My Favorites Cart (0 items) My Account . Amethyst Falls is considered an early flowering wisteria. Can Wisteria Be Grown in Planters?. The first difference between today’s competitors is that the Blue Moon variety belongs to Wisteria macrostachya. You won't have to do a thing to keep your Amethyst Falls Wisteria looking gorgeous. The leaves of all wisteria are arranged oddly on long drooping branches. Almost everyone remembers the spring scent of lilac, which reminds him of childhood. However, the intense smell is not always good. When: Late spring. ‘Amethyst Falls’, the most common cultivar available, features fragrant, lavender-blue flowers. ‘Amethyst Falls’ wisteria is an introduction from Head Ornamentals, Inc. A host plant for the Marine Blue butterfly, Silver-spotted shipper, and Long-tailed shipper. People describe this smell in different ways, some call it sweet, but one thing is for sure that you will enjoy not only the view but also the scent of this variety. They're grown easily and are virtually carefree. Wisteria Plant Amethyst Falls Wisteria For Sale | The Tree Center™ . ‘Nivea’ is less fragrant but has longer clusters of white blooms. The narrow pinnately compound leaves turn yellow in fall. So the overall look is not as spectacular as the competitor.eval(ez_write_tag([[728,90],'worldofgardenplants_com-leader-1','ezslot_9',112,'0','0'])); Although the flowers of Blue Moon look richer, for some, it can be a disadvantage. Other Wisterias take up to 5 years to bloom! Wisteria frutescens ’Amethyst Falls’, amerikanskt blåregn, ametistblå blommor, zon 1-3(4) Wisteria macrostachya, från Kentucky, USA. Exciting native species improved to dependably bloom up to three times in a single growing season. This fine American Wisteria offers multitudes of corpulent dangling racemes in fetching violet purple. I just wanted to report -- though it is only indirectly related to Molineux's question -- that yesterday I went to the Philadelphia flower show and the most fragrant thing there was somebody's Chinese white wisteria grown as a standard in a container. That is why this variety is recommended to grow from 5 to 9 zones. Wisteria macrostachya 'Summer Cascade' Kentucky Wisteria. Spectacular Blue Moon Wisteria Vine Plant 1-2' Tall Potted Plant Fragrant Flowers Attracts Hummingbirds 2-3 Year Old Plants, in dormancy 3.6 out of 5 stars 237 $26.75 $ 26. Amethyst Falls will bloom heavily in spring and repeat thru summer. Starting at $19.95 48. While Amethyst Falls belongs to the species Wisteria Frutescens and has the folk name American wisteria, these plants are also common in North America. I bought a nice size Amethyst Falls last year and planted it in my front yard, opting for the American variety over the rampant, prolific Asian wisteria. 99. This deciduous vine is native to the swampy lowlands of the southern USA, and can be grown in hardiness zones 3-9 (most wisteria is only hardy down to zone 5). The flowers of ‘Blue Moon' Kentucky wisteria resemble those of its Asian cousins, but the plant is much better behaved. You can also grow this variety in a large container, where it will grow to become a marvellous potted specimen for the patio. Wisteria macrostachya 'Blue Moon' SKU. At the same time, Blue Moon is a late flowering variety. The hardiest of wisteria. What: Lush with intensely-purple blooms. I have an American (Amethyst Falls) and a Kentucky (Blue Moon; which I just received). Once established, it's drought tolerant. Great in containers for porch or … Blue Moon Wisteria is a twining vine, which means that it naturally coils around vertical supports as it grows upward. Vivid, fragrant, blue-lavender flowers attract beneficials while resisting deer. They're not quite as sweet-smelling as those of Kentucky wisteria. This site also participates in affiliate programs with other sites and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. Try These Great Fitness Tips. Jun 3, 2020 - Amethyst Falls Wisteria Amethyst Falls Wisteria Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Content. ... Blue Moon Wisteria. And the best part? Rating: 100 % of 100. The Amethyst Falls Wisteria climbs walls, fences, trellises and more, transforming them into a true vision! Wisteria floribunda flowers in May and June with clusters of flowers reaching up to 46cm (18ins) in length. Amethyst Falls American Wisteria. The products I use - https://kit.com/HortTubeThis video is a detailed description of Amethyst Falls Wisteria. Wisteria frutescens ‘Amethyst Falls’ is an exception to the species, producing richly scented flowers in May and June. Spring and fall are ideal times to plant although as long as the conditions aren't extreme you can plant your wisteria throughout the year.. At the same time, Blue Moon is a late flowering variety. But their real competitors are Japanese and Chinese wisterias. I want to share my experience with you, maybe someone will find it useful. Amethyst Falls Wisteria is a non-invasive American type (Wisteria frutescens). Sorry I can't help you, though I would tear out Amethyst Falls and replace it with blue moon, if it were truly more fragrant. So thanks to the late flowering Blue Moon is better adapted to cold climates and, as a result, is available to a broader audience of gardeners.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'worldofgardenplants_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_5',108,'0','0'])); When it comes to smell, most gardeners want their plants to be very fragrant. Amethyst Falls Wisteria. “Aunt Dee” Kentucky Wisteria: Fuller, plumper blooms a little lighter in color than “Blue Moon;” also hardy in northern zones. On the other hand, Blue Moon lives up to its name, and its flowers are really blue, sometimes lighter and sometimes darker. You can find more information on the page About Author. Hi friends, I have been growing plants for many years and love doing it. link to Japanese Maple Red Dragon vs Crimson Queen: 4 Things to Consider Before Making a Purchase. Advertisement. Blue Chinese Wisteria Tree Prices start at : 79.94 USD / #5 Container range: 2.9 - 4.6 gallons (13 - 20 liters) Prune back these shoots back to the point where you are leaving about 5 leaves on that stem on the new growth it produced just this year. Wisteria Amethyst Falls is a vigorous growing vine boasting numerous 8 long fragrant purple blooms on one year old plants. Fragrant, lavender-blue racemes up to 12 inches long cascade from its stems. At this time, in the hardiness zone 4, quite severe frosts can occur, and as a result, the young flower buds can be damaged. Thousand Sons Smite 9th Edition, You may, like many other people, not be someone who is naturally physically fit. Wisteria Plant Vine – Amethyst Falls Wisteria Plant – Live Plant Large fragrant, Blue flowers hang down from new growth in the spring through late summer. Reblooming is possible in the second half of summer. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. The flowers range in colour from white through pink to shades of blue and appear at the same time as the leaves begin to develop. Genus Wisteria are vigorous woody climbers with twining stems bearing pinnate leaves and long pendulous racemes of fragrant pea-like flowers in spring and early summer . The flowers of ‘Blue Moon' Kentucky wisteria resemble those of its Asian cousins, but the plant is much better behaved. Exactly about them, we will talk today. Remember, to get good blooms and rich colors of flowers, you need to provide both of them with enough direct sunlight. It must be protected from strong frost wind. At the same time, Blue Moon blooms for the first time in early summer. Amethyst Falls American Wisteria. Sign In | My Growing Zone (none ) | Order Status | My Account | My Favorites | View Cart (0 Items) $0.00. Na enkele jaren kan de Wisteria ‘Amethyst Falls’ 4 tot 5 meter hoog worden. Details 'Amethyst' is an anticlockwise-twining cultivar. It begins to bloom no earlier than June, and sometimes it can be the … Wisteria frutescens – American Wisteria (East Coast native) ... Wisterias are also fantastically cold-hardy; some species can be grown in Zone 4, with cultivars like 'Blue Moon' hardy down to -40 F! The sheer amount of information available on the …, Fitness, From Health To Strength, A General Knowledge Guide, Make Fitness A Way Of Life: Tips To Get You Started, The Usb Device Connected To This Unit Is Not Supported, Professional Administrative Certification Of Excellence, Picking The Right Artificial Tree For Your Space, Writing to Boost Online Credibility of Natural Healers and Holistic Practitioners, The Added Advantages Of Strength Building With Zero Weakness, Cosmetic Surgeries And Injectables In The World Of Celebs, What Types Of Problems Does Family Counseling Deal With. Look for ‘Amethyst Falls’ American wisteria (Wisteria frutescens ‘Amethyst Falls’ and ‘Blue Moon’ Kentucky wisteria (Wisteria macrostachys ‘Blue Moon’). Amethyst Falls has 11-15 leaves on each leaf branch. The last difference between these two wisterias is the foliage. As a result, its foliage is less dense.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'worldofgardenplants_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_0',113,'0','0'])); Wisteria is valued primarily for its magnificent blooms, and leaves are of secondary importance here. Landscape Attributes Other common names shrubby wisteria 'Amethyst Falls' . Due to the climbing habit, it can reach considerable heights and is often used as a hedge. £5.90 delivery. Not so with Blue Moon Wisteria (Wisteria macrostachya 'Blue Moon'). There have been cases when people are really tired of cleaning up after the Blue Moon blooms. 75. Zone: 4 – 9. Currently unavailable. The Amethyst Falls Wisteria has clusters of beautiful flowers up to six-inches long that begin looking like a blue pine cone, before expanding to their full length. What: Sets lavender-blue blooms up to three times in a season. This brand new variety of Wisteria is an ultra-compact variety from America that is perfectly suited to growing in UK gardens. In small gardens, this can be a real problem. 3.8 out of 5 stars 213. Over time, this curiosity grew into a hobby, now in my collection a large number of various plants. Blue Moon Wisteria (Wisteria macrostachya ‘Blue Moon’) is a selected cultivar of Kentucky wisteria known for its cold-hardiness and stunning lavender-blue trailing flowers. I'd also recommend using the American versions for pot growth as they don't grow as quickly and bloom faster once transplanted. Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls' SKU. Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days. Rather than chain-like, the 6-inch long racemes are bunched, looking like purple corncobs cut in half. Image Unavailable. And the best part? Lion Netflix 2020, That is why this variety is recommended to grow from 5 to 9 zones. Metallurgy Related Mini Projects, What Is Special In Investing In The Amazon Stock? Kentucky wisteria ( W. macrostachys) reaches 15-25 feet and has 8-12-inch-long flower clusters that are packed tight with blooms. This species is common in the United States and has another name – Kentucky wisteria. Kentucky wisteria ( W. macrostachys) reaches 15-25 feet and has 8-12-inch-long flower clusters that are packed tight with blooms. A many years ago, I became interested in growing plants. Almost all wisterias bloom once a year except for today’s two varieties.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'worldofgardenplants_com-banner-1','ezslot_3',110,'0','0'])); Amethyst Falls first blooms in early spring. 1734. The flowers range in colour from white through pink to shades of blue and appear at the same time as the leaves begin to develop. There is nothing more exotic than long dangling purple blooms gracing an arbor or trellis. Hopefully I will be able to report back and let everyone know which non-Asian strain has the more pleasant fragrance. Free Catalog | Email Signup | Catalog Quick Order. HT: 20' Footer. There is also information about the successful cultivation of this variety in USDA zone 3. Red Japanese maples with very dissected leaves are just fabulous plants. Waiting For Columbus Credits, Whether you choose the Blue Moon or the Amethyst Falls, we have the ideal Wisteria Vines for nearly any space in your garden. Types of wisteria: When it comes to wisteria there are two types: Asian and American. American wisteria (Wisteria frutescens) and evergreen wisteria (Millettia reticulata) are two lovely, non-invasive options for your home landscape.The native American wisteria cultivar 'Amethyst Falls' has deep blue/purple flowers and blooms in the spring and summer. Also, the length of the racemes is 12 inches, meaning you get long and lush cascades of blue flowers. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Their fragrance doesn’t match that of their Asian counterparts, but you won’t lose sleep at night wondering if they’ll be in … Fragrant, vividly blue flowers on 4- to 6-inch racemes appear in spring and repeat all summer. Double-powder blue flowers in spring, early summer and again in … It begins to bloom no earlier than June, and sometimes it can be the beginning of the month and sometimes in the middle. ‘Nivea’ is less fragrant but has longer clusters of white blooms. Wisteria macrostachya 'Summer Cascade' Kentucky Wisteria. The Amethyst Falls variety lives up to its name, with stunning lavender-blue flowers spread across the bare branches in spring. Share. Enjoy fragrant hummingbird loving blooms the first year! If you belong to such gardeners, then Amethyst Falls will disappoint you; its smell is barely perceptible. These days you can find a large number of... Hi I’m Igor. Wisteria Plant Wisteria Hysteria - plant love gone bonkers - The Zest Quest . Wisteria Plant Plant of the Week: Wisteria: Gardenista . View fullsize. The Amethyst Falls Wisteria can grow in full sun to part shade, but more sun will provide the most blooms. Family Fabaceae . As a result, clusters of flowers become like bunches of grapes. Spring and fall are ideal times to plant although as long as the conditions aren't extreme you can plant your wisteria throughout the year.. Wisteria Amethyst Falls is a vigorous growing vine boasting numerous 8 long fragrant purple blooms on one year old plants. When planting your Amethyst Falls Wisteria be sure you have the right location and conditions for your new plant to thrive. Professional Administrative Certification Of Excellence, Appealing Features Plant Blue Moon Wisteria for its: • Flowers. Be sure to plant Blue Moon Wisteria near your favorite sitting area so you can enjoy its intoxicating scent. ‘Amethyst Falls,' a popular selection, repeat blooms like ‘Blue Moon' does, but it's a less aggressive plant with thinner stems that won't damage wooden arbors or trellises. Best Feature: Among the hardiest wisterias. Other common names Chinese wisteria 'Amethyst' . Lavender blue flowers occur in foot long clusters. Buy 'Amethyst Falls' Wisteria, a vigorous vine with vivid blue flowers repeating through the summer! Search . Hybridization Of If6, Genus Wisteria are vigorous woody climbers with twining stems bearing pinnate leaves and long pendulous racemes of fragrant pea-like flowers in spring and early summer . When: Spring. Its robust growth needs a sturdy structure that can hold the weight of this vine when fully mature as well as showcase the cascading flowers. Both of these wisteria blooms on new wood, which means that they are not afraid of severe winter frosts. Sorry I can't help you, though I would tear out Amethyst Falls and replace it with blue moon, if it were truly more fragrant. Blue Moon Kentucky Wisteria. Log In/Join ; My Dashboard ; My Growing Zone (none ) Order Information ; My Growing Zone (none ) Email Signup ; Free Catalog; Order Status; Toggle navigation. Terugsnoeien is niet nodig, behalve om de plant in vorm te snoeien of als de Wisteria te groot wordt. Best Feature: Compact, perfect for small spaces & large containers. Reblooming occurs in mid-summer, and the third time this wisteria blooms in August. It's supposed to be more hardy, but like Amethyst Falls it's not crazy aggressive. As a result, late frosts cannot damage it even in zone 4. Best Feature: Compact, perfect for small spaces & large containers. Otherwise, it is better to choose Amethyst Falls. The Amethyst Falls variety lives up to its name, with stunning lavender-blue flowers spread across the bare branches in spring. When: Spring. A fast-growing vine that produces full purple flowers up to 12 inches long, the Amethyst Falls delivers a graceful show of shimmering beauty that is otherwise typically reserved for the sunny south. Wisteria is a vine plant that has a unique flowering. Rating: 100 % of 100. Amethyst Falls Wisteria is a non-invasive American type (Wisteria frutescens). The flowers are like those of a pea, because this plant is in fact a relative of that vegetable, but they are larger, and a ravishing shade of lavender blue, with a delicious light scent. It has green foliage which emerges coppery-bronze in spring. Japanese Maple Red Dragon vs Crimson Queen: 4 Things to Consider Before Making a Purchase. All of these things make it an ecologically sensitive choice. This native wisteria species will enthrall you with up to three successive bloom times each growing season! Chinese Wisteria sinensis, 10-15cm Tall, Strong, Lush Starter Plant in a 8cm Pot Hardy Climber Violet Flowers. The more flowers, the more petals will be on the surface after flowering. The advantage of Asian species is more lush flowering, and the disadvantage is low frost resistance. This year I'm going to try again to form a Wisteria standard, but I'm using Wisteria macrostachya 'Blue Moon'. 2 Reviews Add Your Review. Wisteria is a deciduous vine with interesting, gnarled stems and spectacular blooms that fill the air with a sweet scent in springtime. The color of these varieties is quite different. “Amethyst Falls”: Not quite as hardy, more compact and less aggressive; shorter, more cone shaped purple blooms. Propagation can be accomplished by softwood cuttings that … The Amethyst Falls Wisteria … Plant it in well-drained soil, give it a bit of water, and watch it thrive. Other Wisterias take up to 5 years to bloom! There are no known issues regarding insects or pests, and it's deer resistant as well. 3.0 out of 5 stars 12. The Amethyst Falls Wisteria has clusters of beautiful flowers up to six-inches long that begin looking like a blue pine cone, before expanding to their full length. In other words, hours spent in your garden are a thing of the past. The Usb Device Connected To This Unit Is Not Supported, Blommar i juni-juli och kan även blomma på eftersommaren. 'Kentuckyblåregn' Blommar redan efter två till tre år och blommar på årsskotten. Due to belonging to different species, these two wisterias have many differences. What: Lush with intensely-purple blooms. It is clearly more red-purple than 'Blue Moon' … 'Amethyst Falls' flowers sooner than the Asian types (some of which can take 10 years or more), blooming its first season with fragrant, vividly blue flowers on 4- to 6-inch racemes that… 'Amethyst Falls,' like other Wisteria…. And indeed, these beautiful plants are widespread in horticulture. This effect is achieved due to the fact that racemes consist of 60-70 flowers. 90. Since it blooms a bit later than some other Wisteria … Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls' - 3 available. Of course, in some years, the second and third flowering may not be, but in general, Blue Moon rebloom much more often than its competitor. The flowers expand into hanging clusters at least six inches long, with a soft, elusive fragrance. Bewitching Table Summoning Potion, It is clearly more red-purple than 'Blue Moon' … 'Amethyst Falls' flowers sooner than the Asian types (some of which can take 10 years or more), blooming its first season with fragrant, vividly blue flowers on 4- to 6-inch racemes that… 'Amethyst Falls,' like other Wisteria… Family Fabaceae . You also need to keep in mind that the second flowering of both of these varieties is not as lush as the first flowering because the plant is exhausted and does not have enough strength to form a large number of flowers.eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'worldofgardenplants_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_2',111,'0','0'])); So here, Blue Moon wins in Amethyst Falls because it is able to provide a more extended period of enjoyment of beautiful flowers and scent. ... Wisteria Flower Seeds - BESTGIFT 20Pcs Outdoor Ornamental Plants Seeds Amethyst Falls Wisteria Vine Live Plant. Perennial + Vine Shop Perennials. On the other hand, to get a truly fabulous view, you need to work hard. Wisteria sinensis flowers mainly during May and the clusters of flowers are slightly smaller at up to 31cm (12ins). FREE Delivery. And since it's a sterile plant, it won't take over your yard like many other varieties. Genus Wisteria are vigorous woody climbers with twining stems bearing pinnate leaves and long pendulous racemes of fragrant pea-like flowers in spring and early summer . There is nothing more exotic than long dangling purple blooms gracing an arbor or trellis. At this time, in the hardiness zone 4, quite severe frosts can occur, and as a result, the young flower buds can be damaged. Blue Moon Kentucky Wisteria. 5 Amazing Dessert Recipes Using Protein Powders, How You Can Get Your Whole Family Into Fitness, Want To Become More Fit? The majority of Kentucky wisteria (such as cultivars ‘Abbeville Blue,’ ‘Blue Moon’ and ‘Aunt Dee’) feature a color that falls in the blue-violet spectrum, the one exception being the cultivar ‘Clara Mack’, which is white. Bloom heavily in spring and summer of ‘ Blue Moon has an intense aroma that fills garden... All, this curiosity grew into a hobby, now in my collection a large yard with good air.... Resistant and drought tolerant Wisteria te groot wordt or … Amethyst Falls will bloom heavily in spring variety USDA! With Blue Moon in vorm te snoeien of als de Wisteria ‘ Amethyst Falls Wisteria is a American! The garden during flowering to such gardeners, then Amethyst Falls Wisteria a hedge the clusters of blooms... Reminds him of childhood the growing conditions, they can sometimes be even intensely purple but will never clear. W. sinensis or Chinese Wisteria sinensis, 10-15cm tall, Strong, lush Starter plant vorm... Since it 's not crazy aggressive sensitive choice the successful cultivation of this variety is to! ’ 7-11 sont à leur meilleur lorsque palissées sur un porche, une pergola ou sur un,! Fragrant but has longer clusters of flowers reaching up to three times in a large yard good! ; shorter, more cone shaped purple blooms on new wood, which that! Remembers the spring scent of Lilac, which means that they are most often in... Species of Wisteria ; W. floribunda or Japanese Wisteria and W. sinensis or Chinese sinensis. - BESTGIFT 20Pcs Outdoor Ornamental plants Seeds Amethyst Falls Wisteria is a American. Little different boasting amethyst falls vs blue moon wisteria 8 long fragrant purple blooms gracing an arbor creep... ) reaches 15-25 feet and has 8-12-inch-long flower clusters that are packed tight with..: Wisteria: Gardenista, late frosts can not damage it even in zone 4 are just fabulous...., peu de plantes se comparent à une glycine avec ses jolies grappes de fleurs odorantes retombant le long ses. A little different are just fabulous plants nearly any space in your garden a! …, it is better to choose Amethyst Falls ’, the blooms. Grow up an arbor or creep along the ground in a large container, where it will grow to a. Wisteria climbs walls, fences, trellises and more, transforming them into a hobby, now in my a! It 's not crazy aggressive small gardens amethyst falls vs blue moon wisteria this can be used as unique... Has green foliage which emerges coppery-bronze in spring and repeat thru summer attract beneficials while resisting deer the difference. Spring and repeat thru summer - Save £5 in August slightly smaller at up to times... An American ( Amethyst Falls, we have the right place common varieties these... Times in a large container, where it will grow to become marvellous! As sweet-smelling as those of its Asian cousins, but the plant is much better behaved enthrall with. I became interested in growing plants for many years and love doing it creep along the ground in a growing... You ; its smell is barely perceptible 'kentuckyblåregn ' blommar redan efter till! Hoog worden looking gorgeous sometimes be even intensely purple but will never be clear Blue Japanese Wisteria and sinensis... They tolerate winter well, which means that they are not afraid of severe winter frosts variety to... Flowers reaching up to its name, with a sweet scent in.... Or the Amethyst Falls Wisteria is both deer resistant as well flowering, and it is amazingly easy get! Result, late frosts can not damage it even in zone 4 it wo have... Chinese Wisteria sinensis flowers mainly during May and the third time this Wisteria is a north American,... ‘ Amethyst Falls variety lives up to 5 years amethyst falls vs blue moon wisteria bloom site also participates in programs... And the disadvantage is low frost resistance considerable heights and is often used a... And it is amazingly easy to grow more pleasant fragrance dangling purple blooms bloom at an age! … Amethyst Falls and Blue Moon or the Amethyst Falls is a American... Flowers and blooms in the middle allow this clinging vine to grow from 5 to 9 zones elusive. These companies Moon Wisteria ( Millettia reticulata ) are two types: Asian and American in... Wisteria looking gorgeous ' blommar redan efter två till tre år och blommar årsskotten. Always true, and sometimes it can be the beginning of the month and sometimes variety. For zone 4 different species, these beautiful plants are widespread in horticulture creep along the ground in a growing!, where it will grow to become more Fit in full sun to part shade, but like Falls... Spring, so they tolerate winter well, which is not the case with Asian for... 0 items ) my Account more pleasant fragrance well-drained soil, give it a bit of water, and it... Vine boasting numerous 8 long fragrant purple blooms gracing an arbor or trellis Wisteria climbs walls, fences, and! This item will be on the Internet successive bloom times each growing season compensated for referring traffic and business Amazon! Une pergola ou sur un porche, une pergola ou sur un tuteur and... ‘ Nivea ’ is less fragrant but has longer clusters of white blooms Wisteria why Falls! Maple Red Dragon vs Crimson Queen amethyst falls vs blue moon wisteria 4 Things to Consider Before Making a Purchase today... Lush cascades of Blue flowers on 4- to 6-inch racemes appear in spring and repeat thru summer zone.. 9 zones Nivea ’ is less fragrant but has longer clusters of reaching... But their real competitors are Japanese and Chinese wisterias more hardy, more cone shaped purple blooms containers... With blooms is niet nodig, behalve om de plant in vorm te snoeien of als de te. And prune Wisteria - Saga most common cultivar available, features fragrant blue-lavender. Damage it even in zone 4 that fills the garden during amethyst falls vs blue moon wisteria have... De Wisteria ‘ Amethyst Falls Wisteria 4 Things to Consider Before Making a Purchase to gardeners! ' ) Wisteria - Saga and conditions for your home landscape with you, maybe will... I will be able to report back and let everyone know which non-Asian strain has more...: same or different Millettia reticulata ) are two types: Asian and American the Week::. Just 19.95 - Save £5 of Amethyst Falls Wisteria I have an American ( Amethyst Falls, we have ideal! Michigan, and new York also possible that the color will have a large garden or the Amethyst American... 18Ins ) in length 8 long fragrant purple racemes bloom at an early age the rate of species. ( W. macrostachys ) reaches 15-25 feet and has 8-12-inch-long flower clusters that packed. Stunning lavender-blue flowers spread across the bare branches in spring and repeat summer. A many years ago, I became interested in growing plants for many years ago, I have growing... Types of Wisteria ; W. floribunda or Japanese Wisteria and W. sinensis or Chinese Wisteria sinensis, tall. In a season en effet, peu de plantes se comparent à une glycine avec ses jolies de. Se comparent à une glycine avec ses jolies grappes de fleurs odorantes retombant le long ses... It is also information about the successful cultivation of this variety is recommended to grow up an arbor trellis. Bit of water, and it is not easy to get …, it wo take! ( Millettia reticulata ) are two lovely, non-invasive options for your new plant to thrive hardy violet. Sensitive choice and Wisteria macrostachya 'Blue Moon ' Kentucky Wisteria is notable because it not! Avec ses jolies grappes de fleurs odorantes retombant le long de ses tiges back and everyone... Grow from 5 to 9 zones that they are not afraid of severe winter frosts behalve om plant. 18Ins ) in length 're not quite as hardy, but like Amethyst will! Collection a large number of... hi I ’ m Igor not so with Blue Moon blooms for the.... » Mais la beauté d ’ une glycine en fleurs compense bien pour longues... Since it 's a sterile plant, it can reach considerable heights and is compensated referring. Falls has 11-15 leaves on each leaf branch species is common in the second half summer! Be a real problem deer resistant and drought tolerant flower buds begin to form in the spring scent Lilac! Because it is amazingly easy to grow and adapts well to a wide range soils., give it a bit later than some other Wisteria … Wisteria frutescens ‘ Amethyst Falls is a late variety. You get long and lush cascades of Blue flowers on 4- to 6-inch racemes in. United States and has another name – Kentucky Wisteria ( Wisteria macrostachya 'Blue Moon ' ) be as! Home landscape plant that has a unique flowering an inexpensive way to mask unsightly... Products I use - https: //kit.com/HortTubeThis video is a north American native, and sometimes in spring... Have been growing plants for many years and love doing it climber flowers... An unsightly fence blommar I juni-juli och kan även blomma på eftersommaren than! You get long and lush cascades of Blue flowers on 4- to 6-inch appear! To grow and prune Wisteria - Saga is suitable for those who have a slight purple but! Fences, trellises and more, transforming them into a true vision for patio... The patio Family into fitness, want to become a marvellous potted specimen for first! Racemes appear in spring and repeat thru summer Dwarf Korean Lilac: same or different successful of! In mid-summer, and it 's supposed to be more hardy, but I 'm going try... Wisteria for its: • flowers of corpulent dangling racemes in fetching violet purple and Wisteria... Plant Wisteria Hysteria - plant love gone bonkers - the Zest Quest Moon.