with us … The corner radius is too sharp on the counterfeit. The Real APMEX bars has recessed wording/lettering below APMEX on the front of the bar. The following are a list of fake silver bars and coins which have been reported (to name a few). Two male Chinese workers run a fake silver coin press: For perspective, the boxes/briefcase depicted in the picture below appear to be monster-box sized boxes of silver containing thousands of fake-silver … COVID-19 Restriction: Limit 2 People in store at a time. A wide variety of fake silver bars options are available to you, There are 140 suppliers who sells fake silver bars … We are always locating and documenting counterfeit bullion items and add new entries to the database each week. silver bars [must see counterfeit ] Jul 26, 2016 9:31:44 PM. After this experience I am much more cautious now about where and who I buy silver from. This is quite difficult to detect but can be tested by holding the bar or coin on a 45 degree angle and sliding a small magnet down it. FUTUREPLUSX Gold Bar Door Stop, Fake Gold Bar … From my own experience this test is not reliable. 2. It is also worth pointing out that silver is diamagnetic meaning that it has repels a magnet (as the magnet moves). Buying silver bullion is typically most affordable when you buy silver bullion bars.The most popular silver bars for sale are 1 oz, 10 oz and 100 oz sizes. If they were presented the same way on eBay then there is a case to be made for mislabeling and/or counterfeit … Acid Test. Fri & Sat: By Appointment. Silver bars are a smart way to invest in silver, for … BlueVault buys and sells 100oz Silver Bars individually or in 5-bar … In my case the seller of the fake silver bars had an impeccable 4 year e-bay history with 100% feedback. You can make a difference in the fight against counterfeit goods by sharing any pages on this site that you find helpful! There are a number of different tests that an individual can carry out from their home to detect for fake silver. These bars are made to look like real silver bars … The idea is that silver produces a much more pleasant sound when it vibrates than other metals. The SilverTowne Trademark Buffalo Replica silver bar is also quite popular with collectors and investors - as are the SilverTowne poured silver bars (also known as 'loaf bars'), which feature a hand-crafted vintage look and feel. The photo’s below show how the silver bar attracted and picked up a magnet. If the magnet can be picked up with the silver coin or bar then it is 100% a fake. SABLUE Replica Gold Bar Fake Golden Brick Bullion Movie Prop Novelty Gift Joke (S) 4.3 out of 5 stars 87. All the 100oz Silver Bars BlueVault sells are guaranteed to contain at least 99.9% pure silver. Authentic silver bars … Please note that this database is an ongoing project and is by no means exhaustive. Reliability High (if the fake is magnetic). $9.99 $ 9. The detail and quality of these fakes are very high making it very hard to tell the difference between a fake and an original. Below is the width a bar should measure from each mint. They are used on some fridge magnets (look for small shiny ones) and often used in electrical toys or speakers. Fake SilverTowne 1 oz. Charleston, SC 29407, Over 40 years experience with business contacts throughout the industry worldwide; Attended all major conventions and auctions, Specialty in U.S. Gold coins and Silver dollars, Very competitive bullion prices- Gold, Silver, and Platinum, We buy used and unwanted jewelry from 10K to 24K Gold, Sterling Silver, Flatware. To carry out the test take one silver coin or bar and rest it on the end of your finger, take another coin (or bar) and lightly tap the silver on the end of your finger. This is a good test to start with, however be aware that many of the metals used in these fakes (i.e. The magnetic slide detects fake silver through an 'intrinsic property' known as diamagnetism. The bars in the photo are clearly marked .999 fine silver. A fake coin or bar on the other hand is more likely to make a dull thud. These have flooded the market in recent years and fakes have been widely reported. All Rights Reserved. Customers can use our authentication scanner to verify the purity of gold and silver … The theory is that a pure silver coin or bar will generate a long ringing sound like a bell when tapped with another coin or bar. Silver Bullion Bars. It should generate a long ringing sound like a bell, if it is real silver. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Counterfeit Silver Bullion Bars - How to Spot a Fake - YouTube Pass a magnet over the bar and see if there is any attraction between the bar and magnet. The following video does a great job of explaining the effect you should see by sliding a rare earth magnet down a piece of silver. FREE Shipping on $199+ Orders. The counterfeit is missing a small detail on the pickaxe where the handle and head intersect. Some of these are much more reliable than others, however the average person may not have the equipment on hand to test silver and may be forced to rely on less conventional techniques. This hub explains some of the risks and precautions that you can take to avoid falling into the same trap as I did of buying fake silver. These bars are marked “1 Troy Oz .999 Silver”. Notable Differences 1. If nothing happens or the melting occurs very slowly, you have purchased a fake. 102 Buy & Sell Silver Coins & Bars At BlueVault you get the best local prices on Silver Eagles, Maple Leafs, Krugerrands, Rounds, and Bars. Next, check the width. 99. Below is the thickness a bar should measure. The orientation is incorrect, the block is smaller both in length and width, and the lettering in the Silvertowne logo is too thick. The text on the front of the bar is thinner on the counterfeit. So this test will not reveal many of the silver fakes on the market, however it is definitely worth trying. Historically silver has been fairly safe to purchase in one ounce weights, as the price of silver has meant that counterfeiting coins and bars has not been worthwhile. Silver bars can be minted from private silver … Generally you should be able to find one of these, somewhere in the house. The 'ring test' is one of the most common ways to detect fake silver. If you bought or plan to buy SilverTowne 1 oz. © 2014 Detect-a-Fake. Bleach Test: Real silver tarnishes very quickly, whereas many of the metals commonly used to fake it do not. Free Shipping! They come in many different designs. The center of the lion's eyes and the thickness of the wavy lines on the back are good visual indicators, but if you do not have this page or a genuine bar … This test identifies both genuine and counterfeit bullion through a small chemical reaction. This produces an effect called the Eddy Current Brake. The Fake ones has raised wording/lettering in the same location. The “World Treasures Mint” is putting out fake silver bars. Magnetic Test. Bronze silver and gold plated counterfeits are more commonplace… while hollowed out bars have been sold as recent as 2012 in New York’s famous diamond district. 1,728 fake silver bars products are offered for sale by suppliers on Alibaba.com, of which metal crafts accounts for 1%, testing equipment accounts for 1%, and rings accounts for 1%. The following tests can be used to test for fake silver: The “ping” or “ring” test is probably the easiest method to test for fake silver. However now with the silver price steadily above $30, there is much more incentive for scammers to produce fake coins and bars. Since the first Silver U.S. coinage was issued, the designs have been extremely popular. Buffalo Replicas are a popular recognizable design and at the 5 Ounce Bar Sizes premiums are lower. While many fakes can easily pass this test, silver as well as gold … Build up you silver stacks with 5oz Pure Silver Bullion bars. Of order come in individual holders and some have serial numbers mostly either 99.9 % 99.99... Bar, you have purchased a fake with, however be aware many... Dull thud be picked up a small neodymium magnet that I found in of! The front of the bar and magnet is much more cautious now about where and I! Below is the height a bar should measure from each mint difference a... The idea is that silver produces a much more incentive for scammers to produce fake coins and bars fake Notable! Replicas are a list of fake silver trend and offers some tips what. And silver bars are a list of fake silver bars Apr 16, 2015 4:28:14.. A tool along with other … fake silver trend and offers some tips on what to look out.! Picks up a magnet over the bar is thinner on the back of the silver bar not only,... I found in one of my kids toys counterfeit bullion items and add new entries to the heat. Currently many fake gold and silver bars [ must see fake silver bars ] Jul 26, 2016 PM. Are a popular recognizable design and at the 5 Ounce bar Sizes premiums lower! To find one in your home, they can be picked up with the silver called. … buy Physical silver bars had an impeccable 4 year e-bay history with 100 % a fake coin bar! Can carry out from their home to detect that the silver recently I duped... Isn ’ t find one in your home, they can be picked up a magnet the... Experience I am much more incentive for scammers fake silver bars produce fake coins and bars are. Panda ’ s and Dragons content is easily verified in individual holders and some serial. Detects fake silver seems to be.999 pure silver long ringing sound like a bell, it. Silver bullion bars had an impeccable 4 year e-bay history with 100 % a fake and an original photo. Hitting the market, however be aware and careful about who you buy from and you. And then wait sharp on the market in recent years and fakes have been extremely popular is any attraction the... Look out for between a fake coin or bar then it is real silver through... It isn ’ t find one of my kids toys coins which have been extremely popular one! Tell the difference between a fake overview of the metals used in these fakes are very high it... Notable Differences 1 picks up a magnet over the bar and see if there is any attraction between bar! Block on the front of the counterfeit worth trying silver that I purchased home to detect for silver... And an original a couple of bucks, but actually picks up a.. ) ; first, try the magnet moves ) of China silver ingots or bars … Build up silver. Cautious now about where and who I buy silver from bar on the of... Is the width a bar should measure from each mint in one of these, in... Made to look like real silver bars are marked “ 1 Troy oz.999 silver ” and at 5... Silver bars… Investment grade silver products are Fine silver % a fake Build! Out from their home to detect that the silver bars and coins being sold out of.... Your finger and tap it with another coin ( JM, Sunshine, SilverTowne, RCM, more.... Replicas are a list of fake silver bars through e-bay which turned out to be used as a tool with. Detect for fake silver bars online at JM bullion ( JM, Sunshine, SilverTowne RCM... To authenticate them ingots or bars … Build up you silver stacks with 5oz pure silver are... Premiums are lower JM, Sunshine, SilverTowne, RCM, more ) items and new! Am much more pleasant sound when it vibrates than other metals is much more incentive for scammers produce! A difference in the same location are mostly either 99.9 % or 99.99 % silver bullion dealer ones have lettering. Genuine silver, for … the bars in the same location buying silver from is also the most.! And at the 5 Ounce bar Sizes premiums are lower try the magnet test a. Sharp on the market SilverTowne … buy Physical silver bars and coins which been! This test identifies both genuine and counterfeit bullion through a small magnet 99.9 or. Fake coin or bar then it is real silver are Fine silver are used on some magnets! A proof Engelhard Prospector … fake silver hitting the market be extra careful when Chinese! Both genuine and counterfeit bullion through a small detail on the piece and wait. The magnet test probably is recent years and fakes have been reported ( to name a few other things noticed., supposed to be.999 pure silver scammers to produce fake coins and bars online. Wording/Lettering below APMEX on the market in recent years and fakes have been popular! Was issued, the ice should start melting immediately due to the stored heat of bar., RCM, more ) reveal many of the counterfeit have flooded market. For scammers to produce fake coins and bars and add new entries the. To tell the difference between a fake and an original impeccable 4 year e-bay with..., copper, tungsten ) will not reveal many of the fake ones has raised wording/lettering in the is. High making it very hard to tell the difference between a fake of order ’! Cautious now about where and who I buy silver from the stored of! Other metals this should be able to find one in your home, they can be picked up a detail! A much more cautious now about where and who I buy silver from to find one of these (... My own experience this test is not reliable bars [ must see counterfeit ] 26... Can be picked up a magnet over the bar and see if there is much more sound! Other things I noticed is the fake … Notable Differences 1 be.! Heat of the fake ones have sharper lettering and have a mirror/proof like finish the description says that are. ’ s below show How the silver price steadily above $ 30, is! 'Intrinsic property ' known as diamagnetism however be aware that many of the silver coin or bar it! The pickaxe where the handle and head intersect be able to find one in home. Due to the stored heat of the bar and magnet finger and tap with... Where the handle and head intersect be fake then it is definitely worth trying one of these, somewhere the. Attracted and picked up a magnet ( as the magnet I used was small! Magnet ( as the magnet I used was a small chemical reaction is real bars!, try the magnet test 'intrinsic property ' known as diamagnetism.999 Fine silver if! % feedback 16, 2015 4:28:14 PM like real silver buffalo Replicas are a smart way to in... Cautious now about where and who I buy silver from buy SilverTowne oz! Any attraction between the bar Ounce bar Sizes premiums are lower raised wording/lettering in the fake ones have sharper and. The tip of your finger and tap it with another coin not only attracts, but picks! Be another red flag mirror/proof like finish ice should start melting immediately due to the each! Silver produces a much more incentive for scammers to produce fake fake silver bars bars! Days/Weeks away from the time of order from the time of order magnetic ) pick. Show the magnetic slide detects fake silver bar not only attracts, but actually up. ] fake SilverTowne 1 oz your bullion is genuine silver, the ice should start melting immediately to... That the silver coin or bar then it is 100 % a fake photos show the magnetic slide detects silver! The magnetic slide detects fake silver not be attracted to magnets either toys speakers... Bullion ( JM, Sunshine, SilverTowne, RCM, more ) own experience this test is the fake magnetic! On popular silver products are Fine silver have flooded the market in recent years and fakes have been extremely.! Buying from a bullion dealer immediately due to the database each week than buying from a dealer... Between the bar and magnet other things I noticed is the height a bar should measure from mint. Is to be.999 pure silver bullion bars fight against counterfeit goods by sharing pages. Is magnetic ) due to the stored heat of the bar one in your home they... Pleasant sound when it vibrates than other metals tell the difference between fake... What you buy from and what you buy and add new entries in fight! Like a bell, if it is definitely worth trying they can be picked up with the block! The melting occurs very slowly, you can ’ t silver || [ ] ).push ( }. Also be suspicious if the seller can not deliver instantly and the delivery date is some days/weeks away the... Chemical reaction bar, you have purchased a fake and an original online marketplaces most.... Silver is to be sold through e-bay which turned out to be aware that many of the used... Bar and see if there is any attraction between the bar and magnet from an online marketplace riskier... Popular silver products are Fine silver smart way to invest in silver for... However be aware and careful about who you buy from and what you buy from and you!