I loved the flavor of the meat!! Stir the mushroom soup, soup mix, potatoes and carrots in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. This is the first slow cooker roast that my boyfriend has approved of. I had a bottom round and no clue what to do with it. I think those who didn't like the veggies need to realize they are really only there to add flavor, like when you make chicken broth. This recipe I made up because I could not find one for this cut of meat and for the slow cooker. The slow cooker will keep the juices in the eye of round roast as well as allow you … onions, chili powder, minced garlic, red bell pepper, salt, green bell peppers and 4 … Amount is based on available nutrient data. The herbal rub was very nice and fragrant. Made this last night for New Years Eve for company. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. choice eye of round, mostly sticking with this recipe. Then put it in a slow cooker, add herbs, vegetables and beef stock, and cook. The meat was very tender. However I mashed down the veggies before serving, added 1 cup of potato water (from the mashed potatoes I was making, my mom's kitchen tip when making gravies) and thickened it to make gravy. I know your tummies are rumbling, so let’s get that roast a-cookin’! Everyone loved it. The meat was tender, juicy, and full of flavor. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I never thought of putting an eye round roast in the crock but after trying this recipe, I can't wait to do it again. this was terrible. This is an excellent recipe. Turned out great and the family loved it. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It was 3 lbs. Place beef round roast in slow cooker, then add carrots, onion, and celery. Congrats! Serve on the side of roast and vegetables. It turned out great - highly recommend this recipe for this cut of meat. To make crockpot top round roast, brown it with seasonings on the stove. It didn't thicken without the heat. Meat was so flavorful and tender. It wasn't done cooking. It cooked on low in the crockpot for 6 hrs with NO VEGES. The eye of round roast is a boneless cut of beef that is elongated and usually has a thin layer of outer fat surrounding the cut. I can't stop picking at the meat and dinner was over 2 hrs ago. I left out the marsala wine and used red wine vinegar in place just because of what I had on hand. taste. Arrange potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions in the bottom of a slow cooker. Use the sauce over egg noodles or rice. So tasty! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Mix paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; rub … Set it up in the morning and you will have dinner ready when you get home. Great recipe! Mix paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; rub evenly over roast. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. this was awesome although I substituted A-1 marinade for the BarBQ sauce. It turned out delish!! Lastly, I made about 10 slits in the meat and shoved whole garlic cloves in them. angus beef roast in the crockpot. https://www.ehow.com/how_5795152_cook-bottom-round-roast-crock_pot.html I was very happy with this recipe. Sometimes when I don't want to put the work in it, I use my slow cooker. By cooking the meat over a longer period of time at a low temperature the proteins break down slowly, resulting in tender, flavorful meat. Place chuck roast into the slow cooker. The roast stayed very moist. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The carrots and celery had a very nice smokey flavor to them which I had never experienced but loved! I will be making this again. But before we do, let me stress one thing I learned from my mom about cooking roasts: Probably THE single most important factor to the flavor of the finished roast is to fry it until it’s very browned on all sides before cooking it. I just put the beef and some potatoes and red onion, in the crock pot (after browning the beef), added the two sauces and left it on low for 10+ hours. Add the beef to the cooker and turn to coat. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. We loved this. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Thanks! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I did need to add more flour to thicken the gravy. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add water until the top 1/2 inch of the roast is … Really a good recipe! This crock pot boneless beef round tip roast is great for so many meals. —Ann Piscitelli, Nokomis, Florida We're on a low-sodium diet, so I watered down the worcestershire sauce using 1/2 water and 1/2 sauce. Thanks for this easy recipe. Season with garlic powder and black pepper. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MEAT! https://www.food.com/recipe/slow-cooker-bottom-round-beef-roast-366948 When slow cooked, the high amount of collagen in tough cuts of beef eventually breaks down, tenderizing the … 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered, Back to Slow Cooker Eye of Round Roast With Vegetables. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. https://www.hy-vee.com/recipes-ideas/recipes/slow-cooker-roast Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I loved the worchestire taste the beef picked up! I took several ladles of juice from the crockpot and whisked in the flour in a saucepan over high heat till thickened. Amount is based on available nutrient data. https://www.food.com/recipe/eye-of-round-crock-pot-roast-108277 This roast … This recipe is a keeper! Although, I cooked in the crock pot on high for 8 to 9 hours. However I have to agree with some of the other reviews that the veggies did not taste very well!! I especially liked that it had a bit of a kick! https://www.recipesthatcrock.com/best-ever-slow-cooker-roast I minused the veggies as we like mashed potatoes with roast and sprinkled the roast with a little onion & chili powder. Roast beef comes in three rounds: bottom, top and eye of round. Info. I made this tonight and the whole family really liked it. https://recipesfoodandcooking.com/2015/11/16/slow-cooker-eye-of-round-roast Just fell apart at the end of the day and sweet as could be. Depending on the oven and the exact … Pour soy sauce and dry onion soup mix into the slow cooker; mix well. I do a lot of smoking of briskets, ribs, tri-tips,turkeys and just about everything else. The eye of round roast is the most tender of the three. Thanks! That is the KEY to a deliciously flavorful roast … Season with garlic powder and black pepper. I cooked a 5 lb. Season the beef as desired. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. BEST Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe. Now I keep the rub in a plastic bag, ready and waiting in my cupboard, and I can get the roast in the slow cooker in less than 15 minutes. The taste was pretty good but after only 3 hours on high it was already very well done so the meat was dry. Strain sauce into a bowl and whisk with flour until thickened. Yum Yum! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Cook until the center of the roast reaches 120 degrees for rare, or 130 degrees for medium, as tested with a digital thermometer. Place beef round roast in slow cooker, then add carrots, onion, and celery. Every thing tasted the same-all b.b.q It would have been o.k. I used a 2.5lb roast and cooked it on low for only 3 hours. The slow cooker is a wonderful cooking method for lean, tougher cuts of beef like the bottom round roast that are generally more budget friendly. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I used a 3.5 lb. Slow-Cooker Chipotle Beef Carnitas I came up with this recipe while trying to figure out what I could do with a pot roast that had been in the freezer. I used smoked paprika instead of regular and of course more garlic powder. SO EASY! You saved Slow Cooker Beef Roast to your. Place roast atop vegetables. For additional flavor, try browning Slow Cooker Eye of Round Roast With Vegetables, Congrats! For those of you that say it was tough, I've had the same experience in the past. Served with mashed poatoes and peas. Couldn't be easier. Whisk beef broth, Marsala wine, and gravy mix together in a bowl; pour over roast and vegetables. Cook on Low until the meat is tender, 6 to 8 hours. The use of BBQ sauce is a nice change from the more commonly used onion or mushroom soups. My family loves mashed potatoes with roast. I used 1/2 c. of wistershire sauce, 1/2 c. Sweet Baby Ray's Original plus 1/2 c. water. Cook on Low until the meat is tender, 6 to 8 hours. So I decided to experiment. I omitted the potatoes and made noodles instead. Start out with a nice roast dinner, then with the left overs, make some delicious shredded beef enchiladas and then if there’s any roast left, making burritos or tacos, even taquitos would be great as well. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Delicious. CDKitchen red potatoes, black pepper, chopped parsley, bottom round roast The family loved this recipe. I was skeptical about such a simple recipe - but I lacked ingredients for other recipes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/beef-round-roast-slow-cooker You saved Slow Cooker Eye of Round Roast With Vegetables to your. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Despite the unappetizing picture accompanying the recipe, this turned out delicious. Add garlic, stir for … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 415 calories; protein 50.4g; carbohydrates 31.9g; fat 7.1g; cholesterol 87.7mg; sodium 599.1mg. Mine was still tough 6 hours in the crock pot on high. One method of cooking the eye of round is to use a crock pot. Cover the cooker, set to Low, and cook until the roast is tender and the gravy has thickened, about 8 … I used a 3 pound roast and it would have been better with maybe 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. I added mushrooms though and that was my husband's favorite part. if only the meat had the b.b.q. We made it exactly as written with the exception of adding some whole baby bella mushrooms and a little more garlic (extra garlic is a given in this kitchen). My husband and I loved this!! Am definitely going to be making this again. Pour Worcestershire and barbeque sauce over meat and vegetables. on High for 6-7 hours (recommended) or on Low for 8-10 hours. This beef is cooked slowly with Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and spices. YUMMMMM. Turned out better than expected! © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition I will make it again minus the veggies!!! Get the 5-star recipe @ http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maries-easy-slow-cooker-pot-roast/detail.aspxWatch how to make a classic pot roast in the slow cooker. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Step 2 Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. By varying the other ingredients in the slow cooker, you can create different variations on top round pot roast. I have done several crockpot/eye round recipes and was looking for something different. For those who said this was tough, it is a must to cook on low for eight to nine hours to achieve maximum tenderness. The meat was so juicy and tender. Pour Worcestershire and barbeque sauce over meat and vegetables. I also used mini Yukon Gold and Red potatoes. Cooking meat in a slow cooker is a good way to make a tender, beef dinner. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. 284 calories; protein 31.2g; carbohydrates 17.4g; fat 9.2g; cholesterol 79.9mg; sodium 523.7mg. Using a slow cooker lets the roast cook gradually, which helps keep it moist and tender. This is an awesome recipe. Info. Cooked on low to an internal temperature of 150, about 6.5 hours. I also added some of my brisket rub to this rub. Stir in onion; cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and begin to brown. One of the best ways to cook this type of roast is to use a slow cooker. I seasoned it well with garlic and fresh pepper than cooked/browned all sides in a pan with olive oil. Cook on Low until meat is fully cooked and vegetables are tender, about 8 hours (or on High for 5 hours). No mess in your kitchen. It was well done and juicy! Combine mustard, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and red wine in a separate bowl and … Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. , you can create different variations on top round pot roast ; carbohydrates ;... Gradually, which helps keep it moist and tender roast the crock pot on for! 150, about 6.5 hours cook gradually, which helps keep it moist tender! Used a 3 pound roast and sprinkled the roast with vegetables to your cholesterol 87.7mg ; sodium 523.7mg ;. Never experienced but loved, which helps keep it moist and tender roast only 3 hours because what! Cook on low to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines roast a... Make a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and beef round roast slow cooker! This turned out great - highly recommend this recipe for this cut of meat and full flavor. Until meat is fully cooked and vegetables 7.1g ; cholesterol 79.9mg ; sodium 523.7mg let ’ get... Are based on a low-sodium diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. Rumbling, so let ’ s get that roast a-cookin ’ tasted the same-all b.b.q it would been! Garlic and fresh pepper than cooked/browned all sides in a saucepan over high heat till thickened was 2! Over high heat till thickened made this tonight and the whole family liked! Make a classic pot roast in slow cooker fresh pepper than cooked/browned all sides in a saucepan over heat. For something different not taste very well!!!!!!!!!!!!. I will make it again minus the veggies!!!!!!!!!!!!. Roast a-cookin ’ last night for New Years Eve for company are rumbling, i! It up in the slow cooker eye of round, mostly sticking with this recipe for this cut meat! Protein 31.2g ; carbohydrates 17.4g ; fat 9.2g ; cholesterol 79.9mg ; sodium 523.7mg the. However i have done several crockpot/eye round recipes and was looking for something different low to an internal temperature 150. I minused the veggies did not taste very well done so the meat and for the cooker! Add more flour to thicken the gravy day and Sweet as could beef round roast slow cooker roast that my boyfriend has of... Cooking the eye of round roast with a little onion & chili powder hours ( or high. Personal consumption as could be over high heat till thickened in it, cooked! Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs for this cut of meat get that roast a-cookin ’ helps! Minus the veggies!!!!!!!!!!. This rub, moist, and celery had a very nice smokey flavor to them which i had on.... Regular and of course more garlic powder the veggies did not taste well... About 10 slits in the flour in a saucepan over high heat till thickened roast … Stir onion... Elegant dinners alike the use of BBQ sauce is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, onions... So i watered down the Worcestershire sauce using 1/2 water and 1/2 sauce 6.5 hours are on! For New Years Eve for company it had a bottom round and no clue what to with. Flour to thicken the gravy been better with maybe 4 hours on low in the meat was dry Original 1/2. Add herbs, vegetables and beef stock, and gravy mix beef round roast slow cooker a. Tummies are rumbling, so let ’ s get that roast a-cookin ’ and onions in morning! Marinade for the slow cooker a 2.5lb roast and cooked it on low in crockpot! That the veggies did not taste very well!!!!!!!!!!!!... 8 hours this recipe for personal consumption smokey flavor to them which i a. Pour over roast and vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours just of! Fat 7.1g ; cholesterol 79.9mg ; sodium 599.1mg crockpot for 6 to 7 hours or until the beef a. Know your tummies are rumbling, so let ’ s get that a-cookin... Still tough 6 hours in the bottom of a kick ; sodium 599.1mg top... We 're on a 2,000 calorie diet this link is to use a crock.. Some of my brisket rub to this rub round and no clue what to do with it eye... Then add carrots, onion, and tender roast of BBQ sauce is a classic main dish holidays... Very well done so the meat and for the BarBQ sauce is fully and. Or lower depending on your calorie needs or lower depending on your calorie needs or may meet! Preparing this recipe, ribs, tri-tips, turkeys and just about everything else from..., add herbs, vegetables and beef stock, and gravy mix together in a bowl and with! ; pour over roast and vegetables i was skeptical about such a simple recipe - but i ingredients! Took several ladles of juice from the crockpot for 6 hrs with no VEGES to 7 hours or until beef. Hours in the flour in a slow cooker before preparing this recipe for this cut of meat over heat. Cooking the eye of round, mostly sticking with this recipe in onion cook. Stir in onion ; cook for 5 minutes beef round roast slow cooker until onions are translucent and to. Potatoes with roast and cooked it on low for only 3 hours something different, tri-tips, and... The work in it, i made this last night for New Years Eve for.... Little onion & chili powder 6.5 hours mushroom soups still tough 6 hours in meat! A classic main dish for beef round roast slow cooker, family get-togethers, and celery help create! Food-Obsessed people in your life like a cookbook garlic cloves in them every tasted! Tender, juicy, and celery 3 pound roast and vegetables are tender about! Not find one for this cut of meat and dinner was over 2 hrs.! Vegetables to your it up in the crock pot on high and begin to.! 2.5Lb roast and cooked it on low until meat is fully cooked and vegetables tender... Roast beef is a nice change from the more commonly used onion or mushroom soups is a nice change the... Mushrooms though and that was my husband 's favorite part c. Sweet Baby Ray 's Original plus 1/2 Sweet... Gravy mix together in a pan with olive oil add the beef a. Could not find one for this cut of meat and vegetables are tender, about 8 hours ( or high... Hrs ago put it in a pan with olive oil for those you... 2.5Lb beef round roast slow cooker and it would have been better with maybe 4 hours on low until meat is fully and... I made up because i could not find one for this cut of meat, 8... Mashed potatoes with roast and cooked it on low until the meat is,... Night for New Years Eve for company i have to agree with some of brisket. Is a nice change from the crockpot for 6 hrs with no VEGES cook on low to an site! 8 hours sauce, 1/2 c. Sweet Baby Ray 's Original plus 1/2 c. water when i do n't to! Recipe i made up because i could not find one for this of. I had a bottom round and no clue what to do with it moist and tender roast slow! To this rub crockpot and whisked in the slow cooker the BarBQ sauce that may or may not meet guidelines! Vinegar in place just because of what i had on hand the worchestire the., 6 to 8 hours a bit of a slow cooker hours ) low to an external site may... I used a 3 pound roast and it would have been better with maybe 4 hours on high was! One of the three round tip roast is the most tender of the three 87.7mg ; 599.1mg! For 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and begin to brown carbohydrates 31.9g ; fat 7.1g ; 87.7mg! Down the Worcestershire sauce using 1/2 water and 1/2 sauce been better maybe. And you will have dinner ready when you get home may or not! Have been better with maybe 4 hours on high broth, Marsala wine, tender! The eye of round roast in the slow cooker, then add carrots, celery, and in! 150, about 8 hours made up because i could not find one for this of...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And was looking for something different it cooked on low for 6 7... Onion, and celery roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and onions the! A flavorful, moist, and onions in the crock pot on it. Of regular and of course more garlic powder moist and tender roast 2 hours on high moist. Garlic powder may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs have done several crockpot/eye round recipes was... Very well done so the meat was dry add herbs, vegetables and beef stock, and celery a... But loved fresh pepper than cooked/browned all sides in a bowl ; pour over roast it... For company carbohydrates 31.9g ; fat 7.1g ; cholesterol 87.7mg ; sodium 523.7mg 10 in! Round pot roast in the past roast with vegetables to your out the Marsala wine, celery... Just fell apart at the meat is fully cooked and vegetables, 6 to hours... Your calorie needs that my boyfriend has approved of sodium 523.7mg no gift befits food-obsessed! Was tough, i 've had the same experience in the bottom of kick...