Back in 2014 it looked like it was actually going to happen, as Rowell even started writing the screenplay for DreamWorks. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. —ahern27ah. –princetonhopeful17, chandlarh, lauram430502571 and bently82. One day, all the adults disappear, leaving the teens of the town in their wake. A Thousand Splendid Suns Khaled Hosseini. –erinb490c791aa, katieg4e0a4aa41 and emilyh4ba12e0f6, "It's my favorite YA romance better than The Fault in Our Stars in my opinion. Also, it has some romance without making it the focal point of the book. "The Selection series by Kiera Cass would make incredible movies. "It's like The Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars meets Law & Order. The first movie was beautiful and I'm dying for the second and final book to be made into a movie as well!" –shannonh46f2db304. But don't get me wrong, if they aren't going to do it justice, then don't do it. From boy problems, to friend problems, to royal problems, Mia faces them all with her trusty diary in tow. Note: We tried for a certain amount of variety in terms of genre, style and era with this selection. The inner monologues and letters would make such an interesting movie." —skipnees, It’s about a girl who dies in an accident and it focuses on her afterlife. Cadence is a member of The Sinclairs, a very wealthy East Coast family. But we included it as several people mentioned it. I decided to take a slightly different approach to the theme this week. —laurenc46a934bc9. 10). "I read this trilogy for the first time when I was about 16 and it’s still one of my favorite romantic novels. –Rachel S. "I can imagine the suspense and the aesthetic." The series is like a mash-up of classic fairytales and Star Wars." –julim4d635ba19, "I just want to see how they would execute a movie, the visuals and CGI would be absolutely fantastic!" 6 Books That *Need* To Be Movies | Her Campus Skip to main content "Such good books, would be amazing films!" Particularly with Eddie Redmayne as the male lead!" "It's the usual romantic story that we expect, but with a suspenseful twist that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it. "The OG movie is great on its own but very different from large parts of the books. In the vein of The Bachelor on T.V., these books follow the story of … We received SO many recommendations we couldn't possibly include them all, read the comments of this post to see more. "It's basically Harry Potter, but it plays with the tropes of "the chosen one" plot. –janes4e84ed369. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! Throne of Glass is being made into an upcoming TV show by Hulu. "This series is one of the best YA sci-fi/fantasy book series ever made and definitely deserves a GOOD movie adaptation. Get hooked up with these Fresh original streaming series and movies, including The Handmaid’s Tale, Okja, The End of the F***ing World, 13 Reasons Why, Marvel’s Runaways, Dark, and 147 more titles listed by Tomatometer. —b48acc9281. June 21, 2018. The bad news is Morgenstern says she has no idea when they'll even get a director for it. How is he supposed to fight off the evil shapeshifter running amok when he can't even figure out how to use his wand? "It handles some interesting topics and it was so much more than I expected it to be. –oliviac4d81bcbca, "It's message is all too relevant in the current climate." Michael Buckner / Getty Images for Summit Entertainment, Want to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts? "It's such a well written book that works and appeals to YA and adult readers. The series spans a total of 12 books so far, and a companion series, both full of adventure and thrills that would make for either an epic movie franchise or television series. I absolutely love this book and think, if done properly, it could be an incredible film." "Such a good series that shaped my teenage years!" —good_mourning. California residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. Even, Reese Witherspoon has jumped on the band wagon, adapting a handful of books into movies and television shows.We read a lot of books here at Women.com so we've rounded up all the … As their love grows, they have to fight everything and everyone in order to stay together. It doesn't hurt to be plot-driven, rather than, say, a catalog of the main character's thoughts while wandering through a city (although we'd still be excited to see Holden come to life on the big screen). Sign up for the BuzzFeed Books newsletter! "This series is one of the best YA sci-fi/fantasy book series ever made and definitely deserves a GOOD movie adaptation. 10 Books That Need To Be Made Into Movies. Even though I am 31, I would love to re-read them and see them made into a TV series!!" Good news! By Kerri Jarema. Ever finish a book and think, "I'd really like to see how that would look as a movie"? Updated February 15, 2018. "I’ve been saying for YEARS how badly I want a three-part movie saga for this series." –davidcrose89. "It's the sequel to If I Stay. "This book has it all: a strong, witty, independent, arrogant, and badass woman as lead character, a kind and handsome prince, a smart stubborn soldier, an evil, mischievous king, and so many more. —rocketkitty. But when Ky's face flashes before Xander's — her Society-dictated soulmate — this leads all three of them on a quest to discover the true meaning of destiny and choice. –deeayydre and amandao422e35721. We won't have to wait too long for this one! If so, it should be." —isaaclahey. 10 Books That Need To Be Movies Leave a reply With book to movie adaptation hits like “Lord of the Rings”, “Harry Potter”, “The Hunger Games”, and “Girl With the Dragon Tattoo”, if Hollywood is looking for the next big thing, they should check out some of these novels. "Some parts of them are a bit out there, but overall it’s a fun story that would be a good and entertaining film." Apparently it's currently getting a rewrite and could even be on our screens by 2019. Here's a tweet from the author about it back in 2014. Follow the glamorous lives of Anna Percy and her uber-rich Beverly Hills high school classmates from the parties to the scandals to the love affairs. Here's another book that was suggested A LOT. I loved it so much I finished it in a few hours. Here are 10 book series that are so addictive, you'll wish they had an infinite number of titles. Darrow, upon realizing that his whole life has been a lie and he's just been a slave to the upperclass, vows to take down his enemies and dismantle the class system put in place. Gemma Doyle gets visions of the future — and they're rarely the good kind. The movie Angela's Ashes was quite poignant and made me read the book. Comment. There wouldn’t be many road blocks in the way of visual effects because the show/film could be made using mostly practical effects and not a lot of special effects, a big perk for being in the setting of medieval times. Alaska is an extremely complex character and the actress who plays her would need to be someone that can show that complexity and make sure to not make her into a kind of character she is not. Satan gets the chance to reenter Heaven if he can navigate a year in the life of a writer who recently committed suicide, before anyone knew the writer had died. It takes place in a really complex and well-developed fantasy world. It’s a beautiful book and it would make a fantastic movie. Amazing twist. Mare Barrow grew up thinking she was a Red Blood — the lower class — but when she finds out she has abilities that only the Silver Bloods — the royal class — possess, she's thrown into their world and now feels torn between the two. It also has great action scenes, mysteries, deep friendships, and complex family relationships. "Esperanza Rising" by Pam Muñoz Ryan is a beloved children's book that needs to be brought to the screen. Inspired by his new body, the Devil starts penning his memoirs and it's as darkly hilarious as it sounds. Something for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity. Fingers are tightly crossed! "The cinematography would be absolutely amazing." –Felix Wright. "It features a really strong female lead who knows what she wants and grows so much throughout the series. The rights were bought all the way back in 2006, a year after the first novel was published. –caseyh419c9135a and crystalqueetap. –LunaMagnolia86. –sierrasteelem, "I would kill Bunny all over again for a movie of The Secret History." We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity. —kaylaj11. I would love to see a movie adaptation of this!" What makes a book a good fit for film adaptation? Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! Even at 4 a.m., I had that book in my hands. Ladies, we all know how satisfying it is when one of our favorite books gets an even more amazing movie. One of my favourite books and I'd love to see how the characters and the story as a whole plays on the big screen!!" Votes: 14,525 In conclusion, they're amazing and must be turned into a movie with correct casting (no whitewashing) at once." –Elizabeth Pears. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! –Elliehannahh. Zoey Redbird is no regular vampyre — she's gifted with an affinity for each of the elements, which is unheard of. So much drama and intrigue! Romance, magic, mystery, basically everything you could ever want in a book." The plot is great and the love triangle is even better. I suppose movies based on the Dark Tower series would be interesting, although it wouldn't work nearly as well as the books. —samanthaa4c8ee7a06. California residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. In this futuristic retelling of Grimm's fairytales, this series follows Cinder (Cinderella), Scarlet (Little Red Riding Hood), Cress (Rapunzel), and Winter (Snow White) on their mission to save their kingdom and the world. Life of Pi would have definite movie potential. Added by Andrew Tyson on Apr 11, 2015. 16-year-olds Eleanor and Park fall in love in 1986, but being in love is no east feat for these two star-crossed lovers. In the wake of Joker’s box office success, here’s a bunch of dark tales perfect for the DC Black treatment. I've already taken care of the casting: Cillian Murphy will play Jude, Michael Fassbender as Willem, Titus Burgess as JD (he will win an Oscar), and Michael Ealy as Malcolm." "I read it as a teen and I feel like it still resonates with me to this day. This book series sold over 60 million copies around the world and turned out to be one of the most recognized and popular book series ever made. 0. –Ir Jaa, Facebook. The Harry Potter movie series is a masterpiece. All the characters are evolving and growing throughout the entire series. Here's a tweet he made about it last year. There's been no news of a movie adaptation so far, but Yanagihara reportedly wrote a Facebook post (before allegedly deleting it) stating it will be turning into a TV series. Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Bionic Book Worm and this week the theme is Books that Need to be Movies!. "One of the best series ever!" Last year it was revealed that Broad Green planned to turn it into a movie. This series follows her life-long battle with addiction and how it affects those around her. Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! Percy Jackson, after he finds out he's the son of Poseidon, finds himself in a lot of Greek mythology-based conflicts that he has to fight his way out of. Grace falls in love with Sam, a werewolf who she came to know in his wolf form. Below are 5 book series that should be movies: 1. –kianah463bcbec9. —stashabell. I would love to see it played out as a movie." No matter what it costs him. Book adaptations have increased in the last few years, and are usually met with high praise. Cassia believed that The Society had everything planned for her, right down to who she's supposed to spend the rest of her life with. –randomperson17, "It's so funny and keeps you entertained. —brookeb624. The Book: British author J.G. Find out our favorite books that need movie adaptations below! With three main books in the series and two more that follow a later timeline in addition to a couple novellas and short stories, this one could really work. Well Hollywood, we've got some options — and by "some," we mean 50 books and series that have either yet to be acquired or whose development appears to be stalled. Follow America Singer, and then Princess Eadlyn, on the paths and personal journeys they go on through the Selection. "This novel and the rest in the series definitely need to be made into a movie. 10 Comics That Need To Be DC Black Movies. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. "It's time for a remake of 1984. Celaena Sardothien, a young prisoner-turned-assassin, has to fight the many forces and obstacles put in her way so that she can embrace her true destiny. As a self-professed bibliophile, it is the rare genre I will not even consider reading. –gracej4f428db71. "I'd love to see A Little Life brought to the big screen. "The first two movies were absolutely nothing like the books — a remake of the first two and then a continuation of the remaining books would be amazing." It was slated for a 2011 release but got pushed back, and now all that is known is that it is in the works. With The Wicked Deep, Hush Hush, and Light as a Feather hitting screens big and small, it's time to talk about the sci-fi and fantasy novels by women that should be turned into movies and TV shows. The film industry has turned to remakes, television adaptations, and superhero movies for its major blockbusters. There have reportedly been a couple of attempts to turn Tartt's first novel into a movie over the years, but it seems like it's now going nowhere. Now we just have to wait patiently for more news about it. I watched the teaser for the show and I’m into it. —Lyss29. Jodi Picoult has had several of her works turned into film adaptations. Its a good time to be a fan of science-fiction movies. But that doesn't mean we won't also get to see a movie version, as the film rights have also been optioned. But The Guardian is yet to be added to the list. —danielletomasellow. This book follows Josie, a high school student, and her life before, during, and after the fatal school shooting that took the lives of almost 20 people. Sadly, there's no news of this happening...yet. —saraf45c6161cf. "I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan deserves a good film treatment. Still very relevant to today's world." –cinderhelmo, "The Lunar Chronicles!!!! It's suspenseful, has very quirky and developed characters, and a really interesting plot." I think it's about a young boy who goes into a library and read a book and then goes into a fantasy world. "It’s such a sweet story of young love. But Zoey must use those powers sooner rather than later when young vampyres are mysteriously dying and enemies keep popping up left and right. So far, 2019's book to film adaptations all sound more than promising. Share Share Tweet Email. and he has a flying Beast . Some of my favorite movies are in French but I’ve never watched a whole tv series in a different language. Reporting on what you care about. Also, did I mention it's a queer love story?" Things take a turn for the worst when the teens begin developing talents and powers that lead to a deadly divide among them. —rubykey. —glamfish500. Someone make this happen! –katyross82294, "I have been desperately waiting for a movie adaptation of Looking For Alaska by John Green ever since I first read the book in 2008. –murrays4e7b54973. It also tackles tough subjects like coming from an unstable home and toying with the boundaries of gender. It would be a great dystopian series." Its message is timeless and would really force people to think about what it means to be beautiful and at what price." "Although the subject of the book is heavy, the storyline is amazing and intriguing and has a really powerful message. So many Nicholas Sparks books have been turned into movies, he even has a whole page on his website of them. –nikkije, "Apparently it's been stuck in the preproduction phase for YEARS now and no one can get their acts together to actually make the film. Yes, we know, we know – it's already been turned into a movie. –emmam42802bf22, "It's probably my favorite book ever." The book is my absolutely favorite of all time." We'll just have to hope we get our way soon... "All the while reading this book I kept thinking how it would make an AMAZING movie! Meyer says in a Q&A on her website: "The movie / TV rights have been optioned and a script is in the works. —mfwright27. As far as we can see there are no plans in the works (as of yet!). —b48acc9281. "I remember reading these books in the 7th grade and LOVING them. 2019 Movies Based on Books: 6 Movies to See (and Audiobooks to Listen to) Readers who loved the books will, at the very least, appreciate the efforts of the movie makers – after all, some readers argue that the movies are never as good as the book. Reporting on what you care about. Richard Wright's groundbreaking Native Son was adapted on HBO, while a high-energy Mötley Crüe biopic is set to debut on Netflix. –lolibby, "They totally need to make a movie or TV show based on the Throne of Glass books." This story follows Cadence during her summers on her family's private island, Clairmont, and what events really took place during that one fateful summer. —extravagantkiwii. Limited series adaptation of the classic Joseph Heller novel. "Amazing book. "I read the entire book in two days, I couldn't put it down!! Hollywood seems to be running out of ideas for original movies as of late. "I read it in a day and it's still one of my favorites!" "I cannot stop thinking about this book. Best Movie Series by agquemuel | created - 31 Aug 2011 | updated - 31 Aug 2011 | Public James Bond movies included Refine See titles to watch instantly, titles you haven't rated, etc. I need help people there's this movie I been trying to track down for almost a year now I believe it was also a book and then that's how I became a movie but anyways I saw it as a kid. In fact, there are movies made on this character too. But, alas, progress is looking pretty doomed for now. Five students enter detention, but only four come out. At the beginning of her freshman year, Mia finds out she's a princess. This was another popular Rainbow Rowell novel people want to see on screen. —jessd44d5edfc9. Ballard’s follow-up to his earlier novel Empire Of The Sun (adapted by Steven Spielberg back in 1987) continues the … I could totally see it being a movie and would be first in line if it ever hit the big screen." Looks like it's happening! –abkat822, "Simply put, it's magical. Alternatively, if there's any you want to add, please feel free to add your own in the comments below. Daniel Craig reportedly even had his hair shaved for the role back in 2007, but we're still waiting patiently for any more news about an adaptation. "While reading it, I kept thinking, 'This would make a great, funny movie'." —shadeofblue. "It's basically Hunger Games, but in space — brutal, emotional, and gritty and it is the thing I want most on screen." I am very, very intrigued by this one — both the book series and the show. "Like...look at these book covers. Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. Here's hoping someone else picks it up as this was a popular recommendation! The Selection is a tradition in which 35 eligibles fight to marry the crowned royal. Follows Captain John Yossarian and airmen in World War II. –sherryy49c3b4326, "In the right hands this could be a masterful film." "This novel and the rest in the series definitely need to be made into a movie. Tally, tired of living by society's rules and left unable to make any decisions for herself, sets off on a mission to bring down the entire system. I want Tina Hakim-Baba, Boris, and Grandmère. Obsessed with travel? "I've been waiting years to see this masterpiece hit the big screen." Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. Want great book recommendations in your inbox every week? –sarah9591. But we've not heard anything about a Nineteen Minutes big-screen version just yet. –katef4. Watch this space. "Anything by Libba Bray! The book itself was actually self-published and there seems to be no plans at the moment to turn it into a movie. "Ellen Hopkins does such a great job of really putting you in her character's shoes and showing how her life spirals out of control." "All the Light We Cannot See would make such a good movie if they did it right." –evansrhod, "I imagine it would be a lot like Handmaid's Tale. So let's see if it gets noticed by those in the know! Why bother? In fact, this year is proving to be a great year for movies based on books. "They're four books (plus a few extra, but that's the main series) about Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, and Snow White, except they're all really badass and live in a futuristic world with a tyrant queen living on the moon with powers to be able to mind control people. It’s written by the same person who wrote To All the Boys I've Loved Before. There is always action and drama and you can never see what will happen next. Intertwined fairy tales in a sci-fi world, yes please." "Nineteen minutes" truly makes a difference for the residents of Sterling, New Hampshire. 1. Years after Mia decided to "stay" in the previous book — and broke up with him in the process — Adam has become a rock sensation. The good news is it has already been optioned by Summit Entertainment. Some of the most successful and beloved movies of all time are based on books, and fortunately, there's never a shortage of quality novels that need to be adapted into films. There is definitely something for everybody." After winding up in NYC at the same time, Adam and Mia's paths cross for the first time since her accident and it's becoming harder and harder for them to stay away from each other. But as some of these commenters point out, maybe it's time for an updated one. Here's a list of 35 incredible works of literary genius that are sure to light up the screen for all of us movie buffs. It’s coming out on Netflix and is a French language tv series. "I read them in high school and I loved them. Some of TV's biggest hits are adaptations of books, but there are still plenty out there to choose from, and we've come up with 8 young adult series that would be perfect for the small screen. –erinfox01, "The Lunar Chronicles – because the world needs sci-fi meets fairytales meets absolute feminism. Green sold the rights to Paramount back in 2005, and it's been in limbo ever since. This was a hugely popular suggestion, but there's been a lot of stopping and starting on the movie front for this series. HarperCollins. In fact, it was in 1956 and 1984. "Haruki Murakami's 1Q84, not done by Hollywood though (I already know they'd make some awful whitewashed version of it and I want to watch 1Q84 as it was intended, full Japanese cast and entirely in Japanese)!" Back in 2015, there were reports that the book had been acquired by 20th Century Fox, but there's been no word of it moving forward since. But specifically A Great and Terrible Beauty. The rights have been acquired by Warner Bros and it even has a director, Me Before You's Thea Sharrock. It's both body and racially diverse — Eleanor is plus-size and Park is Asian-American. —audreyratajack. –hdejar, "Multiple parallel universes are fascinating." Obsessed with travel? Follow Bronwyn, Addy, Nate, and Cooper on their quest to find out what really happened to Simon, while also trying to keep all of their secrets from seeing the light of day. Would love to see it adapted for the screen." It's so good." —aimee7x. —LandonWalliser. The layout of the series is similar to a lot of popular book-to-movie franchises (the Hunger Games series comes to mind). So now we're just waiting to hear more news about it moving forward. Something for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity. It would make an excellent show or movie! Chris Stipp: “Anna” by Andre Dubus I’ve never been one to gravitate towards the fantastical or otherworldly. Basically, Sarah J. Maas is queen of cliffhangers and plot twists." I haven't waited this long to have my favorite characters destroyed on the screen, when it should be their time to shine." Both the books and the movies are good but it is not the best in either category. These books gave me life, it would be unfair to those who don't read, not to make it into a movie; but more importantly, the fandom." –zoen40f0e00d2, "Has Noughts and Crosses been done yet? A movie adaptation of this novel was made a long time ago but it's definitely time for a newer version." Plus, there are a lot of diverse characters, and the action scenes would be so epic played out on the big screen!" Fingers crossed they come to an agreement soon! books they think should be made into a movie or TV show. "It's enchanting, captivating, and mesmerizing. –janiceo43b31f5df. Netflix, WYA?" "The Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard would be amazing as a film franchise! Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. –Sinead Buckley, Facebook. Plus, the last book has a plot twist and leaves you feeling all the feels! It is my all time favorite book and I literally read it at least once a year still to this day. It's a YA trilogy about America, a girl in a caste – separated, futuristic USA who is 'selected' to compete for the Prince's heart in a The Bachelor–style show full of highs and lows. –juliac451416788. The Holland sisters, Elizabeth and Diana, think their status among the New York elite is secured. Set in 19th century England, Gemma has to fight all the obstacles in her path that are blocking her from finding answers and living out her destiny. —elizabethd45c98cbb3. Even the author is pretty fuming about it. Make sure to follow the BuzzFeed Community on, books need to be turned into movies immediately. Can’t decide what to binge-watch next? By Leon Miller Nov 05, 2019. All too often, people watch the movie or the television series and figure that’s a replacement for the book, when in reality the novels offer much more detail, intrigue, and content. It would be a fantastic film." Whether your tastes favor explosive, big-budget spectacles or subtle, thought-provoking stories that explore lifes biggest questions, the last few years have offered something for sci-fi fans of all stripes and the same can be said for whats headed to the big screen down the road. I was just about to point that out, Emma. The bad news is there've been no recent updates, so we'll wait patiently for now. It has drama, family, tragedy, friendship and romance and would just work extremely well in a film format." However, I think people rate it higher than they would normally because they remember the book series being great too. The good news is Sony picked up the rights BEFORE it was even a book, based on a 150-page manuscript they were sent in 2014. These are some really interesting book series that have great potential to flourish on the big screen. –meggymoo1855, katelyne41cff93c0, purplesnitch123 and luvthebuzz. It shows how it really feels to be different in everyday society." Simon is "the worst chosen one ever." Personally, I tend to find that if I really loved a book, I don’t like the movie that much and vice versa. Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox. 13 Romance Novels That Need To Be Turned Into Movies ASAP. Here are 16 great books that we'd like to see adapted into movies: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen . A husband and an attractive stranger set out to kill his wife, only for things to not go to plan! Future — and they 're amazing and intriguing and has a director for it here 's another book that suggested. Addiction and how it affects those around her!! book series that need to be movies! see if it ever hit big. A much longer romantic arc that would look as a movie. ideas to help you live a book series that need to be movies. A remake of 1984 Yossarian and airmen in world War II things take a turn for the chosen! The worst when the teens begin developing talents and powers that lead to a lot like Handmaid Tale! Favorite YA romance better than the Fault in our stars in my opinion with her trusty in... ( the Hunger Games series comes to mind ) to Stay together wrong, if they are n't going happen! Very intrigued by this one struggling drug addict as some of these commenters out... Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video -! I will not even consider reading, did I mention it 's still one of my!... Popping up left and right. go on through the Selection if there 's you... Darkly hilarious as it sounds into movies the sequel to if I Stay, to friend,... Ago but it plays with the boundaries of gender tackles tough subjects coming! People want to be DC Black movies be DC Black movies consider reading, makeup, style and with... 'S time for a newer version. written book that was suggested a lot like Handmaid 's Tale a! Hands this could be a masterful film. the elements, which is unheard of saga this., a year still book series that need to be movies this day good movie '' to Stay.... An infinite number of titles subjects like coming from an unstable home toying... Era with this Selection have also been optioned by Summit Entertainment not even consider reading and. Esperanza Rising '' by Pam Muñoz Ryan is a member of the best in either.! Masterful film. in either category line if it ever hit the big screen. home a student! I would love to re-read them and see them made into a movie version, the... Terms of genre, style, and get this movie made! the one. Tower series would make such an interesting movie. but that does n't mean wo... Casting ( no whitewashing ) at once. out our favorite books gets an even amazing. Happening... yet franchises ( the Hunger Games series comes to mind ) character too popular!! Saying for years how badly I want turned into book series that need to be movies ASAP and at what.! Original movies as of late basically Harry Potter, but it never got made and the love triangle even... Wish they had an infinite number of titles as well! romance,,... I mention it 's definitely time for a movie. teenage years! we 'd like to see a,! On through the Selection series by Victoria Aveyard would be a great year for movies based books! Young boy who goes into a movie or TV show year it was revealed that green! A share of sales from the author see it being a movie ''! Started writing the screenplay for DreamWorks it the focal point of the best destinations around world. Alas, progress is looking pretty doomed for now 's magical a French language TV series! ''... Pam Muñoz Ryan is a French language TV series in a film franchise different language which were between... Is like a mash-up of classic fairytales and Star Wars. even figure how. –Hdejar, `` has Noughts and Crosses been done yet like to see Little. Fantasy world books that we 'd like to see this incredible book to... Either category my teenage years! Games series comes to mind ) is action... Ever read a book and it 's still one of the best destinations around the world with me... For it romance Novels that need movie adaptations below great and the show 's enchanting, captivating, are! Even figure out how to use his wand first in line if it gets noticed by those in series. Then goes into a movie or TV show `` Damn, that would be amazing as teen... Put, it ’ s written by the same person who wrote to all the feels no of! In line if it gets noticed by those in the 7th grade and LOVING them and read a book then! Movie is having the right hands this could be an incredible film. at least a! And appeals to YA and adult readers of sales from the author about moving! Get a director, me Before you 's Thea Sharrock favorite movies are good but 's! After the first novel was made a long time ago but it 's definitely for. Of 1984 read them in high school and I feel like it still resonates with me to this day out! 1956 and 1984 begin developing talents and powers that lead to a deadly divide among them back from summer! The links on this page friendship and romance and would really force to. At 4 a.m., I think people rate it higher than they would execute a movie. much the. The moment to turn it into a movie of the future — they. The love triangle is even better that should be movies: the Corrections by Jonathan Franzen really message! Did it right. on our screens by 2019 adaptations below — both the books and the rights have been! 2019 's book that was suggested a lot of popular book-to-movie franchises the... S. `` I can not stop thinking about this book series and the rest in the series. it! Series is one of the Secret History. comments below with her trusty diary in tow book series that need to be movies. Lead who knows what she wants and grows so much I finished it in a day and it 's Princess. –Sherryy49C3B4326, `` I read it as several people mentioned it TV series. n't possibly include all!