The lemon and rosemary work so well with the Gorgonzola. The garlic, rosemary and cream temper the strong Gorgonzola flavor just enough to make it palatable for those who don’t usually love the cheese. Season to taste and serve. The sauce is so rich that a little bit goes a long way. Steak and blue cheese is a match made in heaven. Heat a large cast iron pan or griddle pan over high heat. I totally recommend it if you feel like this and don’t want to make it! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Mmm Mmmm, it did not disappoint! To add to the recipe ideas we already have on our site, we asked our cookery team to create 10 sauces that are ready in 25 minutes or under. Add 2 tsp green peppercorns, crushing a few of them gently in the pan with the back of a spoon. Beer 52 exclusive offer: Get a free case of craft beer worth £24. All done! Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 - 3 minutes, or until cheese is mostly melted and sauce is very fragrant. Had lots of leftovers for… not sure. Blue Cheese Sauce for Steaks, Burgers, and Chicken Food.com white wine, green onion, white pepper, milk, pepper sauce, garlic cloves and 3 more Chipotle Blue Sauce Poinsettia Drive Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until the garlic softens. I cook my steaks for 2-3 minutes per side until they are medium rare. I think you could maybe add some of the pasta water to the sauce to coat the pasta better but it should be quite delicious otherwise. For sauce, add crumbled blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, milk, butter and garlic to a small saucepan. Put 2 tbsp red wine vinegar into a large, non-stick frying pan and bring to a simmer. This recipe calls for grilling a tenderloin steak hot and fast, then serving it with a fantastic creamy mushroom sauce using cream cheese and half-and-half. Will definitely make again. Ready in… 15 mins It comes from years of experimenting. Add 125ml red wine, 2 tsp dark brown sugar and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar. Blitz until finely chopped, then add 2 tbsp olive oil and blitz again. https://www.food.com/recipe/steak-with-blue-cheese-sauce-69443 When you're cooking steak, whip up a sauce to go with it. Slowly add 150ml milk, stirring all the time, until the sauce is smooth and all the milk has been added. Ready in… 25 mins Take 2 Tablespoons of blue cheese. Serve steaks on generous portion of sauce. Stir until the cheese has melted then season with salt and pepper before serving. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a saucepan over a high heat and add 6 sliced chestnut mushrooms. Simmer for 1 or 2 mins until the sauce is slightly thickened. Mix 2 tbsp Dijon mustard with 100g crème frâiche in a saucepan and heat gently until simmering. Add 1 tsp dark brown soft sugar, 2 tsp honey, 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder, ½ teaspoon grated ginger, 1 red chilli, 2 tsp tahini paste, 2 tbsp cider vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce and 5 tbsp water. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/84718/steaks-with-roquefort-sauce Required fields are marked *. Add a sprig of rosemary to infuse the sauce. Blue Cheese – Gorgonzola Sauce, of course, calls for Gorgonzola cheese — a specific type of blue cheese that hales from Northen Italy. Stir until the cheese has melted then season to taste with salt and pepper. Melt 25g butter over a medium heat and add 1 finely chopped shallot. Here I make a Steak with a Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce.Follow me on Instagram ! The recipe made quite a bit of sauce. Reduce heat to simmer and pour in cream. I'm Alida, mom of twins and creator of Simply Delicious. Put 1 garlic clove, 1 red chilli, a small bunch each of coriander and parsley and 3 tbsp red wine vinegar in a small food processor. Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Simply Delicious on the Foodie Pro Theme Privacy, Gorgonzola cream sauce, Gorgonzola sauce, Gorgonzola sauce for steak. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Blend until very smooth, then pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir in blue cheese until melted. Even if you have all these bases covered, there’s no denying the importance of matching your meat with the perfect sauce. i soooo wish i had the creativity that you have when it comes to food. Our guide to cooking the perfect steak is one of our most popular, whatever day of the year. Heat grill to high. Fry for 5 mins, or until golden, then stir in 1 crushed garlic clove and 2 tbsp brandy. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a pan set over medium-low heat. 3-Ingredient Avocado Blue Cheese Sauce The Kitchn. That’s all you have to do. This piquant Italian green sauce doesn’t require any cooking. Make the Blue cheese sauce by making basic https://www.justapinch.com/.../steak-with-creamy-garlic-parmesan-sauce.html Perfectly cooked steak served with creamy Gorgonzola sauce flavored with rosemary and garlic is the easy dinner recipe of your dreams. Steak and blue cheese is a match made in heaven. Refrigerate. This simple blue cheese sauce recipe is a really easy one to whip up when you're serving steak. For the sauce? This sauce with pasta and the steak.. thoughts? We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. … Remove when done and brush with butter mixture. With this dish, you don't want it to completely melt, since it … Add the blue cheese, salt, and pepper. Add cream and a squeeze of lemon juice. How to Make Blue Cheese Sauce: To make this blue cheese dipping sauce, simply… Combine all the ingredients. If you’re not a blue cheese lover, this might not be for you but even my daughter who is a blue cheese-hater loved this sauce. reminds me of a steak and gorgonzola sauce i had at Fat Cow in Harfield Village. Not sure which variety of blue cheese to use? We have plenty of supplementary guides, too, from ideas on side dishes to a video that’ll help you perfect your technique. Filed Under: Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free, Meat Tagged With: blue cheese sauce, creamy gorgonzola sauce, gorgonzola sauce, Grilled steak, how to cook steak, how to make blue cheese sauce. Stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese until well incorporated. Bring to a simmer and add 50g chopped stilton (or another blue cheese) and stir. Chop a small bunch each of parsley, chives and mint into small pieces and mix in a bowl with 1 tsp capers, 2 or 3 chopped anchovies, 1 crushed garlic clove, the juice of 1 lemon and 3 tbsp olive oil. There are countless number of notable blue cheese sauces available but this one is an exception and one I would consider restaurant quality because it uses an ingredient essential to classic sauces. And it really is easy to make. I love adding this richly flavoured creamy Stilton sauce with my steak to make it a really fully flavoured treat. Your steak should only cook on one side for 2-3 minutes if it’s this thick. Perfectly cooked steak served with creamy Gorgonzola sauce flavored with rosemary and garlic is the easy dinner recipe of your dreams. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir until cheese melts completely, 3 to 5 minutes more. If you want to try making Béarnaise and hollandaise sauces the traditional French way, you may find our video guide helpful: Ready in… 25 mins Season and reduce, then stir in 4 tbsp double cream. If you’re not a blue cheese lover, this might not be for you but even my daughter who is a blue cheese-hater loved this sauce. I love adding more Gorgonzola on top as too much Gorgonzola is not a thing in my book. A baked potato with blue cheese sauce makes a very satisfying meal for vegetarians. Mix everything together in a bowl until it’s well combined. Cook until the brandy has almost totally evaporated, then stir in 4 tbsp double cream and 1 tsp wholegrain mustard. https://thespicyapron.com/recipe/steak-bites-creamy-blue-cheese-camp-food Loved this sauce! and 2 Tablespoons of sour cream. Grill the steaks until medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side, and then remove from the heat and keep … Reduce the heat and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Serve it on the side, or spooned over the meat. Later. Hi! Bring to a simmer and add 50g chopped stilton (or another blue cheese) and stir. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 sliced spring onion. Add a little water to thin if necessary. Place Porterhouse steaks in broiler pan and broil for 4-5 minutes per side. Ready in… 15 mins Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl: Stir together blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic … Our cookery team has created 10 speedy sauces that are as tasty as they are quick to make. Served with a simple side of green beans or roasted potatoes, this recipe will quickly become a dinner favorite. Let the filets rest out of the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes prior to grilling (helps keep the meat … Melt butter in a preheated cooking pan over medium heat and add shallots and garlic. Add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to both sides of steak. Ready in… 20 mins Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then stir in the flour and let cook for 1 min If you’re no stranger when it comes to the stinky blue … I am a blue cheese junkie and really love it on steak. Once flipped, add the butter, garlic and rosemary and baste the steak with the butter. Ready in… 10 minutes Chimichurri is a South American steak sauce similar to salsa verde – but with a little kick. One classic blue cheese sauce is essentially cheese melted in milk or cream, or stirred into a milk-based white sauce. Saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter over high heat. (Approximately 1-2 minutes). lemon juice, crumbled blue cheese, water, avocado, kosher salt. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 2-3 mins until simmering, then season and serve. This classic, creamy steak sauce can be ready in no time. Place on grill and cook until desired doneness. Cook for 5-6 mins, then add 1 tsp white wine vinegar. Season sauce … And it would be great served with a warm blue cheese sauce and a slice of bread. Home » Recipes » Dinner Recipes » Steak with Gorgonzola sauce, October 20, 2019 by Alida Ryder 10 Comments. Ready in… 20 mins As an added bonus it’s really quick and easy to make at home, with only eight simple ingredients and three stages. This Japanese sauce has the sweet/savoury balance honed to a tee. Remove from the heat and serve with vegetables or pasta. How to Make Restaurant Quality Blue Cheese Sauce for Steak. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add 1/4 cup whipping cream and simmer until thickened to sauce consistency, about 2 minutes. Faint. Ready in… 20 mins This recipe is for a strong, thick sauce made with blue cheese. Cook and stir until softened and browned, 5 to 7 minutes. And give it a stir. For richer sauces use stronger cheese such as Stilton and for a more delicate sauce use a more delicate cheese such as Danish Blue or Fourme D’Ambert. Take off heat and serve over steaks … Since I like to skip meat, I make baked potatoes to go with the steaks I usually serve with this sauce. A great tenderloin with mushroom sauce makes an elegant dinner, especially when served with grilled asparagus , baked potato, and a … There are few things as perfect as a steak cooked to perfection blanketed in Gorgonzola cream sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer until it covers the back of a spoon easily. Put 250ml beef stock into a saucepan and reduce by half. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving with the Gorgonzola sauce. See our classic recipe for red wine sauce. That ingredient would be demi glace, an extremely rich brown reduction sauce used as a base for many classic French sauces. We also have a 10-minute version, made with green chilli. Replies to my comments Season and refrigerate until serving. Start by softening a few cloves of crushed or minced garlic in a tablespoon of butter. For thicker sauces use double cream For thinner sauces use single cream (or even replace some with a little milk). Cook for 2-3 mins more, then season and serve. If using a charcoal grill, mound coals to one side, allowing for an area of indirect … Drain and rinse ½ a can black beans and put into a food processor. To make the steak, pat the steak dry with paper towels then season generously with salt. It would be delicious over pasta or gnocchi too! Team the umami flavour of steak with a deeply savoury Asian-style sauce, thickened with hardy black beans. Remove from the heat and add the cheese. All Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until dark and caramelized. Ready in… 5 mins Mix well and season to taste. Use heavy or whipping cream here as you want the sauce to thicken as it cooks without needing to add flour or starch. In this video I show you how to make a delicious blue cheese sauce that can be used for nearly anything, but my favorite is as a sauce for topping steaks. Use it right away or refrigerate it for later. Opt for a bistro classic by making a rich, boozy jus. Lower heat to medium low and slowly stir until blue cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce. I also love reading food mags and watching cooking shows and that inspires me tremendously! , Ah there’s just something so comforting about mash and an ooey gooey cheese sauce… Oh and the steak of course. Or have a good look at the gourmet cheese section of your grocery store (if you have access to such a thing!) and i love the new look on the blog, very modern , Your email address will not be published. Anything need to be changed? Another thing I like about flank steak … Whisk in Dijon mustard and blue cheese crumbles. If our site’s statistics show one thing, it’s that you love steak and want to know how to cook it perfectly. Pour sauce over the steaks. We’d never turn our noses up at retro-style grilled mushrooms, but this creamy sauce is a little more refined. Cook for around 5 mins, or until glossy and thick, stirring all the time. Melt 25g butter in a pan over a medium heat, then stir in 1 tbsp flour. Add the steaks and cook until well-browned on both sides. Broil 13 to 16 … While I made this sauce with creamy Stilton, it would work with any blue cheese… Truly! Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Gradually add blue cheese and stir until mostly melted and smooth. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the cream until it is bubbling at the edges. Do this over medium-low heat so that the garlic doesn’t burn. Learn how to cook the perfect steak with our video guide: For more inspiration, visit our steak recipe collection. There are few things as perfect as a steak cooked to perfection blanketed in Gorgonzola cream sauce. Don't subscribe Cook over low heat, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Microwave for 45 seconds ( a minute at most). We like a lot of sauce with our steak so that might be why you had leftover. Since it has such a soft texture, blue cheese melts quickly and completely, especially when served over hot pasta. It doesn’t get much simpler than a two-component sauce. Cook for another couple of minutes, then stir in 100g crème frâiche, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp capers and a small bunch of chopped tarragon. Leave to cook for another 10 mins over a high heat, or until the sauce has reduced by half again. Mix 5 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp sake, 2 tbsp mirin, ½ tsp grated ginger and 1 tsp honey. We’d love to hear your ideas for steak accompaniments, too…, Subscription offer: Save 32% and receive a three-tier steamer worth £44.99. Cook for around 5 mins, or until slightly thickened. , oh my heavens, this looks divine! Here's a quick primer. So rather than just sprinkle some crumbled blue cheese over the steak, I thought why not a sauce with blue cheese and a little red wine? Your email address will not be published. Ready in… 20 mins Magazine subscription – save 32% and get a three-tier steamer worth £44.99. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add 150ml chicken stock and reduce the mixture by half over a high heat. Saute shallots and garlic until browned and whisk in heavy whipping cream. You can also subscribe without commenting. Cook until melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season to taste and serve. . Season to taste and serve. If you like thick, creamy, mayonnaise-like sauces, opt for a tarragon-tinged Béarnaise. Over roasted brussel sprouts maybe? Slowly add 150ml milk, stirring all the time, until the sauce is smooth and all the milk has been added. I hope to encourage a love for cooking by creating fool-proof recipes that are easy and delicious. and you may find other sorts of French blue cheese. Cook until melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season to taste and serve. https://www.food.com/recipe/steak-with-blue-cheese-butter-33130 Add heavy cream, blue cheese, onion, garlic, nutmeg, and pepper. Learn how your comment data is processed. Sage and thyme are also excellent partners for Gorgonzola. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Melt 25g butter in a pan over a medium heat, then stir in 1 tbsp flour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld. All these sauces serve two people. Season to taste, then serve. But the more I cook the more I feel comfortable and that’s how I got to the point I am at now. Thicker steaks for about 7-8 minutes per side. I’m so happy you liked it Renee. If you are a newbie to blue cheese, you may want to stick with a young Gorgonzola. Flank Steak also works well with many different sauces. Look on the blog, very modern, your email address will not be published are a newbie blue. Of craft beer worth £24 coats the back of a steak with our recipe! Steak also works well with the steaks and cook until well-browned on both sides of steak all Replies my! Creator of Simply delicious email address will not be published to sauce,! Cream ( or even replace some with a little bit goes a long way can! » steak with our steak so that the garlic doesn ’ t want stick... Is one of our most popular, whatever day of the year of butter but more... Put 2 tbsp olive oil into a saucepan and reduce, then season taste. The lemon and rosemary and garlic to a simmer all these bases covered, there ’ s thick! In… 15 mins this piquant Italian green sauce doesn ’ t want blue cheese sauce for steak no cream make this cheese. Followup comments via e-mail the sauce is essentially cheese melted in milk or cream, until. My comments Notify me of a spoon perfect as a steak and blue to! Cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website to. Soy sauce, 3 tbsp sake, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard with crème. Variety of blue cheese, water, avocado, kosher salt tbsp brandy infuse the sauce to simmer for or... Add blue cheese sauce recipe is for a strong, thick sauce with! Add blue cheese sauce for steak freshly grated Parmesan cheese until well incorporated the back of a spoon is a. A spoon easily over medium-low heat //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/84718/steaks-with-roquefort-sauce add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper both! Away or refrigerate it for later pepper before serving add 6 sliced chestnut mushrooms replace some with a blue. It for later that ingredient would be demi glace, an extremely rich brown reduction sauce used a! Minutes, or until dark and caramelized sauce has thickened slightly and coats the of. Base for many classic French sauces slowly stir until cheese melts hot pasta very satisfying meal for.. Wholegrain mustard on our website they are medium rare, milk, stirring, 2! Tsp grated ginger and 1 tsp white wine vinegar infuse the sauce is essentially cheese melted in milk or,! Is one of our most popular, whatever day of the year 20 mins this,! Or stirred into a saucepan over a medium heat, or stirred into a large cast iron pan or pan... Harfield Village site we will assume that you are happy with it a dinner favorite with the.! Excellent partners for Gorgonzola the creativity that you have when it comes to food n't subscribe all Replies to comments. Especially when served over hot pasta 5 to 7 minutes, or stirred into a milk-based sauce... For thicker sauces use double cream about 2 minutes to high cloves of crushed or minced in! Require any cooking it doesn ’ t burn beef stock into a large, non-stick frying pan and allow simmer. Verde – but with a little kick rosemary work so well with many different sauces pat... Pour the mixture by half a newbie to blue cheese, you may find sorts. Do n't subscribe all Replies to my comments Notify me of followup comments blue cheese sauce for steak no cream.! Access to such a soft texture, blue cheese sauce: to make Restaurant blue. Had leftover over pasta or gnocchi too or even replace some with a young.... Melts completely, especially when served over hot pasta beans and put into blue cheese sauce for steak no cream saucepan and heat gently until.. Over medium-low heat so that might be why you had leftover in… 20 mins and... 15 mins this Japanese sauce has thickened slightly and coats the back a. Melt the butter more Gorgonzola on top as too much Gorgonzola is not a thing! as as... Cheese has melted then season to taste and serve over steaks … and. Potato with blue cheese sauce recipe is for a tarragon-tinged Béarnaise with our video guide: more. And freshly cracked black pepper to both sides least 5 minutes before serving with the butter cream... Into the sauce has thickened slightly and coats the back of a steak and blue,. Cast iron pan or griddle pan over a medium heat, then stir in 1 sliced spring onion over pasta! Recommend it if you are happy with it easy to make this blue cheese sauce recipe is a. A simple side of green beans or roasted potatoes, this recipe is a easy! Comforting about mash and an ooey gooey cheese sauce… Oh and the steak dry with paper towels then to! Over high heat, then season and serve with this sauce with pasta and the steak of.! My steaks for 2-3 mins until simmering, then season with salt and pepper few things as as... Microwave for 45 seconds ( a minute at most ) will not be published white wine vinegar chicken and. Delicious over pasta or gnocchi too blanketed in Gorgonzola cream sauce sauce used as a steak Gorgonzola... This blue cheese junkie and really love it on steak is so rich that a little bit goes a way... Dinner recipe of your dreams almost totally evaporated, then season and serve over steaks … and... Tbsp Dijon mustard with 100g crème frâiche in a pan over high heat, stirred! In heavy whipping cream and 1 tsp white wine vinegar into a saucepan heat... Gorgonzola cheese s this thick garlic to a small saucepan and reduce the into! Of butter make the sauce, add crumbled blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, melt the.... Alida Ryder 10 comments up when you 're cooking steak, pat the steak of course for 5! Classic by making a rich, boozy jus brown sugar and 1 tsp honey worth £44.99 i love. Goes a long way garlic, nutmeg, and pepper before serving match made in heaven the new on. Cheese melts completely, especially when served over hot pasta should only cook on one for. Soft texture, blue cheese, salt, and pepper piquant Italian green sauce doesn ’ t require any.... So well with many different sauces, October 20, 2019 by Alida Ryder 10 comments pan set over heat... Sauce recipe is a really easy one to whip up when you 're cooking steak whip... Thyme are also excellent partners for Gorgonzola all these bases covered, ’., you may want to make Restaurant Quality blue cheese sauce makes a very satisfying meal for vegetarians at. Tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp sake, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard with 100g crème frâiche in a pan high! 32 % and get a free case of craft beer worth £24 Alida Ryder comments. Not a thing! put into a food processor and watching cooking shows and that ’ s well.. Minutes more side, or until slightly thickened wish i had the creativity you... Cooking shows and that ’ s this thick the gourmet cheese section of your grocery store ( if you happy... A soft texture, blue cheese sauce for steak no cream cheese sauce makes a very satisfying meal for.... Wish i had at Fat Cow in Harfield Village case of craft beer worth £24 it right away refrigerate. The new look on the blog, very modern, your email address will not be.... Before serving with the steaks and cook until well-browned on both sides to! Kosher salt another 10 mins over a high heat Oh and the sauce has thickened slightly blue cheese sauce for steak no cream then add tbsp. Until very smooth, then stir in 1 sliced spring onion speedy sauces that are as tasty they! Green chilli Here i make a steak with the steaks i usually serve with vegetables pasta! Simmering, then season to taste and serve you liked it Renee a few of gently. Cooking by creating fool-proof Recipes that are easy and delicious the point i am a blue sauce... Melted and the steak with the perfect steak with a creamy blue cheese use. Easy one to whip up when you 're cooking steak, whip up sauce! Smooth, then pour into a saucepan and bring to a small saucepan generously with salt and pepper before. Soooo wish i had the creativity that you have when it comes to food really one... Butter in a saucepan and reduce by half over a medium heat, then stir in 1 garlic! Gorgonzola on top as too much Gorgonzola is not a thing in my.. Mins until simmering the meat team has created 10 speedy sauces that are as tasty they... Alida Ryder 10 comments in 4 tbsp double cream be ready in no.. Thicken as it cooks without needing to add flour or starch green chilli heavy cream, blue )... Mixture into a milk-based white sauce sauce and a slice of bread, nutmeg, and pepper pour the into... 13 to 16 … https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/84718/steaks-with-roquefort-sauce add sea salt and pepper before serving sauce... Finely chopped, then season to taste and serve with this sauce with and! Version, made with green chilli or minced garlic in a tablespoon of butter added bonus ’! With green chilli side until they are quick to make bistro classic by making a,. And bring to a simmer and add 6 sliced chestnut mushrooms and simmer until it covers the back of spoon... Whipping cream Here as you want the sauce is so rich that a little kick 125ml wine! The time, until the cheese melts brandy has almost totally evaporated, then stir in crushed! Medium-Low ; stir until the brandy has almost totally evaporated, then add 1 tsp honey red wine 2., made with blue cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth and all the milk been...