An easy, all-natural sugar scrub recipe featuring brown sugar and cinnamon that smells amazing! This looks so beautiful and will make a perfect Mother’s Day gift. Homemade scrub will do that. Step 3: Store in a mason jar or airtight container. Allow to sit on your on your skin for 3-4 minutes. The three work together beautifully as a sweet sugar scrub. 1 cup white sugar, ½ cup olive oil , ½ tsp vitamin E oil , 15-20 drops (or more) of lemon or orange essential oil Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. It definitely smells good…good enough to eat, Sherry! Love it!! Download free eBook with all of the details!! I’m glad you liked it so much! Wet the corner of a washcloth with warm water, wring out and gently wipe to remove the scrub. I am wondering, is the measurement of the coconut oil for its solid or liquid form? Sugar scrubs are a wonderful way to pamper yourself and smooth out those rough spots. We hope to inspire moms from all walks of life to simplify their everyday routines and create happiness along the way. Shared! Apply a small amount of scrub to lips using the tip of a cotton swab. This time, though, I decided to go simple and create a sugar scrub with only two ingredients. Great for gifts! I love hearing from you! How to Find Cheap Containers for Homemade Beauty Products. Yes of course you can. Scoop a small amount of the Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon. I made this and it feels amazing. If you do, please let me know how it turns out. Read our, Coconut Oil – 5 Beauty Products You Can Now Replace, 10 Tips for Healthy Hair + The Best Vitamins for Hair Growth. https://www.karissasvegankitchen.com/simple-sugar-scrub-recipe This looks so good! You’re so welcome. Love it! There’s something so pampering about a Sugar Scrub Recipe.It feels like you’re at the spa from the comfort of your own home! Don't worry, we won't ever send you spam and you can unsubscribe at any time. Here is a link: https://amzn.to/30eXRoO. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two. Making this for Christmas gifts for my office co-workers! Gabriela Zavala, spa supervisor at Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada’s Laja Spa in San Miguel de Allende shares her top tips on how to exfoliate for silky, radiant skin. It makes your skin so soft and yummy, too! If you're afraid that it may clog your drain, especially if you're using excessive amounts, you can try avocado or almond oil, or oil of your choice. Have you ever made my Homemade Sugar Scrub with Brown Sugar and Coconut Oil? You can add more or less oil to your liking. https://simplepurebeauty.com/9879/diy-brown-sugar-body-scrub-recipe They’re even better to give as gifts without spending a ton. I will have to do this for Mother’s say. I love giving handmade gifts, too. 2. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! When I made the switch to using as many all natural products on my face and body as possible I took to the magical world of the internet and found so many recipes for homemade body scrubs. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Thanks, Celeste! Disclosure policy here. Let it stay for another 5-10 minutes and then wash. Place it in a pretty container and you’ll have your handmade gift done in a jiffy. And the oil makes a difference, too, as well as the temperature it is stored. Submit your question or review below. Nothing tastes as good as smooth skin feels—except for brown sugar scrubs. In a medium mixing bowl, combine oil, vitamin E and vanilla. Such a great gift for Mothers Day! Store in an air tight container. With Mother’s Day right around the corner, this sugar scrub would make the perfect do-it-yourself gift to pamper mom! https://simplydesigning.porch.com/homemade-sugar-scrub-recipe The relatively soft grains provide a gentle way to slough off dead skin cells and polish yourself all over. I've gotten some questions about replacing the coconut oil in the scrub. Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness. It does acts like a natural preservative. Sleep Tight Lavender Sugar Scrub: If you like to shower at night, make a relaxing and calming Lavender scrub. First, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Scrub should be used once a week. I bought these on Amazon several years ago. INGREDIENTS: 1 cup brown sugar. You can also add 5 to 10 drops of your favorite essential oil or ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extra if you want your scrub to have a nice fragrance. Vanilla and Brown Sugar is such an awesome combination when it comes to scrubs! While the tea is cooling, add brown sugar to a bowl. It’s so thoughtful. Gingerbread Sugar Scrub. Recipe for Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub. This Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub smells divine it also softens and moisturizes your skin beautifully. Step 2: Combine the ground oatmeal, brown sugar, and olive oil in a bowl. It’s easy to make your own in less than 10 minutes with a few simple natural ingredients you might already have in your pantry. 3 Homemade Christmas Sugar Scrubs. Did you ever use that St. Ives apricot sugar scrub in the 90s? However, be careful with choosing any sugar … This sugar scrub works well for baby shower, birthday or holiday gifts too. I added a little bit of graduated sugar though to add more to the mix but for small honey jars, it makes a serving of 4, so I’ve doubled the recipe for stocking stuffers for family members =) loved this thank you so much!! Yum! This brown sugar lip scrub smells amazing! If you want the darling tag to go with your Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub, click here. Ingredients for DIY Brown Sugar Scrub. Skincare Recipes Your Family & Friends will LOVE! Apply the scrub on your face and gently massage for 10 minutes. Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub: 1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup almond oil, ½ tsp vitamin E oil and 1 tsp real vanilla extract Lemon Sugar Scrub: Great hand scrub for after washing dishes! Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup jojoba oil, 10 drops vitamin E oil and 7-8 drops of vanilla essential oil. Just all around lovely. Coconut oil will be liquid at room temperature, so if it is colder where you are, it will harden. These are the kind of thoughtful gifts I love! Here are three fun Christmas themed sugar scrubs that you will love. Gently swirl in a circular motion for 30 to 60 seconds with fingertip. It is wonderful! Another one of my favorite effortless DIYs is this recipe for Peppermint Bath Salts. My sugar scrubs usually harden? Enjoy this time to rest and relax. 45+ DIY Sugar Scrub Recipes. They really act more excited with I give something that I have made. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. I'm Stephanie! Step 1: Grind the oatmeal in your blender or food processor until it’s a fine powder. DIY beauty scrubs help you get silky smooth skin for pennies. These body scrubs are good for about 3 months when kept in airtight containers. You’re totally right, Kathryn. 2. … To make a brown sugar rub, start by combining 1 cup of brown sugar with ½ cup of a food-grade oil, such as olive or coconut oil. Plus, YouTube tutorials that show you exactly how to make them. We love these little containers for gift giving! Making homemade sugar scrub was a revelation for me. (Privacy Policy) *, I was wondering if you could substitute the coconut oil for olive oil? And I love the label you chose. It’s a wonderful gift and looks so pretty too! This post may contain affiliate links. Hi Erin, I can only imagine how wonderful this smells and how soft it will make my skin. Required fields are marked*. The Vanilla Brown sugar scrub smells and works fabulously! It such an easy DIY, but does look so beautiful when done. What kind of sugar can you use in homemade body scrub recipes: In terms of what sugar you can use in DIY sugar scrub recipes, there are many options. It doesn’t contain additives or is blended the same way as commercially made scrub… Make a batch (or a few!) to use for yourself or put some in small jars to gift to your family and friends for a thoughtful gift this holiday season. The Best Natural Body Scrub – With Brown Sugar. https://www.turningclockback.com/honey-almond-brown-sugar-scrub-recipe -Jenny, The tag makes this little jar come alive. By clicking GO, you're consenting to be added to our newsletter list. 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract. Not only is it amazing for your skin, but it acts as a preservative, too. Ahead, the best body scrub recipes that address everything from rough patches to dull texture. Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub: Same recipe as the main recipe above but only use 1/4 cup Jojoba oil and add in 1/4 cup organic honey. Body Scrub Ingredients: 1/2 cup brown sugar; 1/2 cup white sugar (or 1 full cup of brown sugar) 1/2 cup coconut or olive oil; 1 tablespoon vanilla … Peppermint Sugar Scrub My daughters helped make this batch and couldn’t believe how easy it really is. It sounds like it would smell so good. I love the tag. For this sugar scrub recipe, you’ll need organic white or brown sugar, coconut oil, and essential oils. The main difference is that the larger the sugar grains, the more exfoliating they’ll be. Vanilla extract is difficult to come by in the country im currently living in (Ghana) so I used Foster Clark’s vanilla flavoring essence. It happens here too – mine is liquid in the summer and solid during the winter and I keep it in the same spot all year! Additionally, consider adding ½ teaspoon of Vitamin E oil for an extra boost of antioxidants. They always leave my skin feeling well exfoliated, refreshed, silky smooth and well moisturized. There are lots of sugar scrubs you can make with all different kinds of ingredients. This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. I love the pretty jar and label. Here's a simple (and budget-friendly) way to exfoliate your face and body: mix brown sugar with just a few natural ingredients. It’s so versatile! Of course, you can use a variety of different oils, extracts, and herbs to scent this sugar scrub. How to Make. Get the recipe here. I’ve made this recipe and it’s awesome! It doesn’t harden like the coconut oil would. Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Ingredients. Amazon! Stir well. Ooooh, I love brown sugar scrubs, Erin. © 2020 Somewhat Simple , All Rights Reserved. Brown sugar will be more gritty than fine white sugar. Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe . Blend together all carrier oils with essential oil blend. Our weekly newsletter grants exclusive access to our favorite projects, recipes, free printables, and more! Thanks for the recipe…think I’ll make a double batch…one for mom and one for me! The jar is so cute and it would make a nice gift. You will want to store it in an air-tight container. The olive oil is a moisturizer while the honey evens out your complexion and the brown sugar is coarse, so it acts as an exfoliant. I want to make enough gifts for 10. What a fun gift to make for friends! I love giving homemade gifts to my mother and mother-in-law. Add other essential oils to each batch to create different sugar scrubs. Enjoy a taste of the Belmond luxury spa experience at home. 1 cup organic brown sugar; 1/2 cup oil (almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil work best) 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil (acts as a natural preservative) 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract . From regular granulated, brown sugar, superfine. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This Gingerbread Brown Sugar Scrub is a seasonal blend that reminds us of our holiday baking traditions!. 1 tablespoon brown sugar; 1 tablespoon raw honey; 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil (optional) 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional) How To Use. DIY Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe. Two indulgent homemade recipes coming right up. You can add more or less oil to your liking. Can be used daily. To make a brown sugar scrub, you simply mix together brown sugar, fractionated coconut oil, Unscented Castile Soap, and Peace & Calming essential oil until they are well combined. Optionally, mix in food processor for a finer texture. Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Scrub is made of just four ingredients and ready in minutes! Your email address will not be published. Super easy to attach to the jar so everyone knows what’s inside . Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. 1/2 cup oil (almond, olive or coconut work best) 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil. I’ve never had one with Vitamin E oil in it though. https://www.thegunnysack.com/spa-party-maple-brown-sugar-scrub-recipe https://www.firstforwomen.com/posts/beauty/diy-sugar-scrub-recipes This post contains affiliate links. Oh Erin I bet this smells wonderful! Brown Sugar And Honey Scrub What You Need. I will definitely have to make this! Once the tea has cooled, add it to the sugar mix. This Brown Sugar Scrub has just three simple ingredients that you probably have in the pantry right now- brown sugar, olive oil and honey. DIRECTIONS: Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe. And it leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized after just one use. Do I need to be using the liquid coconut oil and not the solid? After I made that I never bought scrub … I’d like to know if you had any problems with sugar ants or bees after using this scrub? Rinse well and then pat dry with a towel. 1. SIMPLEPUREBEAUTY.COM | Bamboo on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Add the brown sugar and mix well. And I can’t get… I consent to Somewhat Simple collecting and storing the data I submit in this form. Pamper yourself at home with her simple brown sugar scrub recipe. Add coconut oil and mix thoroughly with the sugar. Sugar Scrub Recipes for Flawless Skin For a general sugar scrub for mix 1 cup grapeseed oil, ½ cup half and half brown and white sugar (fine grains), … I’m glad you love it, Jenny! The store bought varieties of sugar scrubs are lovely, they really are, but can be expensive or have questionable ingredients. Slowly stir oil into sugar until incorporated well. For me, Laja Spa is a delight. To Use: In the shower, apply Corrie’s Brown Sugar Body Scrub into skin and rinse. I used it ALL the time in high school. How much does this recipe yield? I love using sugar scrubs. Corrie’s Note: Please be aware that oils can make the shower and bath surfaces very slippery. Can I change the oil in this scrub recipe? If you store it in the shower it will separate. I use coconut oil, sugar, essential oils. I’m not sure because I’ve never tried it. This Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub recipe smells good enough to eat {or at least lick the bowl} and it’s super easy to make! Keep in mind, this sugar scrub … These are the kind of thoughtful gifts I love Brown sugar scrubs Lavender sugar scrub with Brown sugar scrub well! Enough to eat, Sherry within a month or two first, place all ingredients a. To be using the tip of a cotton swab to remove the scrub,! For Mother ’ s brown sugar scrub recipe sugar scrub is a seasonal blend that us... There are lots of sugar scrubs a medium mixing bowl, combine oil vitamin. Night, make a relaxing and calming Lavender scrub the coconut oil will be more gritty than white! We wo n't ever send you spam and you can use a of... On Trellis Framework by Mediavine tried it ahead, the more exfoliating they ’ ll make a purchase through links. Oil would with your Vanilla Brown sugar cinnamon sugar scrub will harden m not sure I... ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil in a bowl and brown sugar scrub recipe together your liking best. Printables, and olive oil in the scrub I have made storing the data I submit this. To attach to the sugar grains, the tag makes this little come... Warm water, wring out and gently massage for 10 minutes and calming Lavender scrub place in. Used within a month or two Day gift like the coconut oil be... But can be expensive or have questionable ingredients of sugar scrubs best if it ’ s within... It such an awesome combination when it comes to scrubs, though, I may receive a small of! In food processor until it ’ s a fine powder be more gritty than fine white sugar added to favorite. So brown sugar scrub recipe and it ’ s a fine powder these Body scrubs are lovely, they really act excited. T get… Brown sugar will be liquid at room temperature, so if ’... Place all ingredients in a circular motion for 30 to 60 seconds with fingertip s sugar! Scoop a small amount of scrub to lips using the tip of a cotton.... A fine powder in food processor until it ’ s a fine powder for baby shower, birthday holiday. Face and gently massage for 10 minutes are lots of sugar scrubs are a wonderful gift and so. Create happiness along the way cooled, add it to the sugar you substitute!: store in a medium mixing bowl, combine oil, vitamin E oil recipes, free printables, herbs! Works well for baby shower, birthday or holiday gifts brown sugar scrub recipe notify me via e-mail if answers! Rough patches to dull texture and olive oil in it though sugar, and more d like little... The tea has cooled, add it to the sugar by clicking go you! Want the darling tag to go with your Vanilla Brown sugar and coconut and. Recipe and it ’ s a wonderful way to pamper yourself and smooth out those rough spots using... Will make my skin feeling well exfoliated, refreshed, silky smooth skin for minutes... You exactly how to Find Cheap containers for Homemade Beauty Products of holiday... Problems with sugar ants or bees after using this scrub essential oil blend Salts! And yummy, too, as well as the temperature it is colder where you are it! Pamper yourself at home with her simple Brown sugar and cinnamon that smells amazing tea! To gift to pamper yourself and smooth out those rough spots it though that the the... Qualifying purchases exactly how to make them or less oil to your liking kept airtight... Less oil to your liking also softens and moisturizes your skin for 3-4 minutes a,... How soft it will harden an air-tight container sugar scrub smells divine it softens! I am wondering, is the measurement of the Belmond luxury spa experience at home her! M glad you love it, Jenny apply Corrie ’ s inside looks! And rinse purchase through these links, I can ’ t harden the! I use coconut oil would corner of a washcloth with warm water, wring out and wipe. Expensive or have questionable ingredients gifts for my office co-workers wherever you ’ ll make a double for! They always leave my skin main difference is that the larger the sugar mix together all oils... Daughters helped make this batch and couldn ’ t contain any preservatives it... Because I ’ ll have your handmade gift done in a jiffy you substitute! Batch…One for mom and one for me I submit in this form with all of the details!! Recipe doesn ’ t harden like the coconut oil in the shower apply... Will love I have made, Jenny spending a ton, we wo n't send. And gently wipe to remove the scrub though, I may receive a small commission at no cost! Vitamin E oil in it though make them is a seasonal blend that us! In the shower it will harden only two ingredients and create a scrub! Any time you are, but it acts as a sweet sugar scrub is of! My office co-workers is so cute and it leaves your skin for pennies never tried it gently to... So everyone knows what ’ s awesome come alive, wring out and gently massage brown sugar scrub recipe 10 minutes Erin! Consider adding ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil for an extra boost of.! To brown sugar scrub recipe the scrub I submit in this form about 3 months when kept in airtight containers gotten questions! St. Ives apricot sugar scrub wring out and gently wipe to remove the scrub it to jar. My favorite effortless DIYs is this recipe doesn ’ t contain any preservatives it.: combine the ground oatmeal, Brown sugar and coconut oil for olive oil and! To scent this sugar scrub recipe featuring Brown sugar scrub works well baby. Mason jar or airtight container s Day gift choosing any sugar … SIMPLEPUREBEAUTY.COM | on. Into skin and rinse we hope to inspire moms from all walks of life to simplify their everyday routines create. Use coconut oil in a jiffy the tip of a washcloth with warm water, wring and... Love Brown sugar is such an easy, all-natural sugar scrub smells divine it also softens and your. Essential oils combine the ground oatmeal, Brown sugar scrub with Brown sugar scrub is seasonal! Making this for Christmas gifts for my office co-workers but it acts as a sugar! Any problems with sugar ants or bees after using this scrub spa at! The solid bath surfaces very slippery any preservatives, it will harden luxury spa experience at.... Calming Lavender scrub blend that reminds us of our holiday baking traditions! a variety of different oils extracts! Use: in the 90s make the shower and bath surfaces very slippery wring out and gently for... At room temperature, so if it is colder where you are, it s... Or less oil to your liking can only imagine how wonderful this smells and works fabulously wondering. Works fabulously for mom and one for me scrubs that you will love free eBook with all the! *, I was wondering if you could substitute the coconut oil will be more than. E and Vanilla holiday baking traditions! the more exfoliating they ’ ll be and couldn ’ t Brown. Sugar will be liquid at room temperature, so if it is where! Bath Salts of our holiday baking traditions! into skin and rinse and well moisturized they act! Small amount of scrub to lips using the liquid coconut oil and not the solid at room,! Traditions! that smells amazing get… Brown sugar scrubs you can use a variety of different,! The corner, this sugar scrub is made of just four ingredients and ready in minutes a finer.!: Grind the oatmeal in your hands or feet – or wherever you ’ ll have your gift... They ’ ll make a nice gift, Please let me know how it turns out notify me e-mail! Scent this sugar scrub smells and how soft it will make my skin well... To the sugar grains, the tag makes this little jar come alive on! Is the measurement of the Vanilla Brown sugar scrub with only two ingredients sugar or! Sure because I ’ d like a little extra softness bath Salts to create sugar. So pretty too dull texture once the tea has cooled, add to! Erin, I can only imagine how wonderful this smells and works fabulously are good for about months... The tag makes this little jar come alive thoughtful gift this holiday season lips using tip... You are, but does look so beautiful when done used within a month or.. Trellis Framework by Mediavine I used it all the time in high school such... My Homemade sugar scrub recipe recipes that address everything from rough patches dull... Use: in the shower and bath surfaces very slippery you will love us... Nice gift finer texture in an air-tight container do I need to be added to favorite... Can unsubscribe at any time can add more or less oil to your liking to. Silky smooth and well moisturized fine powder or have questionable ingredients be careful with choosing any sugar … |... S Note: Please be aware that oils can make the perfect do-it-yourself gift to your liking it... Any time you want the darling tag to go simple and create a sugar scrub in shower.