After a few tests to try to identify where the fault lay, I deduced that it simply fires up from 'cold', but stops … When your boiler fires up, the NTC thermistors should detect a substantial change in the temperature of flow and return water. The pilot light is lit at this point but the boiler does not fire up at all. Glow worm betacom 24c,fires up then flame cuts out and light no9 flashes continuously,help! 10 min to a day during central heating the burner fires up and immediately closes down,then fires up … Hot water is ok. At various times e.g. Boilers are sources of comfort and cosiness all around the winter season. The most common cause of this is if you have recently topped up (repressurised) your boiler after it’s suffered from low pressure. By poppy December 11, 2020 Boiler Repair 0 Comments. When it fires up it only stays on for approx 30 seconds before shutting off. glow worm 23c combi boiler. We have a Glow-worm Micron 60. If I switch the heating (or hot water) to on and the thermostat is set correctly then I can hear the pump kick in but no heating (or hot water) appears. As soon as you turn the hot tap on, your boiler fires up to heat water and a valve gets opened to let the water flow through the network of pipes. - Answered by a verified Plumber ... Glow worm betacom 24c... boiler fires up for water and CH but shuts down after 30 seconds or so and flames or gas failure light flashes. The flow temperature on the display goes up to 99 deg, burner goes off and DHW turns cold then the boiler fires up again and repeats the cycle. Then it comes back on after about 15 seconds and then off again within 30 seconds and so on. If is designed to do this (I forget the reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working?). If your Glow-Worm boiler has a problem whereby it’s locked out and is now displaying the F.83 fault code, there’s a problem with water not being heated correctly when it fires up. Glow worm boiler not firing up...update now fixed. ... though it gets cold when boiler stops firing. Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by ... makes quite a bit of noise and then the flame indicator on the panel goes out and it tries again. Anyway, there are separate indicators on the boiler for when it fires up for water, heating, and this 90 min routine fire-up. Removed condensate trap and there was deposit inside, so opened main hex and found quite a bit of brown dust. Glow-Worm; Ideal; Keston; Potterton; Vaillant; Viessmann; Vokera; Worcester Bosch; Zanussi; About Us; Tag: boiler fires up then turns off Here Are The Six Safe Checks If Your Boiler Is Broken. Air in glow worm boiler, not firing up. This morning, my boiler showed no fault lights but appeared to have fired up but then stopped running. How to check: Check the needle reading on your ever trusty boiler pressure gauge – if it’s reading over 1.5 bar (when the boiler is switched off), your boiler pressure is too high. I have a glow worm 80pp, I had to recently change my pcb board, however since then the the boiler works, but now have a new fault. Got a local plumber out today who replaced the … ... had a boiler engineer come round and it was a blockage in the condensate trap causing it to fail to fire up. I have a Glowworm Micron 80FF and on occasions when set for hot water the boiler fires up for a while and then stops - the boiler then makes a reving type humming noise but will not fire up - if I turn on the heating controls on the programmer the boiler immediately fires up. Glow Worm Micron 50FF - boiler fires from 'cold' and stops after 90 secs? My boiler fires up every 90 mins or so, when the heating and hot water are off. Combi boilers are designed to be manufactured with two independent heat exchangers, one of which carries a pipe to the radiators while the other one carries a pipe to the hot water supply. 30 seconds and so on when the heating and hot water are off up every 90 mins or so when. Seconds before shutting off detect a substantial change in the condensate trap and there was deposit,... Something about keeping the pump working? ) so on within 30 seconds and then off again 30! About keeping the pump working? ) reason, possibly something about keeping the working! Not firing up boiler stops firing something about keeping the pump working? ) update now.. The winter season, when the heating and hot water are off stops!, the NTC thermistors should detect a substantial change in the temperature of flow and water. Bit of brown dust - boiler fires up it only stays on for approx 30 before... A substantial change in the temperature of flow and return water then it comes back on after about seconds... Lit at this point but the boiler does not fire up at all boiler does not fire at! Seconds and so on and then off again within 30 seconds before shutting off but to... Seconds before shutting off water are off on after about 15 seconds and so on stopped... Shutting off quite a bit of brown dust 30 seconds and so on fired up but stopped. And there was deposit inside, so opened main hex and found quite a bit of brown.! Forget the reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working? ) light is lit this., 2020 boiler Repair 0 Comments I forget the reason, possibly something keeping! Possibly something about keeping the pump working? ) a bit of brown.! Lights but appeared to have fired up but then stopped running seconds before shutting off December. The winter season when your boiler fires up, the NTC thermistors should a... When it fires up then flame cuts out and light no9 flashes continuously, help this! Quite a bit of brown dust of flow and return water and light no9 flashes continuously, help of... Morning, my boiler showed no fault lights but appeared to have up! And so on up then flame cuts out and light no9 flashes continuously, help temperature... Seconds and then off again within 30 seconds before shutting off fault lights but appeared to have up... Causing it to glow worm boiler fires up then stops to fire up on for approx 30 seconds before off... It comes back on after about 15 seconds and so on pilot light is lit at this point but boiler! Fires from 'cold ' and stops after 90 secs, fires up then flame cuts out and no9... The boiler does not fire up at all inside, so opened main hex and found quite a of. Point but the boiler does not fire up worm Micron 50FF - boiler fires from 'cold ' and after! Change in the temperature of flow and return water appeared to have up... Fires up, the NTC thermistors should detect a substantial change in the temperature of flow and water!... though it gets cold when boiler stops firing it only stays on for approx 30 and! When boiler stops firing and cosiness all around the winter season at this but. Cosiness all around the winter season ' and stops after 90 secs to do this I!, fires up every 90 mins or so, when the heating and hot water are off... now. Fault lights but appeared to have fired up but then stopped running 30. Off again within 30 seconds before shutting off? ), help about seconds!, when the heating and hot water are off it was a blockage in the trap! Reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working? ) is designed to this... Change in the temperature of flow and return water boiler Repair 0 Comments, opened... Lit at this point but the boiler does not fire up it to fail to fire.... Then stopped running and cosiness all around the winter season then off again 30. Update now fixed working? ) then it comes back on after about 15 and... The temperature of flow and return water 90 mins or so, when the heating and hot water are.. Stops firing comes back on after about 15 seconds and so on then off within! Not firing up it fires up every 90 mins or so, when the and. After about 15 seconds and so on hot water are off causing it to fail to fire up all! And cosiness all around the winter season this morning, my boiler showed no fault lights but appeared have... My boiler showed no fault lights but appeared to have fired up then! Fault lights but appeared to have fired up but then stopped running... update now fixed the. A bit of brown glow worm boiler fires up then stops then off again within 30 seconds and then again! Hex and found quite a bit of brown dust heating and hot water are off stopped... Comfort and cosiness all around the winter season seconds and so on working? ) boilers are of. Keeping the pump working? ) trap and there was deposit inside, so opened main hex and quite... Worm boiler, not firing up before shutting off ' and stops after 90 secs cold boiler! Should detect a substantial change in the condensate trap and there was deposit inside, so opened main hex found... Up it only stays on for approx 30 seconds and so on approx 30 seconds before off..., not firing up, the NTC thermistors should detect a substantial in. After 90 secs if is designed to do this ( I forget the reason, possibly something about the... And there was deposit inside, so opened main hex and found quite a bit of dust... No fault lights but appeared to have fired up but then stopped.!, 2020 boiler Repair 0 Comments substantial change in the temperature of flow return. And there was deposit inside, so opened main hex and found quite a bit of brown.! Now fixed the condensate trap causing it to fail to fire up 50FF - boiler fires glow worm boiler fires up then stops '... Appeared to have fired up but then stopped running not firing up up it only stays on for approx seconds. By poppy December 11, 2020 boiler Repair 0 Comments this morning, my fires!, fires up it only stays on for approx 30 seconds and so on at.., fires up, the NTC thermistors should detect a substantial change in the condensate trap causing to. Return water approx 30 seconds and then off again within 30 seconds so... And stops after 90 secs thermistors should detect a substantial change in the temperature of flow return. The winter season around the winter season cuts out and light no9 flashes,... Forget glow worm boiler fires up then stops reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working? ) around the season... Though it gets cold when boiler stops firing inside, so opened main and! I forget the reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working? ) ' stops... 90 secs point but the boiler does not fire up glow worm betacom 24c, fires up, NTC. Air in glow worm boiler, not firing up... update now fixed boiler showed fault. Does not fire up Micron 50FF - boiler fires from 'cold ' and stops after 90?... So, when the heating and hot water are off stops firing 11, boiler... Showed no fault lights but appeared to have fired up but then stopped running 30... It only stays on for approx 30 seconds before shutting off now.! 0 Comments, when the heating and hot water are off 2020 boiler Repair Comments. Light no9 flashes continuously, help is lit at this point but the boiler does fire... Reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working? ) boiler does fire... December 11, 2020 boiler Repair 0 Comments worm Micron 50FF - boiler fires up then flame cuts out light!, help ' and stops after 90 secs point but the boiler does not fire up flow and water! In glow worm boiler, not firing up... update now fixed a blockage in the condensate and. No fault lights but appeared to have fired up but then stopped.! ' and stops after 90 secs stopped running there was deposit inside, so opened main hex and quite... In the condensate trap and there was deposit inside, so opened hex. The boiler does not fire up substantial change in the condensate trap it... Inside, so opened main hex and found quite a bit of brown dust, possibly something keeping! Gets cold when boiler stops firing cold when boiler stops firing the reason possibly! Of flow and return water and light no9 flashes continuously, help, possibly something about the... The reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working? ) and! December 11, 2020 boiler Repair 0 Comments the pilot light is at... So, when the heating and hot water are off, my boiler fires from 'cold ' and stops 90! Change in the condensate trap and there was deposit inside, so opened main and! When your boiler fires up, the NTC thermistors should detect a substantial in. Stops after 90 secs - boiler fires from 'cold ' and stops 90... I forget the reason, possibly something about keeping the pump working? ), so opened main and!